View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Agreed, but he did say a few times that he was very excited and that CURRENT sales were exceeding their expectations. They must have had very low expectation. It's another reason they should have announced some #'s before ER.
    At the time he said this, the Z10 was launched in selected countries and for maybe 2 weeks.
    Extrapolations from the CURRENT (by then) figures were over their expectations.
    Things became wrong after.
    07-03-13 11:00 AM
    Good lord, people creating profiles just to ask us to stop investing in a company we believe in.
    Yup, just ignore them.
    lcjr, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-03-13 11:01 AM
    Are you short from $7.00 bro ?
    Are you going to feel that way if the stock hits 6 or less? You don't care about bbry you just want to be rich. If you really cared you would be out buying bb10 devices instead of shares because bbry doesn't make money when you are buying shares. Stop this support bbry crap because 99% of you wouldn't be supporting anything if you knew it was going to be a financial loss for you

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the reply Superfly.
    Yeah, BlackBerry did not plan the SP massacre, however, all conspiracy joking aside, I do believe that manipulation of the stock (was) at an all time high, and believe that BlackBerry knew the SP reaction going into the ER, and thus, made some 'seamingly' irrational comments in order to align some future news, and allow for more control of the stock in the Comming ER's.

TH is super smart, and knows how to play the game, so let's see if the following two ER's don't just surprise us; in a good way this time....

Posted via CB10
    Man ... doing so would be evil-genius. I believe I'm too naive to buy it ... but give me that surprise and I'll buy ya all a beer
    OMGitworks likes this.
    07-03-13 11:03 AM
    Are you going to feel that way if the stock hits 6 or less? You don't care about bbry you just want to be rich. If you really cared you would be out buying bb10 devices instead of shares because bbry doesn't make money when you are buying shares. Stop this support bbry crap because 99% of you wouldn't be supporting anything if you knew it was going to be a financial loss for you

Posted via CB10
    Its about the discussion...in a friendly positive light. Kapish?
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-03-13 11:04 AM
    I own a large block of BB shares along with a Z10, Q10 and have turned friends who loved their iphones and SG3 to get their Z10. What have you been doing?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:04 AM
    You could have fooled me with your response. I personally don't think you work for a Hedge Fund, but that's based on your comments. Do some research then, look at what has happened to Biovail Corp., Fairfax Fin. and many others. Look at their lawsuits, wins and how SAC Capital spends billions now defending themselves while heading for the pen. Then, look up Private Hedge Funds, come back to the board and explain to us how all of this ties into BlackBerry. I'm not going to do your work for you. Class dismissed!
    LMAO, I don't have to be an expert to know someone getting schooled.
    07-03-13 11:05 AM
    I own a large block of BB shares along with a Z10, Q10 and have turned friends who loved their iphones and SG3 to get their Z10. What have you been doing?
    Not much right now because his mom has him doing chores around the house right now. He'd have more time to bother people if he'd just keep his room clean. lol
    07-03-13 11:07 AM
    Them who's can do, do
    Them who's can't, teach

I wonder if all these technical graphs and Bollinger bands are any consolation to those throwing their retirement or locs or wife's savings towards bbry. If you are throwing money at bbry right now based on blind support. Or a hunch or have a good feeling please stop. The stock market isn't a mood ring. For those who have been holding prem Watsa on a throne I don't think you will feel that way for too long. The big boys never lose. The only losses they take are on YOUR money. If you have real info about the state of the future about bbry by all means invest. For those dazzled by technical charts please stop throwing good money after bad.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    We can see where you are going. Ok, we had such kind of arguments already. Many times (you've just dropped in, or is that a comeback ?) Rewind a few pages and you'll get it..
    So, thank you to remind them again. Now, if it's your only matter of the day, I believe we got it.
    No flame. No war.
    cjcampbell and morganplus8 like this.
    07-03-13 11:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    LOL..... You got that right and that's the point. We believe we can make money on this beast and many already have. Are you really thinking even 1% would have invested money they thought they'd lose? There are very few of us that look at this as a short term play and others that simply trade it. Instead of jumping into the thread with comments, try reading back over the course of the thread to try and truly get a grip on what's going on here. C'mon man.

I have a BB10 phone and it's bloody fantastic so yes, I do support by giving my dollars as it's more than a solid product. If it was ****, I wouldn't have and I would have sold my shares long ago. Thanks for coming out.
    07-03-13 11:08 AM
    The way I see BBRY right now is that it took a good beating that's for sure. Hopefully this will be the lowest for the foreseeable future but I wouldn't put it past the market if it dropped lower.

The way I see it is that this quarter sucked so bad that BB couldn't possibly do any worse next quarter (well that's what we hope of course otherwise we're even more screwed ) ... almost like a benchmark to compare Q2 to.
    If the expectations are really low then BBRY have a better chance of beating them by a bit of a margin - raising confidence and stock prices again.

As far as I am aware, Q10 wasn't released in most countries and Q5 hadn't even been released at all - although in my opinion the Q5 could have been priced a bit better.

I would expect to see some decent news coming out of the MDM area.

TH really needs to learn how to speak to the public. He's at the complete .opposite end when you compare him to someone as successful as Steve Jobs. If he cannot then give the role to someone who can.. the CEO doesn't necessarily have to speak to the public especially when they can't answer basic questions from the media.

BBRY also need to take tips on advertising - again, successful example is Apple who show exactly what people want to see in about a minute. I haven't seen any focus on the cool things like time-shift in any BB10 ads in the UK... and even if there are, they're too far and apart. The only huge marketing push I saw was when BB10 first launched at that isn't really enough. We need to see more TV ads being pushed out *consistently* not just when BBRY is down.

