View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well, considering there is no guidance or hint of profitability in the next ER, and they have warned very clearly that this is the beginning of massive investment (read - less cash in the bank), I expect we will see $8.00 in a few weeks as investors digest the AGM and what it means. (Barring any significant developments of course).

Sorry, I certainly hope for the opposite, but I am mentally preparing for $8.00 support.
    Well, could be the time to break my "absolute limit". Anyone will be welcome to name me a liar ... but that's life

Bugmapper: do not forget that, for the most, these investments will not be "hidden" ones: they will be ads and marketing actions (promotions, incentives, ...) so very likely to be observed in real life. This should limit the donwtrend. Also - if efficient - these actions are meant to have a fast ROI : sales.
    07-10-13 10:00 AM
    A statistical blip of course, but such a nice one to see.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-statcounter-mobile_os-us-daily-20130501-20130710.jpg

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    07-10-13 10:03 AM
    Faucette strikes again. Says Q5 weak in UK with other BB10 devices remaining lackluster
    07-10-13 10:09 AM
    Faucette strikes again. Says Q5 weak in UK with other BB10 devices remaining lackluster
    yup^, just read that : This Morning: AAPL Loses a Round, PCs Still Falling off a Cliff - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    Pacific Crest’s James Faucette today reiterates an Underperform rating, writing that his “checks” of shipments of the new “Q5” lower-priced handset into the United Kingdom suggest first-week sales may be 10,000 to 15,000 units, lower than initial sell-through of the Z10 model of 50,000 or so. Faucette thinks BlackBerry is at risk of losing shelf space at carriers and retailers.
    07-10-13 10:12 AM
    M8

Sending you lots of good Karma to help you pull through quickly! We will be waiting for your healthy return.
    zyben, bungaboy and snejpa like this.
    07-10-13 10:13 AM
    Good Luck M+8. Looking forward to your fast return to the fray!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and snejpa like this.
    07-10-13 10:17 AM
    Well, could be the time to break my "absolute limit". Anyone will be welcome to name me a liar ... but that's life

Bugmapper: do not forget that, for the most, these investments will not be "hidden" ones: they will be ads and marketing actions (promotions, incentives, ...) so very likely to be observed in real life. This should limit the donwtrend. Also - if efficient - these actions are meant to have a fast ROI : sales.
    Oh, I'm sure it is money well spent. (Although I can't say that I am impressed by either the BlackBerry vans or the guys walking around Washington D.C. in 1/2 suit and 1/2 casual wear - both seem like minor league stuff). I think the incentives will be more effective than the advertising. Bribing people is quicker than trying to win their hearts. I doubt if any of this will have a noticeable effect by the end of the quarter, which is only 80 days away. More likely the December quarter for an uptick in sales from any marketing that starts now.

Oops - sorry SuperFly_FR that is a North American baseball/hockey reference. The "minor-league" being where the young players develop their skills on local teams until they are ready for the top tier team, or the "major-league" team. Minor league teams often use tricks and gimmicks to get fans to attend games, whereas major league teams are generally more professional in their operations.
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    07-10-13 10:23 AM
    Looks like Vic Alboini is back in the picture going on CNBC arguing what he was arguing back in the fall, for the company to be broken up. SMH.

Does this guy wait for the stock to drop below $10 to start with his agenda again?
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-10-13 10:26 AM
    Let's remember not to discount shorts/analysts again like last ER. I'm more inclined to believe that it's not a conspiracy or people trying to destroy the company but more an entire market sentiment which feeds off the news. (I.E - headlines from articles/journals get hits when they have bold statements like "BBRY Dead in 6 Months??")

It is just driving the circulation and traffic to their sites. I feel analysts (other than Detwiler) are giving their honest opinions of BBRY. Though slightly biased, I think they make an honest effort to evaluate the company. Its a hot stock which makes it very much a target for multiple opinions.

@MrFreeTruth - Totally agree that we need to get a US partner to really support the BB10 push. Even if they'll simply help push it on the enterprise clients, once something big in the US sticks up for BBRY, I think we can very well see an improved company sentiment which will cascade across other markets and we'll make our slow climb back to profitability and return to a healthy growing company .

Cheers!
    bungaboy, dusdal, psy fi and 1 others like this.
    07-10-13 10:29 AM
    Oh, I'm sure it is money well spent. (Although I can't say that I am impressed by either the BlackBerry vans or the guys walking around Washington D.C. in 1/2 suit and 1/2 casual wear - both seem like minor league stuff). I think the incentives will be more effective than the advertising. Bribing people is quicker than trying to win their hearts. I doubt if any of this will have a noticeable effect by the end of the quarter, which is only 80 days away. More likely the December quarter for an uptick in sales from any marketing that starts now.

Oops - sorry SuperFly_FR that is a North American baseball/hockey reference. The "minor-league" being where the young players develop their skills on local teams until they are ready for the top tier team, or the "major-league" team. Minor league teams often use tricks and gimmicks to get fans to attend games, whereas major league teams are generally more professional in their operations.
    thanks for the reference explanation !

