View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    CNBC is speculating at this price that carl icahn could possibly make a bid at these levels. Say he did would this drive the stock price back up?
    06-28-13 10:49 PM
    CNBC is speculating at this price that carl icahn could possibly make a bid at these levels. Say he did would this drive the stock price back up?
    Here's the video link: Will Icahn Bid on BlackBerry? - CNBC
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 11:02 PM
    Thanks lcjr, slipstream for the kind words.

You live and learn. Like you both said, as long as we are healthy and alive, then there will be chances to fight back whatever it may be.

Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:17 PM
    Thanks lcjr, slipstream for the kind words.

You live and learn. Like you both said, as long as we are healthy and alive, then there will be chances to fight back whatever it may be.

Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome friend. Stick with us and we'll see brighter days for sure, and we'll learn some things about trading and investing. This thread is full of brilliant people that don't mind sharing. Be a regular, you'll fit right in.
    06-28-13 11:20 PM
    Well, I went swimming and now I'm throwing darts on the new board I just made and screwed on the wall. Pretty good for a redneck, huh?? Lol
    Interesting form of recreation. Throwing darts is fun, too.
    bungaboy, cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    06-28-13 11:26 PM
    Oh yeah, those shorts would have to cover fast. At this point I think there's a whole bunch of backroom discussions happening. There are probably several interested parties who are salivating at this price and trying to decide whether to take a huge chunk, or the whole pie. Question is, will any of them pull the trigger ?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    06-28-13 11:27 PM
    My day has been so bad today. Lost money on BlackBerry. Got the news that my car won't be able to last much longer so I'm going to have to buy a new one. Lastly, my sister just got into a car accident. Thankfully no one was seriously injured.

It's been tough. Real tough for me right now.

Well, tomorrow is another day. Let us all look forward.

Posted via CB10
    Strange how those days happen. I had a similar experience 2 weeks ago where people who were calling me to give me terrible news got a busy signal because I was on the phone with somebody else who was giving me even more terrible news. Real life altering events too. Well, they say bad news comes in threes, so you and I should both be safe for a while if I include BlackBerry in my list.

lcjr, morganplus8, Korepab and 3 others like this.
    06-28-13 11:34 PM
    Interesting form of recreation. Throwing darts is fun, too.
    Thanks! Helps take your mind off troubles. I'm no pro at darts but I really like playing.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-28-13 11:35 PM
    Oh yeah, those shorts would have to cover fast. At this point I think there's a whole bunch of backroom discussions happening. There are probably several interested parties who are salivating at this price and trying to decide whether to take a huge chunk, or the whole pie. Question is, will any of them pull the trigger ?

Don't see that happening though. I was chatting with CJ about the company supposedly getting a DoD contract. Seems BB may be a partner with them in this MDM venture. I think there is something we don't know that will soon come to light, and I mean a good thing.
    06-28-13 11:38 PM
    I believe, BBRY will rise...
    The Key is customer satisfaction.

via CB10 w/ Z10. I drink HiOz.
    lcjr likes this.
    06-28-13 11:45 PM
    I have to disagree with you here. With an unsecure LOC you are ONLY tied to a monthly interest payment. IF you miss a payment, of course they're going come knocking. If you have your interest payment in pre-scheduled monthly payback installments, there's zero chance of recall. No insanity here. We just give ourselves a loan without tying up other cash reserves and wait for our investments to come around. No brainer really.
    A LOC is a perpetual "on demand" loan. In Canada, during the credit lockup -- thankfully -- Canadian banks did not recall portions of credit lines that were in deficit, but they did prohibit any additional borrowing for many clients. In the UK, which is a comparable nation, banks were in such bad shape they recalled outstanding debit balances, which led to foreclosures, albeit, it was a rarity.

You might think it can't happen here, but something like this can easily happen once in a hundred years, and no one ever expects it. The chance of a catastrophic financial crisis occurring in any given year is never less than 1%. Not likely, but possible.

And if you think in such an eventuality that your bank won't recall a LOC and foreclose on your house then I've got a great deal on some DSC mutual funds that you should hear about.
    06-28-13 11:46 PM
    Have a nice weekend folks wherever you are, I'm trying real hard to not read between the lines as some of us are down quite a bit. Trying to find the positives and spend time with my little daughter as life seems much simple with her instead of worry about what had already happened.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 11:47 PM
    I believe, BBRY will rise...
    The Key is customer satisfaction.

What's with all the kitty and cat avatars??? Lol. Gregg, Korepab, you, and others. Lol
    Korepab, bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    06-28-13 11:48 PM
    A couple of months back I wrote that I thought that indirect insiders would sell or buy before us retail investors would be in the know. I was told that technical analysis takes insider knowledge into account. Sorry, I just do not think that technical analysis helps when it comes to highly speculative stock like BBRY.
    06-28-13 11:49 PM
    Have a nice weekend folks wherever you are, I'm trying real hard to not read between the lines as some of us are down quite a bit. Trying to find the positives and spend time with my little daughter as life seems much simple with her instead of worry about what had already happened.
    That's what I'm talking about!! Have a great but safe weekend friend.
    abouthsu likes this.
    06-28-13 11:49 PM
    Don't see that happening though. I was chatting with CJ about the company supposedly getting a DoD contract. Seems BB may be a partner with them in this MDM venture. I think there is something we don't know that will soon come to light, and I mean a good thing.
    Realistically I cant see BlackBerry getting shut out of all u.s. And Canadian government and military contracts. They will win some for sure. It is just hard to listen to the silence right now.

