View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    More research notes (morningstar):

I�m not a big fan of analyst but these guys did a great write up going into the Z10 launch and what initially raised my antennas that sales #�s might not be as rosy as the company was painting.

I think they also do a decent job of laying out the thesis and backing it up w/ some data and giving both side of the argument; even if somewhat slanted to a turnaround being less likely. I find the high BB10 sales, low subscriber fees argument interesting. I would help explain why TH is rolling out another BB 7 device...
    richc3 and Acumenight like this.
    07-08-13 02:17 PM
    Which is so vague as to be meaningless, they include "downloaded" as part of those numbers, which means virtually nothing.
    Berhaps BlackBerry should just start releasing "activated" stats, and include the first BB ever activated. You know, like android does.
    Sure android activated 1 million devices today, but Johnny is on his 3rd this year as one died, one broke and one got stolen. Timmy is on his 3rd as well 2 broken screens and one locked up.etc etc etc.

"Activated" is meaningless
    07-08-13 02:38 PM
    Man we keep bouncing off the line but just cant turn green today. But at least the down side bleed has stopped
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-08-13 02:48 PM
    Berhaps BlackBerry should just start releasing "activated" stats, and include the first BB ever activated. You know, like android does.
    Sure android activated 1 million devices today, but Johnny is on his 3rd this year as one died, one broke and one got stolen. Timmy is on his 3rd as well 2 broken screens and one locked up.etc etc etc.

And use the same argument when BBM goes cross platform. Count every download of the app as a BB user.
    AngryEdmontonian and bungaboy like this.
    07-08-13 02:51 PM
    More research notes (morningstar):

I�m not a big fan of analyst but these guys did a great write up going into the Z10 launch and what initially raised my antennas that sales #�s might not be as rosy as the company was painting.

I think they also do a decent job of laying out the thesis and backing it up w/ some data and giving both side of the argument; even if somewhat slanted to a turnaround being less likely. I find the high BB10 sales, low subscriber fees argument interesting. I would help explain why TH is rolling out another BB 7 device...
    The reason for launching a new legacy device is simple. The growth that was realizes over the last two years was from markets that can greatly benefit from the low cost of BIS services vs other smartphone plans. The loss had been greatly felt in first world countries. It was both the need and want to continue to support those markets that lead to this new release, as BB10 is not a fully viable option there.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-08-13 02:55 PM

Yes it is - who is arguing any different? I'm certainly not.

This is surprising. The Q5 will be sold in Canada.

BlackBerry Q5 coming to Fido | MobileSyrup.com
    Why is it surprising, unless I'm missing something, surely we expected it to appear there?
    07-08-13 02:58 PM
    LoL, I love the precision. stock price un changed today.
    psy fi and bungaboy like this.
    07-08-13 03:02 PM
    News, news, we need news, good news, please.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-08-4.05.54-pm.jpg
    07-08-13 03:07 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 4.05.54 PM.jpg 
Views:	617 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	180361
    Maybe we should start using the same tactic and pay those analysts to write some reports. :-)
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-08-13 03:13 PM
    T“can greatly benefit from the low cost of BIS services vs other smartphone plans.... as BB10 is not a fully viable option there.”
    I hope so. With the industry leaders battling to a standstill on the top end, they will inevitable turn their focus on the low end. I’m thinking Nokia’s Asha line in particular. I don’t want to get into the benefits of keyboard vs non keyboard or security because at the price points we’re talking it’s all about how cheap the device is.

It’ll be tough for BBRY to battle both top & bottom line.

