View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Any one here added more today?
    I would but I've increased my contributions to my TSP (401) account as I plan for my early retirement in 7 years. Excellent money making in there boy howdy! DoD has a great retirement (401) plan and their contributions and matching contributions are awesome. Plus, I have a few other savings accounts I'm depositing into, so BB will have to wait their turn. lol
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-28-13 12:15 PM
    No tics to that but will most likely be out on my mates wake surf boat
    Have you ever been. First time going and the lineup is awesome!
    06-28-13 12:17 PM
    Some have left. I can not imagine this place being the same after the Blackberry deception.

Just the name of this thread . . . . . . well it need to be changed or allowed to die.
    We were five hundred, but with swift support grew to three thousand as we reached the port,
    That's how it started, that's how it'll continue.
    Some will leave, some will stay or maybe the thread will shut down by itself
    through lack of combatants.
    Time will tell.

But as of date, well ... clownptain on board, ladies and gentlemen.
    bungaboy and Foliebergere like this.
    06-28-13 12:17 PM
    With Heins, how the he11 is BlackBerry ever going catsup?
    .Yes, I had too...
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 12:18 PM
    Yep. It's simple, if you think BlackBerry are going to fail then sell, otherwise, today is a bit of a gift!
    bungaboy likes this.
    Alright guys I saw someone post 100 shares is the minimum entry to the party so I kept 100 shares just for that .
    Well, going to bring the wife her favorite burger for lunch so I can smooth this over with her (my money is our money) lol

Be back on in a bit.
    I have to disagree with you here. With an unsecure LOC you are ONLY tied to a monthly interest payment. IF you miss a payment, of course they're going come knocking. If you have your interest payment in pre-scheduled monthly payback installments, there's zero chance of recall. No insanity here. We just give ourselves a loan without tying up other cash reserves and wait for our investments to come around. No brainer really.
    Ditto, I have used my TD unsecure LOC in the past for investing. Mine is 4.75 right now so Prime +1.75 which is awfully high. which one do you use and what rates?
    06-28-13 12:19 PM
    Time will tell.

But as of date, well ... clownptain on board, ladies and gentlemen.
    Superfly, this thread is going nowhere but up, up, up....love it
    06-28-13 12:20 PM
    Well, going to bring the wife her favorite burger for lunch so I can smooth this over with her (my money is our money) lol

Be back on in a bit.
    LOOOOOL
    Time will tell.

But as of date, well ... clownptainon board, ladies and gentlemen.
    Superfly_FR, folks just need to vent sometimes. It's all good. The thread is awesome and growing daily. Great job by the way reminding everyone about the risks.
    bungaboy, rarsen and Superfly_FR like this.

Be back on in a bit.
    Make sure you drive your stick shift over.... I'm sure she'll forgive you when you show your shifting ability.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    Make sure you drive your stick shift over.... I'm sure she'll forgive you when you show your shifting ability.
    I don't know about you but I prefer when women show me their shifting abilities vs me having to demonstrate myself
    plasmid_boy and lcjr like this.
    06-28-13 12:22 PM
    Hey...someone has to like the mullett. May as well be you

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    JAFPODD!
    cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    06-28-13 12:23 PM
    Actually, that depends on the relationship with the carrier doesn't it. Do you know for a FACT that this is how BBRY does business with US carriers? Or does BBRY get paid when the device sells????
    omegawdgoaway
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    My average is $14.29. I guess, I need to wait this out. I cannot imagine, if this drops back to single digit.

Does anyone else want to vent their stock average?
    Makes me wonder what is going to happen when BBM launches cross platform. With 100k+ downloads of the fake one, I see some potential there. Can they charge a yearly fee of say .99cents for premium features like voice chat or video chat?
    take99 likes this.
    06-28-13 12:24 PM
    My average is $14.29. I guess, I need to wait this out. I cannot imagine, if this drops back to single digit.

200,000 @ 13.8611, which is now 100 @ 13.8611 hahaha
    Bugmapper and lcjr like this.
    06-28-13 12:25 PM

13.25 here
    06-28-13 12:26 PM
    Yessir raised my position + 26,6 % ... scary how this matches the ... oh, you know what

Edit: and (I rounded my) avg (to remind it) @ 13.25 (Ok, CJ we're on the same boat )
    06-28-13 12:27 PM
    Too soon for Q2 projections?
    06-28-13 12:27 PM
    14.37 average, im lacking major guidance to try and lower that right now. First major blow to my portfolio today, lost a whole car worth $$$$
    06-28-13 12:28 PM
    havent been really following this thread, but who is Morgan? what is his background and credential? not trying to take anything away from him. I'm sure he just want to help, but just curious.
    Read the thread and find out. Or just read Morgan's posts. You will become informed . . . . . if you really want to.

I only have 60 shares remaining but they were bought @ 17.25. That's about $1,035. I'm glad my trade commissions is 99 cents otherwise that would be another minor blow to this mess.

So many nice, stable companies out there and I had to take a gamble to support my favourite tech company...hard lessons
    As a community of BBRY enthusiasts and profit-motivated traders, it might be a good idea to prepare ourselves a bit better emotionally and financially (as a group) for the next ER checkpoint. I, for one, would like to present/discuss some trading strategies that hedge against an unanticipated downside move, such as buying protective puts or selling calls--strategies that might be new to some investors here.

No one here (or in any forum, for that matter) wants to embrace outright trolls but not everyone who expresses an alternative/conservative view is a troll. While I think this forum has been fair to most posters who are respectful to the group, I recall that some posters were wrongly accused of being trolls when they simply chimed in with a differing or opposing view. Unless you're long and holding and don't wish to manage risk, perhaps we can try to be bit more receptive as a group to serious contributions that express a neutral or bearish view and be more willing to factor those contributions into a smart trading plan for the quarters ahead.
    I second this notion. Maybe invite some bears into our clubhouse? It would help this forum become less biased and help us, like you said, be better prepared and a little more aware.

I'd love advice from all of you more experienced traders about mitigating risk. I've already stated my 85% portfolio for BBRY, i think going forward my contributions will go elsewhere in my TFSA to other stocks.

This ER and stock has really taught me a lot as well as the wealth of experience and contributions from all of you. Thanks so much!

Cheers!
    YangFui likes this.
    06-28-13 12:30 PM
113,256 ... 14461447144814491450 ...