View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So if BlackBerry is in the bottom 10% of smartphone suppliers (especially true in certain North American large markets) should they be killed off? Or is there an exception?
    m1a1mg likes this.
    07-10-13 08:25 AM
    His screen name is 'that's what webos said'... if ever I saw a troll this was it... please don't feed it!
    Thanks. I was trying to "out" him. You saved me the time.
    07-10-13 08:25 AM
    The pack is out early today!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-hyena-pack.jpg
    07-10-13 08:28 AM
    So if BlackBerry is in the bottom 10% of smartphone suppliers (especially true in certain North American large markets) should they be killed off? Or is there an exception?
    If one has been given a "correction" and laid out a plan to improve performance, then yes. It's the ones that are unworkable that I think this applies to.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-10-13 08:29 AM
    Quite the fight right away here. Support seems to be holding for now. I hope it continues to do so.
    07-10-13 08:35 AM
    Not that it matters much now, but today is short interest day.
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-10-13 08:46 AM
    Not that it matters much now, but today is short interest day.
    Yup.... Up to and including the 28th. It will be interesting to see what that day did to the numbers.
    bungaboy and peter9477 like this.
    07-10-13 08:47 AM
    Speaking of exceptions . . . . .

njblackberry - BlackPlanet.com
    _dimi_ likes this.
    07-10-13 08:49 AM
    Gah.... newer lows f'n bounce would ya.... please.
    07-10-13 08:52 AM
    Oops . . . . nasty, nasty.

Judge says Apple conspired to raise prices on e-books

NEW YORK � Reuters

Published Wednesday, Jul. 10 2013, 8:59 AM EDT
    Last updated Wednesday, Jul. 10 2013, 9:49 AM EDT

In a decision that could reshape how books are sold on the Internet, a federal judge ruled that Apple Inc. conspired to raise the retail prices of e-books in violation of antitrust law, and called for a trial on damages.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Denise Cote in Manhattan is a victory for the U.S. government and various states, which the judge said are entitled to injunctive relief.

Apple had been accused of colluding with five publishers to boost e-book prices beginning in late 2009, as the Silicon Valley giant was preparing to launch its popular iPad tablet.

The U.S. Department of Justice said this conspiracy was designed to undercut online retailer Amazon.com Inc�s dominance of the fast-growing e-books market.

Only Apple went to trial, while the publishers - Lagardere SCA�s Hachette Book Group Inc. and Macmillan, News Corp�s HarperCollins Publishers LLC, Pearson PLC�s Penguin Group (USA) Inc. and CBS Corp�s Simon & Schuster Inc. - settled with the U.S. government and the states.

Cote said the conspiracy resulted in prices for some e-books rising to $12.99 (U.S.)or $14.99, when Amazon had sold for $9.99.

�The plaintiffs have shown that the publisher defendants conspired with each other to eliminate retail price competition in order to raise e-book prices, and that Apple played a central role in facilitating and executing that conspiracy,� Cote said.

�Without Apple�s orchestration of this conspiracy, it would not have succeeded as it did in the spring of 2010,� she added.

Apple did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Cote issued her 159-page decision after a non-jury trial that ended on June 20.

The case is U.S. v. Apple Inc. et al, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 12-02826.

cjcampbell likes this.
    07-10-13 08:56 AM
    Gah.... newer lows f'n bounce would ya.... please.
    CJ. Quit watching it! Let it do it's thing.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-10-13 08:58 AM
    The **** happened. I stepped away from my desk and this.

BNN was saying that short interest increased after earnings. Duh.
    Hmm. Anyone savvy to our next support level?

Posted via CB10
    Wtf happened, any news for this drop or someone trying to kill it?

Posted via CB10
    Make no mistake BlackBerry is under a corporate attack. Over the next two short interest reports I think we will see between 180-200 million shares shorted.

