View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Partnership PALEAAAASEEEEEEEE.

Gut tells me we will hit $8 soon. Balls of steel are starting to crumble.
    Just start to fondle them. It will help rub out the rough edges
    07-11-13 07:49 AM
    Since the company is in Phase 2... It might be reasonable to not expect profits until December or next March even... One year from now we will have a much better understanding where the company is at (unless they get bought out).
    I think TH's problem and those before him at BBRY is that they think they are running a marathon when the tech world is more like a sprint. BBRY may not be around to catch up to those who sprinted by them. We don't need a full out sprint, but they need some urgency and I just don't see it.
    Kid Vibe, rarsen and Compaqee like this.
    07-11-13 07:50 AM
    What does this mean? Shorts didn't even cover and in fact increased another 2 million to 185,000,000 shares short ? Wtf is going on.

Posted via CB10
    They must be pretty smart, the shorts are eating our lunch. I hate it, but it is true. Hopefully they get greed and don't cover and get creamed, but for now they are in control and TH and company don't seem to care. Sad.....
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    07-11-13 07:52 AM
    I won't completely write off what Faucette says but will take it as an over exaggeration. Q4 he had a bet of 300,000 units and we ended up at 1 million. Q1 he had an estimate of max 1.5 million and we had 2.7. There may be some truth to his "checks" but not to the lows he gives. Will have to watch the news today for some verification from either BB (not likely) and/or Phones 4U
    07-11-13 07:53 AM
    They must be pretty smart, the shorts are eating our lunch. I hate it, but it is true. Hopefully they get greed and don't cover and get creamed, but for now they are in control and TH and company don't seem to care. Sad.....
    Shorts are def winning... Man o man, brutal. But let me say this, if there is ever a short squeeze, I pray it is the mother of all short squeezes and these short sellers/hedge funds eat dog ****.
    07-11-13 07:55 AM
    Just start to fondle them. It will help rub out the rough edges
    LOL
    07-11-13 08:10 AM
    Just as an aside about the competition - I really wonder what Nokia could do if they actually controlled the WP8 software?

Later they will be announcing the Lumia 1020, which if a camera phone is your thing is a big deal *but* if you have problems with aspects of WP8, well you already know that they will not be fixed because Nokia has no real control over that. Regardless of if you are a short or a long, at least BBRY are not hamstrung in the same way.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-11-13 08:13 AM
    Partnership PALEAAAASEEEEEEEE.

Gut tells me we will hit $8 soon. Balls of steel are starting to crumble.
    Keep it together friend! We should be attempting as a group to come up with some figures to see if the valuation of blackberry is valid & if the potential revenue streams in the future suggest that right now is only a current set back and that TH & co's game plan is right on the money.

Our friend chrysaurora was kind enough to help start our number crunches and create discussion about the viability of the MDM Solution program.

We'll need facts & figures to re-establish where we are with BBRY. Yes this quarter really stirred the pot and every short & their grandma was saying I told you so, but we need to check and see for ourselves....were they right? Or is this simply short sightedness and mass media echoing analysts.

Remember, negativity sells media - doom & gloom.

We just need to see through it, if we find we are wrong, we should withdraw and make our money elsewhere. We cannot get emotionally attached to this stock.....more than we already have.

Money is money.

Cheers
    07-11-13 08:16 AM
    Just as an aside about the competition - I really wonder what Nokia could do if they actually controlled the WP8 software?

Later they will be announcing the Lumia 1020, which if a camera phone is your thing is a big deal *but* if you have problems with aspects of WP8, well you already know that they will not be fixed because Nokia has no real control over that. Regardless of if you are a short or a long, at least BBRY are not hamstrung in the same way.
    I agree that really sux for Nokia.
    07-11-13 08:17 AM
    See: http://curtismorley.com/2011/02/02/h...000-employees/

That's US alone. BES 10.1 is being installed WORLD OVER!
    And what percentage of employees need a company phone?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:19 AM
    I am not sure I buy into this one. But, who knows.

BlackBerry A10 to be "most powerful, capable" BlackBerry yet, with huge focus on gaming?

Pocket-lint

July-10-13 10:39 PM GMT

BlackBerry hopes its next flagship - called the A10 - will be a powerful handset that'll appeal to both gamers and developers, according to a new report.

Tech news website BGR, citing multiple unnamed sources, claimed on Wednesday that the A10 will have a "big focus on power and gaming." It'll also be "the most powerful, capable BlackBerry" yet.

The A10 will allegedly appeal to the gaming community with a 5-inch Super AMOLED display, 2GB of RAM and a dual-core processor. Why no quad-core on board? Well, Blackberry has battery life concerns and optimization difficulties with BB10 software that make a dual-core chip more practical.

Read: BlackBerry's next flagship A10 touchscreen phone to release in November?

On the physical side, the A10 will purportedly sport a bigger display size and a new design that "closely resembles" the Samsung Galaxy S4. This tidbit would align with reports in June that claimed BlackBerry wants the A10, previously codenamed Aristo, to keep up with the likes of the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S4.

BGR noted that it hasn't confirmed whether the A10 will have an 8-megapixel camera, but it does expect a "huge focus on gaming". The company would need to bolster developer relations, though, to adequately show off any gaming capabilities.

The Blackberry A10 will likely land in November as the last addition to the BB10 smartphone lineup for the year.
    07-11-13 08:20 AM
    It is all relative . . . .

