View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think your logic is flawless but the shorts are faulty. What I mean by this is that the shorts might hold out for more profit, so I don't know that we're going to see the kind of covering we would like to see. Of course, some shorts will buy-to-cover but some longs ("weak hands") will also sell as the stock price recovers. Short buying (covering) coupled with long selling could cancel-out each other.
    Now my head hurts. :sly:
    YangFui likes this.
    06-29-13 07:40 PM
    If this story ends well we can definitely tell our (grand) children 'we earned it' :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:57 PM
    I appreciate the work but you have posted so many charts proclaiming that the stock will rise above 15 soon... I'm starting to get numb
    Your choice to look at the charts or not.

Most here do appreciate having them posted so we can study and learn about TA.

Again, your choice and this thread is about much more than just one person.

Is there a number that you would find less numbing? :-)
    06-29-13 08:07 PM
    It would be interesting to know if BB even looks into this forum to see what we are feeling and thinking. If not, where are they getting their customer feedback from, besides their website?

Also, I wonder if he actually looked in here to see the reaction the the ER.
    They definitely check these forums. I have tweeted them numerous times and they've told me (tweeted me back) saying they are already following these threads (threads in my signature).

But what pisses me off is that it seems like they have their own list of stuff to do. They follow these threads for ****s and giggles but in the end they do NOT act on end-user feedback. I have not seen them prioritize feature-requests based on feedback here. They seem to go by their own list.

And really, all they need to do is - prioritize feature-requests coming directly from end users. If they do that, they'll make us all very happy and we'll (in turn) SELL like HELL!

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    06-29-13 08:08 PM
    They definitely check these forums. I have tweeted them numerous times and they've told me (tweeted me back) saying they are already following these threads (threads in my signature).

But what pisses me off is that it seems like they have their own list of stuff to do. They follow these threads for ****s and giggles but in the end they do NOT act on end-user feedback. I have not seen them prioritize feature-requests based on feedback here. They seem to go by their own list.

And really, all they need to do is - prioritize feature-requests coming directly from end users. If they do that, they'll make us all very happy and we'll (in turn) SELL like HELL!

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    Yeah, I bet we're their laughing prod on Friday afternoons. I'm positive they don't take much serious, other than their paychecks.
    sr2w likes this.
    06-29-13 08:27 PM
    I appreciate the work but you have posted so many charts proclaiming that the stock will rise above 15 soon... I'm starting to get numb
    Don't want to answer for M+8 but I tend to believe Technical Analysis suggests the metrics of the company are on pair with their guidance and/or street expectations. It cannot predict enterprise performance. What we've seen is a raction to missed goals/expectations. But until next news, TA is relevant again because situation will be more stable.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:34 PM
    And now it's 3:39 AM WTF am I doing here ? Well... hope you all are ok... we've been counted, yet not K.O. good night fellow StockBerrians.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:41 PM
    You should read them, haha. The one you are looking at suggests a resistance at 13.50.

I don't believe he's ever proclaimed a price will come but rather posted his reasoning for why he 'thinks' it's more likely than not that the SP will move as far as xx.xx based on TA, and save for any news that may trump that.

It sure saves time to not put in all the caveats beside every post though haha.

Edit: not answering for M8 just throwing in my opinion only.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:50 PM
    Clearly how you take all this depends on what your investment horizon was.

We bought our house ten years ago, expecting to be in it for at least twenty years.

I bought my BBRY stock expecting to hold it well past yesterday, pretty much regardless of the results. (If there had been good news and a short squeeze, obviously I would have tried to tap into that a bit, since I would expect it to stay high, but that's beside the point.)

In neither case does the paper loss impact my life in any manner remotely like an actual cash loss of the same size. It's simply not the same thing.

Unless you were actually a short-term investor, or had bought too much on margin. Then I feel for you, but that was your choice to either expect to realize a profit so soon, or to over-leverage.
    Personally, I hope to hold BlackBerry for about 10 years. And I never have, or probably ever will use margin.

I accept your point about the effect of a person's time line on how they react to a significant drop. I also propose that successive drops or long periods with no roi do have an effect on long investors as well. If BlackBerry sank to $9 and stayed there for 9 years, then suddenly jumped up to $90 in the last 12 months, you could say it was a fair investment, but I think investors would make different decisions if BlackBerry just gained $8 per year and ended at $90.

I appreciate that a paper loss is not the same as a real loss, but all I am saying is it does have real world effects.

Would I like to have realized a bit of return by now, sure. I've only got 9 months in but it looks like another 6 months before I will break even. That is 15 months with no roi. That is significant.

Still long, hopefully until 2023.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    06-29-13 09:48 PM
    Just wondering what people were think would be required for bbry to move higher? Change in management? Maybe the willingness to explorer the adoption of Android OS (say the consumer division = DROID ; business division = bb10).

Other ideas.
    Deliver their products ASAP and advertise, advertise, advertise !

