View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    so in the survey kevin said he will not be taking on the microphone, so how else would he get management to see what we all wrote in the survey? and a little more importantly, why would management listen to him? just have to play devils advocate here, sorry
    Ask in the related OP thread that Kevin made maybe?
    07-05-13 10:41 AM
    There has been some discussion on the Internet regarding a partnership with Sony. I was think that in addition to the points raised this could be a great idea given that Sony has retail stores and the sales reps at these locations could help market and support BlackBerry's phones. What do you think?
    Two "once giants". Who knows. Might work as a niche thingy.
    07-05-13 10:43 AM
    Very good point. I personally think the HTC one out does the galaxy line up (S4) but with such deep pockets, Samsung can strong arm the market by flooding it with samsung marketing. See BestBuy (instore) & BestBuy Mobiles - they have dedicated staff/reps who sell Samsung products. Not only their phones but even TVs!!!

Talk about marketing presence. The next big thing could come to market but be completely drowned out by Apple & Samsung.

I've never seen a HTC one commercial. I may have 'seen' it but was not aware it was playing or even recognize it was advertising the HTC one. Sad really =(.
    Interestingly, it also came out today that Samsung is going to miss on their mobile sales forecast when they report soon, but of course will make tons of money. Are we seeing a saturated market?
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-13 10:45 AM
    Huge majority of the corporate attacks are not published by companies. They don't want us to know. Or - worse - aren't even aware they are hacked.
    BlackBerry CIO on Mobile Security, BYOD and the Modern CIO Role - CIO.com
    I know it has happened and I know they have or will hide it from the masses but would they not want to correct this issues before something happens that they can not deny or hide? Then again NA is known to be reactive vs proactive.
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and zyben like this.
    07-05-13 10:48 AM
    I think the Partnership rumor refers to Crackle, sony's video store, now on BB10. IS it available for PB? (since I can't get a BB10 because my company's BES5 can't push email to the Q10). Really? they can't figure that out? they aren't big enough to strong arm corporate america anymore. why would they use an agressive tactic like this?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-05-13 10:49 AM
    Doesn't seem like I can reply to that thread... and venturing out of this thread makes me shiver..

Bugmapper, bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    07-05-13 10:50 AM
    Done. =)
    +1 I'm sure TH is a fearless leader, but I suggested Kevin to let him know that Blackberry need to be a little more tactical on delivering the message as well as marketing.
    Compaqee and bungaboy like this.
    07-05-13 10:50 AM
    I know it has happened and I know they have or will hide it from the masses but would they not want to correct this issues before something happens that they can not deny or hide? Then again NA is known to be reactive vs proactive.

It is more than that. Until a breach occurs, most people think their security is good enough already. Why invest money when you think it is up to the task. After a breach, you realize it is clearly not good enough, and you HAVE to spend the money.

Also, people should be aware that all companies are succeptible to this, including BlackBerry. Can you imagine what would happen if their NOC was compromised? And to take it a step further, who is to say it hasnt been already and they simply didnt report it?
    07-05-13 10:51 AM
    I would just like to belated say (in relation to the SP)...
    ARGH! WTF?
    07-05-13 10:51 AM
    It is very likely Kevin will have a private meeting with Thorsten
    07-05-13 10:52 AM
    ... you don't have to look further than HTC to see why BBRY needs to go software/services. The HTC is in big trouble despite launching a great phone in the One. Top hardware with the most popular OS at the moment and they're struggling.
    Agreed. Pretty grim: HTC Q2 2013 slumps: June sales crash sees profit fall 83% YoY

Wanted to compare quarterly sales to BB10 but interestingly no sales/shipped figures were made available.
    morganplus8 and Compaqee like this.
    07-05-13 10:53 AM
    Doesn't seem like I can reply to that thread... and venturing out of this thread makes me shiver..
    Boy oh boy, can I relate to that!:thumbup:
    slipstream89 likes this.
    07-05-13 10:54 AM
    I would just like to belated say (in relation to the SP)...
    ARGH! WTF?
    It's back to green....
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-05-13 10:54 AM
    It's back to green....
    My guess is we wont see much of any change until the AGM, then it could get very very bumpy for a short time again. After that, there isnt any news in the short term, though a licensing deal would be nice!
    07-05-13 10:58 AM
    There has been some discussion on the Internet regarding a partnership with Sony. I was think that in addition to the points raised this could be a great idea given that Sony has retail stores and the sales reps at these locations could help market and support BlackBerry's phones. What do you think?
    Interesting strategy but Sony is pushing waterproof/dustproof android phones, I don't know how well that partnership would work.

I think if BBRY partnered w/ Bestbuy the same way Apple, Samsung & Mircosoft have done to ensure dedicated retails space that would be interesting... Of course staffed by BBRY representatives.
    It's back to green....
    A shade of low green. LoL :-)
    cjcampbell likes this.
    Interesting strategy but Sony is pushing waterproof/dustproof android phones, I don't know how well that partnership would work.

I think if BBRY partnered w/ Bestbuy the same way Apple, Samsung & Mircosoft have done to ensure dedicated retails space that would be interesting... Of course staffed by BBRY representatives.
    Remember, BlackBerry is a MUCH smaller company than any of those three. They only have 3B in cash at the moment, and a deal like that, along with the staffing it would require, would take a large bite out of that.

HTC makes great hardware, but they got lost in the Android noise, there is just a ton going on there. Why not partner with HTC, give them the OS for free (or near free) and market them together. There is no reason BlackBerry needs to go this alone (as clearly that hasnt been working too well).
    07-05-13 11:07 AM

I think the Partnership rumor refers to Crackle, sony's video store, now on BB10. IS it available for PB? (since I can't get a BB10 because my company's BES5 can't push email to the Q10).
    DREXcb likes this.
    07-05-13 11:14 AM
    On vacation.... wow, I leave for a week and the stock tanks and this thread shuts down. Thanks to my Z10, I'm still able to get things done. Got my buying hat on.... ready for the ASM. Glad to hear from a "few" of you. Long and strong!