View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Like Charles said, they lied to us. Just plain and simple.

If the sales are bad now, after today, they will not be getting better so I got to agree with you that there is little future for BBRY as we knew it.
    They could have sold a significant number of phones to early adopters, then had sales slow as that niche filled up.

Now they've got to wait on people who're upgrading on a contract.
    06-28-13 10:56 AM
    Yep, I lost a **** load today but I can stand it and will not suffer.

I feel sorry for the people here that could not afford the loss. There are a lot of people here that lost every spare dollar they had and more.
    I was down to my last $1k and I had it tied up in options myself... unfortunately.
    Times are tough, but I can always take on more temp projects to get that back... and BBRY will still be here a year from now... They just may be merged with a Chinese firm (j/k)
    lcjr likes this.
    06-28-13 10:57 AM
    I really hate being -$1,740 right now, but luckily the money I invest is money I can put on hold someplace and wait for better times. I'll definately be ok and don't plan on leaving just yet. Hopefully everyone stays around and I don't want to see ANYONE leaving this thread.
    Some have left. I can not imagine this place being the same after the Blackberry deception.

Just the name of this thread . . . . . . well it need to be changed or allowed to die.
    06-28-13 10:58 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but at this price point, couldn't BBRY use 1/3 of its cash to buy up 25% of the float - thus keeping only the serious investors in the loop - and cut out this rest of this mess?
    At some freaking point, BBRY has to be considered undervalued to the point that cash on hand can buyback almost 80% of the firms MV... This is a major correction, but there is no way mathematically it holds. this will be back above $12 in less than 10 trading days form now... period. Maybe even next week.
    Doesn't matter how much they missed on eps this time around, BB is not dead - the numbers clearly show that in terms of revenue growth and cash growth. NO ONE goes out of business when they're churning cash and growing their top line - all while phasing out an older line.

For next Q - what's the hurdle to success?
    No Sub #'s will be given
    All they have to do is beat 2.75MM units to grow Q/Q and Y/Y.
    Marketing expenses and inventory buildup will start to ease which brings expenses down by over $100-250Million.

I smell setup - and LCJR may be onto something... Sept Q blow-out it is. I refuse to believe we were wrong about this. I for one did NOT expect $0.60 eps - nor even half of that, and if I take $72Million loss form Venezuela and add to my estimates, I too show a loss - though not quite $0.13.
    Without sub #'s and with an expected loss next Q, there is NOTHING the shorts can say unless the devices don't sell...
    Thank you tygros!!! This is what we need. Let's get on with this, acknowledge where we actually stand within the next week when the dust settles, then focus with an open mind the next upcoming ER.
    06-28-13 10:59 AM
    for those who wanted the call transcript - SA has it here:

Blackberry CEO Discusses F1Q14 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha
    Tinomane and W Hoa like this.
    06-28-13 11:00 AM
    As a community of BBRY enthusiasts and profit-motivated traders, it might be a good idea to prepare ourselves a bit better emotionally and financially (as a group) for the next ER checkpoint. I, for one, would like to present/discuss some trading strategies that hedge against an unanticipated downside move, such as buying protective puts or selling calls--strategies that might be new to some investors here.

No one here (or in any forum, for that matter) wants to embrace outright trolls but not everyone who expresses an alternative/conservative view is a troll. While I think this forum has been fair to most posters who are respectful to the group, I recall that some posters were wrongly accused of being trolls when they simply chimed in with a differing or opposing view. Unless you're long and holding and don't wish to manage risk, perhaps we can try to be bit more receptive as a group to serious contributions that express a neutral or bearish view and be more willing to factor those contributions into a smart trading plan for the quarters ahead.
    I like the way you think already on a day where most people would panic, myself included., well i did almost crap my pants but managed to resist the sell button because I still believe. I will say this being a rookie and definitely not the one to suggest what the future will hold but to share as I have gone through years with Android platform and felt the achievement Blackberry accomplished so far in such a short time frame is unbelievable, Not to mention OS is a cross platforms software, not that APPL/GOOG dont have the deep pocket but try think about how well Android/IOS play in this space right now. I dont mean to believe in something blindfully andI I know I'm not smart like most of you, but one thing i do know and always been told by my parents that good things takes time and will evantually come to those who waited.

