Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    07-08-13 10:09 PM
    Overpriced for teens - if they go BlackBerry it will be a curve
    ... Not if the Q5 gets offered with a data package. Remember the target users for this phone. I predicted Months ago that the Q5 would outsell both the Q and Z. I think the same holds true for the A10.

We are in an expanding wedge from here until Christmas. You can bet money on it! I have.
    dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    07-08-13 10:50 PM
    ... Not if the Q5 gets offered with a data package. Remember the target users for this phone. I predicted Months ago that the Q5 would outsell both the Q and Z. I think the same holds true for the A10.

We are in an expanding wedge from here until Christmas. You can bet money on it! I have.
    I could be wrong as I have friends I really enjoy the new Q10. He doesn't care about the big screen. But let's use one of the most popular Galaxy S3 for example, I think the demand for bigger screen is out there. Me personally prefer A10 as well.
    07-08-13 11:45 PM
    In general people like upgrading to larger versions. Cars, TV, microwaves, fridges, pop bottles have all gotten larger. If BlackBerry wants to attract DROID users onto the bb10 platform, the company needs to release a larger phone. There is no change that a Note owner will switch to a Q10. Yes this us an extreme example.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-08-13 11:51 PM
    In general people like upgrading to larger versions. Cars, TV, microwaves, fridges, pop bottles have all gotten larger. If BlackBerry wants to attract DROID users onto the bb10 platform, the company needs to release a larger phone. There is no change that a Note owner will switch to a Q10. Yes this us an extreme example.
    Yep, fairly safe logical guess of those who is looking to upgrade to a Q10 are most likely hard core BB user and is still using a blackberry phone right at this moment. even if those were and ends up trying out a bigger screen device whether it be apple or android, pretty hard to think of a reason why they would go back to a smaller screen. Then again, I'm speaking for myself and I'm used to swype typing and wouldn't want it any other way.
    07-09-13 12:40 AM
    Just came across this, any idea why and what this upgrade is about?

ACI initiate Coverage on BlackBerry at Strong buy of $20.00
    07-09-13 01:49 AM
    Overpriced compare to IOS or Android?
    Not overpriced to the latest iphone but I'm not convinced that iOS outsells cheaper devices to Teens anyway although it's is often claimed, just can't see it due to basic economics and how strapped families are, overpriced compared to Android? Very much so - every review I've seen about this phone concludes with that point.

... Not if the Q5 gets offered with a data package.
    Not sure what you mean? Maybe it is different where you are but phones are not offered *without* data packages where I am, so a data package is neither here nor there. For teenagers (or rather their parents), the advantage of the curve is that a BlackBerry plan is much cheaper than a standard data plan - I currently pay for two nieces, it is five pounds each.
    Last edited by cgk; 07-09-13 at 03:08 AM.
    07-09-13 02:01 AM
    Anti BlackBerry and Debbie downer [..1] love to throw in his unwanted and never asked for 2cents. Hey [..1] do you own BBRY shares? If not why are you here?
    Please keep the personal attacks out of this board. Yes we know you're loyal and enthusiast, thank you for that.
    But there's no witchhunt, because there's no witch. The person you mention is here almost from day one, is open to discussion and is "community experienced" (thanks [..1] for not responding) . We also appreciate to have other angles of vision, provided it leads to constructive discussion.

Agree ? Disagree ? Just share your particular thoughts with respect. (preferred method)
    Going crazy after the first line ? You wont handle it : use the ignore function
    Thank you very much.

(P.S: this is supposed to be the end of this parade, please do not add your solo here).

Ok guys, we're back in town !
    Now, please, avoid jumping on report button; remember mods and ambassadors are around.
    If someone's making you crazy, use the ignore function.
    To ignore someone, click on his nick, then on "display forum profile".
    In the left column, you'll find the "add to ignore list".
    Note that even if you ignore someone, you'll be able to see his quoted posts and those you will choose to un-hide.
    Let's get back to groovaaay but and friendly times now !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-09-13 at 03:30 AM.
    07-09-13 02:20 AM
    Changing the subject slightly, this thread (like pretty much all the others) gets a bit fixated with android and IOS but really at the moment, at its current level the real competition is Nokia (technically it is WP but Nokia seems to be the only real player) - and Nokia don't look too hot at the moment, they are shifting a lot of cheap 520/521 but not at the level where it is stopping them burning through cash.

Unless Microsoft steps in next year, WP could falter which creates opportunities for BlackBerry.
    07-09-13 03:05 AM
    Just came across this, any idea why and what this upgrade is about?

