View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yes, I am.

My wife is due with our second any day now and she is having minor contractions. I'm worried I may miss the ER.
    We are very understanding and will forgive your absence. LoL

Good luck and best wishes.

If it's a boy call him "Barry" LoL
    06-27-13 05:54 PM
    Hi guys!

My guess is 4.7 Mio BB10 devices and 2.2 Mio BBOS devices. I'd consider this to be a good start.. not sure if they even have the working capital to produce +10 Mio devices?! Think they have gotten way more careful after the PlayBook..

Posted via CB10
    Bump :-) let's see tomorrow if I was close
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-27-13 05:56 PM
    So with 1 mill phones coming from one order, basically need to ship only 2 million more over 3 months for the minimum the bears are suggesting

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-27-13 05:58 PM
    Ok.... off topic... How can this thread churn out page after page yet not be in the "trending" section at the top left? There have been 16 pages added today alone.. lol
    These threads aren't included in that. Either is the 50,000 thread as they are considered off topic or some other crud.

Yet a hate provoking trollish lie of a thread can trend.. Go figure.
    Lehomer and cjcampbell like this.
    06-27-13 06:02 PM
    So with 1 mill phones coming from one order, basically need to ship only 2 million more over 3 months for the minimum the bears are suggesting

Not necessarily. That 1mil was probably over more than a quarter. Unless they shipped all 1mm in Q1, that entire 1mm won't be counted in sales. Nonetheless, I think they should comfortably beat the 3.5mm.

Unfortunately, the closer they are to the 3.5mm, the more the bearish analysts will attribute it all to channel stuffing, and since there are "more returns than sales", so clearly that inventory is going to sit there until the end of time and never move...
    06-27-13 06:02 PM

Yabut...them bears are not da brightest stars in the sky.

Lol...those numbers are just ridiculous. Based on weird math made up for the sell side houses...tomorrow we should eliminate that trick from their bag.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 06-27-13 at 06:29 PM.
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    06-27-13 06:03 PM
    Ok.... off topic... How can this thread churn out page after page yet not be in the "trending" section at the top left? There have been 16 pages added today alone.. lol
    This thread is a hidden gem in the Crackberry world. Its how we keep the "first" posters of the world at bay.
    06-27-13 06:06 PM
    I'm going out on a limb here. I have tried to not give any guess at sales numbers but hey, 3 down and many more in the fridge, I figure on ER's eve, I'll toss out a number......

..... Based on the fact that they started production in December, as what I can gather anyway, we've had 6 months of builds to account for. Now, assuming it started off with approx. 1m per mth for the first 2 mths, followed by an uptick to 1.5 followed by 2+, I think it would be safe to say that they have made approx 8-10 million devices up until the end of the quarter. Based on these very loose numbers and guestimates, I will put my guess in at 6-7 million BB10 units shipped with a sell through of approx 80%. I won't give any guess on BBOS as there really isn't any info to work off of.
    06-27-13 06:11 PM
    Wooh finally got my z10 love it! I hope ER will be good. I put my money where my mouth is and got the phone along with the stock. Staying long but days like today is hard.

A Lot said about a short squeeze. I know there is a chance but what is the probably it will happen just after earnings (if it is very good)?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:12 PM
    Think your bang on CJ...only thing I would add is 2 mil Q phones as they were available for pre order since March.

8 - 9.5 is my guess. Plus BBOS. >.50 EPS.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:15 PM
    Wooh finally got my z10 love it! I hope ER will be good. I put my money where my mouth is and got the phone along with the stock. Staying long but days like today is hard.

A Lot said about a short squeeze. I know there is a chance but what is the probably it will happen just after earnings (if it is very good)?

Posted via CB10
    IMHO only way a squeeze happens is if it was manufactured. Could happen.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    06-27-13 06:18 PM
    Well I was on the road most of the day ad now finally caught up reading the posts. Now I am tired out and need a nap. LoL

As for tomorrow . . . . it is now out of our hands (not that it ever was in them LoL).

Have a restful night, don't over analyze or over think things. It will be what it is.

Still strong, still long!

See ya in the funny pages (cartoons for you young uns)

See ya in the morning.

Stand Sure!
    06-27-13 06:18 PM
    How early with the ER be posted online? 7 AM?
    06-27-13 06:20 PM
    This is the way I see it.

Everyone on this forum (the bulls) cannot be wrong unless there's some secret of the universe that eludes everyone in different ways.

I count this one as a pretty safe bet and feel pretty good going into tomorrow morning.
    06-27-13 06:20 PM
    Based on these very loose numbers and guestimates, I will put my guess in at 6-7 million BB10 units shipped with a sell through of approx 80%. I won't give any guess on BBOS as there really isn't any info to work off of.
    That probably means EPS of over $1!! Wohoooo!

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 06-27-13 at 07:47 PM.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-27-13 06:21 PM
    Just watch here...you'll know before the press publishes. lol

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:21 PM
    Some ****** on bnn said BlackBerry earnings will disappoint.
    06-27-13 06:22 PM
    Just watch here...you'll know before the press publishes. lol

Posted via CB10
    Lol yes, that's so true. Oh man looking at my phone tomorrow morning is going to be like opening a Christmas gift. Hope there is no coal!
    Shanerredflag and cjcampbell like this.
    06-27-13 06:23 PM
    Good...I need his money.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and peter9477 like this.
    06-27-13 06:24 PM
    They were a bit late last time, but 7am EST plus a bit, it should hit the wires.
    06-27-13 06:26 PM
    who was it
    06-27-13 06:26 PM
    Think your bang on CJ...only thing I would add is 2 mil Q phones as they were available for pre order since March.

8 - 9.5 is my guess. Plus BBOS. >.50 EPS.
    If they sell that many BB10 units I expect a much higher EPS than $0.50; maybe $1.00-1.50. That's still taking into account the increase in marketing. Margins on the BB10 devices are excellent.

Edit: alright, maybe not 1.50, that's a bit of an exaggeration. But 9.5million units would be massive.
    06-27-13 06:27 PM
    Veritas Investment Research, Neeraj Monga. His point was Samsung came out with the S4, lol...
    morganplus8 and angrybear123 like this.
    06-27-13 06:28 PM
    They were a bit late last time, but 7am EST plus a bit, it should hit the wires.
    Uggg 4am pst! I better pass out early tonight

cjcampbell likes this.
    06-27-13 06:30 PM
    If they sell that many BB10 units I expect a much higher EPS than $0.50; maybe $1.00-1.50. That's still taking into account the increase in marketing. Margins on the BB10 devices are excellent.
    Agree but I thought there was some write down issues this quarter? Either way it's going to be great if the numbers are close.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:33 PM
113,256 ... 14141415141614171418 ...