Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    d'oh!

07-02-13 11:20 PM
    Well, I can certainly understand that people want to gather around the pub after the game and root for the home team and all but I would only recommend place bets in that situation with goofing-off money. It's way too much of a skewed viewpoint to base serious investment decisions on. Some people seem to be investing a serious portion of their net worth on this stock and getting margin calls and all. Don't you think that people would benefit from the other side of the story if they are making serious investments?

I guess the disclaimer is in the title of the thread. This is about supporting BBRY and buying shares and not as much about making sound investments - not if you aren't going to tolerate any negative sentiment.
    I can certainly agree with this. But the original poster keeps reminding everyone of this repeatedly. We all know what we are doing regarding investing our funds. We all do not know how to do this smartly, that's why we support and give guidance and/or point to references when asked.
    Most here that started with this thread made it clear that our investments are monies we can do without for a while and/or have already written off. Others are new and also learning but investing needed money. Regardless, this thread is not like any other. It's very friendly here and those that want something else should look for something else someplace else.
    07-02-13 11:26 PM
    Well, I can certainly understand that people want to gather around the pub after the game and root for the home team and all but I would only recommend place bets in that situation with goofing-off money. It's way too much of a skewed viewpoint to base serious investment decisions on. Some people seem to be investing a serious portion of their net worth on this stock and getting margin calls and all. Don't you think that people would benefit from the other side of the story if they are making serious investments?

I guess the disclaimer is in the title of the thread. This is about supporting BBRY and buying shares and not as much about making sound investments - not if you aren't going to tolerate any negative sentiment.
    Also, the folks on this thread welcome challenging arguments and seeing other perspectives, but it needs to come across differently. There are threads like stock twits and others that tolerate drive by comments and even slams, but that's not what this thread was designed for. This is a social group where we can learn from each other in several aspects. If somebody doesn't like that they can just go find what's best for them.
    07-02-13 11:32 PM
    MORGAN, DUSDAL, HOA, YANG, and any other brilliant minds:

Conspiracy theorist time....

This ER was timed by BlackBerry , knowing that the Q10 has barely launched in the US, large players were seeking to re-position themselves, and new large players like ATL needed a definite reason to enter. The shorts needed to be shaken out due to the below cash position, so they are happy ($$$), but a large percentage won't re-enter with the current SP, allowing the longs to enter without allowing their new position to be lent out, thus, making it more difficult to short for the next ER.

Creeping up will be a large shift in various news from BlackBerry that will boost the next ER to their favor and reflect the SP to be $14-15.

... Just a thought. Back to the fetal position in the corner of the room, to lick my wounds over current SP....

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 11:42 PM
    Okay friends, got to get my firearms tuned right so I can practice at the range tomorrow. Have a competition to win in two days and yes, I can shoot the nuts off a nat at 300 yards. Lol
    07-02-13 11:44 PM
    haha I have been to the range almost everyday to let off steam but you yanks get to play with the more fun guns than we do up here

Okay friends, got to get my firearms tuned right so I can practice at the range tomorrow. Have a competition to win in two days and yes, I can shoot the nuts off a nat at 300 yards. Lol
    lcjr likes this.
    07-02-13 11:47 PM
    Who did buy the 200 million+ shares so far? Those are almost 40% of the available shares in the market, right?
    07-03-13 12:01 AM
    Evening folks,

I hope my fellow Canadians had a fantastic Canada Day weekend! BBRY's Q1 results on Friday likely put a damper on the weekend for some, but after a few drinks I can say I loosened up. I hope everyone here had a chance to spend time with friends, family, and have a few . After taking time to process earnings on Friday, I can unequivocally say that what happened, and is continuing to happen with the stock getting continuously "walked down", is irrational. Apart from public companies getting accused of fraud, it is extremely rare for them to lose 1/3 of their market cap in three trading days. I'm still long - as panic selling wasn't of interest to me. It is far too early to judge BlackBerry! I know we all wanted a quicker turn-around and it's true that the analysts, in conjunction with alleged supply chain data, made it easy to believe or prophesize that Q1 would be a massive beat. However, we were wrong. Fine. We regroup and come back smarter for next time.

I haven't commented in a few days, but I most definitely have read all the responses to this thread over the weekend. I thought it was best to collect my thoughts first. As lcjr states, we really do have something unique on this thread. What really is unfortunate is that we seem to have some new arrivals. Indviduals posting here to elicit frustration from those who are long BBRY and have purchased shares now or in the past. This is completely unecessary and inexcusable.

If you have nothing to add to the thread, please don't post. Thanks in advance.