ACI initiate Coverage on BlackBerry at Strong buy of $20.00
    We got an upgrade?!

http://www.benzinga.com/news/13/07/3...unces-20-00-pt
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 03:16 AM
    Call me crazy, but what if they priced the Z10 and Q10 at a profit loss? A price that would seriously give iOS and Android a run for their money? Get BB10 into as many hands as possible as soon as possible, thus generating brand recognition and in a way more demand for big name apps like Netflix and Spotify to name a few? It's risky but isn't HTC doing something similar with the One (I might be mistaken on this one)? 3Billion in reserves could sustain them for a couple of quarters... Kind of risky to say the least but it could work.
    07-09-13 03:18 AM
    Second upgrade: UPDATE: Desjardins Upgrades BlackBerry (BBRY) to Hold

http://www.streetinsider.com/Upgrade...d/8480825.html
    bungaboy and anon(4086547) like this.
    07-09-13 03:18 AM
    Call me crazy, but what if they priced the Z10 and Q10 at a profit loss? A price that would seriously give iOS and Android a run for their money? Get BB10 into as many hands as possible as soon as possible, thus generating brand recognition and in a way more demand for big name apps like Netflix and Spotify to name a few? It's risky but isn't HTC doing something similar with the One (I might be mistaken on this one)? 3Billion in reserves could sustain them for a couple of quarters... Kind of risky to say the least but it could work.
    Not a real option IMHO. They will burn cash too fast (services revenues won't handle it for now) and depreciate the brand image: last thing we want to read is "they're so desperate they give their devices for free". We'd all like to go faster ...
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-09-13 03:33 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000524.png

Is this good enough to take us to $11?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    07-09-13 03:51 AM
    Not a real option IMHO. They will burn cash too fast (services revenues won't handle it for now) and depreciate the brand image: last thing we want to read is "they're so desperate they give their devices for free". We'd all like to go faster ...
    Yeah plus the aim (which is right in my view) is to make BlackBerry's market position match the image it presents - which is a premium device maker/service provider in established market - rather than the current reality - dying off in established markets and with strength (declining) in emerging markets with low end devices.

Reducing the devices would be counter to that and I am not convinced there is much future in the low end because of the aggressive nature of Chinese (and in five years Indian?) OEMs.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-09-13 04:18 AM
    The Desjardins upgrade is old. Happened yesterday morning,
    07-09-13 04:47 AM
    Yeah plus the aim (which is right in my view) is to make BlackBerry's market position match the image it presents - which is a premium device maker/service provider in established market - rather than the current reality - dying off in established markets and with strength (declining) in emerging markets with low end devices.

Reducing the devices would be counter to that and I am not convinced there is much future in the low end because of the aggressive nature of Chinese (and in five years Indian?) OEMs.
    Many articles of late of the high-end markets being "saturated" i.e time for the low-end makers to shine which may or may not be true. Not saying this is the direction BlackBerry should take but it's an idea.
    07-09-13 04:51 AM
    Call me crazy, but what if they priced the Z10 and Q10 at a profit loss? A price that would seriously give iOS and Android a run for their money?
    I'm calling you crazy.

Blackberry has 3 billion in the bank, and are loosing it fast.

Apple has over 140 billion in the bank gathering dust.

They could afford to buy out Blackberry's entire inventory and throw it all in the bin and still not be given a run for their money
    07-09-13 05:08 AM
    Many articles of late of the high-end markets being "saturated" i.e time for the low-end makers to shine which may or may not be true. Not saying this is the direction BlackBerry should take but it's an idea.
    There's - as of date - no identified segment like "mobile computing". I know it's still a bit foggy but it really makes sense. I believe the "full strenght" Aristo may be the signal for M2M to meet the market (I'm frustrated they didn't use PB for that) but it's clearly where the plan leads to .

That's a vision. Can be true (and rush us to success), harder to deploy than expected ("we need a plan B" : new BB7 device ?) or a failure ("buy me, I'm famous"). I still believe this strategy is about to pay off, provided they can deploy and demonstrate it soon enough ... "it's time" : this baseline didn't drop just now by accident ...

Illustration, in corporate world. We didn't noticed it was already demoed in video ... two years ago. Where the mobile device is your security, storage and power mainframe. Both for personal and professional usage. Oh yes, babe ... that's groooovay ... we should look more often in the mirror. All is here. Puzzle is assembling.

07-09-13 05:55 AM
    There's - as of date - no identified segment like "mobile computing". I know it's still a bit foggy but it really makes sense. I believe the "full strenght" Aristo may be the signal for M2M to meet the market (I'm frustrated they didn't use PB for that) but it's clearly where the plan leads to .

That's a vision. Can be true (and rush us to success), harder to deploy than expected ("we need a plan B" : new BB7 device ?) or a failure ("buy me, I'm famous"). I still believe this strategy is about to pay off, provided they can deploy and demonstrate it soon enough ... "it's time" : this baseline didn't drop just now by accident ...

Illustration, in corporate world. We didn't noticed it was already demoed in video ... two years ago. Where the mobile device is your security, storage and power mainframe. Both for personal and professional usage. Oh yes, babe ... that's groooovay ... we should look more often in the mirror. All is here. Puzzle is assembling.

Groovey Baby....hahha, love it.

Looking forward to feedbacks from those attending the AGM today.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 06:09 AM
    Two years ago? It�s probably be the A10 ^^
    07-09-13 06:25 AM
    Two years ago? It�s probably be the A10 ^^
    It's not the device, it's the platform.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 06:29 AM
    I'm calling you crazy.

They could afford to buy out Blackberry's entire inventory and throw it all in the bin and still not be given a run for their money
    Ummmm..... losing it fast? they added to the cash, not depleted it.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    07-09-13 06:31 AM
    PM looking interesting so far. Up 1.8%

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 06:40 AM
    I'm calling you crazy.

Bed on how bbry got more cash in the bank this quarter, don't hold your breath for the same next quarter.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 07:25 AM
113,251 ... 15041505150615071508 ...