View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That's on my wish list too; goodish ER numbers are already expected - given the hype, I doubt the ER numbers regardless how amazing will blow the pundit's socks off. What could blow their socks off is if there were unexpected partnerships/licenses announced. A SONY & Lenova licensing deal WILL cause a nutty spike. Short on that, I can't see the SP soaring to new heights.
    Are partnership or licensing announcement done during the conference call? I am of the opinion that these types of announcements are done at other events such as bbw.
    06-28-13 03:41 AM
    In simple terms : these are "automatic" orders with long (or no) expiration dates you set on your account.
    stop limit is the price you set to identify the moment where you must sell your shares to avoid a big loss in case of crash.
    buy limit is the price you set to fire a buy order when you believe the price is worthy.

Usually, you set stop when you trade or want to avoid a cataclysmic loss. In the second scenario I believe a $10-11 stop (35 to 50% loss) could be somehow reasonable. For buy ... well ...

To sum up, I'd say in our most current case here (long), only the stop should be set, if ever you're affraid you might loose more than x% of your investment, whatever your time target is.

Hope it's clear ... I need a coffee right now ... we made a "tour de France" of wine yesterday ... happily they were good bottles ... but I need some coffee ... coffeeeeeeeee !
    Thanks! Slowly wrapping my head around all of this
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-28-13 03:42 AM
    No school, going to wake up early to catch the ER
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    06-28-13 03:42 AM
    Hey gang, it's beer thirty here in the Gangnam district in Seoul Korea. I haven't had the chance to feed my nasty addiction to this amazing thread for the last few days as my schedule has been unrelenting. I finally have a few hours to relax and have a couple of beers and check in with you all.
    Interestingly, I ran into Reed Hastings in the hotel lobby yesterday. And less interestingly so, that's where the story ends. I was stepping out of the elevator as he was making his way in. I recognized him as we passed and the words "Hey, Netflix" came out of my mouth rather than something more appropriate like "Hi Mr. Hastings," lol. Anyway, he heard me and gave me a huge smile and a wave from inside the elevator. Unfortunately, before I could whip out my Z10 and lodge my complaint about a BB10 app, the doors closed and he was gone. I'll be here until the end of the week and will make sure to lay into him if I see him again.
    Earnings in just a few hours and I can't wait to hear about all of the progress our favorite company has made over the past quarter. Good day all!

[ATTACH]176867[/ATTAhCH]

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000296.jpg  
    06-28-13 04:04 AM
    I have no worries, but the only concern I still have is that since we are all over BB everyday reading every article that maybe we have built this up too much. Could be a non-event ER and the SP remains where it is or goes up just slightly. I'm not getting my hopes up this time, I'm focusing on the Sep ER.
    ^This^

I too, am afraid we are all expecting way too much from this ER. An "only warm" ER could really disappoint. We will really be getting the Z10 sales results and not the Q10. Just the rumors of only a "warm" welcome of the Z10 in the USA scares me.

I fear turbulent times are going to plague BBRY for a year or so. So many shorts.

Good luck to us all!
    06-28-13 04:18 AM
    Bring it!!
    junelises likes this.
    06-28-13 04:40 AM
    Good Morning All. This is my first post on this thread, yet I read through every day. I just posted the comment below on Seeking Alpha in response to Mark McQueen article (Throwing In The Towel On My BlackBerry Shares - Seeking Alpha) and thought I would share with my CrackBerry family. I welcome any responses. Cheers to what I think will be a GREAT DAY!

First off, I am one of the few who can appreciate where Mr. McQueen in coming from. With the emotion removed from his two recent articles, there is very valuable information that BlackBerry should use as constructive criticism to improve BB10. I understand the frustration of any loyal BB user who upgraded to BB10. There is certainly a learning curve to the new BB10 devices and there are also features that legacy BB users are missing. That being said, I think once this new platform evolves and fixes some of the author’s complaints, it will be something special. As a NY business power user, the Z10 has been a tremendous pleasure to use and I look forward to converting to the Q10 after a trial run. From a business user’s standpoint, there is no second to the Q10 (okay, maybe a 9930). But that's me. Others are more resistant to change.

On the market side, I am LONG BBRY, and have been accumulating shares for the past (16) months (all purchased under $14/SP). I am thrilled with the way things are unfolding with this company. I can't comprehend any analyst or investor who can't see past the hardware side of this business. Thorsten Heins is a top notch CEO, and has righted this ship with laser focus. BES10, BBM and QNX could unleash some serious value in this company, yet everyone only talks about how many BB10 devices have been sold since Jan 30th, 2013. Ridiculous! Regardless of what Q1F2014 ER brings, this company is here to stay and will prosper in time within its niche. All this market pressure and short selling will shake out any loose hands. The value has yet to come for this company that was just reborn. Just hang in there, poised like Prema!

On a closing note, I owe a great deal of appreciation to so many contributors on this site - Michael Blair, Infinity Group, Michael Collins, Kurt Windibank, Ziffster, and several others. I am an informed investor thanks to your wisdom.
    06-28-13 04:51 AM
    Lunch time here in Spain and I'm ready to follow the ER. Hopefully this is a good day so I can celebrate with some sangras on the last day of my vacation.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-28-13 05:31 AM
    Premarket is in RALLY MODE!
    06-28-13 05:37 AM
    Good luck to all! Fingers crossed,
    06-28-13 05:41 AM
    Pre-market: 14.75 +0.27 (1.86%)
    06-28-13 05:42 AM
    Great day for some greater news!!

I'm looking at the results and heading out for the day. I'm expecting a lot of BS from the short dogs and a raid of some sort but a nice climb afterwards.

Don't be worried about the BS, we always get it and it's always disproven.

CJ, beat that bloody cowbell brother!!!!

Magic 8 Ball said to the following question:

Will the BBRY share price end the day higher?

"Concentrate and ask again. "

So, I asked again and the reply was a simple : "YES"
    06-28-13 05:43 AM
    I'm really hoping they provide more clarity on the software and services side of the business. Most of us here see the opportunity, but IMO it it still unlear to the market, and the stock price is not reflecting the potential there. Once it is clear to all, the shorts will run for the exits.
    06-28-13 06:00 AM
    Wtf?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 06:02 AM
    I'm hoping to see numbers released from their website. Last quarter I thought you hear from the call first but people spoiled the numbers here before the call so now I'm waiting on BB's website. Ill check in later
    06-28-13 06:02 AM
    anyone have a link to the results
    06-28-13 06:03 AM
    Down 13%, what's happening?!??!
    ouch PM is doooooooowwwwn -10,91%
    How deep will they go ... ?
    Not good. Loss of 0.13
    I'm hoping to see numbers released from their website. Last quarter I thought you hear from the call first but people spoiled the numbers here before the call so now I'm waiting on BB's website. Ill check in later
    the results are released an hour before the call like always
    Not good. Loss of 0.13
    EPS or share price?
    06-28-13 06:04 AM
    They reported a loss of .13c
    06-28-13 06:04 AM
    Did I read a loss?????
    06-28-13 06:05 AM
    They reported a loss of .13c
    holy **** really?
    06-28-13 06:05 AM