• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    jfjfjfjffk
    This is crackberry.com, not crack.com
    07-02-13 09:50 AM
    Attachment 178250

The only thing this chart shows me is a gap down... the market hates a gap (and may try and fill it sometime in the future). Outside of that, all you’re looking for is a possible support level... is around $8.50 on August 10th 2012. That resistance level was tested again in early October. Resistance became support in early-mid November, from that point, prices rallied higher....

$8.50 support area.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    07-02-13 09:53 AM
    Ditto. We'll learn together =)
    I have a highly recommended book at home. Just need to start reading it.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:59 AM
    Forgot the article with the cool picture!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dod-blackberry.jpg

BlackBerry Z10, Q10 and PlayBook get DoD approval

BlackBerry Z10, Q10 and PlayBook get DoD approval

The average consumer may be able to thumb through FCC filings to get a peek at their next smartphone, but certain government employee's hopes lie in the hands of another agency: the US Department of Defense. Good news for federally employed BlackBerry fans, then -- the company just announced that BlackBerry 10 smartphones and PlayBook tablets running Enterprise Service 10 have been added to the Defense Information Systems Agency's approved product list. Finally, DoD employees can toss out that aging BB7 handset and pick up a modern OS.

"BlackBerry 10 is ideal for our government customers because it offers a rich, highly responsive mobile computing experience, along with BlackBerry's proven and validated security model – a combination that's unmatched in the industry," said Scott Totzke, SVP, BlackBerry Security at BlackBerry. "This approval will enable DoD customers to connect their BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 smartphones to DoD networks and securely access assets from work, while enjoying the wealth of consumer-oriented functionality that BlackBerry 10 brings to market."
    07-02-13 10:17 AM
    Attachment 178250

The only thing this chart shows me is a gap down... the market hates a gap (and may try and fill it sometime in the future). Outside of that, all you’re looking for is a possible support level... is around $8.50 on August 10th 2012. That resistance level was tested again in early October. Resistance became support in early-mid November, from that point, prices rallied higher....

$8.50 support area.
    I agree. This is where we are headed. Wont even think about adding until we break $9
    07-02-13 10:40 AM
    Good morning everyone! Not sure what's expected regarding the SP other than some news driving it one way or another. I hope everyone has a productive day and maybe we'll get something positive regarding BBRY.
    lcjr!

Question for you! The DoD shows 471,000 BlackBerry phones as active at this time, what is your opinion on how many of those using the old BB's would like to stay with BlackBerry? We know that you would be handed a true smartphone that isn't dumbed down like Android would be, or for that matter, even iPhone would be very restricted in terms of iTunes and iOS 6.0. Given the restrictions, what is likely to be the outcome going forward? Thanks guy!
    07-02-13 10:45 AM
    There was a good question in another thread. I can't find the info myself on the interwebs.

I see the street's consensus for earnings is Q2/Q3/Q4 of .07/.08/.04, which I personally think is much too high. Particularly given their Q2 guidance, I would expect this to change with forthcoming downgrades.

As for the info that I wasn't able to find. What is the street's consensus for units shipped for Q2/3/4?
    07-02-13 10:59 AM
    Closer to 3.5m. I'd be happy with 3.3-3.4 for now.

It is nice that revs finally went up instead of down though.

A year from now I'd like it to be approaching 4m.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, those seem like reasonably achievable figures. FWIW, I have 3.4 for Q2 and a (rounded-up) 4 million for Q4 with what I think are fairly conservative bb10 sales.
    07-02-13 11:01 AM
    man we are below $10....
    07-02-13 11:04 AM
    Oh, the horror. When will this selling stop?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-02-12.04.26-pm.png
    07-02-13 11:04 AM
    lcjr, if I'm not confused, you are a G3 guy at Fort Bliss, right? I think people shouldn't be asking you for insight on DoD. Heck, you aren't even a G6 guy.
    07-02-13 11:13 AM
    Oh crap, below $10 and falling.
    Street estimates going out to Q115:

Attachment 178282
    dusdal likes this.
    Share price doesn�t have to be �driven back� within the bands especially in periods of high volatility. Some traders sell when prices break through the bands, not buy in hopes of seeing a retracement. If you�re going to talk about technical analyis at least get it right... what's the price action telling you?
    Hi Greywulf,

It seems as though you have a different interpretation here. I'm sure you can express it more constructively and tactfully. Would love to hear your interpretation of this bollinger bands breakout.
    07-02-13 11:14 AM
    lcjr!

