View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I still can't believe 2.7mm bb10 devices sell-in in the quarter.
    That's less than 1mm a month, and he said channel inventory was BUILDING for BB10.

I'm not averaging this one down. This thing is a disaster.
    06-28-13 08:04 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ozzynewglobalcd.jpg

keep moving....
    Nindia, OMGitworks and 1stTry like this.
    06-28-13 08:05 AM
    News trumps charts.
    I think we could all use another chart showing how we're finally going to break through $15 right about now.
    It will bounce back, but -EPS is hard to swallow.
    They increased their cash position significantly though.

They cannibalized EPS to make sure they have free cash flow.
    yep, they wouldn't even give a percentage like last time, so it's bad, less than 50 percent would be my guess, if it was 2/3 like last time they would've given the info. 1.3-1.4 mill sell through is prob. accurate
    Thanks. Sobering stuff.
    06-28-13 08:06 AM
    1. At less than $10, shorts should start covering and booking THEIR profits.
    2. Act of covering (and booking profits) will make stock price go higher again!
    Right? 180M+ shares need to be covered.

We were hoping for short-squeeze where shorts are covering their losses. But can't we see another short-squeeze where shorts are booking their profits?
    You got a good point. Nokia also had a bad last quarter. Their short position:

Nokia Corporation (NOK) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    We've all been had.
    nquyen, Nindia, OMGitworks and 3 others like this.
    You got a good point. Nokia also had a bad last quarter. Their short position:

Nokia Corporation (NOK) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    The fact that we're comparing BlackBerry to Nokia right now is not a good sign...

Lol
    06-28-13 08:07 AM
    Have the decency to buy me dinner first, Mr. Heins
    Nindia and fedakd like this.
    If it weren't for not being paid by Venezuela, they would have come close to their guidance of break even.
    bungaboy, Korepab, take99 and 2 others like this.
    My early take:

1. For some of you, selling now at a big loss is probably exactly the wrong thing to do.

2. I'm disappointed about BB10 on PlayBook, but aside from that they basically met their stated expectations, so the reaction seems hyperbolic. I expect a bounce-back once the pot has been stirred enough. There are a lot of shorts who will cover now.

3. The biggest thing this does is clear up a LOT of uncertainty. That was the reason for the extraordinarily wide range of predictions, and if there's a silver lining it's that things should be much less volatile for the next while. (This is why many shorts will finally cover. They just wanted to make money and they've just done that.)

4. Prem was never in this for the short term... this is probably noise to him.

5. We needed more cowbell.
    Ok, I'm in for 150 shares more, market price with a limit at $CAN 11.5.
    Let's see if we break this after the bell (no PM buy capabilities for me).
    bungaboy and dusdal like this.
    Holy shmokies. I cannot even believe it. I think I'll need a zantac today for sure. I am down now 28% gahhhhhh.
    That said, I don't EVER panic sell. That's just plain stupid. So if we single digit, I buy. Until then, I do nothing, well....lets just say I'll be shovelling a heck of a lot of mulch today to work my steam off and at least both my kids are at home now so they're the perfect distraction.
    06-28-13 08:08 AM
    We've all been had.
    Only by ourselves.
    06-28-13 08:08 AM
    I agree!

More cowbell!
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 08:09 AM
    So if I heard the conference call correctly, EPS comes out to a loss of 5 cents?
    06-28-13 08:10 AM
    someone on this board said that FCF is more important than EPS right?

They increased their cash position significantly though.

They cannibalized EPS to make sure they have free cash flow.
    Holy shmokies. I cannot even believe it. I think I'll need a zantac today for sure. I am down now 28% gahhhhhh.
    you can have your zantac, while the rest of us pop our xanax.
    From $14.5 to possible single digits...
    What about breakeven EPS?

If you ignore the Venezuelan special case, it's ($0.03), right? I don't see losing $16M as being that hard to swallow in a quarter that mostly didn't have the Q10 selling in it.
    06-28-13 08:11 AM
    Can anyone advice if an sell stop order was placed base on an earlier numbers, would that be filled to an earlier buyer at that price?
    1. At less than $10, shorts should start covering and booking THEIR profits.
    2. Act of covering (and booking profits) will make stock price go higher again!
    Right? 180M+ shares need to be covered.

We were hoping for short-squeeze where shorts are covering their losses. But can't we see another short-squeeze where shorts are booking their profits?

I think we see more shorts pile on because this is hard to swallow and many longs will sell. Long squeeze seems to be playing out before the short one. $9 is totally possible. No major news to help push price up. Looks like you missed the chance again to sell before earnings and buy back on the drop. I did too. I thought we would nail it this time.
    take99 and Compaqee like this.
    If it makes anyone feel any better, this is reminiscent of the SP-action after the last quarter's earnings report during which the SP fell from about $14 (US) to about $10.5 in the next trading days. Then it popped all the way to $18.32 in the following weeks. I am not saying this will happen but I am saying that if you believe in the bigger picture and the longer view then closing a long position based on what's happening TODAY is probably not a good idea. Just remember: When you have an extended pennant and the hint of a descending triangle (something I had mentioned), you have to be prepared that there usually will be significant move to the upside or downside--the hit of descending triangle was not a good sign...

CJ observed yesterday that we were pretty much dead-center in the extended pennant so absolutely no one could truly have "predicted" just based on chart data which way the SP would go no matter how authoritative they appear or how eloquent they sound. We just as easily could have shot up above the pennant but sadly due to a very poorly conducted (IMHO) conference call and little much-needed positive guidance, we fell to undesirable side of the pennant.

As some have already mentioned here, shorts will cover to lock in profits and that will help the SP recover a bit. It's probably wise to let this dust settle at least beyond next week, which is a holiday week in the US.
    It's fighting back, THATTA GIRL
    Looks like I'm in it for the long haul, not much choice now.
    Yup, for the better and the worse. Here we are guys. Again.
    We're not dancing, but I hope I'll grab some cheap ones ... even forced a bit to 150 at $CAN 11.5 instead of 100 I tried at CAN$ 14 last weeks.
    May turn out to be a good for a bad
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-28-13 at 08:28 AM.
    nquyen, bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    06-28-13 08:12 AM
113,256 ... 14311432143314341435 ...