Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The best to you Morgan.
    07-10-13 09:28 AM
    Morgan I hope all goes well. You know we will be here cheering you on when you get back!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:31 AM
    Good luck Morgan.

On a separate note... what the fudge is happening to BBRY today!?!
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    07-10-13 09:33 AM
    Cheers Morgan. All the best sir!
    07-10-13 09:36 AM
    Wishing you the best Morgan
    07-10-13 09:38 AM
    Good luck Morgan.

Massive layoffs.
    07-10-13 09:38 AM
    Looks like investors didn't buy all of Thor's commitments.

And Morgan - best of luck.
    morganplus8 and fedakd like this.
    07-10-13 09:39 AM
    Timothy A. Clary/AFP

BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins.

BlackBerry quietly fired its head of US Sales, Richard Piasentin, last month. The Wall Street Journal confirmed Piasentin's ouster following BlackBerry's shareholder's meeting yesterday.

The departure shouldn't be much of a surprise. BlackBerry's newest phone, the BlackBerry Z10, hasn't sold very well in the US since its launch in spring. Analysts predicted weak demand for the phone from the day it launched. And BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins seemed say as much during the shareholder's meeting yesterday when he was quoted as saying "there were many lessons learned" with the US launch.

When BlackBerry reported its quarterly earnings a few days ago, it said it only sold 2.7 million devices running its new operating system called BlackBerry 10. The company is making a big bet that BlackBerry 10 will be a hit and help turn the company around, but so far it looks like things are off to a slow start. Aside from the low BlackBerry 10 sales, the company also reported a $84 million loss for last quarter.
    07-10-13 09:40 AM
    So folks,

How many of you think that this could end up becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy? All the negative sentiment, continual doom and gloom. Could it actually end-up happening solely based on this continual beating on the company & brand?

BBRY has a loyal following and many believers but the market on a whole is really just ****ting on us. My question is, what if we're that sweet kid on the block who gets picked on and bullied to death just because we're a little different =(.

By the way, still very much long. Just a topic for discussion.

Cheers!
    Heins has a serious credibility issue. How do you say the us release was far from a disaster. And then hours later fire the chief of us sales.

Posted via CB10
    Why the sudden plunge?

Posted via CB10
    Anything to do with this ?

The markets today will be focused on the release of the minutes from the Fed's last policy meeting at 2:00 PM ET. Investors will be looking for any hints as to when the Fed will scale back its $85 billion per month asset purchase program.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-10-13 09:41 AM
    This should of been disclosed information prior to earnings. More cover up by TH. I lost a bundle because of this clown and his deception. We are down today because of this further lack of transparancy. Knowing that Plasentin was let go last month would of been key information prior to earnings announcement. I am shocked that there are no class action law suits yet.

Timothy A. Clary/AFP

BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins.

BlackBerry quietly fired its head of US Sales, Richard Piasentin, last month. The Wall Street Journal confirmed Piasentin's ouster following BlackBerry's shareholder's meeting yesterday.

The departure shouldn't be much of a surprise. BlackBerry's newest phone, the BlackBerry Z10, hasn't sold very well in the US since its launch in spring. Analysts predicted weak demand for the phone from the day it launched. And BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins seemed say as much during the shareholder's meeting yesterday when he was quoted as saying "there were many lessons learned" with the US launch.

When BlackBerry reported its quarterly earnings a few days ago, it said it only sold 2.7 million devices running its new operating system called BlackBerry 10. The company is making a big bet that BlackBerry 10 will be a hit and help turn the company around, but so far it looks like things are off to a slow start. Aside from the low BlackBerry 10 sales, the company also reported a $84 million loss for last quarter.
    anon(4086547) and danprown like this.
    07-10-13 09:42 AM
    Here's one more chart before I'm sidelined for a couple of days
    I send best vibes to your friend robot and best wishes to you. Be back soon and full force !
    07-10-13 09:42 AM
    Broad market is largely unchanged.
    Tech heavy NASDAQ is up.

No, the drop in stock price is concentrated on BBRY.
    07-10-13 09:43 AM
    Good luck Morgan.

I'm heading out the door but I do want to say thank you for all of the kind words!

I know the stock is getting dragged down here and there is nothing that we can do right now. I guess we can hope for a key-reversal later in the day as we have hit new lows on this sell-off. I doubt the news of the VP Sales guy getting dumped is a negative considering the PR team of 16 years got the boot too. This stock is easier to push down than up but 300,000,000 plus shares have traded down here and those buyers are looking for a rally. Who will win is yet to be decided. Key-reversal please!
    07-10-13 09:44 AM
    Heins has a serious credibility issue. How do you say the us release was far from a disaster. And then hours later fire the chief of us sales.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't read "far" in his words. Just "wasn't". But "lesson learned" is an understatement.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-10-13 09:46 AM
    C'mon reverse head and shoulders
    07-10-13 09:46 AM
    I'm heading out the door but I do want to say thank you for all of the kind words!