Posted via CB10
    leafs123, bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    07-10-13 09:02 AM
    Here's one more chart before I'm sidelined for a couple of days:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-july-10-2013-chart.jpg

We popped out of a declining wedge formation a couple of days ago but did not rally much at all. Yesterday we got plenty of news from BlackBerry but the stock only closed up modestly, so what can we expect now? We are forming another downtrend line (red line) and today's high is touching that level. We need to make a new high today in order to break from this constant reversal in attempts to rally. The RSI (14) = 23 is very bullish as it is extremely low and has been there for a long time now. At this very moment, we are below the 5-dma, and this is occurring while the general market is flat. So now we are making new lows on slowing volume. I can't for the life of me see anything in the ASM that would cause this to happen so it has to be more to do with certain funds pushing it down further. Hopefully we will close back up near the 5-dma and it is the close that counts, not all of the noise in between. Let's find a bottom here and start a decent base that allows us to begin a rally. This all takes time as the destruction to the charts needs far more time to heal. After the close a few fund managers and analysts did talk about BBRY heading lower, we expected that of CNBC and likely BNN as the media are still going with the flow.

My personal take on the ASM was that it went extremely well, I didn't expect them to announce anything new but I liked the emphasis on BES10, that's the driver for BlackBerry going forward and Heins is completely on board with how important it is to drive hardware sales from a security point of view. None of this is supporting the stock right now so let's see if they can finish bashing the stock and move onto something else. I'm not sure how the shorts and the media can read anything negative into the guidelines for Q2 at this stage, the negative connotations are already well known for this upcoming quarter. Let's have a bounce here and get this stock back to a more neutral price range.
    07-10-13 09:03 AM
    Not hostility. Just over 35 years of management experience, 27 of those years running a successful Engineering business.
    In 2011, RIMM cut 2,000. That was ~10%.
    In 2012, RIMM cut 5,000. That was ~30%.
    If you worked for BBRY, how confident would you be in your job right now?
    Sometimes, when businesses cut too deeply, the performance of the company is hindered.

If you cut that much of your work force in 2 years, do you think people would shape up or move on?
    07-10-13 09:14 AM
    Why the sudden plunge?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:17 AM
    Stops with this stock are like a snowball effect. Wonder how many got activated today.
    07-10-13 09:19 AM
    Yeah...sentiment is tough to change. Without news don't expect much this quarter. As mentioned previously "voting machine"...going to be a long three months. Today's drop is from worry of layoffs...spin spin spin.

On a positive note, my iPhone toting daughter is going for the Q next month when her contract expires.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:19 AM
    Here's one more chart before I'm sidelined for a couple of days:
    Morgan, my very best wishes to you.

Sending positive waves, and good vibes your way.
    07-10-13 09:22 AM
    Sometimes, when businesses cut too deeply, the performance of the company is hindered.

If you cut that much of your work force in 2 years, do you think people would shape up or move on?
    Of those working there, and many that got laid off, there is a universal understanding that if they didn't let them go, they'd all be gone sooner or later. I've spoken with 2 laid off employees and both understand completely and have no problem finding other work. I also know a couple of people that are still there that love their jobs and aren't looking for anything new. Do your job, do it well and better than the others in your dept/position, and you'll be rewarded... unless it's nixing an entire dept save a couple of key positions.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-10-13 09:24 AM

You completely missed the whole point of this exercise and that is the transition from BB07 to BB 10. They needed to scale their operation to match the new direction the company was going, not withstanding the decline in the revenue base. You want them to carry employees who aren't trained in the area of expertise of BB 10? At the same time, they hired 1,000's of employees and purchased several companies, complete with employees.
    And all the best to you M8, prayers for a safe procedure and recovery...don't worry about this thing, we'll be here when your feeling better.

Posted via CB10

Honestly, seeing the BB10, QNX, and other things in development at BlackBerry I would be really excited and would be working harder.

However, if I were a mediocre employee and a non-performer I would be concerned and try to pick up my game. . . . . or go find another place to hide.
    07-10-13 09:25 AM
113,256 ... 15131514151515161517 ...