View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    and that too, SIRI been holding since under a dollar, SD just swing trade, NIHd swing trade. LoL these are the one I made money on.
    then few more that I lost money on as learner's fee, because i fell for the media and market drama. still learning though.
    I must add that i dont trade in margin account or options. developing real estate is my core business. if i have cash I buy something no loan, i learnt that lesson a while ago , if i dont have my own cash then cheapest way to entertainment is jack on the rocks and spend time in my home theater or gym.
    thats one of the reason that it never made sense to me that why is your boker/margin lender is allowed to buy and sell stocks for their own benefit?
    I completely agree with you about not trading in options or on margin and the jack. Just curious, what type of real estate? I work for a hotel/apartment developer

edit: good to see a few of the regulars sticking around
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    07-02-13 08:08 PM
    This does not surprise me at all.
    m
    I am down over $500k on Apple from this time last year.
    I am so sorry for everyone who has a loss. I did as well. I still believe in this company, but the lack damage control and guidance from TH is questionable now. BlackBerry separated themselves from a PR firm that no one even knew about and had no replacement. BlackBerry probably knew that this past ER would fuel a huge sell off given the enormous shorts. They have done nothing to calm things down so far.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-02-13 08:15 PM
    Thorsten....where are you?
    07-02-13 08:17 PM
    Most of peoples here seem to have NEVER heard of "STOP LOSS" Orders...

Attachment 178423
    Lmao.
    07-02-13 08:21 PM
    Lmao.
    Absorbing all this new wisdom is getting tiring.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    07-02-13 08:23 PM
    Supply chain remains upbeat for 2H13 after BlackBerry releases dismal quarterly results: Supply chain remains upbeat for 2H13 after BlackBerry releases dismal quarterly results
    07-02-13 08:26 PM
    Hmmm sounds good in theory ... but don't the stop loss mechanisms also help the shorts? I think the sp would still be around 13 if the longs didn't use them. I still think the shorts are greedy... they are looking for the ultimate bottom for max profit. They won this round but will they win the war? If the stock popd up will the shorts not bleed the same way we have?
    kfh227 likes this.
    07-02-13 08:39 PM
    Further more I agree with Morgan .. there is something up at bbry ... will it come out at the agm?
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-02-13 08:43 PM
    Further more I agree with Morgan .. there is something up at bbry ... will it come out at the agm?
    Probably announcing a new product. That will not be for sale for 3 months. Man, bbry does suck at PR.

Whatever it is it will not reverse the share price trend.

Posted via CB10
    plane6065 likes this.
    07-02-13 08:49 PM
    I hope so, but we keep saying that prior to any events. Then TH talks and things get worst.

I do hope something positive comes up with BlackBerry, otherwise we have to start pumping Carl Icahn or Lenevo partnership rumors again.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:50 PM
    DWThought I would share my thoughts while I'm waiting to pick up my kid.

Despite the uncertainty, I feel BBRY still have a long way to go. However IMHO, I feel the Z10 would only put them back in the smartphone battle, Q10/Q5 will most likely be the devices to help add some growth or even retain in hope to stop the subscribers lost. They need better PR, and A10 to come out sooner.

I don't know how many of you are in my shoes, but during the BBRY idle time, the smartphone consumer trend has changed whether it be bigger screen, apps requirement or brand specifics. I think screen size play a big factors for me.

If only TH would break down their subscriber base to differentiate premium clients versus mid/low end users, I think they need to create a buzz and I would like to get a A10 as I'm sure there are others in the same situation as me but sitting on the sideline.

Just my 2cents
    07-02-13 08:51 PM
    Use stop orders! Pray that you can buy back for less.

Or just dollar cost average...

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:53 PM
    Sorry everyone, I think the big price drop after the ER is my fault. I changed my avatar before the launch, and before the last ER, and both times there was a huge drop after the event.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    07-02-13 08:55 PM
    You can ALWAYS buyback a Stock (When you have some $$$ or Profit) ...
    n.b.: Nobody can predict the "Top" for a Stock.... but everybody knows that ZERO is the bottom !
    Dude! Could you lay off the underlining, italics, bold, mixed-bold-with-underlining, and FREAKING ALLCAPS.

Please?