06-29-13 09:53 PM

And when they advertise, they need to use the NEW part in a big way.
    Somehow, people still have the image of the old BlackBerry phones etched in their minds, and they need to change that..
    Let people know that this is not the old BlackBerry with "old school" phones, but something totally different.
    The emphasis on the NEW should be even more than what they are doing now....
    06-29-13 10:36 PM
    ?????? So 150 million shares were sold. Apparently there was no stock left to for the shorters to borrow, so it must have been long shares being sold. With 200MM shares shorted there's a good chance that a lot of those sold shares had been loaned to shorters. If the shares were sold into a cash or registered account, the broker will ask the shorter to replace the borrowed shares. So if I sold 1,000,000 shares in my margin account, and were bought in a cash account, the shorter would have to buy 1,000,000 shares to replace the stock he borrowed.....That's 2 shares bought for every share sold. Shorters have 3 days to replace stock, so it could be a good week coming up. Sick of the manipulation. I'll never buy another stock that trades in NY...
    06-29-13 11:24 PM
    ?????? So 150 million shares were sold. Apparently there was no stock left to for the shorters to borrow, so it must have been long shares being sold. With 200MM shares shorted there's a good chance that a lot of those sold shares had been loaned to shorters. If the shares were sold into a cash or registered account, the broker will ask the shorter to replace the borrowed shares. So if I sold 1,000,000 shares in my margin account, and were bought in a cash account, the shorter would have to buy 1,000,000 shares to replace the stock he borrowed.....That's 2 shares bought for every share sold. Shorters have 3 days to replace stock, so it could be a good week coming up. Sick of the manipulation. I'll never buy another stock that trades in NY...
    Isn't it 9 days to cover for shorts?
    06-29-13 11:32 PM
    As in the above : M2M (Machine to Machine).
    ANY USA / Canada gov depts. My dept alone buys 5k BlackBerrys per year. But bb10 not yet available for gov use. Provinces and states are in similar boats...... still testing and implementing the new servers etc

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:32 PM

No, stop running the same god damned ad for 3 months. I see Windows phone ads and they change every 2 ******* weeks. This is what hte CMO shake up has given us? really?
    06-29-13 11:38 PM
    No, stop running the same god damned ad for 3 months. I see Windows phone ads and they change every 2 ******* weeks. This is what hte CMO shake up has given us? really?
    I agree 100%. They really need to hire a big ad firm. Who does fiat, or ford, or coca-cola use? Stop the silly ads. I don't mind the music - it is catchy for some audiences- but start changing the style. I'm certain that Business people don't relate to the ad, they need some different styles ! Obviously there is a seriously flawed ad campaign... remember that super bowl ad? What did that have to do with anything ? And way too early. It was a waste of money to be advertising back then.

06-29-13 11:58 PM
    I hope Google has this correct. Jan 2015 call, $10 strikes are $2.50 or so. Wow.

My strategy next week. If the stock goes up, do nothing. If it drops below $10, add to position.

This could be the beginning of those crazy trading days where 10% swings happened almost daily.
    06-29-13 11:59 PM

Exactly...I had a friend ask on FB what she should get in July...Another iPhone or an Android...well 20 comments later I suggested there was a third alternative that was pretty good too..

This is what BlackBerry has to battle and target a massive campaign towards.
    Let people know there is a third option...just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:12 AM
    Exactly...I had a friend ask on FB what she should get in July...Another iPhone or an Android...well 20 comments later I suggested there was a third alternative that was pretty good too..

This is what BlackBerry has to battle and target a massive campaign towards.
    Let people know there is a third option...just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    ...and let them know that the third option is as just as good, if not better, than the other two options.
    dusdal, YangFui and bungaboy like this.
    06-30-13 12:21 AM
    ...and let them know that the third option is as just as good, if not better, than the other two options.
    Yes sir...

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    06-30-13 12:26 AM
    I've stayed quite through this and for a good reason...I wanted to see anger subside to calm reason and realistic analysis.

This thread and the emotions displayed are a great measure of the broader and much larger picture of sentiment out there in the real world....very encouraging to see folks realize the reality that BlackBerry didn't do that bad...we missed but not huge and not on their projections, only analysts. I feel like we were played like an fiddle actually, but that is likely not appropriate to explain yet. Suffice to say big money won this one...and will likely win a couple more.

Personally I'm buying a few hundred calls stretched out and a bunch of leaps on Tuesday morning. ...I will balance with some puts as need be over the next quarter, while monitoring their PR closely. Just my humble position. GL.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:38 AM
    So I just received an email from my Mom... Telling me to sell! LOL. I linked her to this thread and told her to read Morgan 8's posts haha and also explained to her that if I sell now at a 10K loss I went against my long term strategy. Also, I won't be involved with any of the new initiatives BB will take in the upcoming months (BBM cross platform, BES10, Partnership!?, A10, Q5, QNX automobile,etc...)

Yes it sucks to be down a crap load, but I am able to take big risks due to the situation I'm in. If it goes to crap, well, I'll still have a roof over my head!
    06-30-13 02:18 AM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    if that communist country Venezuela paid the money owed to Blackberry .. the EPS would have been close to break even.... not so bad and on par with some expectations ....
    06-30-13 04:41 AM
    Hi everyone. Just want to ask a stupid question.

Let's say BlackBerry gets out of the phone business and let's assume zero value for BBM for argument sake. Their only realistic hope right now is the enterprise business.

Has anyone thought about how good of a competitive this business is -are there alternatives and how to they measure up against what BlackBerry is offering?

I figure for 1billion smartphone users in the world probably 5 to 10 percent of that will want some form of corporate security. But how much of that can BlackBerry get.

I think that's the question fundamental investors should ask themsekces.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 05:00 AM
    Just wondering if my understanding is correct and I apologise if this has already been mentioned. Was FCF this quarter helped by about 400m of tax refunds and was this a one off? In which case FCF isn't as good as we (or I) was thinking?

Just wanted to clarify as I'm wondering what the chance of them beginning to burn cash this quarter is that would be disastrous.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 05:02 AM
113,256 ... 14621463146414651466 ...