Apple predicted to post almost no revenue growth in fiscal Q3

BGR

July-10-13 10:37 PM GMT

What a difference a year makes. Last summer Apple was still on top of the world and its stock price was headed for $700. This year, the company faces the prospects of slower growth and declining margins as the high-end smartphone market nears saturation. Fortune reports that the emerging consensus among Wall Street analysts is that Apple will post significantly lower year-over-year revenue growth in the fiscal third quarter of 2013. In fact, Fortune�s own preliminary survey shows that analysts now expect the company to report $35.02 billion in revenue on the quarter, which just happens to be the exact same figure that Apple posted in the fiscal third quarter last year. Apple will report its fiscal Q3 earnings on July 23rd.
    07-11-13 08:23 AM
    We should see a relatively strong market open based on Bernanke’s comments last night so that should give BBRY a possible lift.

I’ve noticed that BBRY runs up in pre-market then fades at the open... I’m wondering if the evil “shorts” aren’t slowly covering their positions into further weakness without rocking the boat terribly.
    07-11-13 08:26 AM
    The sad thing is, is that all these reports are quoting a story by a known BlackBerry basher at BGR. I'll start to take more notice when there's at least 1 more source for this.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    07-11-13 08:30 AM
    We should see a relatively strong market open based on Bernanke’s comments last night so that should give BBRY a possible lift.

I’ve noticed that BBRY runs up in pre-market then fades at the open... I’m wondering if the evil “shorts” aren’t slowly covering their positions into further weakness without rocking the boat terribly.
    .....and the trend continues....
    07-11-13 08:31 AM
    Aristo story:

When you think of potential BB customers, do gamers come to mind ?
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-11-13 08:34 AM
    Will This Be BlackBerry's Game-Changer? (BBRY)

MDM solutions - BBRY's game changer.

This offers some additional numbers - worth reading!
    jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    07-11-13 08:35 AM
    Good Morning everybody - Apparently 2 more executives have left Blackberry.

Here's a link to the full article. Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) Loses Two More Executives
    Yup.... we discussed this yesterday. I'd encourage you to go back a page and read what Peter wrote regarding this. It sheds some good light and explains in more detail the real goings on. It's not simply two employees quitting.
    07-11-13 08:40 AM
    Aristo story:

When you think of potential BB customers, do gamers come to mind ?
    I think gaming capabilities have become a kind of benchmark in the mobile world and as you see games get more and more advanced you will see mobile become more important.

For example the game "The Division" which is coming out for the PS4 - also has mobile capable features where you will actually be able to be in the game on your ipad or mobile device. Play in the same world that people on their consoles are playing in.
    07-11-13 08:43 AM
    Yup.... we discussed this yesterday. I'd encourage you to go back a page and read what Peter wrote regarding this. It sheds some good light and explains in more detail the real goings on. It's not simply two employees quitting.
    Whoops - must've missed it. Thanks for the heads up.
    bungaboy and Compaqee like this.
    07-11-13 08:43 AM
    BlackBerry shares dip below $10 - Business - CBC News

Watch the wording, CBC jumps around with quotes so it's hard to tell sometimes who they are quoting making the story even more misleading.

From the Article:
    Z10 phones don't sell in U.K.

Faucette also said U.K. retailer Phones 4U has sent back their stock of Blackberry Z10 phones from "as many as a third" of its locations and doesn't plan to stock it any longer.

"We believe BlackBerry is at risk of similar behaviour from other retailers and in other regions in the coming quarters, which we believe would impede the company's ability to regain scale," he said in a note, with an underperform rating on the company.

"Checks indicate continued deterioration of BlackBerry's business. We see downside to $6 per share and remain sellers."

On Tuesday, Heins outlined BlackBerry's strategy to become profitable once again at the company's annual meeting.
    The other thing which Faucette said was:

Pacific Crest analyst James Faucette said the high-end smartphone market is facing a point of "general saturation" that could weigh on BlackBerry's attempt to gain a stronger position.

The launch of the lower-priced BlackBerry Q5 smartphone in the U.K. has fallen short of expectations with sales of roughly 5,000 devices, according to Faucette's checks with retailers.

The numbers are not official and BlackBerry does not release specific sales figures for its devices.

Faucette also said U.K. retailer Phones 4U has sent back their stock of BlackBerry Z10 touch-screen phones from "as many as a third" of its locations and doesn't plan to stock it any longer.
    BlackBerry shares sink below $10 for first time since November

Note: that's not me saying the figures are right, just adding to what that analyst said - people can agree or dispute as they like.
    07-11-13 08:44 AM
    She's fighting.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and Compaqee like this.
    07-11-13 08:44 AM
    i support BBRY, i make apps... lol

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:48 AM
    This offers some additional numbers - worth reading!
    In terms of using some of that $3.1bn, I think Blackberry should look to potentially acquire someone like Good Technologies (private) or partner with IBM. If MDM is the future, then ensuring that they are the first name that comes to mind is important. The MDM space is pretty cluttered:

Airwatch
    Good for enterprise
    MobileIron
    Symantec
    Zenprise
    IBM

There’s no guarantee that BES10 will automatically take everyone’s lunch if we look at the arc of the Z10...
    tiziano27 likes this.
    07-11-13 08:48 AM
    & we're green...
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and 7786 like this.
    07-11-13 08:51 AM
113,256 ... 15221523152415251526 ...