Question for you! The DoD shows 471,000 BlackBerry phones as active at this time, what is your opinion on how many of those using the old BB's would like to stay with BlackBerry? We know that you would be handed a true smartphone that isn't dumbed down like Android would be, or for that matter, even iPhone would be very restricted in terms of iTunes and iOS 6.0. Given the restrictions, what is likely to be the outcome going forward? Thanks guy!
    These are very interesting questions. Since we're not in the middle of the process and not "in the know" and we're still in the approval phase and not in the implementation phase, almost everything now is pure speculation.. However, we can look at some of this:

471,000 is too low a number of Blackberry phones currently being utilized. The D0D is freaking huge and each Branch (Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, NG. AR) uses Blackberry exclusively right now within the US. Those DoD personnel overseas use 90% Blackberry and 10% other brand (guessing here) because some local markets don't offer Blackberry. I used a Sony and Motorolla a few years ago there in Germany. Plus, you have to count those deployed to our contingency operations around the world. Maybe the 471,000 represents a snapshot of US usage only. I would say now that everyone understands the restrictions and that they won't get what they thought they would with other brands, everyone will want to stick with Blackberry. At least everyone in the IT field I know only wants Blackberry on the servers because of risks we are not willing to accept.

What type phone is DoD using now?? Right now even our government issued Blackberry (9900/9930) devices are scaled down. Camera is inactivated, no surfing the web capability, no BBM, No Blackberry World (apps), no iTunes for the non-BB devices overseas or other media opportunities, etc. There may be some out there not scaled down, but those would be special allowances or exceptions.

What will the BYOD customers get?? Not what they thought they'd get. They'll only be able to do what ALL the approved devices can do together. The device may say Apple and Samsung on it, but it won't do what the user would expect. They won't get what they were crying for, not on our defense servers! The question we now have is with the Blackberry 10 ability to divide the phone into personal and business. With this the user can have the best of both worlds. We'll have to see what's allowed with this amazing opportunity.

Way forward? I think we'll see several devices never before allowed on a defense server up and running on it next year. But at the same time those devices will ALL be alike as far as capabilities because they will ALL be tied into the same defense server, controlled by regulatory guidance. Exception pending for BB 10 devices.

This is a lot and only my opinion, but this is based on my experience and what I see here in the DoD today.
    07-02-13 11:16 AM
    Wow! $9.81 low so far.
    07-02-13 11:17 AM
    lcjr, if I'm not confused, you are a G3 guy at Fort Bliss, right? I think people shouldn't be asking you for insight on DoD. Heck, you aren't even a G6 guy.
    They don't ask for DoD insight other than what I have seen or experinced that is not classified information. Don't have to be a G6 guy to answer questions about what's happening around the DoD that's not classified regarding the mobility plan. Also, if you recall, some of my best friends are within the G6 and/or IMO. Should anybody ask something they shouldn't, I let them know this respectfully.
    07-02-13 11:20 AM
    Am I crazy for wanting to buy some March 2014 $25 Leaps? LOL. So cheap at 13cents
    07-02-13 11:22 AM
    Got to hit margins hasn't it? Surely a reaction to slow movement of inventory - I would think this was in place before the EC, so when Heins was warning about another bad quarter to come I wonder if he was trying to start building a narrative around the hit they will take to reduce inventory?
    Is "paint it black" the opposite of "paint it pink" ?
    cgk, is there anything that could find grace in your eyes ?
    This is a smart move and you have to connect it to the global trade-in program that BlackBerry is setting up.

I have to say we have a similar program running in France (just discovered it).
    SFR, again. �50 + value of traded device (not specifically BB) discount on Z or Q.
    07-02-13 11:22 AM
    These are very interesting questions. Since we're not in the middle of the process and not "in the know" and we're still in the approval phase and not in the implementation phase, almost everything now is pure speculation.. However, we can look at some of this:

471,000 is too low a number of Blackberry phones currently being utilized. The D0D is freaking huge and each Branch (Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, NG. AR) uses Blackberry exclusively right now within the US. Those DoD personnel overseas use 90% Blackberry and 10% other brand (guessing here) because some local markets don't offer Blackberry. I used a Sony and Motorolla a few years ago there in Germany. Plus, you have to count those deployed to our contingency operations around the world. Maybe the 471,000 represents a snapshot of US usage only. I would say now that everyone understands the restrictions and that they won't get what they thought they would with other brands, everyone will want to stick with Blackberry. At least everyone in the IT field I know only wants Blackberry on the servers because of risks we are not willing to accept.

