View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    My Daddy always said that gambling and investing are done with the head, not the heart. I guess I forgot.

Not that I'm even at percentage points of some of you folks.
    06-28-13 03:49 PM
    Is a Licensing deal something they would/could announce at the Share Holders' meeting? Or would that be done behind closed doors and announced via press release? Anyone have thoughts on this?
    They can announce a deal as soon as it is legally binding. So that could come at anytime. I didn't get the impression that Heins is into something like that these days, he still feels BlackBerry is completely on target with their series of product launches. But a deal can be done at anytime, i.e. the company could make an offer as in Lenovo showing an interest or they could team up with Samsung regarding BlackBerry's massive patent portfolio.
    cjcampbell, lcjr, Korepab and 4 others like this.
    06-28-13 03:50 PM
    06-28-13 03:50 PM
    Damn. Can't add to my portfolio via the CB app!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 03:52 PM
    Up a dollar + in AM

Posted via CB10

Edit - well we were anyway....
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 03:55 PM
    I don't understand why they didn't disclose about this Venezuela issue a soon as they knew about it, It would have saved them a lot of problems today, even though the report would still be bad the market would have been better prepared for it, I even believe they are forced to disclose that kind of information as soon as possible, would not surprise me if someone tried to sue them for this. The communication with investors/shareholders is really horrible.
    06-28-13 03:59 PM
    I'm seeing down .01 ?
    06-28-13 03:59 PM
    I'm seeing down .01 ?
    Maybe it was a blip with my stocks app but it was there for a minute

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 04:02 PM
    Damn. Can't add to my portfolio via the CB app!

Posted via CB10
    I'm having problems using the CB app on my 9930. I'm always on my Playbook after hours so I can't wait for the A10 to hit the streets.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-28-13 04:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    At 4:53 the SP spiked a bit to hit $11.48 then went back down.
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    06-28-13 04:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Check the Nasdaq AH:

16:53 $ 11.4766 High 4,840

It will be an over looked trade from earlier this morning.
    lcjr, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 04:04 PM
    Check the Nasdaq AH:

16:53 $ 11.4766 High 4,840

It will be an over looked trade from earlier this morning.
    I saw it. And in pre-market, I kept seeing $14.48 in the mix with the $10.xx.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-06-28-8.07.45-am.png
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 04:06 PM
    I think BlackBerrys biggest issue is the company is run by minions. They need someone on the board or management team that isn't afraid to questions what's going on.
    lcjr and fedakd like this.
    06-28-13 04:10 PM
    I'm having problems using the CB app on my 9930. I'm always on my Playbook after hours so I can't wait for the A10 to hit the streets.
    It actually works great but just that one function is missing

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    06-28-13 04:10 PM
    I don't understand why they didn't disclose about this Venezuela issue a soon as they knew about it, It would have saved them a lot of problems today, even though the report would still be bad the market would have been better prepared for it, I even believe they are forced to disclose that kind of information as soon as possible, would not surprise me if someone tried to sue them for this. The communication with investors/shareholders is really horrible.
    They did warn us about it in the last quarter...

The Company also conducts business in certain foreign jurisdictions that have legislation or regulations relating to the issuance of
    cross border payments in US dollars, or in other currencies that will exit those countries. Examples of these countries with foreign
    currency controls are Venezuela and Argentina, among others. The Company actively manages its exposure in these jurisdictions
    based on the existing rules and regulations in place. If the rules or regulations relating to the payment of foreign currencies in these or
    other countries change or if the countries devalue their currencies compared to other currencies, the Company may not be able to
    collect the amounts owing for the delivery of products and services and this would have a negative impact on the Company�s cash
    balance.
    As of March 2, 2013, the Company has accounts receivables outstanding related to service access fees provided to wireless service
    providers in Venezuela. The Company does not sell smartphones or tablets directly into the Venezuelan market, does not have foreign
    operations in Venezuela and only invoices its services denominated in United States dollars (�USD�). On February 8, 2013, the
    Venezuela government announced that, effective February 13, 2013, its currency, the Venezuelan Bolivar, would be devalued by 32%
    of the USD equivalent. As of March 2, 2013, the Company has been successful in collecting its service revenues from wireless
    service providers in Venezuela and will continue to closely monitor its efforts in future periods. As a result of the currency
    devaluation and given the uncertainty around future changes to the Venezuela leadership, the Company could face additional
    challenges in obtaining payment on its receivables if the Venezuela carriers cannot secure governmental approvals to buy and remit
    USD for services provided.

