1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    We're GREEN!! Lmao

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 03:06 PM
    finally got to take the boat out of storage this week, it will be nice to get out on the holiday Monday to de-stress. Tonight it'll be Sleeman's food coloured beer followed by a Crowning achievement.
    I miss Sleeman's since moving south. We can still get Crown down here, so that's good.
    I will be doing similar, Sam Adams and Crown tonight.
    take99 and lcjr like this.
    06-28-13 03:08 PM
    We're GREEN!! Lmao

Posted via CB10
    Yes, after hours are green.
    bungaboy and nquyen like this.
    06-28-13 03:08 PM
    Hi everyone!

Morgan, you have mentioned options today and in the past, specifically in terms of collecting premium while one waits. How would one do this?

Also torn between whether to hold for the long term (till next year for me) or wait till this bounces a bit and cut my losses. What are people's opinions here? I'm 400 shares in if that information helps with answers.

Also wondering how much more down side there is here, specifically with regards to institutions/funds that hold BBRY -would they not sell now (if they haven't already)?

Realise that's a lot of questions and thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the board! I'm suggesting that some of us could bide our time here and sell some Call Options on the next pop. You would be missing out on any major news like an offer to buy the company, but using that logic, you might be a LONG time getting your funds out of this one. When the stock moves back into the $ 12.50 area, which I think can happen soon, we can sell some Calls a couple of dollars higher and take in some money. Many of us are at or near breakeven here so this strategy might be useful.

Your question regarding how much lower we can go. I believe $ 6.00 in cash puts a lid on the downside here, plus, I believe they are more open to doing deals now with the stock price where it is ...... thus, I feel the low is in for now. There are a number of new products coming not to mention the ones that are still being launched. I heard they are still taking the Z10 to 35 more countries so the Q10 and Q5 are right at the beginning of the cycle here. I heard enough from the company today that I think we still have more surprises on the upside here. The key here might be BES10 as the official precursor to the launch of Q10 at the corporate level. The best may yet be coming this quarter as all of the products hit the market.

I'll post a chart on how we are grossly over sold here and ready for a pop to $ 12.50/shr soon. GL
    06-28-13 03:10 PM
    I predict that we will see five downgrades during the weekend.
    06-28-13 03:11 PM
    I miss Sleeman's since moving south. We can still get Crown down here, so that's good.
    I will be doing similar, Sam Adams and Crown tonight.
    In lieu of recent events.. aka today. I'm opting to drinking APPLE juice today lol
    take99, plasmid_boy and lcjr like this.
    06-28-13 03:11 PM
    Well today felt like it would never end funny enough I had a dream last night that we popped up to $75 in the pre market.
    lcjr, cjcampbell and fedakd like this.
    06-28-13 03:12 PM
    Welcome to the board! I'm suggesting that some of us could bide our time here and sell some Call Options on the next pop. You would be missing out on any major news like an offer to buy the company, but using that logic, you might be a LONG time getting your funds out of this one. When the stock moves back into the $ 12.50 area, which I think can happen soon, we can sell some Calls a couple of dollars higher and take in some money. Many of us are at or near breakeven here so this strategy might be useful.

Your question regarding how much lower we can go. I believe $ 6.00 in cash puts a lid on the downside here, plus, I believe they are more open to doing deals now with the stock price where it is ...... thus, I feel the low is in for now. There are a number of new products coming not to mention the ones that are still being launched. I heard they are still taking the Z10 to 35 more countries so the Q10 and Q5 are right at the beginning of the cycle here. I heard enough from the company today that I think we still have more surprises on the upside here. The key here might be BES10 as the official precursor to the launch of Q10 at the corporate level. The best may yet be coming this quarter as all of the products hit the market.

I'll post a chart on how we are grossly over sold here and ready for a pop to $ 12.50/shr soon. GL
    Thanks a ton!
    Sometimes, the button just doesn't do enough justice to all that you do for all of us here!
    06-28-13 03:13 PM
    Ya, gotta go too. Great long weekend ahead, hopefully.

On a lighter, sort of, note. Had my first threesome today...