What type phone is DoD using now?? Right now even our government issued Blackberry (9900/9930) devices are scaled down. Camera is inactivated, no surfing the web capability, no BBM, No Blackberry World (apps), no iTunes for the non-BB devices overseas or other media opportunities, etc. There may be some out there not scaled down, but those would be special allowances or exceptions.

What will the BYOD customers get?? Not what they thought they'd get. They'll only be able to do what ALL the approved devices can do together. The device may say Apple and Samsung on it, but it won't do what the user would expect. They won't get what they were crying for, not on our defense servers! The question we now have is with the Blackberry 10 ability to divide the phone into personal and business. With this the user can have the best of both worlds. We'll have to see what's allowed with this amazing opportunity.

Way forward? I think we'll see several devices never before allowed on a defense server up and running on it next year. But at the same time those devices will ALL be alike as far as capabilities because they will ALL be tied into the same defense server, controlled by regulatory guidance. Exception pending for BB 10 devices.

This is a lot and only my opinion, but this is based on my experience and what I see here in the DoD today.

I can't think of a better person to ask so thank you for that detailed appraisal. I still feel good about the direction BlackBerry is capable of going in this area. It is nice to hear this from an actual user of the product too!
    dusdal, jxnb and rarsen like this.
    07-02-13 11:23 AM
    guys, start using your ignore features please. We cant respond to a report every 15 minutes from this thread. You dont want the moderation staff to close the thread so please use the ignore function if you can.
    morganplus8, psy fi and rarsen like this.
    07-02-13 11:23 AM
    The primary problem with Bollinger Bands are designed to capture a fairly large chunk of price movement, or said another way, the price action is supposed to stay within a range for the most part.

When the price moves outside or those bands... or in this case, completely falls out of bed, the Bollinger bands become meaningless. The bands (depending on the setting of your moving averages) will slowly reflect the new change in prices as it picks up new days.

So there isn’t necessarily a snap back that has to occur within the band because price can do anything it wants... it can drop to $5/share and $6 can become the new upper bounder and $4 can become the new lower boundary.

I suggest looking at support and resistance levels to get a general idea of where prices are going and technical analysis is pretty useless right now.

Sit on your hands and wait to see what happens... this is where you pair the technical w/ the fundamental... event risk coming up.. Nokia’s earning (they compete w/ blackberry at the low end in the same regions) and shareholder meetings...
    07-02-13 11:24 AM
    Is "paint it black" the opposite of "paint it pink" ?
    cgk, is there anything that could find grace in your eyes ?
    This is a smart move and you have to connect it to the global trade-in program that BlackBerry is setting up.

I have to say we have a similar program running in France (just discovered it).
    SFR, again. €50 + value of traded device (not specifically BB) discount on Z or Q.

Hah - that's fair - I just call it as I see it, I see a lot of quibbling around the edges edge about various things and people looking deeply into all sorts of charts and tell stories about how some dude they knew bought a z10/q10 but really for me there is only question I'm interested in - can they sell high volumes of phones at decent margins - if the answer is yes then they will rise again but currently the answer seems to be no - everything is window-dressings.
    Last edited by cgk; 07-02-13 at 11:29 AM. Reason: typo/clarification
    07-02-13 11:26 AM
    I was walking by an executive's office at work and looked on his assistant's desk and there I saw a Q10. She was setting it up for her boss. I asked to check it out and she started showing me stuff. It is just a very nice looking and feeling phone.

I'm bummed about the stock losses I have suffered in the last week, but man I still want to go out and get a Q10!
    morganplus8, Bugmapper and psy fi like this.
    07-02-13 11:26 AM
    They don't ask for DoD insight other than what I have seen or experinced that is not classified information. Don't have to be a G6 guy to answer questions about what's happening around the DoD that's not classified regarding the mobility plan. Also, if you recall, some of my best friends are within the G6 and/or IMO. Should anybody ask something they shouldn't, I let them know this respectfully.
    I wasn't referring to classified. I was more in reference to IT not being your area. I think some people might be taking your posting as "inside" information and giving it more weight than it is due. That's all.
    lcjr and CDM76 like this.
    07-02-13 11:28 AM
113,256 ... 14781479148014811482 ...