View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Dude, it's over 2 years old. get over it.
    Yeah, but it's still a capable device and it hasn't been updated since the Z10 launched.

It deserves some attention.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-28-13 08:23 AM
    Did they say that they were going out of business? No.

Did they say that they see no future? No.

I'm heading off to enjoy the long week-end. Chat next week!
    Sounds like a plan. Can't recall if you did unload half your position a couple of days ago. If so, you're the smartest on the board.
    Would you recommend averaging down or wait until next week?
    I'm holding. I never jump on the bandwagon.
    nquyen and bungaboy like this.
    Panic selling is the absolute worst desicion. I'm hanging around, potentially adding more if this stays low early next week in order to get my average price down a little lower.

I'm still long, can't say I'm all that surprised by today but what are you going to do?

Hopefully some of our extremely well-respected posters don't bolt for the door anytime soon, would hate to lose you guys
    06-28-13 08:24 AM
    I'm not claiming to be an expert, and who knows, maybe it'll tank some more next week...but I would say definitely don't sell today. Especially not at the bell.

Let it settle.
    This is great advice. There will be tumult today and in the next couple of trading sessions. Wait for the SP to find its way. Extreme moves usually exhibit some elasticity--I expect a short-term springback (a week or two) especially considering that the long-term story has not changed a bit.
    06-28-13 08:27 AM
    No it doesn't. unless they are planning on releasing a new one they should begin winding it down. I have a playbook and I like it and I use it all the time but it is not where BB should concentrating their resources. Not even by a long shot.
    jrwb6e and anon(4086547) like this.
    06-28-13 08:27 AM
    Panic selling is the absolute worst desicion. I'm hanging around, potentially adding more if this stays low early next week in order to get my average price down a little lower.

I'm still long, can't say I'm all that surprised by today but what are you going to do?

Hopefully some of our extremely well-respected posters don't bolt for the door anytime soon, would hate to lose you guys
    As I've stated previously, I'm a 5 year investor. The short term value of the stock doesn't mean much to me.

But I may increase my position at this price point.
    06-28-13 08:28 AM
    Couple more minutes until markets open and the margin calls hit. Lol

First hour should be ugly
    06-28-13 08:28 AM
    Think that IF BBRY is able to sell smartphones and increase their marketshare, it is going to be VERY slowly.

In many markets the Z10 and Q10 are priced too high, these markets won't see growth until a "cheap" BB10 device is released.

In many markets the qualities of an original BlackBerry on BIS or BESX were much sought after - the BB10 device are not BlackBerry's in that sense anymore. Legacy device's on cheaper data plans, or worse just cheaper devices on the same plans that BB10 devices use are going to be hard to beat.

New Platform, New Devices - Governments & Big Business are slow about converting to something new.... Company I work for still puts Windows XP on all their machines. Even here in the US I bet legacy devices are selling better to BBRY's larger accounts.

Think this is going to be a SLOW recovery...
    06-28-13 08:29 AM
    is anyone perturbed by the lack of sell through information? No figures or even percentages were given.
    I'm not really disturbed by it as I don't think any other handset manufacturer gives sell through information.
    Also the carriers buy the phones and they are cautious, so they rarely stockpile too much. BBRY has no pull with those guys to force a channel stuff. And so far BBRY has shipped high priced phones. So there is room to drop the price and sell.
    The Facebook Phone HTC First was such a flop it was killed immediately. But AT&T dropped the price $100 and sold out of them.
    06-28-13 08:30 AM
    No it doesn't. unless they are planning on releasing a new one they should begin winding it down. I have a playbook and I like it and I use it all the time but it is not where BB should concentrating their resources. Not even by a long shot.
    I'd just like the BB10 browser and Cascades. There's some apps that I use regularly that have migrated to BB10 for further updates and now I'll never be able to use them on my PB.

And USB host.
    It was nice knowing you guys.
    Did someone on the call ask wtf they were ramping production up for?
    peter9477, m0de25 and jhill396 like this.
    06-28-13 08:31 AM
    I don't remember a question like that being asked.
    06-28-13 08:33 AM
    Good question
    Ah, I see what the problem was...
    Like the silent "h" in Thorsten, the several tens of millions actually has a couple of silent zero's.
    Been holding 4 years now and I guess I'm holding a lot longer. Let's hope a partnership turns up soon - looks like BB really needs it.
    matthewriedle likes this.
    Ideally I would like to see returns earlier rather than later but in the end...summer 2014 is when I'm expecting to completely exit. That will make a 2 year hold. Things could obviously change though. I'm 21 and would like to be able to roll this into a downpayment for a 2 or 3-family house, considering my average sp right now is right around $15, I still feel confident that in another 12-18 months we'll all be happy.
    Q10 and Q5....
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    My average in $16. Not sure now when will I be able to see that price again. Probably if some one take over BB and if they premium price. Very disappointing results.
    06-28-13 08:35 AM
    Thanks to the shorts somebody will be buying, taking profits, esp on a hint the low is in
    06-28-13 08:35 AM
    so who's going to the AGM? seems like there will be questions that need to be answered
    06-28-13 08:36 AM
    look at volum 16.57 M share traded within 6 minutes !! amazing.
    06-28-13 08:37 AM
    so who's going to the AGM? seems like there will be questions that need to be answered
    Wouldn't be surprised to see some fists and chairs thrown.
    lcjr likes this.
    Well this was fun, anyone else think it's time to sell the company?
    DISCLAIMER.... DO NOT PLAY AT WORK!!!!!

This may be worth an infraction but man it's funny.....

06-28-13 08:38 AM
113,256 ... 14331434143514361437 ...