View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I took a big loss today also. Got a call from the broker, and I had to sell a third of what I had. I have to learn not to load up too much on margin, and keep enough free cash to sustain a 30% drop.
    06-28-13 10:36 AM
    My question is if sales were exceeding expectations as TH boasted, how low were their expectations.

Let's face it, the number of BB10 devices sold was pretty pathetic, almost horrifying. The fact they somehow exceeded what management thought and we ended up where we did is downright scary to me. I don't want them to hit the panic button, but a little sense of urgency from them would be really nice right now.

Still holding on, but I am having a very hard time seeing anything other than a buyout, merger or some other drastic change getting the shares anywhere over $18 in the next year. If and when it it hits $15 and $17 some people are going to feel very tempted to get out and move on.... Here's hoping I am dead wrong on this.
    06-28-13 10:36 AM
    wishful thinking on my part i guess lol

Not a chance. As long at BBRY remains "volatile" shorts will rule.
    06-28-13 10:38 AM
    So, any chance TH will come out with something for the shareholders? Some statement??
    Selling today is so short sighted. At least wait til next week for the bounce...

Not selling a single share here.

Glad to see some leaving this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you should step out as well. No one knows where the stock is headed next week. This isn't a formula.

It could very well keep going south.

One's decision to leave doesn't make them targets for hate. I am selling my position as I don't believe my money is best left in BlackBerry anymore. There is a million stocks on the market, just because one chooses to move their capital doesn't make them bad.
    cjcampbell, lcjr, take99 and 4 others like this.
    So, any chance TH will come out with something for the shareholders? Some statement??
    I wouldn't think so and for your sakes I hope he doesn't. TH doesn't have a good track record when coming out to speak. Plus in most cases I don't think anyone would hah.
    Korepab and lcjr like this.
    06-28-13 10:39 AM
    My question is if sales were exceeding expectations as TH boasted, how low were their expectations.

Let's face it, the number of BB10 devices sold was pretty pathetic, almost horrifying. The fact they somehow exceeded what management thought and we ended up where we did is downright scary to me. I don't want them to hit the panic button, but a little sense of urgency from them would be really nice right now.

Still holding on, but I am having a very hard time seeing anything other than a buyout, merger or some other drastic change getting the shares anywhere over $18 in the next year. If and when it it hits $15 and $17 some people are going to feel very tempted to get out and move on.... Here's hoping I am dead wrong on this.
    Like Charles said, they lied to us. Just plain and simple.

If the sales are bad now, after today, they will not be getting better so I got to agree with you that there is little future for BBRY as we knew it.
    06-28-13 10:40 AM
    The lesson for me is if Thor isn't saying, it is BAD.
    Yes, they are refusing to give info the Street expects and did I see somewhere they were no longer going to give subscriber #'s. No other way to read this other than, if we told you we'd be off 50% today....
    06-28-13 10:40 AM
    Misek is the one that doesn't see a future for BB in the hardware segment. Now I know why he feels that way. Hopefully BB will do well on software side, and we can still make some money on this stock, but it will take time ( and I mean in years, not days or months).
    Korepab likes this.
    06-28-13 10:41 AM
    Not likely. He had his chance this morning.
    lcjr and Bugmapper like this.
    Getting near $11. Expecting things to stay quiet for the next few weeks. Doesn't the low price point attract a lot of new buyers?
    Like Charles said, they lied to us. Just plain and simple.

If the sales are bad now, after today, they will not be getting better so I got to agree with you that there is little future for BBRY as we knew it.
    Today may go down as the day perception became reality. I've warned about it for over a year and hope I am wrong, but I fear reality has come crashing through and hard.
    06-28-13 10:42 AM
    Maybe he could explain why we were mislead on BB10 device sales numbers?

I do not think we will be hearing much from him.

He should move on as far as I am concerned as he has lost the little trust he had.
    06-28-13 10:44 AM
    Today may go down as the day perception became reality. I've warned about it for over a year and hope I am wrong, but I fear reality has come crashing through and hard.
    Yep, I lost a **** load today but I can stand it and will not suffer.

I feel sorry for the people here that could not afford the loss. There are a lot of people here that lost every spare dollar they had and more.
    cjcampbell and Bugmapper like this.
    06-28-13 10:47 AM
    Misek is the one that doesn't see a future for BB in the hardware segment. Now I know why he feels that way. Hopefully BB will do well on software side, and we can still make some money on this stock, but it will take time ( and I mean in years, not days or months).
    This confirms my prediction that Blackberry will become strictly a software giant in the future. By the way, can somebody humor me and give me the low-down on the devices?? I'm at work and can't get to anything right now. No Playbook update, got that... what else??
    Korepab likes this.
    06-28-13 10:47 AM
    I have been lurking here because I did not have anything to contrubute to the already educated exchange, but I have to ask you all (based on Charles' parting words which I found to be true for myself):

Who do you trust in Blackberry right now? Do you trust TH? (I feel he is a German beancounter who has not accomplished anything with respect to "innovation", "customer service," or "PR:" Everything right now has been inherited inertia from the course set with choosing QNX as the platform (for which choice he had no input). However, so far he has outright lied to all by saying demand is there, BBRY is working on apps (which has meant porting thousands of garbage apps instead of partnering with the top developers), and BBRY is working on BB10 for playbooks. He even waited until a conference call to drop the hammer on all PB faithfuls (majority of which are die-hard BBRY faithfuls). He should have cushioned the blow in advanced with leaks, words, etc. I won't even get into his presentation style, e.g. at the BBRY Live chatting with another German guy from Mercedes until everyone fell asleep, etc.)