Yangfui,

I do agreed protecting ourself is one of the key when investing, so if you ever start a thread or forum on sharing trading strategies on investments, my ears are all yours.
    06-28-13 11:01 AM
    Rinse and repeat ... for over two years already. Boring.
    No, they're not.
    I agree they are not dead yet, but can we all honestly admit that BBRY is sick and needs some serious medicine? I just think the status quo will lead to continued losses and a draining of the cash on hand.

What is their game plan now? Not hardware, its just been tried and is pretty much a fail. On the software side I just don't see the compelling argument there either. Apps, cross platform BBM and channels ain't gonna do it either. BB10 is nice but not earth shattering. I am looking for a positive spin but with the BB10 hardware bombing instead of saving BBRY I don't see it very clearly right now. Please help me see it!
    Thank you tygros!!! This is what we need. Let's get on with this, acknowledge where we actually stand within the next week when the dust settles, then focus with an open mind the next upcoming ER.
    It will take a lot to get back what the realized losses I need to take on margins today. Shorts win. I've lost faith in management. Not that I don't think that they are on an okay track, but the fact of the matter is that management lied and deceived the many who believed in the company.
    Ok my take is TH said guidance was approaching breakeven for this quarter, and without the Venezuela factor it would be on target. But if he had said we will approach breakeven and only ship 2.8 mill bb10's that is a different story. Maybe there is a software or licensing play left here, I don't know but I do not have any confidence left right at the moment and I am trying to figure out an exit strategy. I put in what I was prepared to lose, both eyes wide open, but getting a kick in the sac at 4am is leaving me feeling a little sick at the moment with the loss. I'm not complaining, I knew I could lose it, but it still sucks, esp. TH comment at BB live about 10's of millions and being on solid ground. Any thoughts from you gents or lady would be appreciated as to where you think this is going in the next few weeks. Are we really headed for single digits?
    06-28-13 11:02 AM
    Hey guys I know I have been MIA for the last couple months, New baby and all, but wow what a shocker! I cant believe how bad the numbers were and how bad the fall out is. If I loose it all its not terrible for me personally but I still feel BBRY has something to offer but that management def needs to be shaken up. Thor lying is inexcusable, he's a PR nightmare and terrible speaker. SO big question, and sorry if this has been said I don't have time to read the 500 pages im behind on lol, is anyone holding hope for a return to profitability or just hoping for a sell out?
    Welcome back and congratulations!! Sorry you had to comeback to this and the past pages are of no real use. If you can hang on, you haven't had a loss (not until you sell). We want to focus on the future at this point. Again, welcome back and what's the baby's name?
    06-28-13 11:03 AM
    M+8. Why do you think bbry is building up their cash position instead of using it wisely to market BB10 or R&D related to BB10?
    well, I took a breath and here is my thoughts.

In the end, I didn't lose that much because my average was pretty low (technically didn't lose anything because I didn't sell). BB makes up about 5% of my portfolio and right now I'm sitting about 10% below my average, so....what ever. I think over the next few weeks it will net me back to zero....its already creaping up

To be honest, I have more exposure to tck.b (Teck) and I'm down closer to 50% on that one! so BB is the least of my worries. I also feel Teck will rebound when the resource sector bounces back.

So, in the end I sit and wait for my money to grow. I still think like Misek that BES10 is the trojan horse and resources will rebound.

The rest of my portfolio is in Banks and funds tied to market, so.....meh

Maybe this just gives me a good reason to back away and stop staring at the stock ...... I have bigger things to do. I have to stain my deck soon or the wife will skin me alive! LOL

Its all about perspective folks .....
    lcjr, Korepab and bungaboy like this.
    This thread proved how many lying shorts pretended to be bulls. Also showed how spineless the longs are. Calling shots the worst names when they were all telling the truth.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:04 AM
    another great lesson is to utilize something like an LOC (not tied to your home), so you are not forced into a position of liquidation at the worst possible time. You can hold longer, wait for the dust to settle and then decide at what price to sell.
    Are unsecured LOC's available in Canada at a decent rate?
    06-28-13 11:04 AM
    Well, from the sounds of it, Morgan, CJ, Bug, LC, SuperFly and myself will be the only ones left in this thread...More Beer for us at the $100 party I guess...I guess I can afford to buy the first round for everyone now...
    06-28-13 11:05 AM
    about 4.5%

