View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Posting this for the last time before the AGM...

A (currently small) group of us from this thread are planning to meet up for coffee before the AGM in Waterloo tomorrow morning, and/or to grab some lunch together after the AGM.

If you're interested in joining us at either meet-up, please join this BBM group (barcode image attached).
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry_agm_barcode.png  
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-08-13 08:34 AM
    Wish I could be there for this. Ill be working... like always haha

A (currently small) group of us from this thread are planning to meet up for coffee before the AGM in Waterloo tomorrow morning, and/or to grab some lunch together after the AGM.

If you're interested in joining us at either meet-up, please join this BBM group (barcode image attached).
    07-08-13 08:35 AM
    I think Thorsten has to make the point forcefully that BBRY is at a virtual break even point even before it has fully rolled out its new product line. New BES software is still being tested in a lot of corporations and so the purchases from those corporations will be delayed until testing is complete (that is the case where I work).
    He also has to flesh out what other verticals BBRY is trying to develop and how they are coming along. Just saying they are talking to people is not enough. He has to say if there are serious talks about using BBRY's NOC for corporate or governmental purposes.
    He has to say when he expects money to start coming in from the agreement they signed to manage the SEM portion of electronic wallet transactions and what kind of money he expects to generate from that.
    He has to take the focus away from current smartphone market share and put the focus on where BBRY is heading and how close they are to getting income from the other revenue streams they are trying to develop.
    This is what I think he should focus on tomorrow.
    07-08-13 08:37 AM

Thanks for coordinating this. I will not be attending... maybe next year.
    07-08-13 08:40 AM
    07-08-13 08:41 AM
    I guess if the company is currently trading at $3.70 (not including cash) it is kinda hard to have it as a sell.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and psy fi like this.
    07-08-13 08:47 AM
    and we are negative.... sigh
    07-08-13 08:48 AM
    We have actually gone neutral today, opening outside the falling wedge:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-july-8-2013-chart.jpg

Not much to report on here, we are suppose to have a bounce but there is nothing happening on light volume. Until the AGM is over, I guess we will bump along at the bottom or support here. Very light volume currently so no one is really looking at the trade. Our news comes tomorrow.
    07-08-13 08:55 AM
    Yep.... that's the one.
    helopilot06 likes this.
    07-08-13 08:57 AM
    I think Thorsten has to make the point forcefully that BBRY is at a virtual break even point even before it has fully rolled out its new product line. New BES software is still being tested in a lot of corporations and so the purchases from those corporations will be delayed until testing is complete (that is the case where I work).
    He also has to flesh out what other verticals BBRY is trying to develop and how they are coming along. Just saying they are talking to people is not enough. He has to say if there are serious talks about using BBRY's NOC for corporate or governmental purposes.
    He has to say when he expects money to start coming in from the agreement they signed to manage the SEM portion of electronic wallet transactions and what kind of money he expects to generate from that.
    He has to take the focus away from current smartphone market share and put the focus on where BBRY is heading and how close they are to getting income from the other revenue streams they are trying to develop.
    This is what I think he should focus on tomorrow.
    Is the AGM the venue for this type of announcements!
    07-08-13 09:13 AM
    ahhhh one day left of vacay....so who is still holding their shares here?
    Next question is why? Just curious here.
    The same reason to hold any shares, no one is going to pay me enough to convince me to sell them.
    This was a speculative investment for me. But it had very very little to do with the Z10, which is really all that we have seen so far as far as financial results. My speculation is much more likely to be confirmed or denied after BBRY has done a global release of a full selection of phones and software services.
    07-08-13 09:26 AM
    I'm not sure but if people start hammering him about the company's performance, then he has to mention the other areas that they are developing which will, hopefully, generate revenue.

Too many people just look at smartphone market share and he has to start getting them away from that way of thinking. Smartphones are going to be a relatively small portion of their income in 5 years if their plans work out.
    07-08-13 09:28 AM
    Today July 8th the Toronto Blue Jays are holding their annual charity golf tournament. Just heard a promotion on the local sports station that all golfers will be receiving a brand new Q10!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 09:33 AM
    Well as an "Investor" I sure as heck want to hear something that tells me they got their **** together. No better place to do it as far as I am concerned!
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-08-13 09:34 AM
    Yes, it is hard to see any reason to pay attention to BBRY until December. I'm sure there will be surprises along the way, but with guidance that the next quarter will be more of the same, its hard to see anything to get excited about.

I know we just came out of a timeout, and many people are on holidays this week, but the tone of this thread is very muted now. I'm wondering if that reflects the general sentiment towards bbry in the investor community.

