Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What the.... I thought cash was 2.9... that says 1.5

Posted via CB10
    short term investment is at 1.105 billion and long term is at 221 million. Add them to cash you and you've got 2.875 billion. That's the number we had in mind.
    06-27-13 09:20 PM
    Huh, ... the site I get information from says 2.7

So confused

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-27-13 09:20 PM
    Ok, I see now, so confused. I should just go to bed

It's 2.65. Long term implies that it is not readily convertible into cash.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-27-13 09:23 PM
    I hope you are right. $75 by October sounds really optimistic, but anything could happen if there was a short squeeze sometime later this year.

My also meaningless prediction:

No short squeeze tomorrow
    Earnings will beat the expectation by a lot ($0.50 / share) but subs will drop.
    SP will go up to about $15 and then go up slowly throughout the coming weeks (until end of July) until it gets somewhere around $17. During the month of August, the SP will fluctuate between 17 and 18 and when the September ER hits, the stock will shoot up to $30 and during the month of October it will gradually rise to $50. After the December ER the stock will be at $75.
    06-27-13 09:23 PM
    I hope you are right. $75 by October sounds really optimistic, but anything could happen if there was a short squeeze.
    I want it at the open tomorrow. Screw August.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 09:25 PM
    I have no worries, but the only concern I still have is that since we are all over BB everyday reading every article that maybe we have built this up too much. Could be a non-event ER and the SP remains where it is or goes up just slightly. I'm not getting my hopes up this time, I'm focusing on the Sep ER.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    06-27-13 09:32 PM
    Huh, ... the site I get information from says 2.7

So confused

Posted via CB10
    Would be nice to have over 3b in cash after er

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-27-13 09:34 PM
    I have no worries, but the only concern I still have is that since we are all over BB everyday reading every article that maybe we have built this up too much. Could be a non-event ER and the SP remains where it is or goes up just slightly. I'm not getting my hopes up this time, I'm focusing on the Sep ER.
    I kinda agree but kinda don't. Both sides want out of this consolidation. Whether it goes up or down is what we shall find out tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    06-27-13 09:36 PM
    does anyone know if public can listen in on the call like last time? if so whats the conference call number?
    06-27-13 09:44 PM
    Yeah, group think is always a risk with this kind of forum.
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-27-13 09:50 PM
    Someone needs to post every 5 minutes until er. Who is taking the night shift?

_dimi_ and matthewriedle like this.
    06-27-13 10:04 PM
    IMHO only way a squeeze happens is if it was manufactured. Could happen.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you still learning to use the c rack berry app. Well, tomorrow we will all be happy crackheads, or be on cracked. Even with a decent ER, we can't be sure the stock will take off as sit should.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 10:06 PM
    I just got my Q10 yesterday for AT&T.
    This thing is a beast.

Battery life, keyboard size, touch screen+hard key integration, and SO much more.

Lack of trackpad is slightly inconvenient but I have a feeling that we're soon going to see alternative methods for copying, pasting, etc.

I started my investment on this company mainly because I liked their product - even the legacy devices.
    And they did a fantastic job renewing themselves.

I wish for the success of the company not just because I've got my money on them, but because I wish good for the company that had provided/continues to provide many benefits through their products.

Good luck to all tomorrow.
    As for me, even if the stock doesn't go up in near future, I'd still give an applause to all the employees for their devotion despite the ridicules of the world.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 10:07 PM
    Is the ER out yet ? I'm bored waiting.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    cjcampbell, ItsTheBox and bungaboy like this.
    06-27-13 10:12 PM
    Someone needs to post every 5 minutes until er. Who is taking the night shift?

Not me man. I'm about to call it an early night in a few.
    06-27-13 10:14 PM
    Is the ER out yet ? I'm bored waiting.

Are you staying up for it???
    06-27-13 10:15 PM
    Question for you guys. If I can pick up 500 shares tomorrow (TSX) where it closed at 15.05 should I put a buy order tonight for .06 or do you think it may drop into the 14.90 then bounce back or should I try and watch rate throughout the day and try and get a dip?
    06-27-13 10:18 PM
    Are you staying up for it???
    I'll never make it... good night.

cjcampbell and La Emperor like this.
    06-27-13 10:25 PM
    short term investment is at 1.105 billion and long term is at 221 million. Add them to cash you and you've got 2.875 billion. That's the number we had in mind.
    Thanks for clarifying. =)
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-27-13 10:29 PM
    Question for you guys. If I can pick up 500 shares tomorrow (TSX) where it closed at 15.05 should I put a buy order tonight for .06 or do you think it may drop into the 14.90 then bounce back or should I try and watch rate throughout the day and try and get a dip?
    Seeing that nobody knows what's going to happen tomorrow during the ER, can you wait to hear the results first? If the news is sounding good you could place the order, same if the report is average.
    06-27-13 10:32 PM
    Well, time to hit the rack gang. I get up at 6 am my time so ill check first thing and see if you guys have posted anything here or on BBM.

Good night all.
    cjcampbell and tygros like this.
    06-27-13 10:34 PM
    If the news is amazing... it'll be very hard to buy anywhere near the closing price of 15.05.

Stock has to either perform like it did during the last quarterly, or the quarter (news) under performs.
    06-27-13 10:52 PM
    I think I want to look foolish and publish my stats for tomorrow's Q1 report:

So here goes!

- Cash last quarter was $ 2.946 billion, I see that going up by $ 200 million
    - Core Program ends in Q1 with a total of $ 1.5 billion in savings helping to push cash higher
    - Subs are down by 1.5 million unless Thor comes out with the new formula for calculating BlackBerry customers in which case, we are higher by 1 million
    - BB 10 phones - 5.5 million
    - BB-07 phones - 3.5 million
    - Revenues at $ 4.3 billion
    - EPS including additional tax incentives at .60/shr
    - Sell Through of phones at 8.0 units
    - Inventory build of $ 300 million

Highlights will include more talk about partnerships
    More product launches and BB 10.2

Finally the stock has huge support at $ 13.50/shr and a breakout at $ 16.25/shr - I say we end strong on the upside if Heins changes the way BB reports subs tomorrow.

That's it! Good night and good luck everyone!!
    ItsTheBox, dusdal, _dimi_ and 20 others like this.
    06-27-13 10:54 PM
    does anyone know if public can listen in on the call like last time? if so whats the conference call number?
    Yes, you can join the webcast. Details here...

http://ca.blackberry.com/company/investors/events.html
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-27-13 11:07 PM
    I kinda agree but kinda don't. Both sides want out of this consolidation. Whether it goes up or down is what we shall find out tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    The scenarios I see are:
    * .75/share and more equals short squeeze into 20+.
    * .50 to. 74, a good day and eventual new 52 week high within a month.
    * .25 to. 49. Could be neutral for tomorrow but shares will continue slow uptrend.
    * .10 to. 24. The devil will be in the detail. The next 3 months could be like the last 3 months. Back to the starting line.
    * under .10 is not good, the bears will have their day.
    I expect the 2nd or 3rd scenario, but wouldn't be surprised with the first.
    06-27-13 11:15 PM
113,256 ... 14181419142014211422 ...