View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BRRY has almost a Billion dollars more than Nov2012, and the SP is hovering around those levels. If you have been in since then, why would you even dream about exiting? 5months into a product release and turnaround, this was never to be a 1-2qtr fix. We built up our own hype for short term gain when we've constantly reminded each other of the "long" term benefits and investment. 3.1 Billion in cash! BRY is far from gone.
    06-28-13 11:10 AM
    Well, from the sounds of it, Morgan, CJ, Bug, LC, SuperFly and myself will be the only ones left in this thread...More Beer for us at the $100 party I guess...I guess I can afford to buy the first round for everyone now...
    Man, it saddens me to see people leave the thread. I can understand moving their funds to other opportunities, but this is a place for stock advice and a place to chill with people from all over the world. I'm more dissappointed in losing some good contacts and on-line friends then the dip in the stock. Glad you're sticking around.
    06-28-13 11:12 AM
    Well, from the sounds of it, Morgan, CJ, Bug, LC, SuperFly and myself will be the only ones left in this thread...More Beer for us at the $100 party I guess...I guess I can afford to buy the first round for everyone now...
    I may not be here as often but I, Debbie Downer, will not be leaving! Though many may wish that I do!
    cjcampbell, lcjr, Korepab and 12 others like this.
    06-28-13 11:13 AM
    Are unsecured LOC's available in Canada at a decent rate?
    Mine is at 5% (RBC) and they just upped our limit. lol
    We have about $8k of it tied up in BB, but as I said previously, I'm in until at least Feb.2014 SO
    I figure we will hopefully get to the $20 mark by then.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    06-28-13 11:14 AM
    Are you insane? The only lesson to learn here is not to speculate on high volatility stocks just before major announcements with margin.

Whether or not a LOC is secured is irrelevant. In either case, the lender only cares if you default on a regular payment or they recall part or all of the LOC and you cannot pay. In either case, if you default, your house will become collateral -- since they will simply place a lien on your title.
    06-28-13 11:14 AM
    I was thinking that there are some tools that Blackberry could utilize (share buybacks, dividends, splits, rights offerings etc.) that they have elected not to use. Does this imply that they are still very confident in their plan, or that they are bumbling along naively thinking everything will work out in the end. I am of the mind that since they haven't tried any of those tactics then they are still fairly confident.
    lcjr, bungaboy and YangFui like this.
    06-28-13 11:17 AM
    unsecured at prime + 0.5 = 3.5, secured at prime, mortgage at prime - 0.8 = 2.2% like free money lol

Wow that is cheap and is about what a 30 year fixed rate mortgage is going for in the US right now after a big run up this week.
    bungaboy and OMGitworks like this.
    06-28-13 11:18 AM
    I, too, will be here lurking around...
    06-28-13 11:19 AM
    I may not be here as often but I, Debbie Downer, will not be leaving! Though many may wish that I do!
    Nope, we never want to see experienced, intelligent people leave. Take a break if necessary, but you gotta have a least 100 shares when the $100 party rolls around!
    06-28-13 11:19 AM
    Man, it saddens me to see people leave the thread. I can understand moving their funds to other opportunities, but this is a place for stock advice and a place to chill with people from all over the world. I'm more dissappointed in losing some good contacts and on-line friends then the dip in the stock. Glad you're sticking around.
    Oh I moved my funds...into TSLA...(if i had a time machine) lol.

Aint leaving just not following BlackBerry anymore as it doesn't tickle my fancy. I'm waiting for you to tell me about the next underground stock that I should keep on my radar. If you dare say BlackBerry I will come to your house and beat you with a stick hah
    06-28-13 11:20 AM
    I've tried other sites, but our server here at work has the bandwidth shortened today for some reason. Can somebody tell me what exactly was said about all the devices?? Please no link, i probably won't be able to open it right now. Thanks.
    I still am curious to see how BES10 revenues will affect the profits... it just got rolled out last week, no?
    Good Morning Everyone!

OK... I've got my coffee in hand. Now, what did I miss?

It's raining, it's pouring......go back to bed!
    I was thinking that there are some tools that Blackberry could utilize (share buybacks, dividends, splits, rights offerings etc.) that they have elected not to use. Does this imply that they are still very confident in their plan, or that they are bumbling along naively thinking everything will work out in the end. I am of the mind that since they haven't tried any of those tactics then they are still fairly confident.
    I think it is always tough to do things because it almost always can have a negative effect. Minus share buyback. But I don't think they wan to use their cash for that purpose. Not sure what the plan is but I hope it's good.
    Bugmapper, plasmid_boy and psy fi like this.
    06-28-13 11:22 AM
    This thread proved how many lying shorts pretended to be bulls. Also showed how spineless the longs are. Calling shots the worst names when they were all telling the truth.

Posted via CB10
    PODD!
    06-28-13 11:22 AM
    Me too, I am still sticking around. I am losing so much on paper today, my co-worker sold it to take the lost and keep telling me to sell but I am holding.
    Korepab, lcjr, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-28-13 11:23 AM
    Why did Heins even mention BB10 not coming to playbook today of all days? It makes no sense. You have 364 other days to disappoint people and lie yet you decide to add an extra FU to everyone the day we're down 25%.

Keep your mouth shut or say you're still working on it. I don't get it.
    06-28-13 11:23 AM
    Good Morning Everyone!

OK... I've got my coffee in hand. Now, what did I miss?

It's raining, it's pouring......go back to bed!
    Usual in the bb world
    Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    bondary likes this.
    06-28-13 11:24 AM
    Hey! A +$30K haircut hasn't caused me to leave. I am uber long. :-)
    06-28-13 11:24 AM
    It will take a lot to get back what the realized losses I need to take on margins today. Shorts win. I've lost faith in management. Not that I don't think that they are on an okay track, but the fact of the matter is that management lied and deceived the many who believed in the company.
    We get it - your angry, and you ave every right to be. I promise you I've lost more $$ than most anyone on this forum, with respect to BBRY. Well over $40k in the last year alone... But panicking doesn't solve anything. Do we agree that we were lied to? Not sure I buy that. Bottom line is I think we extremely uinderestimated the impact of delayed sale sin teh US and no carrier support here meant to the firm. Has Sprint even picked up the damn Q10 yet? The device they were holding out for over the Z10, but before the A10? No. At&T gave us ZERO love, and they are our biggest supporters.
    We have to get involved with the carriers, as others have stated. And get these devices in peoples hands. We're making profitable devices, and with BES $$$ coming soon, we will be profitable again this year... but as EVERY great business man has said, "You have to spend money to make money."
    06-28-13 11:25 AM
    It will be interesting to see if the likes of Prem W and Co are buying at this low point?
    Pfft - I'm in it till the end. So you guys have to put up with me for awhile yet.
    I'm not going anywhere either, down 30,000 today but no way I'm willing to take that loss, so looks like another year or two before this goes to where I want it. This day is just sickening enough said for now, take a deep breath
    06-28-13 11:26 AM
    Looks like the stock is slowly recovering.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    morganplus8 and plasmid_boy like this.
113,256 ... 14421443144414451446 ...