The release of another BB7 device would have gone over if the company released the news months ago and simply stated that the demand there is insatiable so we’re refreshing that line... rather than use the ER as the platform to share... it looks desperate and causes reasonable people to questions whether to buy a Q5 vs BB07 device.
    rarsen and anon(4086547) like this.
    07-08-13 03:13 PM
    Going back and re-reading this thread is sort of interesting - around this time last year, some of you guys (no names, no pack drill) were estimating between 20 - 40 million BB10 devices sold within the first year.
    nquyen likes this.
    07-08-13 03:21 PM
    Going back and re-reading this thread is sort of interesting - around this time last year, some of you guys (no names, no pack drill) were estimating between 20 - 40 million BB10 devices sold within the first year.
    It's still possible, as we're just inot Q2, just sayin.
    kfh227 likes this.
    07-08-13 03:34 PM
    It's still possible, as we're just inot Q2, just sayin.
    Reading the posts - they were talking calendar year not financial year.
    07-08-13 03:38 PM
    I hope so. With the industry leaders battling to a standstill on the top end, they will inevitable turn their focus on the low end. I�m thinking Nokia�s Asha line in particular. I don�t want to get into the benefits of keyboard vs non keyboard or security because at the price points we�re talking it�s all about how cheap the device is.

It�ll be tough for BBRY to battle both top & bottom line.

The release of another BB7 device would have gone over if the company released the news months ago and simply stated that the demand there is insatiable so we�re refreshing that line... rather than use the ER as the platform to share... it looks desperate and causes reasonable people to questions whether to buy a Q5 vs BB07 device.
    I'm pretty sure that they stated early on that there would be another BBOS device so the "desperation" argument is a bear side tactical statement. If I can find any confirmation, I'll post it up.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 03:42 PM
    I'm sure that Thor saved all the good news for the Stock Holders Meeting, so there should be no worries....
    07-08-13 03:46 PM

I thought that it would be worldwide. Need to fill in mid tier.

Posted via CB10
    sparkaction likes this.
    07-08-13 03:48 PM
    I'm pretty sure that they stated early on that there would be another BBOS device so the "desperation" argument is a bear side tactical statement. If I can find any confirmation, I'll post it up.

Posted via CB10
    No I remember there was talk about new BBOS devices at the same time as BB10, so it isn't something new or desperate on BB part. I think they have always know that in some of their new developing markets there isn't as much demand for ecosystems or apps. Just a communications device that can be operated cheaply - and devices with BIS connections are among the cheapest to operate on a monthly basis for consumers in these markets. BlackBerry is trying to keep customers signing up any way they can in the hopes that as these markets develop they will follow the more industrialized markets and then BB10 devices will be these currently BB owners device of choice.
    07-08-13 03:53 PM
    It will be interesting to see what happens in 7 more months. If the A10 supports the Android market place, it could become a highly wanted device. I'm pissed that BBRY doesn't state their long term plan.

Posted via CB10
    Korepab likes this.
    07-08-13 03:53 PM
    I'm sure that Thor saved all the good news for the Stock Holders Meeting, so there should be no worries....
    First ROFL for this thread found here:
    ROFL

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 03:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Here's an article from February where Heins hinted that they may release a new BBOS device due to that platform's popularity in emerging market. Also talked about how lower-end BB10 devices for emerging markets would not be released early on. A new BBOS device makes sense to fill in that gap.

Heins hints at new BlackBerry 7 device | TechCentral
    07-08-13 03:57 PM
    Here's an article from February where Heins hinted that they may release a new BBOS device due to that platform's popularity in emerging market. Also talked about how lower-end BB10 devices for emerging markets would not be released early on. A new BBOS device makes sense to fill in that gap.

Heins hints at new BlackBerry 7 device | TechCentral
    Thank you. Proof and point. It's not a sign of desperation but a planned move that makes perfect sense. We really need to get that web site analysinganalysts.com up and running.. lol
    07-08-13 04:16 PM
    It will be interesting to see what happens in 7 more months. If the A10 supports the Android market place, it could become a highly wanted device. I'm pissed that BBRY doesn't state their long term plan.

Posted via CB10
    How does that work? Google Play is a licensed property and there is no way Google is going to license it to BBRY. Therefore, all it does is the same now but with more mature Android API support. Users still have to sideload the apps.
    07-08-13 04:41 PM

One commune mistake. Q5 is for selected regions. Not for developing countries. It is in particular shaped for companies fleets.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 04:45 PM
    Personally I think the Q5 will be popular amongst heavy messaging teens / young adults in every market.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-08-13 04:48 PM
    it's still possible for 20 million! I am not dreaming!!!
    Reading the posts - they were talking calendar year not financial year.
    07-08-13 04:50 PM
113,256 ... 15021503150415051506 ...