I know the stock is getting dragged down here and there is nothing that we can do right now. I guess we can hope for a key-reversal later in the day as we have hit new lows on this sell-off. I doubt the news of the VP Sales guy getting dumped is a negative considering the PR team of 16 years got the boot too. This stock is easier to push down than up but 300,000,000 plus shares have traded down here and those buyers are looking for a rally. Who will win is yet to be decided. Key-reversal please!

Good Luck - we are thinking about you.
    07-10-13 09:47 AM
    Honestly, seeing the BB10, QNX, and other things in development at BlackBerry I would be really excited and would be working harder.

However, if I were a mediocre employee and a non-performer I would be concerned and try to pick up my game. . . . . or go find another place to hide.
    Spoken like a manager, not an employee.

If I were an employee, I'd see BB10 doing poorly, QNX as still a low level income generator, thousands of my friends and coworkers losing their jobs, and another round of layoffs possible looming to maintain the cash balance. Maybe I'd just say f' it and just do the minimum.

As Gregg pointed out, it isn't helping the share price today. At some point, if you keep cutting your employees, it has to hurt morale and your bottom line.
    tiziano27 likes this.
    07-10-13 09:48 AM
    Good luck Morgan, I know all will goes well. Look forward to seeing you back.
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    07-10-13 09:49 AM
    Well, considering there is no guidance or hint of profitability in the next ER, and they have warned very clearly that this is the beginning of massive investment (read - less cash in the bank), I expect we will see $8.00 in a few weeks as investors digest the AGM and what it means. (Barring any significant developments of course).

Sorry, I certainly hope for the opposite, but I am mentally preparing for $8.00 support.
    m1a1mg and sparkaction like this.
    07-10-13 09:52 AM

We will be here wishing all the best and waiting for your return. I believe that your post itself will make us more happy than even the best news about BBRY.
    07-10-13 09:54 AM
    All the best Mp8
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-10-13 09:54 AM
    So folks,

How many of you think that this could end up becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy? All the negative sentiment, continual doom and gloom. Could it actually end-up happening solely based on this continual beating on the company & brand?

BBRY has a loyal following and many believers but the market on a whole is really just ****ting on us. My question is, what if we're that sweet kid on the block who gets picked on and bullied to death just because we're a little different =(.

By the way, still very much long. Just a topic for discussion.

Cheers!
    I honestly believe Blackberry is under a major corporate attack to destroy the blackberry name. Propaganda is an amazing tool used daily on the masses and most are oblivious to it . I like the direction the company is taking BES10 , BBM cross platform , Z10 q10 A10 Q5 but it's the never ending spin , misinformation and outright lies that I worry about . Then on top of all that propaganda you have a massive short attack to once again support the illusion that Blackberry is finished or dying. We need a US partnership and all of the spin , misinformation and lies will vanish.
    07-10-13 09:56 AM
    After the last ER I was left thinking maybe I should bail while my position was at roughly breakeven point. Then I convinced myself to hold on until the AGM and then make a decision. Well I have decided to continue to hold. I thought the AGM went well. Was I the only one who was worried that management might just show up and hold up a 'For Sale' sign? Didn't happen. Thor has got some confidence going on and it has inspired me to hold. The most important thing for me was to make sure that management was aware of the problems in the distribution channel, specifically at the retail level in most countries with maybe the possible exception of France. The lead up to the last ER was also a concern. Why? Shorts were increasing the week before the ER! The SP was slipping the day before the ER. Did they know something we did not? Were there information leaks? We will need to watch the stock action carefully in the week leading up to the next ER. I love following this thread and I know most of you are sharing my concern and want nothing more than to see BB get some traction. We need to see the software side of revenue growing. It would also be nice to see the subscriber base stabilize with increased unit sales. The great thing about the current situation is that the bar is set pretty low for the next ER. Let's hope that they actually report a profit for the current quarter despite Thor warning of the potential for losses. I was also glad to hear that they were not looking to break up the company but were at the same time making it quite clear that they are interested in exploring any parternership deals. I still love my Z10 so I am going to hold my stock and hope that one day soon the rest of the world will understand what BB has to offer. Please stop complaining that management is not giving enough direction. Do you not think that Apple and Android are watching the situation closely? We don't want them to know what is coming next because they have the money and resources to beat us to the plate if they know what direction we are heading. It's time for Blackberry management to turn up the heat. I'm not sure if it is just wishful thinking but my gut is telling me that there is a good chance of some kind of partnership announcement in the next three months. Wishing you all a kickass day!
    07-10-13 09:58 AM
113,256 ... 15141515151615171518 ...