View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    As I'm trying to understand and learn from the recent share price action, I wanted to say thank you again to the posters here for their insights.

It seems very, very difficult to tell if the action is a) justified based on the company's prospects, b) an over-reaction, or c) part of a greater strategy by large investors that doesn't actually say much about the company's prospects. But then again, I suppose that's just part of investing - analysis based on incomplete knowledge.

I would love to think that large investors are at this point still shaking out weaker hands to buy more shares cheaply, but that's just speculation. While I'm at it, I'll also say that I'd love for the share price to stabilize in the 11 or 12 dollar range for a while. As frustrated and put-off by the earnings call as I was, I still have a hard time believing the results and the tone were worth this much of a drop. But I'm sure the history of investing has had millions of people say that...

Thanks again.
    07-02-13 01:43 PM
    Canadians are back to their desks today and tomorrow is a 1/2 day for the US followed by their holiday. The general market is down now and the media is leaning negative without a word from the company itself. All things lead to downward pressure here. Volume is tracking yesterday's levels and we have traded 230 million plus shares so far since the Q1 news came out. As far back as I can go, I can't find a more negative oversold condition on the Bollinger Bands, CCI = (-245) today, nothing even comes close here.

Walk away for a couple of days and let it sort itself out.
    At this point, any thought in my head sounds like wishful thinking. I see a falling wedge pattern. Each day has 3 steps occurring at the same interval. Can we get out of this falling wedge on Friday? ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-02-2.33.24-pm.jpg
    07-02-13 01:44 PM
    Wow - I didn't think it it would go below $10 at the moment - $9.74?
    $7 should never have happened but it did.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:46 PM
    Haha I mean on sales, not share price.

Posted via CB10
    Oooops.

They are directly related
    07-02-13 01:48 PM
    Can they please hire a spokesman for this company to do some damage control? Why haven't we heard a peep from bbry yet? Do some interviews (not with TH mind you) and get some spin going on here. Its time for the new PR firm to step up to the plate, I am interested to see their approach. BBRY throw us a bone here!
    There will be noise again at the AGM (is that July 8th ?). I do not expect anything by then. And I believe it's OK. Pressure has to lower first.
    07-02-13 01:48 PM
    Silly question.

Because he has to answer to the investors in his fund. And since BBRY is the #1 holding and has been devastated in the past three trading days, he should be interested. And he is also on the Board of Directors of BlackBerry and has a fiduciary responsibility also.

I hope he isn't wearing the same Rose Coloured glasses that so many here here. Or that he got conned by the old Co-CEOs or by the new "I know nothing" one.
    Yes, it's a good point.

I suppose I was thinking of him as an individual investor, but your point is well taken. If there isn't a bounce back or change in sentiment he will have to explain his rationale his own shareholders.

Of course they have already seen him win big as a contrarian so his own shareholders may be of a different mind than most mutual fund holders. Maybe, maybe not.
    07-02-13 01:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Different times, they had $ 3.00 in cash and zero BB 10 products out there in August/Sept.. We are at $ 7.00 levels right now relatively speaking. We have to let the big boys finish their games. Not much chance of a big bounce with the US market closed but some positive news would be fun.
    07-02-13 01:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I got out - sold everything - the day of earnings with a significant loss, and it will take years for me to make it back, if I can at all. I should have listened to myself - everytime I checked my local Walmarts they always had the same number of Z10's and Q10's on the shelf, it was clear the phones weren't selling that well, if at all in some cases. And this is in Canada. Sure, sales are probably OK here, but not enough, and sales by all accounts from what I've read are few and far between in the USA, it's no wonder the quarterly results are pretty bad.

I don't expect things to get better and in fact they can get worse. BB10 is cool but it is confusing for people, even if it's better than iOS or Android it is more of a learning curve and the people that I've seen use them are frustrated with it at first. You get the hang of it but it is still weird for them.

I still like BB10 but from all accounts so far it is not well enough to turn the company around. Maybe this will change with the Q5 and Aristo, but that is a big maybe, especially with Apple coming out with the iPhone 5S or 6 soon and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on the horizon.
    07-02-13 01:52 PM
    Oooops.

They are directly related
    You are correct of course.