A side note for everyone here: The ignore function works magnificently!
    07-03-13 12:09 AM
    But the most sad thing is that the rate of return is unreal. not because people do not like the devices but people do not want to go through the quick guides and literature that comes with the phone as well as the leaflets that BlackBerry is providing as a quick tour to the user. Users want simplified operations they do not want to read and try to comprehend NEW things regarding technology that already exists more or less.
    OK so ppl complain that the phone is to complicated to use , so BB goes ahead and puts more tutorials and pamphlets to explain and now ppl are mad about having to READ? OMG I have a iphone 5, waiting to upgrade to BB and it took me all of 1 day of reading about the Z10 to know how the gestures work. Honestly I can't believe some ppl are this dumb, its like 3 simple gestures.

You realize that Apple is coping some of the swipe features from BB, I sure hope all those new i5s owners return their phone as it's too complicated to use.
    07-03-13 12:23 AM
    Hey peeps. Here's Umi's latest take, and the comments are a good read too.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-s...ow-rock-bottom
    07-03-13 01:01 AM
    No wolf, I'm not singling anyone out. This thread is not about that. You are more than welcome here and I surely appreciate your expertise. I'm talking to everyone so that we all remember this thread is different than the other threads. It's more of a social gathering to discuss the stock and later after hours get to know each other and let off steam respectfully. Can't find that on another thread.
    Lcjr I totally understand your feelings. It's been frustrating few days for all of us holding long. I believe in this company and that they succeed. As kid vibe mentioned earlier its long term, but the company needs to defend itself from all the negativity, bad press and disappointing ER

This forum is nice and is like a social gathering for all of us to talk about the stock, and discuss after hour stuff. I don't participate much, but truly enjoy all the comments. Actually it's enjoyable to read.

When I read stock twitter and others like yahoo or stock house its more serious and more a bulls / bears or pump / dump.

I hope you stay on, and hopefully BlackBerry can some how defend itself and the SP can move up. Sorry, I haven't read all the posting, but I hope that people are respect full and understanding while BlackBerry (and long term investors ) is going thru this bad few days.

All the best, to you and everyone that post on this forum.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, dusdal and rarsen like this.
    07-03-13 01:07 AM
    Well it's been a pretty interesting ride the last few trading days to say the least. I don't post here as much as many of you do but I truly enjoy this place. I can't thank enough Morgan, Yang, JLagoon and all the others that post charts and impart their knowledge on this thread. I feel like I'm going to school here I've learned so much. Heck I'm even making my own charts sometimes and because of the great input here I actually think I'm learning something. I also appreciate the comaradarie that lcjr, cj, bungaboy, kid vibe and countless others provide. I feel like this thread for the most part follows the theme that Superfly wanted it too when he started it. We know the drill, Don't iinvest more than you can afford...etc etc etc. I'm pretty sure the regulars on here are fully aware of that and that's how it should be. It is an informal place where shareholders can vent, socialize and even learn something. It is a partisan thread. So what. It's our choice and it's name implies it to be so. I also feel like I can put in my 2 cents whenever I want without ridicule for the most part so here they are:

Where is our what looks to be "Fearful Leader". Why hasn't he said anything?
    Transparency would be nice. We are being left in the dark too often.
    Negative sentiment goes back years and we're experiencing the power of that right now.
    The product is good. All the eggs are not in one basket. Bes10, QNX, MDM, plus new devices and a bunch of other stuff.

The blood is in the streets...ankle deep. Just wondering if it's gonna go up to the knees.
    I sold some on the open Friday (1200 shares), but looking to buy more and increase my share count to take whatever I can from them short B#$$%@*****.

Thanks in advance for letting me vent a bit and yes, I am LONG Blackberry.
    Last edited by doctor gonzo; 07-03-13 at 02:57 AM.
    07-03-13 02:46 AM
    Already down 20 cents in pre-market trading. Is Wednesday a half day? or is that Thursday?
    07-03-13 03:26 AM
    [Warning : This is nowhere a trading rule, just my personal mood about BBRY stock and a (very) long position with moderate level of investment]

When you play golf and attempt to win your game - and you believe you're stronger than your opponents - you must look at the pin as your goal and focus hard on it. Under any circumstance shouldn't you focus at the obstacles; instead, you must play each stroke to place your ball in a good position for the next one.

With BBRY we've yet collected bogeys and an ugly double within the first 6 holes. But the course is unreal, these were the lowest handicap (i.e: the hardest) in a row I've ever seen. Hopefully we have now an easy par 5 (BES) and two par 3 (Q10 US and Q5) to end the front 9. Let's keep focused, score a birdy and two pars to finish +6 on the front nine and start over for the back 9. That's exactly how I feel today : some may think it's a match play; I believe it is pure stroke play.

