702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    New Microsoft tablet advert. :-)

Pew pew, shots FIRED! =)
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    07-09-13 10:34 PM
    Ummmm... maybe 2-3%?

Too many people getting axed destroys morale of remaining staff.
    It depends on whether they are actually performing.

Getting rid of the dead-weight who hide and coast along while others do all the heavy-lifting is a Good Thing, and quite likely to improve morale in most organizations. Leaving them in place and having projects fail while resources get wasted is a huge and ongoing drain on morale, and far worse than the brief pain felt when surviving a layoff (like ripping off a bandaid).
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 10:40 PM
    OK, no one here may know the answer to this, but here goes:

Was BBRY that fat with personnel that they can keep letting people go without a degradation to performance?
    From what I've heard, in some groups, the answer is a clear yes.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 10:42 PM
    Where will they find "stronger and better employees", that would be willing to leave their current job?

Along with finding it hard to sell phones, it is going to be hard for them to attract or retaine talented people
    You have to remember that over half of their employees are based in the Waterloo region. BlackBerry 10 has performed very well in Canada and their reputation remains strong in Canada and especially strong around Waterloo.
    07-09-13 10:46 PM
    And . . . . your point is?

Your Private sector management experience is?

You cut the cloth to fit the suit.

Thorsten Heins openly and publicly stated today his job was to create employment.

What more do you want only 5 months into their Corporate rebuilding plan?
    Why the freaking hostility dude?

I'm pointing out that they already cut 5,000. If they cut even more, it has to hurt at some point. Sorry if I'm not all happy, happy, joy, joy.
    07-09-13 10:51 PM
    It depends on whether they are actually performing.

Getting rid of the dead-weight who hide and coast along while others do all the heavy-lifting is a Good Thing, and quite likely to improve morale in most organizations. Leaving them in place and having projects fail while resources get wasted is a huge and ongoing drain on morale, and far worse than the brief pain felt when surviving a layoff (like ripping off a bandaid).
    I agree that good, selective public executions can really get everyone else to smarten up or be happy that their workgroup is finally free of some problem employees. I was just suggesting that 10% annually seemed a bit excessive without cause.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 10:57 PM
    I can't believe Kevin had us fill out those surveys and then he didn't even get up and ask a single question.
    07-09-13 11:07 PM
    I can't believe Kevin had us fill out those surveys and then he didn't even get up and ask a single question.
    Maybe he is doing a private interview. I believe that is what he did last year.
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    07-09-13 11:30 PM
    LADIES AND GENTS...

The dream is over, I am now back home from my Epic Tokyo Adventure. Man, 2 months just flew by... Sigh. Now real life kicks in... Need to look for a career after just graduating and also hope that my BB stocks go up next year to fund for some more travelling! Lets hope the SP gets up and away in the next few months, glad to see the shareholder meeting go well today, about 90% of my savings is in this company so BB better step their game up. I have a one year window thus far and will re-evaluate. Until then, Blah. Time to rest.
    fedakd, take99, Korepab and 9 others like this.
    07-09-13 11:40 PM
    LADIES AND GENTS...

The dream is over, I am now back home from my Epic Tokyo Adventure. Man, 2 months just flew by... Sigh. Now real life kicks in... Need to look for a career after just graduating and also hope that my BB stocks go up next year to fund for some more travelling! Lets hope the SP gets up and away in the next few months, glad to see the shareholder meeting go well today, about 90% of my savings is in this company so BB better step their game up. I have a one year window thus far and will re-evaluate. Until then, Blah. Time to rest.
    Welcome back kid vibe! Let's hope things get better soon with this forum, and of course our BlackBerry investment :-)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Kid Vibe like this.
    07-10-13 12:48 AM
    End of day pull back. Time to see if we can start to rely on TA again for support levels. 5-dma is sitting at 9.63 and 3-ema is 9.68. Currently at 9.67 so I'm very curious as to how this day will close out.
    so we sit on 5-dma ... but first time I see such a green day for an official BBRY event with Thorsten speaking ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    07-10-13 02:55 AM
    Kevin will have a private meeting with Thorsten. He will ask and then you will see/hear the answer, hopefully !
    bungaboy and Compaqee like this.
    07-10-13 02:57 AM
    I could care less about the US guy. I'm talking about more layoffs. At some point, the personnel cuts hurt them.
    RIM was a (long successful) "family affair".
    BBRY is going "business of things". Profitability is a key. With all the good and bad attached.
    They will use layoff and hire whenever needed.

Edit : heavy work load today, see you later. Be nice !
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    07-10-13 02:59 AM
    The bottom 10% of poorer performers should be replaced each year.
    Just like Jack Welch did with GE. And it goes for all levels.... from the lowest job to the highest VP.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:12 AM
    And the best that lack confidence will leave. This is a failed model of stupidity. I would never work for such a place unless I had no choice.
    Do you want workers with no confidence working for you?
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-10-13 07:12 AM
    Low volume but green!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 07:16 AM
    Lol. As soon as I posted that the volume picked up and the price went up in turn

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 07:21 AM
    Why the freaking hostility dude?

I'm pointing out that they already cut 5,000. If they cut even more, it has to hurt at some point. Sorry if I'm not all happy, happy, joy, joy.
    Not hostility. Just over 35 years of management experience, 27 of those years running a successful Engineering business.
    morganplus8, rarsen and difabs like this.
    07-10-13 07:24 AM
    I agree that good, selective public executions can really get everyone else to smarten up or be happy that their workgroup is finally free of some problem employees. I was just suggesting that 10% annually seemed a bit excessive without cause.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    The "cause" is performing worse than 90% of the other employees.
    07-10-13 07:31 AM
    LADIES AND GENTS...

Kid, the "Dream" is never over. Keep on dreaming.
    07-10-13 07:33 AM
    I think many developers and carriers also have a policy that a platform that drops below 5% or 10% of their user base will be dropped.
    Would you provide actual evidence to support your claim please?
    morganplus8 and FastLane228 like this.
    07-10-13 08:08 AM
    The "cause" is performing worse than 90% of the other employees.
    Ouch.

Hey, if it works for you - more power to you.

There is not enough cause and effect in this world. There needs to be more accountability for peoples' actions and inaction - both in the workplace and in public.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-10-13 08:19 AM
    Would you provide actual evidence to support your claim please?
    His screen name is 'that's what webos said'... if ever I saw a troll this was it... please don't feed it!
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-10-13 08:21 AM
    it would be nice if we could run up to $10 today... wishful thinking *

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    07-10-13 08:21 AM
    Ouch.

Hey, if it works for you - more power to you.
    That's how Mother Nature works . . . . Survival of the Fittest. Builds a stronger and more sustainable breed. If you don't want to fall off the low end you would pick up your performance, wouldn't you?
    Bugmapper likes this.
    07-10-13 08:23 AM
113,256 ... 15121513151415151516 ...