View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hahha^^^^...no kidding. Just hope the Oilers are not one of them.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 09:21 AM
    Ooops....lol

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 09:22 AM
    Moved from other thread.

Morgan I'm just waiting to hear on the news that a large number of fortune 500 companies have had their trade secrets stolen via hacks on Android and iOS deployments. That's the way they will learn. The losses to businesses are huge in that respect.

Someone needs to get a proof of concept hack out to the public that gets all the IT guys clenching their a**holes

Posted via CB10
    Security breaches are often buried to protect customer confidence in the organization. Your proposed scenario is unlikely.
    Unfortunately I doubt we will see anything, and if we do, it is unlikely to have any immediate (or even direct) impact on the stock. We might see an uptick in that quarter's earnings report, which could influence the stock, but past that I dont think we will see anything.
    07-05-13 09:24 AM
    Security breaches are often buried to protect customer confidence in the organization. Your proposed scenario is unlikely.
    And a "customer hacked device" in a BYOD environment can harm a system hard ...
    Random sample : Terrifying Android Malware Hacks Your PC and then Eavesdrops On You With Its Microphone
    07-05-13 09:25 AM
    Moved from other thread.

Morgan I'm just waiting to hear on the news that a large number of fortune 500 companies have had their trade secrets stolen via hacks on Android and iOS deployments. That's the way they will learn. The losses to businesses are huge in that respect.

Someone needs to get a proof of concept hack out to the public that gets all the IT guys clenching their a**holes

Posted via CB10
    And a "customer hacked device" in a BYOD environment can harm a system hard ...
    Random sample : Terrifying Android Malware Hacks Your PC and then Eavesdrops On You With Its Microphone
    Absolutely it can, on any platform, but without any coverage on it, companies can sit behind a shield of privacy, etc. BlackBerry cannot count on this right now, they have played the security card for too long.
    07-05-13 09:29 AM
    Unfortunately I doubt we will see anything, and if we do, it is unlikely to have any immediate (or even direct) impact on the stock. We might see an uptick in that quarter's earnings report, which could influence the stock, but past that I dont think we will see anything.
    Huge majority of the corporate attacks are not published by companies. They don't want us to know. Or - worse - aren't even aware they are hacked.
    BlackBerry CIO on Mobile Security, BYOD and the Modern CIO Role - CIO.com
    A lot of it is that CIOs are not aware of what they've lost. I've sat in rooms with a lot of CIOs, and there are few that will actually admit they've had a breach and they're struggling with how to handle it. Not a lot of people will communicate that they've had a security breach. So there's not really open sharing in that space. I wish there would be, some kind of forum where you can come in and say, "Hey, we're seeing this kind of an event, and we need to do something about it." Some CIOs or technology leaders will say, "We've never had a breach." Then you really know that they don't have the tools in place that would even see if somebody intruded into their space. Awareness and being able to do something about it [are key]. Awareness is the big one. Awareness is hard.
    07-05-13 09:30 AM
    The GS4 isn't selling as well as the "analyst" would like but its still outselling the previous model. They are unfortunately experiencing what Apple went through... Too successful.

I think Samsung is realizing that the high end is saturated...

The rest of the summer should be interesting.
    Superfly_FR and psy fi like this.
    07-05-13 09:31 AM
    The GS4 isn't selling as well as the "analyst" would like but its still outselling the previous model. They are unfortunately experiencing what Apple went through... Too successful.

Yes, this summer could be perfect for Blackberry. As everyone else struggles, maybe the expectations for Blackberry will be lowered and we can continue to nibble away at iOS and Android. Then, after a bunch of corporate/ government upgrades, Blackberry will "surprisingly" have doubled their market share.
    07-05-13 09:40 AM
    Everyone do Kevin Q&A! There's a section for questions from investors!

Oh great, this thread is unlocked. Kiss my recent efficiency good bye .

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 09:40 AM
    Might grab some calls.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 09:41 AM

Oh great, this thread is unlocked. Kiss my recent efficiency good bye .

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it was a nice break. I actually got some work done for a couple of days.

Survey done. It is a very good survey - we should all complete it.
    07-05-13 09:42 AM
    While you are right that companies cover things up because it looks bad sometimes there is no way to cover things up.

All it takes is a hactivist going in as a proof of concept and releasing their findings. Or customer info is compromised and they are forced to make an announcement.

Even better open up a security company that approaches these fortune 500s offering free penetration testing specializing in mobile. You bust in and crush their garbage configs and then offer BES10 as a solution.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    07-05-13 09:46 AM

The target is the centerline just below $ 13.00/shr and that's why I have been talking about a rally to $ 12.50/shr.. This is a lot to ask but if Heins doesn't bomb the AGM on Tuesday, we could get there quickly. A grossly oversold stock indeed.
    I think the AGM can only accomplish one of 2 things: cause a further sell off or stabilize the price. I completely disagree w/ the technical analysis... There is no such thing as oversold or extremely oversold... Only what the market (manipulated or not) perceives equilibrium between buyers/sellers.

