1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Any one here added more today?
    CJ's ignore list grew by 3 or 4 today. LoL
    06-28-13 12:30 PM
    They are just getting on-board. I'm sure they did well when they pitched their plan to the board so they will need a while for their plan to unfold. I'm actually excited about this!!
    Would this be a Board level decision?
    06-28-13 12:31 PM
    omegawdgoaway
    Seriously, that is your answer?

During last quarter's ER, it was said that sell through was between 2/3 and 3/4. Obviously this disagrees with what you posted. Does anyone know the actual answer?
    06-28-13 12:34 PM
    Sry guys, gotta go ...
    Enjoy your weekend, breathe some fresh air and ... CU on Monday !
    06-28-13 12:35 PM
    Well, going to bring the wife her favorite burger for lunch so I can smooth this over with her (my money is our money) lol

Be back on in a bit.
    Hope you don't get any "lumps" as you smooth things over with her.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-28-13 12:35 PM
    Averaged at 13.70. Holding the bag, lol.
    06-28-13 12:36 PM
    Here goes anyways

I plugged in the figures from this quarter. I assumed that the ASP for the new devices is $500/unit which leaves $206 per BB7 unit.

Projecting for Q2

Hardware:
    BB10: 4 million @ 460/each
    BB7 : 3.26 million (-20% from previous Q) @ 200/each
    (allowed for a fall in pricing due to time in market and Q5 impact)
    gives us HW Revenues of 1.84 bln

Services and software:
    Services will continue to fall by 10% (ish) per quarter
    This leaves 714.6 mln revenue
    Software gets a 15% increase due to BES10 to 138 mln revenue

Total Revenue for the quarter: 3.345 bln

HW at a blended 22% = 548.4 mln
    Services at 80% = 571.7 mln
    Software at 80% = 110.4 mln

Operating costs increase by a further 100 mln from this quarter for the global rollout of Q5 to 1.3 bln

Income is (69.5 mln)

524 mln shares outstanding leaves us happy shareholders with a loss of 0.13 per share

something to look forward to haha.

Edit: FWIW this model extended for the fiscal year gives an overall EPS of +0.23 per share. Lol.
    Last edited by dusdal; 06-28-13 at 12:52 PM.
    06-28-13 12:38 PM
    I second this notion. Maybe invite some bears into our clubhouse? It would help this forum become less biased and help us, like you said, be better prepared and a little more aware.

I'd love advice from all of you more experienced traders about mitigating risk. I've already stated my 85% portfolio for BBRY, i think going forward my contributions will go elsewhere in my TFSA to other stocks.

This ER and stock has really taught me a lot as well as the wealth of experience and contributions from all of you. Thanks so much!

Cheers!
    My only addition to this is that we are all pretty level headed in here. It was stated a couple of times going into this morning that it was going to 10 or 20..... one way or the other. The basis for our bull case was endorsed by many analysts outside of this thread and our numbers were not unreasonable assumptions based on the information available (for the most part... there were a few that were a little out there).

The way I see it is we had a bad call. It was way to "avoiding" of the questions. The overall numbers are, in my opinion, a good start to the comeback. The highest fcf in over three years, YOY growth by a good amount, and a plan that is moving forward. All that was missing was someone who can talk and convey a message properly and concentrate on the good as opposed to having it get lost in the perceived bad.
    I had the Z10 and have the Q10. Amazing phones and that's why I'm holding. Potential is there.
    6.90. In. 1440 out. Ill buy agqjn at 8. Prolly this week

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    MrBurns2U likes this.
    I really hate being -$1,740 right now, but luckily the money I invest is money I can put on hold someplace and wait for better times. I'll definately be ok and don't plan on leaving just yet. Hopefully everyone stays around and I don't want to see ANYONE leaving this thread.
    If its worth anything, I'm sticking around with you all. I'm still re-evaluating BBRY and my position.