Me too am sorry for those who lost, paper or real. But my setting (focus on the 18th pin : still 2/3 to go - Not betting my life on it, I'm the challenger) allows me to never focus on the rough nor bunkers and accept the fringe. It's not rational, it's guts driven - again, nowhere a reasonable trading rule - but I may consider an eagle on next back nines par 5: under $9, if my available cash is high enough, I may double down (or such) and hit my absolute limit of 1000 shares, averaging at ~$11.3.

I became investor because I believed BlackBerry and their anti-sexy CEO Heins will make it within 5 years.
    As of date, despite the street, I still believe they will.

Funny enough, the expression "You should never count your chickens before they're hatched" is "Il ne faut jamais vendre la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tu�" in French. Literally :" You should never sell the fur of the bear before you've actually killed it". I'm cautious, I fear the bears. But I play my course as a whole, stroke by stroke. Let's finish +2/+3 back in the club house ... this might be enough to hit the top 5 and qualify for the final round.

Sorry for the non golfers, but I believe most of you will understand
    "Driving for the show, putting for the dough".
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-03-13 at 07:44 AM.
    07-03-13 04:04 AM
    MORGAN, DUSDAL, HOA, YANG, and any other brilliant minds:

Conspiracy theorist time....

This ER was timed by BlackBerry , knowing that the Q10 has barely launched in the US, large players were seeking to re-position themselves, and new large players like ATL needed a definite reason to enter. The shorts needed to be shaken out due to the below cash position, so they are happy ($$$), but a large percentage won't re-enter with the current SP, allowing the longs to enter without allowing their new position to be lent out, thus, making it more difficult to short for the next ER.

Creeping up will be a large shift in various news from BlackBerry that will boost the next ER to their favor and reflect the SP to be $14-15.

... Just a thought. Back to the fetal position in the corner of the room, to lick my wounds over current SP....

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a fan of conspiracy thesis. But where I meet you is that this scenario (never planned IMHO) may occur and result in a much more comfortable environment for the stock. We need some big boys back. I understood (I may be wrong ?) the funds have cleared their position for a clean closing. We need some big blocks to stabilize the boat. Filling the ballasts would be fine.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-03-13 04:15 AM
    Premarket seems quiet for now; do we met the the eye of the storm ?
    (CU at the bell; work to do)
    07-03-13 04:19 AM
    I noticed that that the institutional ownership number on google finance for BBRY changed from 59% to 60%.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-03-13 05:18 AM
    I will be going to the range this weekend, too. I may not be able to shoot the nuts off a nat at 300 yards but at that distance I can for sure kill the nat! Enjoy, I find it very rewarding.
    jon_stark_28, lcjr and helopilot06 like this.
    07-03-13 05:28 AM
    I'm just checking in to let people know I haven't bowed out of the race lol. I'm trying to not look at the stock every day since I'm long for at least another year or two.

BBRY LONG TILL IT DIES!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 05:53 AM
    The last couple of weeks have been an absolute disaster. Only good thing is that BBRY seems to be constantly trying to improve the phones. There's a thread on here that shows off some new 10.2 enhancements like toast notifications and wifi direct. They seem like really cool features.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...thread-824788/
    07-03-13 06:34 AM
    OK so ppl complain that the phone is to complicated to use , so BB goes ahead and puts more tutorials and pamphlets to explain and now ppl are mad about having to READ? OMG I have a iphone 5, waiting to upgrade to BB and it took me all of 1 day of reading about the Z10 to know how the gestures work. Honestly I can't believe some ppl are this dumb, its like 3 simple gestures.

You realize that Apple is coping some of the swipe features from BB, I sure hope all those new i5s owners return their phone as it's too complicated to use.
    I'm totally with you... I couldn't get it. I've had friends struggling a bit but I wouldn't imagine that it would have been so bad. There are people who do not want to waste time on manuals they want a seamless experience right from the very first moment... then again I have to add that this is nyc we are talking about. people tend to think they have no time for anything at all...

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 06:41 AM
    How do I ignore people on here again? I've got about 5 to add.
    morganplus8 and fedakd like this.
    07-03-13 07:04 AM
    Is anyone really shocked that people on wall street don't read?

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    07-03-13 07:30 AM
    How do I ignore people on here again? I've got about 5 to add.
    Just report them. I revisited this morning and saw a few and reported them. Seems to have worked as there has been a few posts deleted. However, to report, click on their avatar, go to there profile, and on the left hand side is the add to ignore option. It will have a prompt page for you to confirm so don't skip it. I did a few times and couldn't figure out why I still saw the posts... lol

Any way, good morning all. I took a few days away from here and watching the price. I checked in to read a few posts and looked at the price but rarely and with the trolls coming out in hoards, I thought it best for my sanity. I'll still be on and off for the coming days but just wanted to say hi and I haven't gone anywhere or done anything with my shares.
    07-03-13 07:38 AM
    07-03-13 07:43 AM
113,256 ... 14861487148814891490 ...