Are unsecured LOC's available in Canada at a decent rate?
    06-28-13 11:06 AM
    I'm definitely talking to my bank about that investing LOC they offered me.
    Ok my take is TH said guidance was approaching breakeven for this quarter, and without the Venezuela factor it would be on target. But if he had said we will approach breakeven and only ship 2.8 mill bb10's that is a different story. Maybe there is a software or licensing play left here, I don't know but I do not have any confidence left right at the moment and I am trying to figure out an exit strategy. I put in what I was prepared to lose, both eyes wide open, but getting a kick in the sac at 4am is leaving me feeling a little sick at the moment with the loss. I'm not complaining, I knew I could lose it, but it still sucks, esp. TH comment at BB live about 10's of millions and being on solid ground. Any thoughts from you gents or lady would be appreciated as to where you think this is going in the next few weeks. Are we really headed for single digits?
    Single digits are a real possibility. It will be a day or two to see.
    You will not see alot of people jumping in and buying BBRY, even as low as it is.
    It will take next week to see what shakes out and it will not be pretty.

The "landscape" has changed
    nah im with you guys, i just claim temporary insanity this morning.

Well, from the sounds of it, Morgan, CJ, Bug, LC, SuperFly and myself will be the only ones left in this thread...More Beer for us at the $100 party I guess...I guess I can afford to buy the first round for everyone now...
    That's good advice. Also, I need to diversify more.
    another great lesson is to utilize something like an LOC (not tied to your home), so you are not forced into a position of liquidation at the worst possible time. You can hold longer, wait for the dust to settle and then decide at what price to sell.
    06-28-13 11:07 AM
    Welcome back and congratulations!! Sorry you had to comeback to this and the past pages are of no real use. If you can hang on, you haven't had a loss (not until you sell). We want to focus on the future at this point. Again, welcome back and what's the baby's name?
    Thanks! Lucas Michael Passanita! Handsome baby boy lol. Im not planning on selling any time soon, as crazy as it might seem I was gonna buy in harder at 10.25 but missed my chance lol, I just cant see this company being trusted or profitable under Thor. We need someone that can inspire people not put them to sleep with their monotone dialogues ya know?
    Hey guys I know I have been MIA for the last couple months, New baby and all, but wow what a shocker! I cant believe how bad the numbers were and how bad the fall out is. If I loose it all its not terrible for me personally but I still feel BBRY has something to offer but that management def needs to be shaken up. Thor lying is inexcusable, he's a PR nightmare and terrible speaker. SO big question, and sorry if this has been said I don't have time to read the 500 pages im behind on lol, is anyone holding hope for a return to profitability or just hoping for a sell out?
    I'll respond by saying that my original intent was a 30% gain for the year. My avg. is $15.69. Given that I've only been in since February, there's still a ways to go yet before a year is up. I'll be content to sell out at $20 ish and I do think we will get there by Feb. 2014. I've never been out for huge gains, but a 30% return is WAY more than most mutual funds give and we are willing to sit with them while they accumulate during the highs/lows. We just don't really watch the share price of their individual stocks that closely. I would have loved to have a short squeeze, who wouldn't but when the lofty goal gets sucked out the window, reverting back to a more humble approach is where I'm at presently. Long....till Feb.2014
    I know a lot of people are feeling sad... down feel cheated or borderline depressed either because they have some realized or unrealized losses or just because they feel the company may not even make it too far after today's ER.
    I know it's not going to make anyone feel better but I am holding over 50.000 shares on margin and a ****loads of call options which are gone from + 75% 2 days ago to -95% today...not that this is of any consolation to anyone I know but...

Putting everything into the right perspective is the most important thing. The company is strong I have doubts and serious ones about the management after today but the assets, tangible and intangible ones are there and are clearly undervalued even at 20 or 30 dollars.

Investing in stocks can be sweet but can be very painful as well . You never should invest a penny more than what you are prepared to lose. That is the most important thing to learn today for the new comers to this territory

For the people that have decided to hold the stock. Try not to keep looking at the share price on a daily basis. Try looking weekly or if you can on a monthly basis... trust me it will help a lot...

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:08 AM
    Ill still be here! well on and off haha but still faithful just needing a new leader to inspire
    lcjr and rebekahlynnharrison like this.
    06-28-13 11:09 AM
    about 4.5%
    Wow that is cheap and is about what a 30 year fixed rate mortgage is going for in the US right now after a big run up this week.
    06-28-13 11:09 AM
113,256 ... 14411442144314441445 ...