Battle was lost but not the war.
    06-28-13 12:39 PM
    Alright guys I saw someone post 100 shares is the minimum entry to the party so I kept 100 shares just for that .
    Yeah, I figured you gotta keep some skin in the game, no?

Maybe we should all convert some shares to physical certificates, just as proof! I forget, do certificates have issue dates on them?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-28-13 12:40 PM
    Averaged at $13.28. Holding. Not in any hurry. Shares held in my RRSP. Won't need that money for many years.
    06-28-13 12:40 PM
    CJ's ignore list grew by 3 or 4 today. LoL
    4 and still open to adding to my position... lol
    06-28-13 12:43 PM
    Makes me wonder what is going to happen when BBM launches cross platform. With 100k+ downloads of the fake one, I see some potential there. Can they charge a yearly fee of say .99cents for premium features like voice chat or video chat?
    Most people won't pay for it. It may be better than what they have, but what they have is free. Sorry to be negative. I think it's a great idea but not as a fee based service.
    06-28-13 12:43 PM
    I've sold out my full position today. Ive said that today will confirm whether I need to buy more or get rid of my shares. I just don't get it anymore and don't plan to. The competitors are no longer on their A game, and Blackberry wasn't able to take advantage of that.

I'm really taking it personal and feel that I accumulated a position based on positive comments of the CEO saying that all is better than expected, and that he looks at the data points all the time. We often gravitate to the thinkings that are more in line with what you would like to believe. Time for me to get out the name until its proven. With the way this is going I'm certain there will be enough time to go long when BBRY is really good and ready.
    06-28-13 12:44 PM
    14.37 average, im lacking major guidance to try and lower that right now. First major blow to my portfolio today, lost a whole car worth $$$$
    Funny. My plan was to go shop for a car today. Losing a car worth too. Havent lost yet though, as I haven't sold.
    06-28-13 12:46 PM
    color me crazy but... I just bought more of the stock lol
    06-28-13 12:47 PM
    My average is $14.29. I guess, I need to wait this out. I cannot imagine, if this drops back to single digit.

Does anyone else want to vent their stock average?
    About $15.50 on tsx

But silver lining is I realized about 15% return instantly as half of shares bought inside RRSP. So... my 25% loss today is only really a 10% loss in the grand scheme.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    06-28-13 12:48 PM
    RELAX!

Relax, folks, relax.

What's done is done. But here is the bright side -
    1. Some shorts will book profits -> this will make stock price to rise again. If you want to get out, you can get out at that time, instead of getting out today in panic mode.

2. Once significant number of shorts have covered, they will STOP this negative manipulation of media.

3. Some longs will now find price attractive again and will buy in now. This will make price rise again. But this time we'd see Share price rise (hopefully) without so many 'shorts' and 'negative' media propaganda. So, price should not fall back so hard again (even with bad news).

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    06-28-13 12:51 PM
    In the end, the "bad jokes" were on us.
    06-28-13 12:51 PM
    Averaged at $13.28. Holding. Not in any hurry. Shares held in my RRSP. Won't need that money for many years.
    ditto on the RRSP, I've got nothing but time, and my average is 13.20 (BB)

I'm holding
    06-28-13 12:52 PM
    I just lowered by average from 16 to about 13 now with that purchase lol. makes me feel better.
    06-28-13 12:53 PM
    And what is this world coming to when CRAMER of all people says sell 15 and buy 12.... and he appears to be right....
    Acumenight and peter9477 like this.
    06-28-13 12:54 PM
    Sorry if I am being negative today.... PLEASE stop blaming media manipulation. As it turns out, the majority of what they are reporting turns out to be true. Obviously not all of it, but a lot of it. They don't need to manipulate anything, we are hurting ourselves enough.

Compare Faucette's ridiculous predictions to TH's giddy beating/exceeding expectations comments. To me there isn't much between them at the moment.

I am sure I will fell better after beer thirty.
    06-28-13 12:55 PM
113,256 ... 14471448144914501451 ...