• No

427 37.82%
    Does anyone have the 1-800 number to listen in on the AGM? Thanks
    07-09-13 07:27 AM
    Sound familiar? QNX video ring a bell?

Under the HUD: Garmin's new nav system displays instructions on windshields

HUD works with smartphones to provide hands-free navigation

By Luke Brown 16 hrs ago

Under the HUD: Garmin's new nav system displays instructions on windshieldsStare straight ahead

Garmin is once again bringing luxury technology to the masses with its latest advancement in portable navigation.

Dubbed the Head-Up Display (HUD), Garmin's new device will work in conjunction with your smartphone navigator to provide turn-by-turn directions right on your windshield.

With HUD, gone is the clunky display unit you might use to hold your current nav system in place, and in its stead will be an overlay of where you're supposed to go next right in front of your eyes.

"HUD redefines the navigation experience by allowing drivers to find their way without taking their eyes off the road," said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of worldwide sales, in a press release.

"Head-up displays currently have their place in select high-end cars, but HUD makes this technology available as an aftermarket accessory for any vehicle, at an affordable price."

Keep your eyes on the road

The HUD communicates wirelessly with your smartphone's compatible Garmin or Navigon app, and displays information like distance to next turn, which direction to go, and your estimated time of arrival on a transparent film on the window or on the attached reflector lens.

The turn-by-turn audio navigation is still handled by your smartphone, though you'll no longer need to look to its screen if you happen to miss what's been said.

Should you need to take a phone call, HUD will continue displaying instructions for the current route uninterrupted.

HUD also tracks speed limits (when available) and your car's speed, and will notify you when you are driving above the limit. It's also got the ability to inform you of where traffic safety cameras are located.

Since it's connected to your smartphone and isn't relying on a default map program, HUD can also update you with traffic delays, and can advise you when to change lanes for you next maneuver.

Garmin's device is compatible with iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8, and HUD's power adapter also includes a USB port so you can charge your phone while using the device.

The smartphone's audio directions can be set to play through your car via a Bluetooth connection, and any music playing in the car will be dialed down when a new direction prompt occurs.

HUD will be available this summer for $129.99 (UK�129.99), and the Garmin website claims orders will be fulfilled in five to eight weeks.

For what it's worth, Garmin's site also makes note that the HUD hasn't been approved by the Federal Communications Commission yet, and can't be sold in the U.S. until such approval is granted.
    Shanerredflag and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-09-13 07:28 AM
    Go to their investor relations site and there will be a link for you

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 07:29 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=826836

Please feel free to direct AGM related discussion here.
    07-09-13 07:34 AM
    Ya think? Naw. Really?

Google Pays AdBlock To Make Sure Its Ads Are Not Blocked [The Brief]

Jim Edwards Jul. 8, 2013, 8:47 AM

Google pays to have its ads NOT blocked by AdBlock Plus. The browser add-on has an "acceptable ads" feature which is on by default. Users can switch it off and block all ads. Here's AdBlock's explanation. AdBlock is the single most popular extension for Firefox. Ironically, Google has banned AdBlock from the Android Play store because it allegedly interferes with the actions of other apps.

Read more: Google Pays AdBlock - Business Insider
    Bugmapper and morganplus8 like this.
    07-09-13 07:34 AM
    My apologies if this has been posted already. - BlackBerry seen beating Street in next 2 quarters

BlackBerry seen beating Street in next 2 quarters - BNN News
    This is what helped kill us after the last ER. Let's lower expectation and then beat them.
    emtunc and Bacon Munchers like this.
    07-09-13 07:36 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=826836

Please feel free to direct AGM related discussion here.
    Thanks Sith. Taking wagers on that thread getting walloped today. The Mod's phone will be lighting up like Christmas Trees no doubt.
    07-09-13 07:38 AM
    Personally I think the Q5 will be popular amongst heavy messaging teens / young adults in every market.
    Except in the US you would have to pay a kid under 18 to take a BB device. Rightly or wrongly they are perceived as being totally lame.
    07-09-13 07:41 AM
    Except in the US you would have to pay a kid under 18 to take a BB device. Rightly or wrongly they are perceived as being totally lame.
    You are referring to the kids under 18, right?
    Bugmapper and barnfoot like this.
    07-09-13 07:58 AM
    Today yes...a year or two down the road perhaps not.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 07:59 AM
    Many articles of late of the high-end markets being "saturated" i.e time for the low-end makers to shine which may or may not be true. Not saying this is the direction BlackBerry should take but it's an idea.
    To shine as a low-end producer, you'd need the sorts of volumes that BBRY can't match - Heins has said so himself.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 08:00 AM
    The Canadian Diabetes Association scrapped BYOD in favour of BlackBerry. Upgraded all to BES10 and the Q10. Lots of info, good read here.

