View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    How's that? I'm missing something....
    Only a half day today, off tomorrow, and back Friday morning but don't expect much unless there's a big reaction to the job creation numbers.
    lcjr likes this.
    07-03-13 11:43 AM
    You sound upset by the responses to your post. But please understand the confusion lies in your OP on the subject as no where did it mentioned BBRY. But rather it specifically mentioned 'stocks' and 'market', so it is understandable that it was interpreted as such.

Since now that you have clarified that you were talking about BBRY specifically and mentioned that you know what goes on behind the scene, would please let us know precisely how BBRY dropped the way it did?
    Clarified what? im not one claiming the stock is manipulated. why is the burden of proof on me again? why dont u show me why it is manipulated then we can call call the fed on them to get them arrested. also, when i claim to know what is behind the scene. if i did, you think i will tell you? wouldn't that be inside trading? I'm basing on the news and the ER. doesn't take a genius to know why the company is going down.
    07-03-13 11:43 AM
    Personal attacks will be punished. No mercy. Either ways.
    Thanks to keep you tongue clean and your arguments oriented to the thread topic.
    look, he tried to attacked me first. trying to "school" me and claim im lying. i think thats personal enough for me to respond.

btw, if he knows the stock is manipulated please have him contact the fed so they can make arrest or fine. since he got so much info on it and "schooling" me.
    07-03-13 11:45 AM
    look, he tried to attacked me first. trying to "school" me and claim im lying. i think thats personal enough for me to respond.
    No he didn't. You did, a few pages before. All by yourself.
    You were posting for the first time here and already jumping on it.
    I'm a clown but I can read.
    Back to topic, please, chill out.

havent been really following this thread, but who is Morgan? what is his background and credential? not trying to take anything away from him. I'm sure he just want to help, but just curious.
    morganplus8, lcjr, Lehomer and 3 others like this.
    07-03-13 11:46 AM

btw, if he knows the stock is manipulated please have him contact the fed so they can make arrest or fine. since he got so much info on it and "schooling" me.
    No, you basically have offended everyone on this thread on your first hour of comments. Read the title and try to understand that this thread isn't for you, it is for constructive talk about BBRY held by owners of stock in their account. We don't care what you are doing at "work" here, we are interested in what SHAREHOLDERS have to say about BlackBerry. Now, tell us why do you own shares in BBRY?
    07-03-13 11:49 AM
    Possible floor here at 9.50 ?
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-03-13 11:49 AM
    Is there anyway of finding out if the big holders of BBRY shares are buying more?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-03-13 11:50 AM
    first of all, you dont need you to believe me. if basing on comments and your comment history and how BBRY performed you shouldn't be giving out any more recommendation. you sounded like you read a couple of books and now you are an expert at this field.

look up "private hedge fund"? could you be any more vague? I'm not going to waste my time googling those crap you just gave me. what exactly got to do with ppl in this thread claiming BBRY stock price gettin manipulated? the company sucks. plain and simple that's why the stock price going down. want to stock price to go up? have some positive news and not all negative.

ps. no one going to join your class if they looked up your comment history. everyone would be living in the street if they did
    I got this one,

Please let's just start with , why you're here? We have all stated our reasons for contributing to this board, now it's your turn.

Now, Morgan's TA along Yangs, CJ's BB interpretation and my references to my wife etc, have all been accurate they day/week they were made. They're up there plain as day with their opinon and thoughts on them, and it's always expected that we dissect them ourselves and move within our own comfort/abilities.

So the only advice we take, as has been stated numerous times but I'm getting the feeling you may have trouble reading, is our own.

Further, their is currently only one person on this board who is contributing nothing to either side. Coming here and blowing your horn after what should have been a celebration for the sharts(You), does nothing to validate your camp. It only goes to show the immaturity in your mindset and the lack of tact that you and your ilk have.

Take what you have and enjoy it. As when(maybe if) our time comes, perhaps we shall cash in with a little class.
    Last edited by AngryEdmontonian; 07-03-13 at 11:54 AM. Reason: I tried to reply quickly guys, I really did..damn interuptions mid post.
    07-03-13 11:50 AM
    Is there anyway of finding out if the big holders of BBRY shares are buying more?
    Greywulf was posting screenshots a few pages back (yesterday I think?) that showed a net selling from insiders. It wasn't significant amounts if I recall correctly. Very well could have been cashing in to supplement salaries.
    07-03-13 11:51 AM

If the ever growing ignore list have some sort of affect to the SP, I can see a short squeeze coming soon.
    07-03-13 11:55 AM

