View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding but by close means end of day no? And the reporting period was up to and including the 28th, which was er day.
    What does this mean? Shorts didn't even cover and in fact increased another 2 million to 185,000,000 shares short ? Wtf is going on.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 06:42 PM
    Nite guys !
    It's about time. 2AM here

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 06:55 PM
    That all sounds very noble but many employees are just glad to have a job, period. They thrive on feeding their family!
    The voice of a realist.

I have money on the line. I'm making a realistic assessment of the company. Maybe some people like pie in the sky, but how'd that work on the 28th?
    07-10-13 06:57 PM
    What does this mean? Shorts didn't even cover and in fact increased another 2 million to 185,000,000 shares short ? Wtf is going on.
    No, see some posts above such as http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...ml#post8800033

Apparently the numbers do NOT include the 28th or even some days before, because the Settlement date is what matters.
    07-10-13 06:57 PM
    In their report, BBRY stated what their patents/intellectual property were worth. Is this devised by some metric or is it set by BBRY?
    07-10-13 07:20 PM
    In their report, BBRY stated what their patents/intellectual property were worth. Is this devised by some metric or is it set by BBRY?
    I believe that patents they purchase are listed at the purchase price. They can then amortize that over a number of years. I haven't looked into how BlackBerry created patents are treated.
    bungaboy and m1a1mg like this.
    07-10-13 07:34 PM
    Does anybody remember the name of the dude who was trashing CrackBerry over at Yahoo Finance?

I think he was BB_Trader here before his PermaBan.

Something along the lines of Fraud_Investor and something like that.

I wanted to go over there and get an update.

Thanks.
    07-10-13 07:53 PM
    Does anybody remember the name of the dude who was trashing CrackBerry over at Yahoo Finance?

I think he was BB_Trader here before his PermaBan.

Something along the lines of Fraud_Investor and something like that.

I wanted to go over there and get an update.

Thanks.
    I haven't been over there in a while due to the sheer lack of any insightful posts and lack of value of that forum, but it was fraud street trader. Of my last few visits, there were no posts by him there so I was thinking that he was banned there too.... or grounded from his pc... one of the two. Either way, I think he's been reincarnated here at CB. Will look forward to his posts... lol. Where the heck is LCJR and his **** Hunter?
    bungaboy, plane6065 and Compaqee like this.
    07-10-13 08:00 PM
    Where is our buddy LCJR? I miss his positive attitude and friendly demeanor.

On that note, a prayer for Morgan and a good night to you guys/gal.

Better days ahead.
    07-10-13 08:02 PM
    I think he has family over from Germany. Said he would be out for a few days.
    cjcampbell, Compaqee and bungaboy like this.
    07-10-13 08:06 PM
    I think he has family over from Germany. Said he would be out for a few days.
    Yeah Colorado Springs to see kids too.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    07-10-13 08:16 PM
    Wishing you well Morgan!

The sub $10 is upon us. My target is $8-9 range. BB teaches patient investing.

Hope to be in fully again before that great day when I awaken to the news that rises this sleeping beast from it's long deep slumber.
    peter9477 and BergerKing like this.
    07-10-13 08:18 PM
    He said in the BBM group when the thread was closed that he was having family over from Germany.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-10-13 08:18 PM
    Background for those out of the loop on these guys:

McCann headed up Gist, which was a RIM acquisition from February 2011. Gist effectively became the Contacts app and significant related capabilities under the covers in the PIM (for example, integrating your Twitter, Facebook, and other contacts together).

Gingras headed up Tungle, which was a RIM acquisition from April 2011. That one became the calendar and related functionality.

Although it's sad to see them go, and the timing makes for bad optics, it's worth pointing out that this is about the time frame in which one would expect the founders of startups like those to go on to new ventures after they've stayed with their baby through an acquisition. You either get turfed immediately after the purchase, or you're signed up to stay on for a good chunk of time (a year or longer is probably typical).

I suspect they had already stayed longer than originally required but I have no knowledge of the terms of their contracts.
    Good point. It's always hard to get successful startup founders to stick around for a long time. They've made some money from the acquisition, so getting a steady salary probably isn't a major concern. People who found startups generally aren't the type to want to remain a cog in a large company either.