Now, about promotion, there's IMHO 3 levels :
    1. Make people know there's something new = occupy the space (what you start to see now, even "minor league-ed"
    2. Promote the products and their specificities = advertising (in big, starting ... ???)
    3. Ease adoption with discounts = incentives. This one has to be done "in the shadow" to avoid "they discount cauz they can't sale" analysts. IMHO these will be enterprise focused on a one to one deal basis, mostly for large fleets and BES10+devices deals.

2 and 3 have not started ... and hopefully 1 will be upgraded in next months ...
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    07-10-13 10:31 AM
    07-10-13 10:34 AM
    thanks for the reference explanation !

Now, about promotion, there's IMHO 3 levels :
    1. Make people know there's something new = occupy the space (what you start to see now, even "minor league-ed"
    2. Promote the products and their specificities = advertising (in big, starting ... ???)
    3. Ease adoption with discounts = incentives. This one has to be done "in the shadow" to avoid "they discount cauz they can't sale" analysts. IMHO these will be enterprise focused on a one to one deal basis, mostly for large fleets and BES10+devices deals.

2 and 3 have not started ... and hopefully 1 will be upgraded in next months ...
    Maybe BlackBerry was waiting for 10.1 to be available at AT&T and Verizon before releasing mind blowing advertisments?

I was also thinking that maybe the USA is a ground war and BlackBerry needs to capture market share one big city center at a time.
    Compaqee and bungaboy like this.
    07-10-13 10:37 AM
    Good luck Morgan!
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-10-13 10:40 AM
    BGR has more info on the A10, well sorta.
    let's see what
    What about other products besides smartphones? Stay tuned as we’ll have more on that shortly.
    means.

Otherwise, this article 5uck5.

Minor League is usually more fun to watch and have a loyal fan base. They have "soul" in their Communities as well. Majors need the minors.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    Wow can Geller be any more biased?
    cjcampbell, leafs123 and bungaboy like this.
    07-10-13 10:42 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry was waiting for 10.1 to be available at AT&T and Verizon before releasing mind blowing advertisments?
    I was also thinking that maybe the USA is a ground war and BlackBerry needs to capture market share one big city center at a time.
    Don't know why, really.
    But I did ear the call-up : "It's time". Sounds like a clear message to me.
    07-10-13 10:42 AM
    "What about other products besides smartphones? Stay tuned as we’ll have more on that shortly."

Hmmm....

Edit... ooops. Beat me to it SF_FR

Is this a good thing?
    "The styling of the BlackBerry A10 closely resembles a Samsung Galaxy S4. In fact, we are told it’s actually larger than the Galaxy S4"
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-10-13 10:43 AM
    BGR is pretty slanted usually towards BBRY....towards the downside. Reading the comments though on that site really helps garner a grasp of how some of the 'techie' people feel towards BBRY. It's not pretty =(.

I say we all go into these tech blogs and start spewing positive spins. If they can do negatives, we can do positives =D
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    07-10-13 10:43 AM
    BGR is pretty slanted usually towards BBRY....towards the downside. Reading the comments though on that site really helps garner a grasp of how some of the 'techie' people feel towards BBRY. It's not pretty =(.

I say we all go into these tech blogs and start spewing positive spins. If they can do negatives, we can do positives =D
    I tried on the Verge which in the beginning I thought was good, now just a troll fest. Engadget is the most balanced to me, BB wise and the commentators.
    Compaqee likes this.
    07-10-13 10:50 AM
    All the best Morgan!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-10-13 10:51 AM
    BlackBerry (BBRY -3.8%) slumps following the WSJ's report about additional layoffs, and another...
    Wednesday, July 10, 11:36 AM ET
    BlackBerry (BBRY -3.8%) slumps following the WSJ's report about additional layoffs, and another bearish note from Pac Crest's James Faucette (previous). Faucette says checks indicate first-week U.K. sales of the mid-range Q5 may have only amounted to 10K-15K, well below the ~50K estimated for the Z10. U.K. carriers Orange and T-Mobile began taking Q5 pre-orders four weeks ago. This Market Current was sent to 23,683 people who get email alerts on BBRY.
    07-10-13 10:51 AM
    Q5 is priced too high. This is another major mistake by a company that can ill afford additional rollout errors
    07-10-13 10:53 AM
    Q5 is priced too high. This is another major mistake by a company that can ill afford additional rollout errors
    No. It's priced mid range.
    We have to wait for the low range ... they cannot afford to launch now or it'll vampirize full priced devices.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-10-13 11:00 AM
    Spoken like a manager, not an employee.

If I were an employee, I'd see BB10 doing poorly, QNX as still a low level income generator, thousands of my friends and coworkers losing their jobs, and another round of layoffs possible looming to maintain the cash balance. Maybe I'd just say f' it and just do the minimum.

As Gregg pointed out, it isn't helping the share price today. At some point, if you keep cutting your employees, it has to hurt morale and your bottom line.
    Spoken like an employee. Some of us don't go to work just to punch a clock. Some of us have pride in our work and self worth. Some of us thrive on competition and challenges. Some of us like confrontation and laughing in the face of the naysayers.

If you want to go through life doing everything halfway, that's your choice, and I'm glad you're NOT a BlackBerry employee.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-10-13 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Edited language
    07-10-13 11:05 AM
113,256 ... 15151516151715181519 ...