Says the guy who doesn't even own a Blackberry phone.
    07-03-13 11:57 AM
    No, you basically have offended everyone on this thread on your first hour of comments. Read the title and try to understand that this thread isn't for you, it is for constructive talk about BBRY held by owners of stock in their account. We don't care what you are doing at "work" here, we are interested in what SHAREHOLDERS have to say about BlackBerry. Now, tell us why do you own shares in BBRY?
    you kidding me? u see a ship sinking and you jump into it cause you support it? should ppl in this thread just say BUY BUY BUY BUY, BUY SOME MORE!!! also, tell me where the rule is for this thread again? ppl can't refute other ppl claims of stock manipulation?
    bigbbrybeliever likes this.
    07-03-13 11:58 AM
    I've added my own Q2 forecasts to the bbm group list. 'Troll free, since June 28'

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000740.png

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and morganplus8 like this.
    07-03-13 11:59 AM
    Ok guys, let's keep this clean. One against all is an unfair position and will turn into poison.
    Everybody have a deep breath, step back and roll to the next pages.
    Thank you.

If you need some help, ask Louis.
    07-03-13 12:00 PM
    No he didn't. You did, a few pages before. All by yourself.
    You were posting for the first time here and already jumping on it.
    I'm a clown but I can read.
    Back to topic, please, chill out.
    how did your quote shows me attackin him 2 weeks ago? i asked about him. that is what you called an attack? read my OP today. I made a general statement that wasn't toward him. he responded to me, I didn't respond to him originally.
    07-03-13 12:00 PM
    you kidding me? u see a ship sinking and you jump into it cause you support it? should ppl in this thread just say BUY BUY BUY BUY, BUY SOME MORE!!! also, tell me where the rule is for this thread again? ppl can't refute other ppl claims of stock manipulation?
    It's in the title ... I support BBRY and I buy shares.
    07-03-13 12:01 PM
    It closed right at the top of the wedge. If BB.TO is green today, will US be green on Friday?

This is freaking planned, man.
    07-03-13 12:02 PM
    OP
    PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

If you're not used to deal with stocks, the following should be your starting point.

1. This is real money. Your money. There's no tryouts nor refunds.
    2. You must establish what is your capacity before entering the game. Set it and keep it as an absolute limit (you can add later, depending on your revenues profile). Generally, something like 15% of your currently available and free cash is a reasonable amount. Do not speculate with money you don't own in full (credit). If you lose, don't rely on things like "averaging down" or "buy on dips" unless you have additional cash that fits with this rule.
    3. Stay calm. Looking at the stock on a day basis is hard for your nerves. Either good or bad, fluctuations can happen very fast.
    4. We are a drop in the bucket, even those of us with 100s K $ in the game are nothing if we compare to the global cap (count in $K Billions)
    5. Those playing "against" you have more power, more money and know how the market can react. You don't. Do not use "everyday" logic here. This "game" has its own rules and it takes a while to understand/accept them.
    6. One possible approach is to play "long" (counting in years), this particular approach is the one I suggested when starting this thread back in Feb 2011. I personally stick to this approach, as it appears to be somehow the most adapted for rookies like us, engaging tiny amounts and with very limited skills. Be careful about fees/taxes you may have to pay for each transaction: they can ruin your gains easily.
    7. Please be aware that if you consider investing in stocks, mixing different companies and types of investments (ex : safe, aggressive, short term, long term) is highly recommended.
    8. Last but not least : stay humble and prudent.

And some basic statistical analysis.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Last warning.
    lcjr, difabs, Lehomer and 10 others like this.
    07-03-13 12:02 PM
    They definitely can.

There are a number of others on this thread who are not seeing the bright side of this company right now and are arguably negative on its prospects. They've voiced themselves and still happily participate here and contribute knowledge to the discussion.

I'm looking forward to hearing your side of things as well
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-03-13 12:03 PM
    They definitely can.

There are a number of others on this thread who are not seeing the bright side of this company right now and are arguably negative on its prospects. They've voiced themselves and still happily participate here and contribute knowledge to the discussion.

I'm looking forward to hearing your side of things as well
    Exactly! Man did it feel good to vent some too. I feel a lot better and ready now to chase this thing back to at least $18 come December!! I didn't sell anything and wish I had some spare change to get some more at these bargain prices.
    07-03-13 12:08 PM
    OP
    PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

If you're not used to deal with stocks, the following should be your starting point.

