View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nothing better than an early Sunday morning Fishing Derby!
    06-30-13 06:22 AM
    I appreciate the work but you have posted so many charts proclaiming that the stock will rise above 15 soon... I'm starting to get numb
    I get pretty upset at messages like this. M8 has been providing professional information for free and you farking complain about it?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 06-30-13 at 07:23 AM.
    06-30-13 06:28 AM
    I get pretty upset at messages like. M8 has been providing professional information for free and you farking complain about it?

Posted via CB10
    I agree. investing is all educated speculation as it is and I think Morgan has done a great job presenting pretty unbiased technical data for us for free. keep it coming is what I say!
    06-30-13 06:56 AM
    F1 about to start at Silverstone in England....BlackBerry / Mercedes is front row...GO TEAM.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 07:01 AM
    [...] I'm wondering what the chance of them beginning to burn cash this quarter is that would be disastrous.
    They won't BURN more cash than they did in the 2 previous quarters (when they raised it) but we can expect they INVEST a big portion into promotion and incentives.
    I for one pray for a aggressive trade program, to speed the BB10 adoption by current BB7 owners. Let's see ...

Edit : oh, and add some kind of compensation for PB owners, while @ it
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-30-13 at 07:15 AM.
    06-30-13 07:04 AM
    the shorts win again.

if you support bb, buy the product, not the stock. last thing fanboys should invest in is their own company's stock.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    06-30-13 07:08 AM
    Exactly...I had a friend ask on FB what she should get in July...Another iPhone or an Android...well 20 comments later I suggested there was a third alternative that was pretty good too..

This is what BlackBerry has to battle and target a massive campaign towards.
    Let people know there is a third option...just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    And it says something when many (most?) people's favourite ads are made by fans, and not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    06-30-13 07:09 AM
    the shorts win again.
    if you support bb, buy the product, not the stock. last thing fanboys should invest in is their own company's stock.
    We do both ...
    2 PlayBooks, 1 Q10, 1 Z10, 1 9320, 1 9900 all paid in full
    1 Z10, 1 Z10LTE offered by BB.
    Can't do much more
    06-30-13 07:12 AM
    We do both ...
    Can't do much more
    2 Z10s and 3 PlayBooks here.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-30-13 07:22 AM
    Hi Blackberry...
    Make a BlackBerry Communicator.

via CB10 w/ Z10. I drink HiOz.

Did it, had it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-30-13 07:26 AM
    the shorts win again.

This battle maybe . . . . . not the war!
    Superfly_FR, rarsen and Compaqee like this.
    06-30-13 07:26 AM

BlackBerry is still alive.

The cake is a lie though.
    06-30-13 07:30 AM
    We do both ...
    Can't do much more
    6 Z10, 1 Q10, 8 9900, 3 9810 and 8 PlayBooks all paid in full in the last 2 years.

I have lots of skin in this game too.
    06-30-13 07:30 AM
    the shorts win again.

same here I own and buy stocks. 1 soon to be 2 playbooks. a white z10 on ordershould be here in a week. and for my wife a q 10 when prices drop some
    06-30-13 07:36 AM

BlackBerry is still alive.

The cake is a lie though.
    Exactly ! Thats it! Never mind Siri.. BlackBerry needs to hire GLaDOS for our voice commands.

Edit... and our official spokesperson.

Double edit... dammit, why can't BlackBerry do things like this....

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-30-13 07:42 AM
    I don't agree with all these comments in here about people on this forum acting irresponsibly, not taking the bear case seriously and so on. The fact is, some very good analysts such as Misek were proven wrong. Those who invested in BBRY such as myself did so knowing there was real risk that the sp could fall dramatically. I mean, we are not dealing with a blue chip company here. BBRY is more like a volatile start up. People like myself invested anyway because we, and many analysts, though that there was great upside potential. Maybe that's still true. The fact is, no one can be absolutely certain about the outcome when buying a stock. Even people like Warren Buffett and Prem Watsa make mistakes. Hopefully BBRY wouldn't turn out to be a mistake in the long run, but that could still turn out to be the outcome.
    06-30-13 07:43 AM
    I still think everyone freaking out is being a little short sighted.

Sure, there's only about 3.7 million BB10 devices in the wild up to the beginning of June. But that's 3.7 million users who will become walking advertisements. The Q5 will only make this happen faster.

Patience is a virtue lost on the modern man.
    06-30-13 08:06 AM
    And BlackBerry / Mercedes wins at Silverstone.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, W Hoa, dusdal and 2 others like this.
    06-30-13 08:38 AM
    Even people like Warren Buffett and Prem Watsa make mistakes. Hopefully BBRY wouldn't turn out to be a mistake in the long run, but that could still turn out to be the outcome.
    Worth emphasizing yet again, that Watsa's horizon on this investment is at least two years out. This drop is a relatively minor setback along the road to his expected gains.

Quoting from morlock_man's post just below the one above: "Patience is a virtue lost on the modern man."
    06-30-13 08:40 AM
    BlackBerry on 1st at Silverstone!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 08:42 AM
    BlackBerry on 1st at Silverstone!

Posted via CB10
    lol....they seem to be getting some bang for the buck of advertising budget....not sure if people will look at BB logo or Nico Rosberg?
    06-30-13 08:47 AM
    lol....they seem to be getting some bang for the buck of advertising budget....not sure if people will look at BB logo or Nico Rosberg?
    maybe its where I'm from but I don't know anyone that follows these races....
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-30-13 09:45 AM
    Why do you think BlackBerry decided to announce that they will no longer provide subscriber numbers? By the next ER, bbm channels should have been released and gone cross platform and under the company's new subscriber definition IOS and DROID users of bbm should be considered BlackBerry subscribers too.

I just had a thought that maybe the anticipated loss of subscribers next ER will greatly exceed the anticipated number of bbm installs on IOS and DROID.
    06-30-13 10:07 AM
    Just wondering if my understanding is correct and I apologise if this has already been mentioned. Was FCF this quarter helped by about 400m of tax refunds and was this a one off? In which case FCF isn't as good as we (or I) was thinking?

Just wanted to clarify as I'm wondering what the chance of them beginning to burn cash this quarter is that would be disastrous.

Posted via CB10
    I read this but for the life of me can not verify. There was an income tax return, yes. Taxes receivable did not change which is strange to me. But taxes receivable did drop greatly.
    06-30-13 10:16 AM
    No sales is to the carries, this is the way they always report. When os7 products were not being sold to the carrier, but there was a significant # of phones sold to paying customers. The number reported was the number of phones shipped to carriers. The lower number.

For all kinds of accounting reasons this makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I'm an accountant. There are no good reasons o report other than sales. And it is clear that my earlier post is correct, they are shipping to channel stuff and recognizing revenue when the product is actually accepted by the customer.

Different timing. Which is clear from the earnings report.
    06-30-13 10:20 AM
113,256 ... 14631464146514661467 ...