Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So, is the $100 party cancelled?
    $10 party at McDonalds @ King/Columbia?
    lcjr, take99, cjcampbell and 6 others like this.
    06-28-13 08:53 AM
    Oh no! We'll just be a lot older than originally planned. Some of us will be arriving in a wheel chair instead of the sports car. lol
    take99, jrwb6e, cjcampbell and 7 others like this.
    06-28-13 08:54 AM
    so who's going to the AGM? seems like there will be questions that need to be answered
    We have a BBM group to organize pre- and post-meeting meetups (i.e. coffee and lunch) for anyone from this thread who is going to the AGM on July 9 at 10am in Waterloo.

Barcode follows:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry_agm_barcode.png
    cjcampbell likes this.
    Alright, some positive spin now :
    Dedicated publication as the "Utimate Q10 / Z10 guide" just went out.
    In any press kiosk near me ...
    Yeah! I was worried about plaguing the forums with annoying newbie questions when I get my Q10
    I can tell you that there is NO way that I'm doing any google/bing searches for BlackBerry today hahahha
    Moi aussi
    cjcampbell likes this.
    Let's see how it goes next week. Today is not the day to be making rash decisions. IMHO
    Might be time for a new avatar
    Oh no! We'll just be a lot older than originally planned. Some of us will be arriving in a wheel chair instead of the sports car. lol
    A wheel chair with sweet rims!
    lcjr, cjcampbell, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-28-13 08:55 AM
    Delayed until the end of the Marathon.
    lcjr and bondary like this.
    06-28-13 08:55 AM
    I thought most bulls from the last two quarters said the company would be profitable in 2014 and not this year. I remember a few articles stating that, what changed and why panic now?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:56 AM
    We have a BBM group to organize pre- and post-meeting meetups (i.e. coffee and lunch) for anyone from this thread who is going to the AGM on July 9 at 10am in Waterloo.

Barcode follows:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbry_agm_barcode.png 
Views:	548 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	176917
    Just know that after this ER they will probably have installed metal detectors at the doors so plan accordingly. lol
    06-28-13 08:57 AM
    Is a close above 12$ wishful thinking?

Posted via CB10
    I am afraid so. I am thinking/hoping we do not go below $9!

Where is Morgan. Maybe we all need a chart!
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    I sold all for 11.15 tsx. ugly loss to take. But when I saw 9this morning it was unbearable so even if we climbed back abit ill take 11.15 over 9 any day.
    I've posted an ad for my Z10 (and PlayBook soon) on GumTree, I think I wanna jump ship. After the announcement of the PlayBook not receiving the BB10 update, they might aswell have pulled my pants down. I'll still be holding my shares, no doubt.
    How much?
    I thought most bulls from the last two quarters said the company would be profitable in 2014 and not this year. I remember a few articles stating that, what changed and why panic now?

Posted via CB10
    Guidance was very poor and the emphasis on extremely competitive environment is not helping.
    06-28-13 08:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Because its fy2014 now and thats what they were talking about
    True but put things in perspective. One year ago they were struggling with legacy devices but they are now firmly into new platform. If this does not warrant improvement, I don't know what does. Question is how much improvement they need to deliver and whether they have today. I guess not.

Posted via CB10
    They are firmly committed to the new platform but it is not firmly planted yet. It's been 5 months since it launched and it still hasn't reached all of their markets yet. I have great perspective on this. I am pissed with the numbers and call but take away the window dressings and this sell off is a huge overreaction. They are fundamentally sound. Aside from an entire market not paying up on their ******* fees, they would have come in on their previous guidance... more or less.
    Anyone else like that the cash reserves increased $200 million.
    I generally am more focused on cash flow from operations than EPS, though EPS is easier to talk about because that number is more out there.
    A company that has a "bad" quarter and still finishes up $200 million in cash isn't doing all that badly.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not panicking at all and I think I'm holding a significant amount more than most people in this thread. I've always said I'll hold until 2014.

My only regret in regards to today was checking my phone when I went to take a whizz in the middle of the night and seeing all the SeekingAlpha emails flooding my inbox in regards to the earnings results.

Couldn't sleep after that! Lol
    Postponed...lol
    06-28-13 08:59 AM
    we're also in mercury retrograde, people. "if something can go wrong, it will." fear not, it will be over jul 20.
    Some sex would be good right about now.
    Kid Vibe, Korepab, dusdal and 3 others like this.
    Thanks Yang Fui for the reply.

Well, either I sell off right now and take a loss or stick to my original plan... Hold for a year. If I sell now, it would mean that my emotions took over and I really didn't analyze the situation in the long term thoroughly enough. I'll stay with you guys. Yes, the psychological emotions on this board are crazy, but remember... You are the only person responsible for your actions. Take everything with a grain of salt and analyze from both directions.

I like Blackberry... Their balance sheet is STRONG. They even stated that they took a hit in some parts in order to increase cash for future investments. They have big names lined up for BES10 and they are still the most secure network out there. Shorts are controlling this stock for now, the media is behind it too... This is unfortunate, but how long can this play out. They want BB to die but how can a company die when it has over 3 billion in cash! Comparing last year and this year is like night and day. TH is doing well, he just is not a great speaker... But I'd rather have someone who is a great leader and CEO than someone who just showboats. TH gets things done, which is what I like. I really do hope BB does not hit below 10 on the TSX... For now, lets see how things play out.

Peace! Oh, and its only just money
    Just catching up on the call now. Evasive on gross margins and sell through questions indicate that each of those are not a good story. Doesn't help that they didn't answer the questions very well. Do these guys prep at all for analyst questions??
    06-28-13 09:00 AM
    Still Q1, we have a long way to go.

Because its fy2014 now and thats what they were talking about
    bungaboy likes this.

Posted via CB10
    This is fiscal year 2014. There are 3 more quarters to go. Lots of time.
    jxnb, bungaboy and Foliebergere like this.
113,251 ... 14351436143714381439 ...