Perfect success story that we need more of.

http://www.itworldcanada.com/news/bl...-malady/147345

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 08:08 AM
    Two years ago? It�s probably be the A10 ^^
    It's not the device, it's the platform.

Posted via CB10
    ^^ THIS is what the whole story is about ... different language, different usage ... Proof to be made.
    P.S: approach #2 is mine, of course
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-09-13 08:25 AM
    Today yes...a year or two down the road perhaps not.

Posted via CB10
    I keep hearing "a year or two". It's one think to be long on BBRY, it's another to believe that BlackBerry has that long to turn things around.

Any of you who follow business through the stock market on a regular basis, know that perception is just as important as the actual value of a company. If a company is perceived as failing, that perception could result in the company not being able to make "deal" with suppliers to get the best prices, not being able to hire or retain talented employees, not being able to negotiate with business partners to provide sales or advertising support for your products, not being able to instill confidence in consumers that your products will be supported in the future, which can all lead to eventually not being able to meet sales expectations.

This launch was just as much about changing the perception of BlackBerry as it was launching a new OS.
    07-09-13 08:26 AM
    Ignore feature? This many sound silly but how do you ignore someone?

Posted via CB10
    Firstly, you were the farthest from my mind when I made my post about people wanting to get thread closed down. I do not think for one minute as you are a passionate supporter.

Now back to the ignore function.

First click on the avatar of the person you want to ignore.

Second click on their forum profile at the bottom right..

Third, slick on "add to ignore list" on the left hand side.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ignore.jpg
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-09-13 08:27 AM
    I keep hearing "a year or two". It's one think to be long on BBRY, it's another to believe that BlackBerry has that long to turn things around.

Any of you who follow business through the stock market on a regular basis, know that perception is just as important as the actual value of a company. If a company is perceived as failing, that perception could result in the company not being able to make "deal" with suppliers to get the best prices, not being able to hire or retain talented employees, not being able to negotiate with business partners to provide sales or advertising support for your products, not being able to instill confidence in consumers that your products will be supported in the future, which can all lead to eventually not being able to meet sales expectations.

This launch was just as much about changing the perception of BlackBerry as it was launching a new OS.
    I don't disagree with anything you just shared...my point was that perceptions change.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 08:30 AM
    Two years ago? It�s probably be the A10 ^^
    Firstly, you were the farthest from my mind when I made my post about people wanting to get thread closed down. I do not think for one minute as you are a passionate supporter.

Now back to the ignore function.

First click on the avatar of the person you want to ignore.

Second click on their forum profile at the bottom right..

Third, slick on "add to ignore list" on the left hand side.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ignore.JPG 
Views:	697 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	180637
    Bis repetita placent
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 08:32 AM
    Purely anecdotal but I'm at a meeting and there a BlackBerry phones everywhere. Definitely coming back! lmao

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 08:37 AM
    Purely anecdotal but I'm at a meeting and there a BlackBerry phones everywhere. Definitely coming back! lmao

Posted via CB10
    I see quite a few Z's and Q's in the GTA

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 08:39 AM
    1. Where to listen (webcast) ?
    Investor Events - Canada

2. Where to react live ? (CB livechat)

BlackBerry Annual General Meeting of Shareholders Live Blog and Chat! | CrackBerry.com

3. Where to question and go deeper ?

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...thread-826836/

4. When all the above is done, where to share final thoughts ?
    Do you REALLY ask ?
    ... but let's go out sometimes, may refresh our thinking !

And remember : do not expect too much !
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 08:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Curves? Bolds? Pearls? Storms? Styles? Electrons?
    07-09-13 08:41 AM
    Sorry does not seem to be available ...
    Waterloo, ON – BlackBerry� (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) will hold its Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders on Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 10:00am EDT in Waterloo, Ontario. The live webcast can be listened to on July 9 at Investor Events - Canada.
    BlackBerry Annual and Special Meeting Webcast on July 9, 2013 - Press Releases
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 08:43 AM
    Curves? Bolds? Pearls? Storms? Styles? Electrons?
    Well we are at the University so yes, lots of curves to be seen lol

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 08:43 AM
    I know CJ is at the AGM but if there are others, let us know your thoughts. The liveblog is great but also prefer the viewpoint for a investor like myself.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 08:44 AM
    I know CJ is at the AGM but if there are others, let us know your thoughts. The liveblog is great but also prefer the viewpoint for a investor like myself.
    What? You don't trust CJ to get it right?
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-09-13 08:46 AM
113,256 ... 15051506150715081509 ...