I checked some of the founders from Google's 2010 and 1st half of 2011 acquisitions, and half (20 of 40) have left Google by now.
    07-10-13 08:28 PM
    Good point. It's always hard to get successful startup founders to stick around for a long time. They've made some money from the acquisition, so getting a steady salary probably isn't a major concern. People who found startups generally aren't the type to want to remain a cog in a large company either.

I checked some of the founders from Google's 2010 and 1st half of 2011 acquisitions, and half (20 of 40) have left Google by now.
    Yup. Its the spirit of the beast. You got a pocket full of cash and don't want the bureaucracy as it hampers you free spirit.

Don't blame them a bit. Been there (without the pocket full of cash LoL)
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-10-13 08:37 PM
    I haven't been over there in a while due to the sheer lack of any insightful posts and lack of value of that forum, but it was fraud street trader. Of my last few visits, there were no posts by him there so I was thinking that he was banned there too.... or grounded from his pc... one of the two. Either way, I think he's been reincarnated here at CB. Will look forward to his posts... lol. Where the heck is LCJR and his **** Hunter?
    He has family visiting from Germany and was supposed to be off to Colorado Springs....
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-10-13 08:41 PM
    A couple of articles of interest to the mobile arena, discussing NSA's involvement with Android:

The NSA Has Inserted Its Code Into Android OS, Or Three Quarters Of All Smartphones

The NSA Has Inserted Its Code Into Android OS, Or Three Quarters Of All Smartphones | Zero Hedge

No wonder China is worried about Android
    07-10-13 09:37 PM
    I wish I waited one more day to buy calls. Oh well. Next stop, naked puts!

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-10-13 09:45 PM
    Blackberry needs a total image revamp!!! I really hope the management is really doing something about it. In the mean time push out 10.2 asap and fix all the small little problems! Maybe then we have a chance.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:53 PM
    Is anyone aware of the current BES 7 installations active at the moment. I'm trying to build a model for the BES 10 service to try and guesstimate the potential revenue.

So far my understanding of the entire system.....

Under BES10:
    1. Android & iOS devices are compatible and cost $100 per year
    2. Blackberry 10 devices bring in $100 revenue
    3. Margins are roughly 86%
    4. Currently 19,000 installations, testing phase or implementing phase of the platform
    5. Can assume companies using BES 10 have an average of 200 devices (don't know how accurate this is)
    6. BES10 began roll out in.....???(Looking for an exact time frame so I can extrapolate the uptake)

Thanks for any light you fok can shed on this!

Cheers!
    07-10-13 09:53 PM
    I think they get 90 days free as well with bes10.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Compaqee likes this.
    07-10-13 10:05 PM
    Is anyone aware of the current BES 7 installations active at the moment. I'm trying to build a model for the BES 10 service to try and guesstimate the potential revenue.

So far my understanding of the entire system.....

Under BES10:
    1. Android & iOS devices are compatible and cost $100 per year
    2. Blackberry 10 devices bring in $100 revenue
    3. Margins are roughly 86%
    4. Currently 19,000 installations, testing phase or implementing phase of the platform
    5. Can assume companies using BES 10 have an average of 200 devices (don't know how accurate this is)
    6. BES10 began roll out in.....???(Looking for an exact time frame so I can extrapolate the uptake)

Thanks for any light you fok can shed on this!

Cheers!
    I recall hearing it was $100 per lifetime but I have no real support.

Edit. I read it in the BES10 forum here on CB.
    Compaqee likes this.
    07-10-13 10:07 PM
    A couple of articles of interest to the mobile arena, discussing NSA's involvement with Android:

The NSA Has Inserted Its Code Into Android OS, Or Three Quarters Of All Smartphones

The NSA Has Inserted Its Code Into Android OS, Or Three Quarters Of All Smartphones | Zero Hedge

No wonder China is worried about Android
    Thanks for the article.

Shouldn't BlackBerry take advantage of this situation immediately?
    07-10-13 10:08 PM
    Compaque, I fear that 200 is high. Just too many companies out there with 100 employees where we'd be lucky to see 1/4 of employees get business phones.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd and Compaqee like this.
    07-10-13 10:09 PM
    Thanks for the article.

Shouldn't BlackBerry take advantage of this situation immediately?
    You're welcome.

I guess it depends on how much smartphone users care about their privacy. At this point it doesn't seem like the general public cares much that their civil liberties are continuously being taken in the name of national security.
    kfh227 and bungaboy like this.
    07-10-13 10:34 PM
113,256 ... 15201521152215231524 ...