View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't think the shorts have covered yet. Right, Morgan, YangFui, CJ, LC?
    Sorry JLagoon but this is a new situation for me. Logically, I would say that a lot of the smaller shorts covered throughout the day in small blocks as to not raise the price in any way. That could be what took it to the $11 range before dropping back to $10.50. However, I bet the bigger players have held on to a good portion of their short position in the belief that today's massive drop will have hurt BB's reputation enough to drive it lower. Only time will tell.
    06-28-13 08:35 PM
    We all lost big today - for me about $20k in one night. Luckily though it was never materialised and for some reason I'm not as upset as I would be if I had worked for that money with my bare hands. I was lucky to get out today where I got in 6 months ago. For others here who may have bet the farm I am really hopeful BlackBerry can come back swinging.

I will likely move on for a while as the taste in my mouth is pretty bad. I think Thor and Co were not forthcoming enough - especially Heins comments about 10s millions. In hind sight when he sold over Christmas I should have taken greater heed. Today the death knell rang and its not a good sound. Palm had the same sound at one time.

Posted via CB10
    Who knows, maybe TH is reading all our venting today.
    06-28-13 08:36 PM
    I am still holding.
    lcjr, BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 08:39 PM
    Who knows, maybe TH is reading all our venting today.
    Doubtful.... he's probably got a **** load of emails, bbm's, and phone calls saying WTF to sort through... lol
    plasmid_boy, lcjr, take99 and 1 others like this.
    06-28-13 08:40 PM
    This discussion was started by Superfly_FR on 11/2/11. BBRY (then RIMM) closed that day at $18.91. Here we are, 1457 pages and a bit more than a year and a half later, and the stock has declined about 45%. Just a little historical perspective for ya.
    06-28-13 08:45 PM
    Well, I went swimming and now I'm throwing darts on the new board I just made and screwed on the wall. Pretty good for a redneck, huh?? Lol
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000098.jpg  
    06-28-13 08:46 PM
    Today the death knell rang and its not a good sound. Palm had the same sound at one time.
    Honestly, from what I can tell this is still very very far from being like Palm. $3B cash, the new phones are on something 170 carriers in 70+ countries, over 4M shipped/sold to date. This is not the sound of a company on the verge of death.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:46 PM
    This discussion was started by Superfly_FR on 11/2/11. BBRY (then RIMM) closed that day at $18.91. Here we are, 1457 pages and a bit more than a year and a half later, and the stock has declined about 45%. Just a little historical perspective for ya.
    Care to enlighten us with the point and logic behind posting this here and now?
    take99, bungaboy and bondary like this.
    06-28-13 08:53 PM
    I don't get how a CEO can come out and make the 10s of millions statement and then have this happen and get away with it. What prevents any other CEO from coming out and say "from year to date sales, we project $10 billion in profit this fiscal year"?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:57 PM
    I don't get how a CEO can come out and make the 10s of millions statement and then have this happen and get away with it. What prevents any other CEO from coming out and say "from year to date sales, we project $10 billion in profit this fiscal year"?

Posted via CB10
    Hey man... good to see you. I would highly advise reading YangFui's post a little earlier. Please do and please don't be afraid to post with any questions. I know you lost a lot today and we all feel for you but remember you are not alone. Remember that!
    06-28-13 09:02 PM
    Don't forget to tell him you've got a bunch of people you are trying to keep from jumping out of their office windows !

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Oh, he knows now. Lol. He's actually coming to stay with us the last week of July. We stay with him in San Antonio every now and then. We go waaaaaaay back. He was Airforce but I don't hold that against him. He's bringing his two mermaids too. He adopted two little girls from China that were not going to survive and now they are spoiled rotten, but in a good way. Man they love to swim and they cant wait to swim in my pool.
    06-28-13 09:02 PM
    He never gave a time frame for that comment so why would anyone inject more meaning into it than "it will sell tens of millions (over some period of time)"?Don't tell me anyone thought that meant this year alone.

And secondly, in how many countries is the Q10 even available? I think they only just became available in the US a bit over a week ago, didn't they? This wasn't the quarter in which to expect massive sales from the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry brother. Nothing we can say will make you feel better except we are in the same boat, some on the bigger end though. I can't remember what was said earlier in the 20 pages, so did you sell or are you still holding out?????
    06-28-13 09:06 PM
    He never gave a time frame for that comment so why would anyone inject more meaning into it than "it will sell tens of millions (over some period of time)"?Don't tell me anyone thought that meant this year alone.