To climb back to $12 there has to be something fundamental that we didn't get during the ER. Also remember that while we didn't get sell through numbers, the N.A. mobile telecoms start reporting over the next few weeks & if we find out how poor sales were we could re-test the lows.

I still say caution is warranted as more headwinds are ahead.
    07-05-13 09:46 AM
    Yes, it was a nice break. I actually got some work done for a couple of days.

Survey done. It is a very good survey - we should all complete it.
    YES. Do the Survey please.
    07-05-13 09:47 AM
    We're back

Hidy H0 Neighbours. LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-nwiav.jpg
    07-05-13 09:48 AM
    Might grab some calls.

Posted via CB10
    I have some bids in for 2015 calls. What ones you looking at?
    07-05-13 09:48 AM
    Negative review of Q10:

Hate to give their channel more hits but maybe we can remind them in the comments of some of the better features. This is what the thread needs IMO, good and bad points.
    07-05-13 09:58 AM
    This is where the "different" marketing angle goes.
    What an irony (mark these words, mister/miss librarian of the 2015s):
    Jobs did thought different, Heins is doing different.

Gosh. Either I'm pathologically biased or this Thor & team are going to make it. Hard.
    07-05-13 10:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Done. =)
    07-05-13 10:07 AM
    So I'm sitting here and trying to remember the hype around blackberry back in the day.

When OS7 devices were all the hype, I was still in my undergrad (BBA). Everybody who was serious about their Co-ops and business careers was carrying a BB. I specifically got one when I was part of the Department Student Association because everyone had one. It helped us keep super connected and who didn't want to be seen with that super cool hip swivel pouch for your beloved business tool?

I'm thinking blackberry needs to go back to focusing on that lifestyle.

Imagine Bay Street, a young new business graduate staring up at the Financial District Tower of Powers. Zooming in on his belt holster holding back his right side of his suit. Then *Bing* a BB notification goes off. And then a zoom out shot of the business district and users with their BB's and just a forward transition of messages to complete a job.

Each one of those scenes show cases a young business individual going through a project to-do-list. Either in school projects or office projects. Trailing to the end, the young business individual is on the train watching a cool movie showcasing its multimedia and then swiping to answer a BBM "Party @ my Condo for 9PM, Coming?"

Blackberry, keep moving.
    ----

I just imagine it'd help rebuild the young professional minded individuals to go back to Blackberry. To be a status symbol of professionalism, efficiency and productivity in the mind of the youth again.

*Also to add - maybe showcase individuals stumbling around on their larger Android cousins or tiny iPhones - all of which don't look very professional IMHO.*

Cheers!
    07-05-13 10:25 AM
    I posted this on the BBM group, which by the way was nice to get to know some of you from here, that you don't have to look further than HTC to see why BBRY needs to go software/services. The HTC is in big trouble despite launching a great phone in the One. Top hardware with the most popular OS at the moment and they're struggling.
    FastLane228 likes this.
    07-05-13 10:28 AM
    I have some bids in for 2015 calls. What ones you looking at?
    The same but might do some that expire after next earnings report.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:30 AM
    so in the survey kevin said he will not be taking on the microphone, so how else would he get management to see what we all wrote in the survey? and a little more importantly, why would management listen to him? just have to play devils advocate here, sorry
    FastLane228 likes this.
    07-05-13 10:33 AM
    There has been some discussion on the Internet regarding a partnership with Sony. I was think that in addition to the points raised this could be a great idea given that Sony has retail stores and the sales reps at these locations could help market and support BlackBerry's phones. What do you think?
    07-05-13 10:34 AM
    I posted this on the BBM group, which by the way was nice to get to know some of you from here, that you don't have to look further than HTC to see why BBRY needs to go software/services. The HTC is in big trouble despite launching a great phone in the One. Top hardware with the most popular OS at the moment and they're struggling.
    Very good point. I personally think the HTC one out does the galaxy line up (S4) but with such deep pockets, Samsung can strong arm the market by flooding it with samsung marketing. See BestBuy (instore) & BestBuy Mobiles - they have dedicated staff/reps who sell Samsung products. Not only their phones but even TVs!!!

Talk about marketing presence. The next big thing could come to market but be completely drowned out by Apple & Samsung.

I've never seen a HTC one commercial. I may have 'seen' it but was not aware it was playing or even recognize it was advertising the HTC one. Sad really =(.
    bungaboy and psy fi like this.
    07-05-13 10:36 AM
113,250 ... 14931494149514961497 ...