View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You are correct in what you say, to a point. It appears AAPL will miss the street estimates and in the context of the high end smartphone market these days they will probably see a negative adjustment to their share price.
    I whole-heartedly agree they wont be AS profitable, but things will have to dramatically change before we see either Samsung or Apple post quarter over quarter losses. Missing expectations *can* be that expectations are set ridiculously high. While clearly not always the case, it definitely has happened in the past to both Sammy and Apple.
    FastLane228 likes this.
    07-05-13 01:10 PM
    I really believe 10.2 will be the deciding factor for many Android users who were looking to move to BB. From what I hear from BB10 users, the current ports from android work great (some say better!) but i'd like to see for myself.

However, if that is the case, with 10.2 adding the remaining list of high quality apps, it'll help bridge the gap and help individuals such as myself feel more comfortable leaving Android & Co. for BBRY. In the meanwhile with that bridge in place - help build the user base & garner support from developers to see the benefits of BBRY's user base (corporate - aka deeper pockets) for purchasing apps and help build the native ecosystem around BBRY.

If the aforementioned is correct, than we very well can see a slow snowball effect from the compounding of full app ecosystem (Android ports) on top of increasing user base - rinse & repeat. We could very well see our market share really pick up!

But still, that is an optimistic assumption - see HTC. Has native android apps, superior build quality yet no traction. Poor Fellas' .

Cheers!
    It unfortunately wont help unless those devs decide to bring the apps to BB10. We cannot, and should not, rely on side loading for any meaningful discussion.
    07-05-13 01:11 PM
    Surprisingly, AAPL's R&D budget is extremely small compared to BlackBerry. Their issue isn't the amount of money they have, ($ 138 Billion) its the fact that most of it is off-shore and will be heavily taxed when they re-patriot it back to the US. Makes you wonder how it is possible that they are so far behind the curve now regarding i OS 7.0 and their phone. They are so geared to the bottom line that they won't spend cash to innovate. I think that BB 10.2 is going to be a great release when it comes in the Fall, but I OS 7.0 looks like they are playing catch up here as BlackBerry will be talking BB 10.3 and 10.4 by the time they release another update. Then there is the I Phone 5S, BlackBerry has a great chance to make some headway (A10) while AAPL counts their money.
    Having money off shore and bringing it back will defintely hurt. But Apple can afford to lose more is all I am saying, they have to go further to hit rock bottom. BlackBerry has (hopefully) hit that back in September, share price is still sitting ~50% higher than its all time low.This AGM is going to be very interesting though, as I dont think people will pull any punches with the questions, and I think the board itself needs to step up and address this.
    07-05-13 01:13 PM
    Two "once giants". Who knows. Might work as a niche thingy.
    That would be nice. Sony has some nice products these days. How about a tablet XPERIA Z with BB10.2?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    07-05-13 01:15 PM
    There has been some discussion on the Internet regarding a partnership with Sony. I was think that in addition to the points raised this could be a great idea given that Sony has retail stores and the sales reps at these locations could help market and support BlackBerry's phones. What do you think?
    Sony partnership is about teaming with Sony Pictures for mobile TV push BlackBerry: 'Mobile entertainment is important to us' | Mobile content industry news | Mobile Entertainment very smart move though.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-05-13 at 02:10 PM.
    spike12 and bungaboy like this.
    07-05-13 01:19 PM
    Having money off shore and bringing it back will defintely hurt. But Apple can afford to lose more is all I am saying, they have to go further to hit rock bottom. BlackBerry has (hopefully) hit that back in September, share price is still sitting ~50% higher than its all time low.This AGM is going to be very interesting though, as I dont think people will pull any punches with the questions, and I think the board itself needs to step up and address this.

I couldn't agree with you more on this, as management has failed their shareholders in the communication department. With Apple, its like being locked in a den with a ferocious lion, you want to scream because you know what could be awaiting your fate, but .........................

Looking forward to the AGM too!
    spike12, bungaboy, Korepab and 1 others like this.
    07-05-13 01:21 PM
    My guess is we wont see much of any change until the AGM, then it could get very very bumpy for a short time again. After that, there isnt any news in the short term, though a licensing deal would be nice!
    a $10.20 - $10.40 range would make me very happy. Green, but not too much.
    cool motion
    spike12 likes this.
    07-05-13 01:24 PM
    What kind of movement are we having here, Morgan? It has gotten out of the wedge. Is it trading sideways?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-05-2.29.20-pm.jpg
    spike12 and morganplus8 like this.
    07-05-13 01:32 PM
    Sony partnership is about teaming with Sony Pictures for mobile TV push BlackBerry: 'Mobile entertainment is important to us' | Mobile content industry news | Mobile Entertainment very smart move though.
    Meh... it's just Crackle with all really old movies. Sorry, I don't take that as meaning entertainment is important to them. It seems more like - we couldn't get netflix so here is the best we could do. I would much rather see more movies for rent in BBWorld as soon as they are available. I'm willing to pay - BlackBerry please take my money!
    07-05-13 01:34 PM
    It unfortunately wont help unless those devs decide to bring the apps to BB10. We cannot, and should not, rely on side loading for any meaningful discussion.
    A part of me feels we should just take that huge money pile - scan both Google Play Store and Apple App Store - Grab top 100 favourite apps and make it rain on them!

Bring'em over, support their development efforts - make those apps as killer on BB10. Make the jump from other ecosystems to ours easier!

MAKE IT RAIN!!!!!!

When we have large, big house apps under our belt, I can't imagine someone complaining for the small shop app the other stores are stuffed with - all that bloat/useless stuff.

I can't imagine that kind of investment would run us too much? I may be naive but what is everyone's thoughts?