I have another investment that I need to take a position in within the next 90 days or so. A little rebound in BlackBerry would really help, otherwise I may have to use more cash, which I don't want to do. Dangit.

lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 11:50 PM
    What's with all the kitty and cat avatars??? Lol. Gregg, Korepab, you, and others. Lol
    It's Cute, isn't it?

plane6065 and Korepab like this.
    06-28-13 11:51 PM
    A couple of months back I wrote that I thought that indirect insiders would sell or buy before us retail investors would be in the know. I was told that technical analysis takes insider knowledge into account. Sorry, I just do not think that technical analysis helps when it comes to highly speculative stock like BBRY.
    Unfortunately there is the obstacle in investing regarding insider trading and/or investing. There's no way major investors in a stock aren't collaborating to make money. The true trick is to know the winning side or objective and play along, but that takes a lot of research.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-28-13 11:53 PM
    Hmmmm... I'll take that as a hint....

lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 11:53 PM
    Im going to the shooting range tomorrow lol nothing relieves stress than blasting off a few shotgun shells!

Thanks! Helps take your mind off troubles. I'm no pro at darts but I really like playing.
    lcjr, morganplus8, Korepab and 1 others like this.
    06-28-13 11:54 PM
    Why would anyone takeover the company now, when no one tried when it was at $6 last year.

sentimentGX4 and m1a1mg like this.
    Ok so the co that got the dod contract lists bbry as one of their partners along with fixmo, airwatch and others so it could be that Bes10 will still be utilised. To what extent we will have to wait and see.

Partners - DMI
    I don't think the shorts have covered yet. Right, Morgan, YangFui, CJ, LC?
    Hi JLagoon,

I thought I would try to answer your question about where we are with all of this nonsense today. Here is the chart of BBRY going back to the beginning of 2012.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-29-2013-chart.jpg

In this chart, I have circled the only drops that we have witnessed where the stock drops outside the Bollinger Bands like we did today. In the three cases that occurred prior to today, none of them were as over sold, as of the close we got this afternoon. When you look above at their respective RSI(s) none of those blowouts resulted in the RSI dropping deep into an oversold position. In our case today, the RSI(14) = 25.89 and the Bollinger Bands closed at $ 12.12/shr meaning that something has to give here. Either the Bands need to catch up with the price of the stock, or, the stock needs to rally quickly and get back into the Bands. I see the stock jumping back inside the bands.

The next chart shows you that every time the stock gets near or into the oversold RSI levels below 30, we immediately snap back within a day or two:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-29a-2013-chart.jpg

In some cases, the sell-offs aren't nearly as high as ours (26%) and their bounce is only 10 to 15 %, but a sell-off like this one is often going to result in us going much higher. I mentioned it has been a year since we have been this deeply oversold.

The next chart is the one we used to determine that we were in a Pennant Formation and about to breakout in one powerful direction:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-29b-2013-chart.jpg

As you can see by the RSI line above (see the line dip towards RSI =30 and bounce again), we never did get below the RSI (14) = 30 mark this year. Today we are deep into that level. We in fact dropped right back down to the extreme levels of late December 2012. What happened back then was one more day of finding our footing and then a major pop in the stock.

My conclusion today:

I think we are grossly oversold, I think we tracked a very narrow range once we hit the lows, without a pop all day suggesting that big money was there to support the stock and that money wants to pop it ASAP and take profits at a higher level. I think we can easily go up 15% in the near term, possibly Tuesday of this coming week. We will then have put in a bottom and will likely have to test the low again before confirming the bottom. The range for the stock is now todays low and the Pennant line as resistance. And so we can be driven back up to $ 13.50/shr at best on any good news. It would take great news for us to move back into the Pennant again.

Did some shorts cover? Sure, a very small percentage of shorts covered today. The stock was held down all day to acquire stock sold to meet margins. When that source of stock dries up, we will pop, usually on the third day of a change in trend. My plan is to sell some Calls against my block of stock when the price gets above $ 12.00/shr, something that gives me the $ 13.50/shr that major resistance sits at. To sum it up, I think the bottom is in as long as the general market remains flat. I see us popping very soon so that those shares that were bought to support the stock, can be sold. We then will slip to confirm the bottom is in and go up from there. Rallies take weeks to complete and sell-offs are fast and scary and over quickly. We have a modest amount of selling to do for margin call purposes (over on Monday) and then we can rally higher from here looking for about $ 12.50/shr in the short term.
    lcjr, Kid Vibe, Bugmapper and 19 others like this.
    06-28-13 11:55 PM
    Im going to the shooting range tomorrow lol nothing relieves stress than blasting off a few shotgun shells!
    Oh heck yes!! You trying to tell me about shooting and stress relief?? Lol. I love it!! Think I'll go out into the desert tomorrow and pop off 180 rounds. Lol
    06-28-13 11:57 PM
    BlackBerry still has a tough row to hoe going forward. In its earnings statement, BlackBerry said it does not predict it will be profitable next quarter as it makes investments on pushing out new smartphones and entering new markets. The company is rumored to be developing an all-touch high end device geared towards dropping in the fall called the BlackBerry A10.

That sentence is a bit worrying to me. If there is no major news and we have a flatline SP like we have had for the last month or so... I'm kind of worried. Lets hope for some surprises.

I would love to hear a statement from Prem right about now and his thoughts... Mike L and Prem should both still have their total shares locked.
    lcjr, morganplus8, YangFui and 1 others like this.
    06-28-13 11:58 PM
113,256 ... 14571458145914601461 ...