Fuked by Thornsten/BB and boned by CDTI - (35 % drop there) on the same day.
    Did not expect THAT kind of a 3-some.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-28-13 03:15 PM
    I predict that we will see five downgrades during the weekend.
    That would be easy for them . . . . . after the horse has left the barn.
    06-28-13 03:16 PM
    Tell those who are taking a 25% bath today that EPS is meaningless. That is simply not true. Being light on revenue and very light on sales didn't help either. Cash flow positive is nice, but EPS absolutely matters, to call it meaningless isn't really fair or accurate. BBRY may have also book revenue for unsold but shipped phones and I doubt it will come to a Play Book type write down, it does effect their financials.
    You're missing the point. BBRY did NOT provide guidance on revenue or unit sales. So you "MISS" statements are based on what ANALYSTS thought they'd hit. An EPS miss, but generating FCF of that high an amount is very promising. It means going out of business is not in teh cards... and for a SP just above cash on hand as a MV, that's a positive.
    06-28-13 03:16 PM
    In lieu of recent events.. aka today. I'm opting to drinking APPLE juice today lol
    I would think "Dickens Cider" would be more suiting.
    lcjr and Bugmapper like this.
    06-28-13 03:17 PM
    We're GREEN!! Lmao

Posted via CB10
    Dang it CJ, you're always beating me to Happy Hour!!!!
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 03:20 PM
    In a sippie cup....

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 03:20 PM
    I live in NYC and the news travel fast in the business world ... so...Worst thing about today's ER and the aftermath is that business people who may not be actively involved with the BBRY stock, do get to hear the news on Bloomberg or cnbc or wherever they keep repeating it, get the feeling that Blackberry is DONE.

if the PR company or the whole management had a slight idea of what that means in terms of how BlackBery is perceived in a very wide audience they would have done something either to warn about the results that they were coming or sweeten the future somehow ( there are many ways ) even the fact that an OS 7 phone is coming along could have been perceived as great news if it was properly presented a few days back in a Glorious way.. not as an ER side announcement feeling like "we are falling to Plan B"

Epic fail as far as i am concerned this is all on TH. communication and otherwise.

Having said all that., im still long... as much as i can be...

Take a break guys. Try to enjoy the weekend wherever you are and do not look at your BB10 device with hatred...
    06-28-13 03:21 PM
    Heck yeah it's worth something! You're really smart and I've already learned a few things from your posts. Glad you're hanging around with us.
    Thank you sir! Appreciate the kind words.

It's been a crazy week, sad it's not ending the way we had hoped but we'll come back swinging!

I'm calling it early this week and heading out for the weekend in a few. Cheers to all my fellow Canadians, Happy Canada Day!

Cheers

cjcampbell, lcjr, fedakd and 2 others like this.
    06-28-13 03:22 PM
    I would think "Dickens Cider" would be more suiting.
    For those from BC, try Left Field Cider Co's "Big Dry"

It's brilliant.
    lcjr likes this.
    06-28-13 03:25 PM
    avg around 15.50 tsx, down approx. 15k.
    I feel your pain... I'm averaged at 14.73... Down probably over 10K. Can't look lol. Ugh, I really hope for a partnership, DoD, or even great reception for the BBM/BES10 on other platforms.
    06-28-13 03:28 PM
    After reading all the excitement about BB10 and Z10 before the launch, I bought BBRY at $17.56 on Jan 23rd, 2013. :FML:

I am never buying stocks again based on reading posts and blogs on a fanboy site. Gawd...what was I thinking.
    m1a1mg, mikeo007 and fedakd like this.
    06-28-13 03:29 PM
    Is a Licensing deal something they would/could announce at the Share Holders' meeting? Or would that be done behind closed doors and announced via press release? Anyone have thoughts on this?
    06-28-13 03:36 PM
    After reading all the excitement about BB10 and Z10 before the launch, I bought BBRY at $17.56 on Jan 23rd, 2013. :FML:

I am never buying stocks again based on reading posts and blogs on a fanboy site. Gawd...what was I thinking.
    Perhaps you should have started here.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_diligence
    06-28-13 03:37 PM

You should never ever make decisions like that. Good god what we're you thinking? Haha

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-28-13 03:38 PM

back around 2003 i called my broker and told him i want to buy apple stock cause i really loved the ipod and the way the company was heading....I bought apple stock in 2003 at 7 dollars....for over a year the stock was between 9 and 11 dollar but steadily rising. most of you know the rest of the story ( iphone etc etc ) i sold half my position at 85 in 2006 and the rest at 330 in 2011 .
    when i bought the stock i did have a long term view. this is how you should see it. . if you do believe in the company the products the management ( ahem.... ) and the whole BB10 story then stay in the stock and dont expect quick gains.
    06-28-13 03:43 PM

It's an important lesson for many people, learn from it and re-evaluate. No use dwelling on the past.
    06-28-13 03:44 PM

I think a couple of us bought some around that price as well. Although today is a bad example to use, stocks go up and down in value (I'm sure you know this) and we have to ride along with that if you're holding for a long period, play the peaks and dips if you're undecided, or sell on a good note if you're not long. This will settle down and nothing is a loss unless you need the money back soon or sell.
    06-28-13 03:45 PM
113,256 ... 14511452145314541455 ...