Cheers!
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-13 01:43 PM
    I was wondering the same thing - maybe it's different in some markets but Crackle is absolute junk in the UK.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    07-05-13 01:44 PM
    When someone says "buy some calls", what do they mean?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:51 PM
    Not if they can make the porting easily for the developers. If your a developers where the goal is to generate profit and your able to market the app in both places i.e Google Play/Blackberry World without too much extra time to redo the codes, why wouldn't they do that.

Side Loading will always be those tech savvy people, I agreed the regular consumer users dont want to know or care.!
    07-05-13 01:53 PM
    I was wondering the same thing - maybe it's different in some markets but Crackle is absolute junk in the UK.
    I've been watching a show on there called 'Boondocks'. It is hil-lay-rious.

I have very little time for TV so this will last me awhile. Also, it's free.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-13 01:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    a copy/paste on some notes I took from reading online. =)

Option Buyer (Option Holder) -- Party that purchases and holds the options contract.
    Option Seller -- Party that writes, or creates, the options contract.

Strike Price -- The price at which the option seller agrees to buy or sell a certain stock in the future.

Expiration Month -- The month in which the option will expire.

Expiration Date -- This is always the third Friday of the month in which the option is scheduled to expire.

Option Contract -- Each options contract represents an interest in 100 shares of a certain underlying stock.

Call Option -- This type of option gives the option holder the right, but not the obligation, to purchase 100 shares of a particular underlying stock at a specified strike price on the option's expiration date. For example, let's say you were to purchase a call option on shares of Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) with a strike price of $40 and an expiration date of April 16. This option would give you the right to purchase 100 shares of Intel at a price of $40 on April 16 (the right to do this, of course, will only be valuable if Intel is trading above $40 per share at that point in time).

Put Option -- This type of option gives the option holder the right, but not the obligation, to sell 100 shares of a particular underlying stock at a specified price (the strike price) on a specified date (the expiration date). For example, let's say you were to purchase a put option on shares of Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) with a strike price of $50 and an expiration date of March 19. This option would give you the right to sell 100 shares of Microsoft at a price of $50 on March 19 (the right to do this, of course, will only be valuable if Microsoft is trading below $50 per share at that point in time).
    bungaboy, Bilaal and FastLane228 like this.
    07-05-13 01:58 PM
    This is where the "different" marketing angle goes.
    What an irony (mark these words, mister/miss librarian of the 2015s):
    Jobs did thought different, Heins is doing different.

Gosh. Either I'm pathologically biased or this Thor & team are going to make it. Hard.
    so long as "different" isn't this bizarre

Samsung Galaxy S4 Iceland Commercial - Business Insider
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-05-13 02:03 PM
    What kind of movement are we having here, Morgan? It has gotten out of the wedge. Is it trading sideways?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-05 at 2.29.20 PM.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	179330
    JLagoon!

You have it right, today is not the day for BlackBerry to shine, this stock did turn positive first thing this morning and it still is now. We are hugging the downtrend line knowing that we will open away from it on Monday. This is the worst kind of breakout were you admit that the stock is now in play but you follow the downtrend line on the other side of the line! This is all we are going to get today I'm afraid. You work is perfect though, if that helps. Cheers and post your chart after the close!
    07-05-13 02:07 PM

Galaxy got Apple's goat? LoL

Pretty bizarre advert. :-)
    07-05-13 02:10 PM
    Galaxy got Apple's goat? LoL

Pretty bizarre advert. :-)
    Yup, it's bizarre.... but is it better that Blackberry's ads???
    07-05-13 02:13 PM
    Nite guys, going to challenge some attractions just near the "place de la concorde" (Paris) with family.
    If I'm not that sick, I'll make some pictures; it's 26�C & sunny ... Summer at least arrived !
    CU later
    07-05-13 02:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Calls are a type of stock option.

Posted via CB10
    Bilaal likes this.
    07-05-13 02:19 PM
    a copy/paste on some notes I took from reading online. =)

Option Buyer (Option Holder) -- Party that purchases and holds the options contract.
    Option Seller -- Party that writes, or creates, the options contract.

Strike Price -- The price at which the option seller agrees to buy or sell a certain stock in the future.

Expiration Month -- The month in which the option will expire.

Expiration Date -- This is always the third Friday of the month in which the option is scheduled to expire.

Option Contract -- Each options contract represents an interest in 100 shares of a certain underlying stock.

Call Option -- This type of option gives the option holder the right, but not the obligation, to purchase 100 shares of a particular underlying stock at a specified strike price on the option's expiration date. For example, let's say you were to purchase a call option on shares of Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) with a strike price of $40 and an expiration date of April 16. This option would give you the right to purchase 100 shares of Intel at a price of $40 on April 16 (the right to do this, of course, will only be valuable if Intel is trading above $40 per share at that point in time).

Put Option -- This type of option gives the option holder the right, but not the obligation, to sell 100 shares of a particular underlying stock at a specified price (the strike price) on a specified date (the expiration date). For example, let's say you were to purchase a put option on shares of Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) with a strike price of $50 and an expiration date of March 19. This option would give you the right to sell 100 shares of Microsoft at a price of $50 on March 19 (the right to do this, of course, will only be valuable if Microsoft is trading below $50 per share at that point in time).
    Cheers for this! Very much appreciated!
    07-05-13 02:27 PM
    I haven't managed to find anything more recent of any repute. This is from IDC:

"In 2011, worldwide mobile enterprise management software revenue totaled
    $444.6 million. This number is expected to grow at a CAGR of 31.8% over the
    forecast period, resulting in total MEM software revenue of $1.8 billion by 2016."

http://idcdocserv.com/236835e
    psy fi and bungaboy like this.
    07-05-13 02:38 PM

W...T...F...?
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-05-13 02:38 PM
    Lol...

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 02:48 PM
113,250 ... 14951496149714981499 ...