1. This is real money. Your money. There's no tryouts nor refunds.
    2. You must establish what is your capacity before entering the game. Set it and keep it as an absolute limit (you can add later, depending on your revenues profile). Generally, something like 15% of your currently available and free cash is a reasonable amount. Do not speculate with money you don't own in full (credit). If you lose, don't rely on things like "averaging down" or "buy on dips" unless you have additional cash that fits with this rule.
    3. Stay calm. Looking at the stock on a day basis is hard for your nerves. Either good or bad, fluctuations can happen very fast.
    4. We are a drop in the bucket, even those of us with 100s K $ in the game are nothing if we compare to the global cap (count in $K Billions)
    5. Those playing "against" you have more power, more money and know how the market can react. You don't. Do not use "everyday" logic here. This "game" has its own rules and it takes a while to understand/accept them.
    6. One possible approach is to play "long" (counting in years), this particular approach is the one I suggested when starting this thread back in Feb 2011. I personally stick to this approach, as it appears to be somehow the most adapted for rookies like us, engaging tiny amounts and with very limited skills. Be careful about fees/taxes you may have to pay for each transaction: they can ruin your gains easily.
    7. Please be aware that if you consider investing in stocks, mixing different companies and types of investments (ex : safe, aggressive, short term, long term) is highly recommended.
    8. Last but not least : stay humble and prudent.

And some basic statistical analysis.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	843 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	178612

Last warning.
    last warning about what? first of all that is not even the rule for this thread. its the rule for investing.

so where is the rule about i can't refute ppl's claim of stock manipulation? apparently its ok for ppl to make wild claims of the world is against BBRY but when someone say no its against the rule?

ok, what that stats supposed to show? should i bow down to him when he respond to my OP? should i never talk back to him?
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-03-13 12:09 PM
    first of all, you dont need you to believe me. if basing on comments and your comment history and how BBRY performed you shouldn't be giving out any more recommendation. you sounded like you read a couple of books and now you are an expert at this field.

look up "private hedge fund"? could you be any more vague? I'm not going to waste my time googling those crap you just gave me. what exactly got to do with ppl in this thread claiming BBRY stock price gettin manipulated? the company sucks. plain and simple that's why the stock price going down. want to stock price to go up? have some positive news and not all negative.

ps. no one going to join your class if they looked up your comment history. everyone would be living in the street if they did

Please...do not waste ours here either, you have been asked politely...door is over there. (
    07-03-13 12:13 PM
    Is the Nasdaq open fri?
    07-03-13 12:13 PM
    Holy man - Take a step away from this thread for a couple days and all hell breaks loose. Amongst all of the banter back and forth I have noticed a couple interesting things brought up.

First off - thanks again to Morgan: in an attempt (successful mind you) to school a contributor to this thread you have pointed me in a direction to learn about hedge funds and some key examples to explore to see how manipulation occurs in the market.

Also - I forget who brought it up and apologize for that but it was several pages ago and I am too lazy at the moment to search it out but someone was talking about the prospect of TH setting up for a big surprises in future ER's and this Q1 was merely used as a way to gain control of the SP. While this is a fun thought - after the surprise of the Q1 - I am extremely reluctant to believe theories like this. I would think that BB would want to gain control of their stock price as soon as possible in order to ensure that SP performance is truly reflective of company value. those are my thoughts on that.

Now in terms of brand perception in the market - my god does Blackberry have some serious damage control to do - and being in the communications industry I can fully understand how monumental this task is. I haven't had a chance to look at who their new PR firm is but I will soon and let you guys know what my thoughts are on them. All I can say is that you need to be patient when it comes to communications - it is a delicate game and needs to be carefully calculated.
    07-03-13 12:15 PM
    so where is the rule about i can't refute ppl's claim of stock manipulation? apparently its ok for ppl to make wild claims of the world is against BBRY but when someone say no its against the rule?
    Actually you already did try to refute it. I assume you did your best? You seem to have no facts other than that nobody has been convicted of it, specifically in the case of BBRY. Duh... (This is not a useful argument, in case you didn't realize it. After a murder has occurred, but nobody has been convicted of the crime, does that mean it wasn't murder?)

If your "logic" amounts to saying "it's not happening", then your argument is no better than those of your opponents who say "it's happening".

If both parties would preface their statements with "in my opinion" or "I believe", then the world would be a better place. Also, we could move on with the thread and stop sniping.

"Argument by repetition" implies that you have nothing more to add, and are not convincing others. When you find that situation occurring, wouldn't you agree it's reasonable to stop attempting to convince anyone by making the same point in the same way, over and over and over?
    07-03-13 12:15 PM
113,256 ... 14911492149314941495 ...