Aaannd.... Just to get a few gratuitous likes .... Congratulations to Superfly_Fr on 1500 pages!
    It's wait (and hold) mode. Good entry for Icahn.....or good time for MSFT or someone to put forth a bid at $18.
    cjcampbell, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    07-08-13 09:41 AM
    It's wait (and hold) mode. Good entry for Icahn.....or good time for MSFT or someone to put forth a bid at $18.
    A bid at 18.!!!!???? :? Okkkkkkkkkk

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    07-08-13 10:04 AM
    Attempt number 3 to get green. At least it shows there are buyers....
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-08-13 10:06 AM
    Instead of opening BlackBerry stores couldn't BlackBerry open up some kiosks at a few of the big malls? I've saw a Microsoft kiosk and I thought why now BlackBerry? BlackBerry needs it's own sales people pushing BlackBerry products.
    1. Nice idea on the mall kiosks. I'm half serious about building on your kiosk idea with the following challenge to mall-goers: if their non-BlackBerry is faster at pulling up a webpage than the Z10 or Q10, they get $10 on the spot. I wonder if that would draw in the curious, the skeptical, and the dismissive users of other brands. Then salespeople could then show off the features of the phone. I think BlackBerry would win that challenge most of the time, from what I've seen with my Z10. (that said, BB would have to have Instagram and others on board at that point).

2. BB10 can win on substance, but what about style? I'd love to see an ad campaign with Daniel Craig, showing that James Bond uses BB10. Secure, ultra-reliable, fast. Shoot, get Sean Connery in on it too. Do the same with other high-profile characters and celebrities.
    cjcampbell, Compaqee and bungaboy like this.
    07-08-13 10:09 AM
    Still holding. Blackberry turnaround still possible, so I'm hoping the shares would be worth more in 6 to 12 months.

ahhhh one day left of vacay....so who is still holding their shares here?
    Next question is why? Just curious here.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-08-13 10:10 AM
    My Monday Morning Musings

BB has dismal numbers - Company Dead, stock plummets

Samsung and HTC have dismal numbers: Market saturated, SP numbers make small adjustment to reflect slow sales
    07-08-13 10:20 AM
    1. Nice idea on the mall kiosks. I'm half serious about building on your kiosk idea with the following challenge to mall-goers: if their non-BlackBerry is faster at pulling up a webpage than the Z10 or Q10, they get $10 on the spot. I wonder if that would draw in the curious, the skeptical, and the dismissive users of other brands. Then salespeople could then show off the features of the phone. I think BlackBerry would win that challenge most of the time, from what I've seen with my Z10. (that said, BB would have to have Instagram and others on board at that point).

2. BB10 can win on substance, but what about style? I'd love to see an ad campaign with Daniel Craig, showing that James Bond uses BB10. Secure, ultra-reliable, fast. Shoot, get Sean Connery in on it too. Do the same with other high-profile characters and celebrities.
    Love the competition idea! Get's people who are non-believers to challenge it - and get hopefully proven wrong. Would help curb some of the negativity around the device.
    bungaboy and Reed Richards like this.
    07-08-13 10:33 AM
    The idea that the market was saturated was advanced before the results came up - we talked about it here - you are really not comparing like with like - yes Samsung missed but they missed with record numbers, we are through the looking glass if we try and say that is comparable with BB. HTC I haven't looked at yet so I can't comment.
    raysgrumpy likes this.
    07-08-13 10:34 AM
    Slow motion in low volumes ... let's meet the TSX and we'll be set
    As usual, do not expect too much from the AGM. Some points will be explained but some questions will harm.
    I'm not expecting any revolutionary new tomorrow. Stay cool, avoid excessive coffee (or beer or Whiskey or whatever).

B.T.W : did you notice the "It's time" gimmick in Q10 ad ? #IloveThat ... but I still can wait a little
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    cjcampbell, Compaqee and bungaboy like this.
    07-08-13 10:41 AM
    The idea that the market was saturated was advanced before the results came up - we talked about it here - you are really not comparing like with like - yes Samsung missed but they missed with record numbers, we are through the looking glass if we try and say that is comparable with BB. HTC I haven't looked at yet so I can't comment.
    Yes, you are right but what has been ignored is that BB had both quarterly growth, and YoY growth. Aside from not being able to collect the millions owed from Venezuela, they pretty much hit what their guidance had called for yet the stock tumbled like it was doomed.
    07-08-13 10:42 AM
    Yes, you are right but what has been ignored is that BB had both quarterly growth, and YoY growth. Aside from not being able to collect the millions owed from Venezuela, they pretty much hit what their guidance had called for yet the stock tumbled like it was doomed.
    CJ, IMHO we have to "understand" that we're not only dealing with facts.
    BB is still in a recovery process and most believe they won't make it at this pace. It's perception, not only figures.
    Basically, it's not a question about "do they perform" but "do they perform fast enough" ...
    Thus my "it's time" gimmick love above

P.S: and I think they've done pretty well so far. My ideal tempo would have been 1 Quarter sooner ... but I'm a real world entrepreneur. Delays happen, in 80% situations ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-08-13 at 10:50 AM. Reason: missing IMHO ;) :D
    07-08-13 10:48 AM
113,256 ... 15001501150215031504 ...