Another BB7 device - I hope they're going somewhere with this otherwise it sounds silly. It would be a whole lot better to release a cheap spec'd BB10 device instead of pro-longing the death of BB7.
    The one positive I can see of doing this is that perhaps they are seeing the still huge adoption of BB7 and want to refresh the phones in the hands of BB7 holders whilst they put all the things in BB7 that aren't in BB10 yet (like speed dialing).
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-03-13 11:11 AM
    Covered half my position so far. What's really sad is you want to treat honest shorts poorly. You think prem hasn't "hedged" his bets? Pardon the pun. I actually don't feel good that I've made money off someone else's poor choices. But I've been on that side before and it is a terrible feeling. Never fall in love with a stock. Fall in love with money, and make choices to make it not loose it.

Posted via CB10
    Based on what you said, this thread might not be a place for you. Please read the title of this thread.
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 07-03-13 at 12:16 PM.
    07-03-13 11:12 AM
    Them who's can do, do
    Them who's can't, teach
    Goodbye. You have been erased.
    07-03-13 11:13 AM
    I am short. So why would I do anything to further bbrys market share? I started shorting bbry about March and kept adding as almost every store I asked from Vancouver to Calgary to Toronto and Montreal said z10 sales were really bad. And everyone I saw or know with a z10 wasn't overly optimistic about the device. Now I'm not talking about fan boys but professionals who have always had bbrys product over the years. I used real world anecdotal research. Not the ceo claiming the sales were the best ever and are setting bbry records and all the rest of the encouraging sales he talked about.

Posted via CB10
    Impressing. We're glad you did. Can we move on ?
    07-03-13 11:14 AM
    Well...appears (barring any other regrettable news) we are at or near basing this slide out. Only up from here (can't watch)..lol
    07-03-13 11:16 AM
    I'm talking about BBRY, not the whole market. Ppl in this thread clearly are saying trader are manipulating the BBRY stock. they have no idea how the market work and just throwing out random statements. BBRY is not a good company. i dont think it could be any clearer after friday. investor dont believe in BBRY
    I admit that I dont know that how market works. if you know how "market work" please elaborate? people learn through communications and exchanging questions and answers without fear of being insulted. no one can know everything and no one is perfect. I am not perfect and i have enough guts to admit it. despite making many many business mistakes, i was able to retire at the age of 43. got bored of doing nothing and now back at it again part time after taking 3 years off.
    what is the definition of success?
    what is what is the definition of manipulation?
    the list can go on and on and by who's standard though?
    this is the thread where people "support" blackberry and they talk about blackberry values. there is nothing wrong with discussing manipulation theory.
    there is nothing wrong with knowing more or less, brain never stops working it is going to learn positive or negatives no matter what field you are in. and in your case, you work for the hedge fund. so please keep on educating us. much appreciated.
    07-03-13 11:20 AM
    Well...appears (barring any other regrettable news) we are at or near basing this slide out. Only up from here (can't watch)..lol
    Fighting, no surrender. Some are sustaining.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    07-03-13 11:20 AM
    Agree, but I'm not expecting anything significant until next week sometime. I'd love to be wrong and see this go up to $10 today!
    07-03-13 11:21 AM
    I'm talking about BBRY, not the whole market. Ppl in this thread clearly are saying trader are manipulating the BBRY stock. they have no idea how the market work and just throwing out random statements. BBRY is not a good company. i dont think it could be any clearer after friday. investor dont believe in BBRY
    As a watching clown, I believe 40%+ short positions trades IS manipulation, by nature.
    morganplus8 and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-03-13 11:23 AM
    Okay, I'm bored, the stock seems to be trading like any other stock in the world today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-july-3d-2013-chart.jpg

Here is the chart of BBRY going back to that opening morning on Friday last! Okay, so here are all of the rallies we have seen since this stock fell $ 5.00/shr in 4 days of trade:

1) we went up by $ .20/shr for an hour.

That's it, the rest of the time, despite millions of emotional traders, despite billions in margin calls, despite 193,000,000 shares short the stock and despite 100,000's of options trades, we worked our way down over four days like this stock was a 7% dividend paying .... Ma Bell while the markets are closed. No manipulation here is there! LOL
    07-03-13 11:30 AM
    You could have fooled me with your response. I personally don't think you work for a Hedge Fund, but that's based on your comments. Do some research then, look at what has happened to Biovail Corp., Fairfax Fin. and many others. Look at their lawsuits, wins and how SAC Capital spends billions now defending themselves while heading for the pen. Then, look up Private Hedge Funds, come back to the board and explain to us how all of this ties into BlackBerry. I'm not going to do your work for you. Class dismissed!
    first of all, you dont need you to believe me. if basing on comments and your comment history and how BBRY performed you shouldn't be giving out any more recommendation. you sounded like you read a couple of books and now you are an expert at this field.

look up "private hedge fund"? could you be any more vague? I'm not going to waste my time googling those crap you just gave me. what exactly got to do with ppl in this thread claiming BBRY stock price gettin manipulated? the company sucks. plain and simple that's why the stock price going down. want to stock price to go up? have some positive news and not all negative.

ps. no one going to join your class if they looked up your comment history. everyone would be living in the street if they did
    07-03-13 11:33 AM
    Fighting, no surrender. Some are sustaining.
    Keep moving, babe
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    morganplus8 and plasmid_boy like this.
    07-03-13 11:39 AM
    Only 20 minutes left for the day so should be interesting.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-03-13 11:40 AM
    ps. no one going to join your class if they looked up your comment history. everyone would be living in the street if they did
    Personal attacks will be punished. No mercy. Either ways.
    Thanks to keep you tongue clean and your arguments oriented to the thread topic.
    07-03-13 11:41 AM
    Only 20 minutes left for the day so should be interesting.
    How's that? I'm missing something....
    07-03-13 11:41 AM
113,256 ... 14901491149214931494 ...