View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Based on this article, sounds like the shorts have been busy the last few days:

Astec Analytics, another firm that tracks securities lending notes that its figures show a relatively calm borrowing environment for BlackBerry that escalated leading up to earnings.

�Our intraday data shows a fairly large number of new loans coming through, at an inflated cost to borrow,� Astec�s Karl Loomes notes.

Short Sellers Lock And Load Before BlackBerry Earnings Report - Forbes
    When throwing one kitchen sink doesn't work, get the neighbors' and throw another!!!!

Looks like they will attempt to drive it down tomorrow.
    06-27-13 04:49 PM
    This is totally anecdotal but just to give my first hand impressions on sales of the Z10 during this quarter, my father got one about a month ago, a good friend, new to BB got one about 3 weeks ago, and a girl I know just got one 2 days ago. I know of 4 more people that got one during the first month as well. Now I'm only one guy but that is some good news in my opinion. They are still selling and there is still demand.
    06-27-13 04:49 PM
    When throwing one kitchen sink doesn't work, get the neighbors' and throw another!!!!

Looks like they will attempt to drive it down tomorrow.
    Fark em, those dumb cork soakers. I've got at least another 43 years in me. LOL
    06-27-13 04:54 PM
    Ok, back in for a break. At what point do you think the shorts will 'start' to cover?
    If you add 30% on the current SP that takes us to $18.85 give or take. My comfort zone
    is around 25-30% loss but more than that has me wanting to take some zantac lol.
    Thoughts?
    lcjr, morganplus8 and MrBurns2U like this.
    06-27-13 05:05 PM
    Yes, I am.

My wife is due with our second any day now and she is having minor contractions. I'm worried I may miss the ER.
    Pretty selfish of her!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    lcjr, fedakd, _dimi_ and 7 others like this.
    06-27-13 05:07 PM
    I don't expect a huge jump upwards unless BBRY provides extremely positive guidance.

As far as the drop, Blackberry hasn't actually indicated how they'll offset the service revenue drop, if they still don't on provide clear answers on this, expect this to be played again.

I hope to be proven wrong but be prepared for anything.
    I expect huge volatility for about week and then we get the AGM and we're going to get something spike us and we start another pennant until September.
    06-27-13 05:08 PM
    Ok, back in for a break. At what point do you think the shorts will 'start' to cover?
    If you add 30% on the current SP that takes us to $18.85 give or take. My comfort zone
    is around 25-30% loss but more than that has me wanting to take some zantac lol.
    Thoughts?
    Any huge loss of 25-30% would be based on emotion and would quickly rebound. I couldn't see more than 15-20% as even the most bearish reports have BB making a small profit.
    06-27-13 05:09 PM
    Thoughts?
    I don't expect real covering until + $20

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    jrwb6e and W Hoa like this.
    06-27-13 05:10 PM
    I expect huge volatility for about week and then we get the AGM and we're going to get something spike us and we start another pennant until September.
    Maybe so but that pennant will be at a higher level than it is now.
    06-27-13 05:11 PM
    Thoughts?
    My humble opinion is its not so much the amount of loss...it's the cost to maintain the position, after all...they are not playing with their own money. if we can get to 12 - 15% I think that will see them reevaluate....It's only a loss when ya cover otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    06-27-13 05:11 PM
    Thoughts?
    Do you think the shorts have to cover just yet? These are big time players and they have the cash to play a bit longer. Shoot, TESLA squeezed and the shorts were still playing after the SP went up $7.00. I think we can expect the same. That's why I think when and IF this takes off, it won't explode until we reach $25 or greater....
    06-27-13 05:13 PM
    If this doesn't spike over $20 in the next week I'll start treating bbry as a money pump. In one of my accounts I'll stay long, and use the other to ride the roller coaster.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    06-27-13 05:16 PM
    Do you think the shorts have to cover just yet? These are big time players and they have the cash to play a bit longer. Shoot, TESLA squeezed and the shorts were still playing after the SP went up $7.00. I think we can expect the same. That's why I think when and IF this takes off, it won't explode until we reach $25 or greater....
    I don't know about you but to get to $25 is a pretty big explosion to me
    q649 likes this.
    06-27-13 05:16 PM
    Ok.... off topic... How can this thread churn out page after page yet not be in the "trending" section at the top left? There have been 16 pages added today alone.. lol
    06-27-13 05:18 PM
    I am also pretty stupidly long. Like very. But I'm hoping that it won't matter.
    Also stupidly long, only individual stock I own and I own more than I should.

This is going to be fun! Let's "f en" rock and roll this.

TRADE WELL MY FREINDS

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 05:18 PM
    I don't know about you but to get to $25 is a pretty big explosion to me
    True, but I think if it gets to $25 then we can expect a more powerful explosion that could send this to $60. This is based on the TESLA squeeze and what I've read/studied.
    06-27-13 05:20 PM
    Well, you know what's coming now..... BEER-THIRTY!!! Woot Woot!!!

See you all on the patio!!!
    06-27-13 05:21 PM
    True, but I think if it gets to $25 then we can expect a more powerful explosion that could send this to $60. This is based on the TESLA squeeze and what I've read/studied.
    Yes sir...should be five discernible benches when you look at a long term chart...as referenced here:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sc.png

Should be the same for BB...

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-27-13 05:24 PM
    And I just did that off my Z with the CB app...
    How Kool is that.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 05:26 PM
    I've never been this excited over an ER before. 10 years, I've been value investing and have never seen such a pessimistic Mr. Market quote on such a optimistic catalyst driven debt free company!