View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    does anyone have an in depth knowledge of the MDM industry?

How does BES 10 stack up against competition?

There seem to be a large number of new companies coming up in this space that support a number of platforms, airwatch, mobile iron, etc etc.
    07-01-13 06:25 AM
    All this MDM and M2M is very interesting but the real problem is that it is not ramping quick enough to offset the declining headset market - which gets a bit tricky for BBRY - do they spend cash to prop up the handset or doubling-down on the software side, they don't have a particularly large cash pot (not for the sector) so something has to give.
    07-01-13 06:37 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-kantar-june-report.png

Kantar June report for 3 months ending in May is out. No evidence of BB traction in US, UK or Europe in general.
    News - Samsung, 50% share in Europe as Apple powers back in the US - Kantar Worldpanel
    07-01-13 06:57 AM
    I do think the Q5 has a lot of potential. It's something that they relate to, and at the same time, something new.
    They just need to market the NEW part aggressively, highlighting all the features that BB10 offers.
    They should target parents also, because of the parental feature, I would love to get my son one in the United States but that's wishful thinking

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    07-01-13 07:03 AM
    They should target parents also, because of the parental feature, I would love to get my son one in the United States but that's wishful thinking

We started discussing this a couple of pages ago - this is not going to be a big seller with children/teenagers or parents buying for teenagers - it is simply too expensive - if they buy blackberry devices it will continue to be cheapo curves. It is more likely to be popular with current adult blackberry users who can't afford or don't want to pay for a Q10.
    07-01-13 07:13 AM
    This article states that Blackberry doesn't need the financial markets and could go private if they wished. I wonder how much us shareholders would get if they went private.

The Hidden Message in BlackBerry
    Jahcure likes this.
    07-01-13 07:29 AM
    Most parents I know get kids cheap phones that are often not smartphones.

And many are just hand me downs.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:29 AM
    Oh, that's why no one is posting premarket quotes.

Posted via CB10
    psy fi likes this.
    07-01-13 07:30 AM
    We started discussing this a couple of pages ago - this is not going to be a big seller with children/teenagers or parents buying for teenagers - it is simply too expensive - if they buy blackberry devices it will continue to be cheapo curves. It is more likely to be popular with current adult blackberry users who can't afford or don't want to pay for a Q10.
    well thats good to, I hope all ages groups buy one ..

07-01-13 07:32 AM
    well thats good to, I hope all ages groups buy one ..

Maybe, it has another problem in that last year's hero phones (Samsung S3) are now sold against it as direct competition plus there is a growing argument that this is going to be a really bad summer for mobile sales leading to a glut on the market (which in turn will hit margins).
    bbmotion likes this.
    07-01-13 07:34 AM
    Anyone expecting BBRY to come out with some positive statement today? A date for BBM cross platform, anything to stop the bleeding.
    07-01-13 07:35 AM
    Anyone expecting BBRY to come out with some positive statement today? A date for BBM cross platform, anything to stop the bleeding.
    Doubt it, this company does not know how to control bad news, they always let it spiral out of control.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:42 AM
    Canucks, enjoy the holiday. It is what it is for today.

Happy Canada Day!
    07-01-13 07:52 AM
    Maybe, it has another problem in that last year's hero phones (Samsung S3) are now sold against it as direct competition plus there is a growing argument that this is going to be a really bad summer for mobile sales leading to a glut on the market (which in turn will hit margins).
    I think there were too many new "super" phones this summer. I've been seeing a number of carrier specials here in the US on the new HTC and Samsung devices. Don't think it is really a reflection on those devices, but on the market.
    07-01-13 08:00 AM
    I think there were too many new "super" phones this summer. I've been seeing a number of carrier specials here in the US on the new HTC and Samsung devices. Don't think it is really a reflection on those devices, but on the market.
    Yeah, we could be in for a black summer, when you are already sub-scale and struggling like BBRY is that could be a problem - especially for a company trying to push up margins.
    07-01-13 08:04 AM
    07-01-13 08:11 AM
    From their previous article:

We believe the Verizon customer reviews tell us the truth about consumer opinion on the Q10. Therefore, we think the very last available shares to borrow are being strategically used by short sellers to bewilder investors on what's happening behind the scenes at BBRY. The answer to that question is simple: They are selling smartphones, millions of them.
    so I'd take their 'advice' with a pinch of salt...
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-01-13 08:15 AM
    From their previous article:

so I'd take their 'advice' with a pinch of salt...
    Never called it advice friend...just interesting.
    07-01-13 08:17 AM
    Typically the share price will stay down today to force the margin accounts. It's a holiday in Canada so the margin accounts there will be dealt with tomorrow, so same story. Wednesday is a half market day in the US with a holiday the next day. You won't see anything positive until at least Friday. And maybe not even then. Possibly the ninth, at the AGM, we'll get something encouraging. IMHO
    07-01-13 08:21 AM
    Canada is closed for a Holiday Today
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-01-13 08:32 AM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    blackberry better start spending some of that cash asap to ramp up software releases and so on ... time is not on their side ...
    07-01-13 08:33 AM
    Most parents I know get kids cheap phones that are often not smartphones.

And many are just hand me downs.

Posted via CB10
    Verizon gives away iPhone 4..all the kids have them in my area..my kids wouldn't want BlackBerry because of the lack of apps

They look at my Z10 as an old lady phone bec it doesn't even have instagram.

Z10
    07-01-13 08:40 AM
    Good morning everyone!

Yes, that was the best article I have read all weekend and there are plenty of them. We now have all of our "fav" analysts lowering their targets for BBRY this morning so it is nice to get that out of the way too. All that is left now is to finish off the margin calls this morning and hopefully we can start to rebuild from here. A lot has been said by our group over the weekend and man are there some great posters here! I couldn't post for a couple of days because I was with a large Corp lawyer in our city at the time. The good news is that his firm is all BlackBerry BB10 / Q10, .... more about that later. Oh, no chart needed today.

So while I couldn't post to the board without going for a divorce, I was able to sneak peeks at this thread as my friend had to do the same with work. I want to thank many of you for supporting my work on this board against an "Android Fanboy", thanks for that. I simply can't mention all of the legal issues we talked about regarding BlackBerry but I can mention that my friend had nothing but high praise for BlackBerry and their products. Their firm went all in with security and phones and said that it was no contest. He mentioned that BlackBerry is all about business and couldn't remember seeing any other phone out there, that's in his work environment. That's a great vote of confidence for BB at the end of it all. The rest of the time, we talked about corporate structure, how they operate as an entity and legal issues of the business model. He knows a ton of information about the company.

Getting back to us, the shareholders, we are taking the hit we all expected to happen this morning. What matters is where we are after 2:00 PM today. We need to see all the margin calls over with or at least minimal so they can be absorbed into the trade. I'm looking at volume and a snap back in the price of the stock showing us that the buy/sell volume is starting to balance out, that's the first sign of the bottom here. At $ 10.00/shr I would think there is plenty of new money moving in, I think shorts love the price, and, Prem must love the price knowing the financial metrics of the company and its future prospects.

Finally, I know, it is a sad day when analysts get their hopes up too high and then learn they were all wrong again, the only thing left for them to do is to punish the price of the stock. They have done that now and we should have our base level soon.

PS. dusdal, I'm loving your posts, very interesting stuff here! A special thanks for getting it right on my behave, I don't tell you the price the stock is going to is "A", I try to tell you what the computer driven TA traders are doing and what the potential in any direction is. So thanks for pointing that out!

Good luck to all, let's get past the first couple of hours here.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 07-01-13 at 08:51 AM.
    07-01-13 08:41 AM
    TH is incompetent imo. He did a great job in slashing costs and workforce but that is it. He has been a big fail at every single event.
    07-01-13 08:41 AM
    Not likely until after the Annual Meeting takes place and they are voted back into the company again complete with extremely low cost Stock Options! Seems fair doesn't it? It's business.
    07-01-13 08:43 AM
113,250 ... 14681469147014711472 ...