And secondly, in how many countries is the Q10 even available? I think they only just became available in the US a bit over a week ago, didn't they? This wasn't the quarter in which to expect massive sales from the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Easy Peter, let folks vent today. Whether it makes since or not, whatever somebody wants to throw out there, today's the day to let it out.
    06-28-13 09:09 PM
    Hey man... good to see you. I would highly advise reading YangFui's post a little earlier. Please do and please don't be afraid to post with any questions. I know you lost a lot today and we all feel for you but remember you are not alone. Remember that!
    YangFui's post was great. Sorry, I know I'm not alone. But I still can't wrap my head around that the CEO can say false statements without any repercussion.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, YangFui and fedakd like this.
    06-28-13 09:11 PM
    YangFui's post was great. Sorry, I know I'm not alone. But I still can't wrap my head around that the CEO can say false statements without any repercussion.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure he has to answer to somebody. He's fully aware what's going on and others are probably on his doorsteps.
    _dimi_ likes this.
    06-28-13 09:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ya... I get it but like Peter said, he didn't really give a time frame. I see what you're getting at though and it's easy to extract meaning from it. I expected far more BB10 sales and that comment was, in part, a portion of my reasoning for it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-28-13 09:16 PM
    I'm long and that what it means to me, long. Don't invest money you can't miss. Seriously, do you really expect BlackBerry to be stellar in 6 months?

CB10 - Q10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-28-13 09:18 PM
    Sorry brother. Nothing we can say will make you feel better except we are in the same boat, some on the bigger end though. I can't remember what was said earlier in the 20 pages, so did you sell or are you still holding out?????
    I had to realize half of my losses. Still hold on to a good amount but now at 70% margin and not sure what my next move is.

It was a calculated risk I felt was worth taking abeit a bit stupid but I am at an age and situation where my risk tolerance is high. But now I feel betrayed because I looks like the "calculated risk" was based on being misled by the company, as well as being sold a false sense of trust by management.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:18 PM
    I had to realize half of my losses. Still hold on to a good amount but now at 70% margin and not sure what my next move is.

It was a calculated risk I felt was worth taking abeit a bit stupid but I am at an age and situation where my risk tolerance is high. But now I feel betrayed because I looks like the "calculated risk" was based on being misled by the company, as well as being sold a false sense of trust by management.

Posted via CB10
    I feel the same way.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 09:23 PM
    Th just seemed so happy at bb live and milken, then the solid ground statement. The tone today really worried me, he seemed down to me. What changed so much in that short time period, esp considering the actual quarter wrapped up 4 weeks ago.
    06-28-13 09:23 PM
    Ya... I get it but like Peter said, he didn't really give a time frame. I see what you're getting at though and it's easy to extract meaning from it. I expected far more BB10 sales and that comment was, in part, a portion of my reasoning for it.
    I only threw that out as one example. Maybe it wasn't the best one. But the company gives a break even guidance and then later comes out and says demand has been much greater than expected... ramping up production, etc. Is that not completely misleading?

You give guidance based on what you expect. Later you announce that the demand is a lot greater than what you expected... therefore should mean better than guidance. it's not just ONE thing from management. Declaring BB10 to come out on PB and then announcing it will be dropped during the call.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:24 PM
    Honestly, from what I can tell this is still very very far from being like Palm. $3B cash, the new phones are on something 170 carriers in 70+ countries, over 4M shipped/sold to date. This is not the sound of a company on the verge of death.

Posted via CB10
    Palm had a balance sheet nothing like bbry's

They also only had something like 50 carrier partners. And I think only one usa carrier had them.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:24 PM
    I only threw that out as one example. Maybe it wasn't the best one. But the company gives a break even guidance and then later comes out and says demand has been much greater than expected... ramping up production, etc. Is that not completely misleading?

You give guidance based on what you expect. Later you announce that the demand is a lot greater than what you expected... therefore should mean better than guidance. it's not just ONE thing from management. Declaring BB10 to come out on PB and then announcing it will be dropped during the call.

Posted via CB10
    I get it and completely understand. I don't have any clear answer here. Not a one..... well aside from the PlayBook... I was watching the sp when that was announced and there wasn't a blip. I know it pisses a lot of people off but that is one aspect of the EC that didn't **** us.
    bungaboy and bondary like this.
    06-28-13 09:30 PM
    I can understand the "there's still some positives" stance and the "we need to keep calm/trying to defend and re-interpret management's intentions" stance. And I agree there are definitely positives going forward and I don't think BBRY is going out of business. But right now, would you terribly shocked if they announce that BBM is no longer going to come to iPhone and Android? Are you going to have to try to read between the lines for every announcement management makes and try to decipher what else it could possibly mean, aside from what's being said?

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 09:32 PM
113,256 ... 14551456145714581459 ...