Do you trust the BBRY board? (I don't. Looks like a bunch of another super-conservating accomplished beancounters. Who is the chairman? An absolute nobody in tech-speak.)

How do you invest in a company if you do not trust the people running it?

The management team said that demand was much better than expected. We've been lied to. They weren't just quiet, they lied. Trust is gone.

What helps me make my decision to leave is that I made a sh!tload off of my BCM today and a lot of my other stocks are green.

I just sold off. All the best!
    anon(4086547) and m0de25 like this.
    06-28-13 10:48 AM

I feel sorry for the people here that could not afford the loss. There are a lot of people here that lost every spare dollar they had and more.
    I really hate being -$1,740 right now, but luckily the money I invest is money I can put on hold someplace and wait for better times. I'll definately be ok and don't plan on leaving just yet. Hopefully everyone stays around and I don't want to see ANYONE leaving this thread.
    06-28-13 10:51 AM
    It only lost 26%!

06-28-13 10:52 AM
    I took a big loss today also. Got a call from the broker, and I had to sell a third of what I had. I have to learn not to load up too much on margin, and keep enough free cash to sustain a 30% drop.
    another great lesson is to utilize something like an LOC (not tied to your home), so you are not forced into a position of liquidation at the worst possible time. You can hold longer, wait for the dust to settle and then decide at what price to sell.
    psy fi and matthewriedle like this.
    06-28-13 10:53 AM
    I have been lurking here because I did not have anything to contrubute to the already educated exchange, but I have to ask you all (based on Charles' parting words which I found to be true for myself):

Who do you trust in Blackberry right now? Do you trust TH? (I feel he is a German beancounter who has not accomplished anything with respect to "innovation", "customer service," or "PR:" Everything right now has been inherited inertia from the course set with choosing QNX as the platform (for which choice he had no input). However, so far he has outright lied to all by saying demand is there, BBRY is working on apps (which has meant porting thousands of garbage apps instead of partnering with the top developers), and BBRY is working on BB10 for playbooks. He even waited until a conference call to drop the hammer on all PB faithfuls (majority of which are die-hard BBRY faithfuls). He should have cushioned the blow in advanced with leaks, words, etc. I won't even get into his presentation style, e.g. at the BBRY Live chatting with another German guy from Mercedes until everyone fell asleep, etc.)

Do you trust the BBRY board? (I don't. Looks like a bunch of another super-conservating accomplished beancounters. Who is the chairman? An absolute nobody in tech-speak.)

How do you invest in a company if you do not trust the people running it?
    With those lies they give you an opportunity to sell today at $11. z10 and q10 sales would be much lower with the truth known months ago.
    danprown likes this.
    06-28-13 10:54 AM
    C'mon CDN dollar... let's lose some more value...lol I'm into BB on the TSX
    06-28-13 10:55 AM
    I just sold off. All the best!
    I hope you will stick around, at least to taunt us all.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but at this price point, couldn't BBRY use 1/3 of its cash to buy up 25% of the float - thus keeping only the serious investors in the loop - and cut out this rest of this mess?
    At some freaking point, BBRY has to be considered undervalued to the point that cash on hand can buyback almost 80% of the firms MV... This is a major correction, but there is no way mathematically it holds. this will be back above $12 in less than 10 trading days form now... period. Maybe even next week.
    Doesn't matter how much they missed on eps this time around, BB is not dead - the numbers clearly show that in terms of revenue growth and cash growth. NO ONE goes out of business when they're churning cash and growing their top line - all while phasing out an older line.

For next Q - what's the hurdle to success?
    No Sub #'s will be given
    All they have to do is beat 2.75MM units to grow Q/Q and Y/Y.
    Marketing expenses and inventory buildup will start to ease which brings expenses down by over $100-250Million.

I smell setup - and LCJR may be onto something... Sept Q blow-out it is. I refuse to believe we were wrong about this. I for one did NOT expect $0.60 eps - nor even half of that, and if I take $72Million loss form Venezuela and add to my estimates, I too show a loss - though not quite $0.13.
    Without sub #'s and with an expected loss next Q, there is NOTHING the shorts can say unless the devices don't sell...
    another great lesson is to utilize something like an LOC (not tied to your home), so you are not forced into a position of liquidation at the worst possible time. You can hold longer, wait for the dust to settle and then decide at what price to sell.
    Yep, if I was going to sell, I'd wait at least a day or so to see if the SP rises even a bit so it would cut down on losses.
    Hey guys I know I have been MIA for the last couple months, New baby and all, but wow what a shocker! I cant believe how bad the numbers were and how bad the fall out is. If I loose it all its not terrible for me personally but I still feel BBRY has something to offer but that management def needs to be shaken up. Thor lying is inexcusable, he's a PR nightmare and terrible speaker. SO big question, and sorry if this has been said I don't have time to read the 500 pages im behind on lol, is anyone holding hope for a return to profitability or just hoping for a sell out?
    lcjr and Bugmapper like this.
113,250 ... 14401441144214431444 ...