However, I wonder if the implied causation is backward?
    07-02-13 01:52 PM
    Im a qwerty guy HTC DesireZ and was tempted by the Q10 today I searched for SG4 and Iphone 5 qwerty to see if some mods have been done. Apparently they have cases that are blue tooth sliders. So really any phone can be a qwerty. Hmm maybe if they made one for the Z10 I would consider getting Z10 with the qwerty. I know it makes the phone bulky but I love horizontal qwertys
    They just don't compare. BB Keyboard is unmatched. It's like a mouse when you have a trackpad. At first you believe it'll help, then you realize it does not fit your bag or has dead battery ... and finally use the trackpad that is built in.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-02-13 01:53 PM
    There will be noise again at the AGM (is that July 8th ?). I do not expect anything by then. And I believe it's OK. Pressure has to lower first.
    Silly question, is there a call in number or a way to listen the AGM?
    07-02-13 01:54 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 2.33.24 PM.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	178339
    What time frame is your chart?
    07-02-13 01:56 PM
    Canadians are back to their desks today and tomorrow is a 1/2 day for the US followed by their holiday. The general market is down now and the media is leaning negative without a word from the company itself. All things lead to downward pressure here. Volume is tracking yesterday's levels and we have traded 230 million plus shares so far since the Q1 news came out. As far back as I can go, I can't find a more negative oversold condition on the Bollinger Bands, CCI = (-245) today, nothing even comes close here.

Walk away for a couple of days and let it sort itself out.
    and thats what I meant when I said, "take a break" LoL
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-02-13 01:57 PM
    07-02-13 01:57 PM
    Silly question, is there a call in number or a way to listen the AGM?
    Should be listed here soon : Investor Events - Canada
    abouthsu likes this.
    07-02-13 01:58 PM
    What time frame is your chart?
    Hi Greywolf; 15 minute chart; starts on June 28. You can't see the chandle from June 27, because of the massive drop.
    07-02-13 02:00 PM
    So how many more shares are you going to buy?
    07-02-13 02:09 PM
    Hi guys,

I just picked up some more cash and buildings for their market value plus there was some patents and such inside.

Best part is, I found out there was also a growing business inside of it!

SP is currently 61% cash.
    07-02-13 02:10 PM
    As I'm trying to understand and learn from the recent share price action, I wanted to say thank you again to the posters here for their insights.

It seems very, very difficult to tell if the action is a) justified based on the company's prospects, b) an over-reaction, or c) part of a greater strategy by large investors that doesn't actually say much about the company's prospects. But then again, I suppose that's just part of investing - analysis based on incomplete knowledge.

I would love to think that large investors are at this point still shaking out weaker hands to buy more shares cheaply, but that's just speculation. While I'm at it, I'll also say that I'd love for the share price to stabilize in the 11 or 12 dollar range for a while. As frustrated and put-off by the earnings call as I was, I still have a hard time believing the results and the tone were worth this much of a drop. But I'm sure the history of investing has had millions of people say that...

Thanks again.
    I do not think that it was just the poor sales that hurt BBRY. I think it was the expectations due to TH saying all was well when it was not. That caused the crash of BBRY. What I find even more frighting is a lack of a quick response from Blackberry on their plans to turn things around.
    take99, 1stTry and Reed Richards like this.
    07-02-13 02:14 PM
    So how many more shares are you going to buy?
    what ever $37,000 Canadian can buy under $10. gonna need to see when it is exhausted. should be soon. i already have over 14,000 average around $12
    dusdal likes this.
    07-02-13 02:14 PM
    Below $10 omg this is depressing

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:19 PM
    what ever $37,000 Canadian can buy under $10. gonna need to see when it is exhausted. should be soon. i already have over 14,000 average around $12
    wow, that's goldy gonades ...
    Ok folks (not targeted to you sidhuk), remember with such amounts you should/may/could consider multiple stocks.
    07-02-13 02:19 PM
    Ya, insider manufacturing info was spot on last quarter.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:20 PM
    Hey, its not going to matter if BlackBerry has to drop all of the subs in Egypt now! Bears will run with that one too, let's wait a month ..................
    sidhuk likes this.
    07-02-13 02:20 PM
    I do not think that it was just the poor sales that hurt BBRY. I think it was the expectations due to TH saying all was well when it was not. That caused the crash of BBRY. What I find even more frighting is a lack of a quick response from Blackberry on their plans to turn things around.
    IMO, even blackberry had shown 10cent profit in q1, the stock would have been punished regardless.
    morganplus8, zyben and spike12 like this.
    07-02-13 02:22 PM
113,256 ... 14811482148314841485 ...