From Form 40-F Dated March 28th.
    06-28-13 04:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blip.jpg  
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 04:12 PM
    Right now the bullish case rests on a fair bit of speculation.

Currently, it has a valuation floor that is pretty solid due to the $5.92/shr in cash. The remaining $4.54 (just under 2.4 billion) covers everything else including the global NOCs, 2.2 billion in property plant and equipment, patents and other intangibles.

As a bonus, you also have a brand new operating system that is in its very early growth stages. Admittedly there was hope of it growing much faster in this quarter, however, it is growing. It has gone from zero to 2.9 million devices in 4 months (launched in UK in Feb and Q ended end of May).

Based on the assets above against the current stock price, you are receiving the potential growth business in smartphones, medical equipment, vehicle systems and social media platforms for quite cheap, assuming they continue to grow.
    cjcampbell, Korepab, lcjr and 8 others like this.
    06-28-13 04:18 PM
    Hi gang,

My take on things today.

Missed it all due to work, not a great start!

The figures weren't all that bad. Pretty much in line with what they had said.

I think people are forgetting that it is basically the first full quarter of Z10 sales, arguably the least popular device. Definitely the market over reacting.

Putting aside everything that happened today, I see a ridiculously cheap valuation. This is why I don't mind holding the stock.

I think everyone was hoping for a quick turn around. I have realised this may take some time now.

I will be sticking around for some time but I don't have the time to research a new investment, so my money wouldn't be doing anything else at the moment, plus I am confident it will be almost impossible to drop it below 10, so i may aswell keep my money here.

I also believe the product is good And their are good potential future growth areas which will produce some upside. Still think prem watsa wasn?t wrong to value it at around 40.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal, Korepab, lcjr and 10 others like this.
    06-28-13 04:20 PM
    Lost A LOT of confidence today but i'm going to hold. Waiting til one more ER to see if they can steer the ship. 3.1 billion in cash is enough to get me to hold. Still do have some confidence tho. Just not a lot
    lcjr, nquyen and take99 like this.
    06-28-13 04:28 PM
    just noticed the thread at the bottom of my page says 'blackberry shorts about to lose their pants', lol
    lcjr likes this.
    06-28-13 04:42 PM
    just noticed the thread at the bottom of my page says 'blackberry shorts about to lose their pants', lol
    I saw that too! I need a beer.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-28-13 04:46 PM
    I saw that too! I need a beer.
    I still haven't had one Soon though. Almost home

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    06-28-13 04:51 PM
    A spreadsheet of my thoughts on the financials for the remaining quarters is here --> https://www.box.com/s/24ug9honjg15175ut8m0

I've never tried to share file access via the link so sorry if it doesn't work. Would love to get some feedback on my assumptions.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-28-13 04:57 PM
    I wonder if Misek will revise his price target down.
    Not until he closes out his short contracts.
    06-28-13 04:58 PM
    They can announce a deal as soon as it is legally binding. So that could come at anytime. I didn't get the impression that Heins is into something like that these days, he still feels BlackBerry is completely on target with their series of product launches. But a deal can be done at anytime, i.e. the company could make an offer as in Lenovo showing an interest or they could team up with Samsung regarding BlackBerry's massive patent portfolio.
    I agree. I'm almost certain that BBRY has little interest in being taken over or doing a major deal. They still control their own destiny, they have their patents, their launch plan, their own OS, and their name. Oh and also $3.1 billion in cash which apparently is still increasing. The Z10 didn't sell all that great. Frankly, I didn't think it was going to. It just went up against the most hyped and widely marketed smartphone of all time, the GS4. It seemed to do okay. The qwerty phones are what I'm interested in. That and the software services. BBRY's first try at a direct iPhone and GS4 competitor? No I didn't think that was going to work out all that well.
    morganplus8, m0de25, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    06-28-13 04:58 PM
113,252 ... 14521453145414551456 ...