If your point is worth making, it can be made without all the font changes.

Thank you.
    07-02-13 08:57 PM
    I held my holdings pre announcement. It's my bad.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:58 PM
    FYI: Stop Loss orders don't protect you from a huge collapse in price..

Eg. You got in at $14.4, set stop loss at $13, market opens, stock is at $10.5 (this was Friday earnings)

You will MOST LIKELY NOT be able to sell at 13, because no one will purchase at that price.

I've learned through experience, stop loss orders messed me up more than it did good. Buying put options seem to be a much better option here.

Eg. If you had 100 shares, pre-earnings it was trading at $14.4, purchase a $13 Strike Put, 1 week expiry.

Earnings open, crashes to 10.5, you will still be able to sell at $13, whereas a Stop Loss would be selling at the opening price of $10.5

The difference is, you have to pay a premium for this insurance, whereas stop losses are fee based.

PS: This scenario is for pre-earnings (1-2 days in advance)
    Korepab, morganplus8, g120 and 3 others like this.
    07-02-13 09:02 PM
    What if they had an exceptional June with the Q10 and announced those numbers at the AGM?
    morganplus8, rarsen and dusdal like this.
    07-02-13 09:03 PM
    Use stop orders! Pray that you can buy back for less.

Or just dollar cost average...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I sold part of my holding today cause I did not want to see it go down farther. If it goes down, I will buy back. If it goes up I will be just as happy. Lack of BlackBerry PR is hurting all longs and investors. Sentiment everywhere is not positive, and I am assuming most longs are staying positive with the hope the company will lead again. For now, they need to do damage control instead of saying nothing.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:09 PM
    Depressing? I love sales.
    That is possibly one of the funniest things I've ever read lol.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    07-02-13 09:15 PM
    Does this not mean higher service revenue for the next ER? http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...th-18-000.html
    07-02-13 09:19 PM
    I don't know if Prem was short but he's not sitting on a boatload of losses. To hedge a long position, you basically take an opposing position. This can be accomplished in many ways:

Sell short (short against the box)
    Buy puts
    Sell calls
    Total Return Swap:

Party A (Prem) owns BBRY stock but has downside protection
    Party B (bank) assumes the economic benefit/risk in owning BBRY stock without carrying it on their balance sheet.

There are other ways to hedge but the above covers some of the general ways.

As I said before, people yell about the shorts the shorts but it�s not that simple sometimes. Large short positions know exactly how to unwind their positions without driving the price up appreciably.
    I don't disagree with anything you wrote but I would personally find it appalling and distasteful for a director to be shorting company stock. Maybe he had some puts or another hedge on BBRY, but outright shorting would really bother me. JMHO
    Korepab, bungaboy and peter9477 like this.
    07-02-13 09:21 PM
    damn..im actually surprised your out
    Truly a bearish sign if I ever saw one.
    Bugmapper and peter9477 like this.
    07-02-13 09:25 PM
    I've ridden the BBRY false hope train long enough, it has miles of history. I will wait for facts, hope is not a good investment plan.
    07-02-13 09:28 PM
    Stop losses are designed to protect the downside. If the stock falls out of bed then the stop order becomes a market order & you exit at the first available price.

So yes, you lose more than you wanted to because of an unexpected event... I think we can all agree stocks don't move 30% under normal trading conditions.

So while your stop would have taken you out beyond your desired loss %, you would be out with a clear loss amount. The alternative is sitting on an even larger loss as of today's close & your investment @ greater risk if say AT&T came out and said they were dropping all BB10 devices.

Think of it like driving & seat belts... Get into an accident and the seat belt causes you to break a collar bone so you decide to drive w/o a seatbelt going forward because you were injured once or maybe even twice. The next accident you fly through the windshield, dead.

Risk Mgmt... protect profits, limit losses.
    07-02-13 09:37 PM
    Does this not mean higher service revenue for the next ER? http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...th-18-000.html
    There is a 60 to 90 days free trial. BES 10.1 and secure workspace app just came in June. So, free trial doesn't end untill Sep.

That means even if all enterprise customers convert from free trial to paying customers at the end of free trial, we won't see any revenue from it untill Sep-Dec period.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    07-02-13 09:50 PM
113,251 ... 14841485148614871488 ...