View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    On Monday I said we had to close Thurs above $14.50 in order to give us the best opp to blowout come Friday. This was based on where we were last Tues as the 7D peak at that time. Now Thurs' last hour of trading is upon us and the opportunity is here to make sure we keep this supported.
    We may not own a huge stake, in the grand scheme , but there is no forum online with more financially based, BBRY share owned, investors hanging out. I guarantee you can't find more BB/BBRY shares in any forum anywhere.
    We got this!!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 02:14 PM
    Yeah, somebody fell asleep on thier watch. lol. I don't think it matters really where we finish today. All that counts is tomorrow's ER.
    Yeah, close enough for me. A few days back I called $15 for the close today. I'm happy with $14.50ish.
    06-27-13 02:14 PM
    Just guessing here, but isn't it possible for a company to simply re-invest a profit thus "eliminating" it for a specific quarter? For example, we've heard rumors they've been upping manufacturing and one article in particular suggested something along the lines of Blackberry having orders already in place for Q2 and Q3 -- which means an immense level of confidence towards the long term.

Ultimately though, we'll find out tomorrow. Hopefully, TH gives us some deeper insight regarding BES, BBM, automobiles, and maybe even the A10.
    I think it depends on their accounting recognition - the expenses should be matched to the period in which they generate revenue. From my understanding, revenue is recognized by BBRY once it is shipped to carriers. For that reason, even if they buy up a huge lot of inventory to drive up costs, those expenses are not matched to revenues made in this period unless they were actually sold to carriers.

Good thing to point out though is to look at their inventory levels, are they stocking up to prepare for next Q's? This can be interpreted as either low sales volume or highly anticipated demand. We'll need to look at a mixture of indicators to find out the answer to that one.

Others hopefully can weigh in to correct me if my assumptions on the accounting are wrong.

Cheers!
    06-27-13 02:17 PM
    AFAIK, there is no specific requirement they correct inaccurate consensus. Companies may pre-announce to correct consensus, but that is mostly optional. Some changes in SEC rules as to equal and fair dissemination of public information and disclosure were changed a while back and changed the way companies do it (Reg FD???). The street still likes to know if you are going to miss or beat by >10%, but I don't think it is required. Some have threatened to sue over failure to pre-announce but I don't think is clear in the SEC regs that you have to. Other may know more or different info on this ...
    Thanks for the reply buddy! So there is no real rule which mandates disclosure - excellent. I got worried when people were saying if BB expects to beat, why haven't they warned shorts.......
    06-27-13 02:18 PM
    I find that kinda strange. Wouldn't you think there would be be big bulls and big shorts putting up monster blocks, depending on their intention (sell / buy) to have it their way before the ER?
    I personally think all the bets are on, we are trading on light volume here and the bids/asks are about equal. I have watched some bids move up to get filled, other than that, it seems well supported in here. We usually get most of our action in the final 15 mins. so I'll report anything I see then.
    bungaboy and abouthsu like this.
    06-27-13 02:18 PM
    Compared to what has happened to us in the past, today is STILL a cakewalk!
    06-27-13 02:20 PM
    Yup waiting to see how it's gonna play out in the final minutes of the day.

I really hope for all of our sake that BlackBerry delivers.

I personally think all the bets are on, we are trading on light volume here and the bids/asks are about equal. I have watched some bids move up to get filled, other than that, it seems well supported in here. We usually get most of our action in the final 15 mins. so I'll report anything I see then.
    06-27-13 02:20 PM
    Yeah, close enough for me. A few days back I called $15 for the close today. I'm happy with $14.50ish.
    I don't see it at 14.50. I see an 'interesting' time ahead, after 3.30...
    06-27-13 02:21 PM
    I don't see it at 14.50. I see an 'interesting' time ahead, after 3.30...
    Possibly... but at this point I don't care. Just shenanigans at this late hour. Everyone who is anyone has drawn all their cards by now. Time for everyone to show their hands tomorrow morning (or fold).
    06-27-13 02:26 PM
    Yep...but I have to make a few trades to end the day....call swaps at different targets....so I won't leave it right until the end! who knows TD might go down at the wrong time and the CS lines will be full!
    06-27-13 02:27 PM
    This thread us too active! Had some friends come to visit for half a day came to thread and had 20 pages to catch upon.

1 hour later...!

It is becoming a full time job tracking this.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 02:32 PM
    Yep...but I have to make a few trades to end the day....call swaps at different targets....so I won't leave it right until the end! who knows TD might go down at the wrong time and the CS lines will be full!
    I wish I could help you out but there isn't much strength in here so far. I watched the ask build up so that the ratio was 2:1 for the sellers and than a purchase came in and took up most of the stock. The bids/asks were weak and than much more stock was placed for sale. The pressure seems to be coming into the sell side right at the moment. Sellers are lining up right now.
    06-27-13 02:34 PM
    WOW was I ever wrong at 2pm thinking we would climb back up. I feel like I should be buying more right now but at some point you just gotta stop throwing money at every deal you see hahah
    06-27-13 02:34 PM
    How much deeper are the shorts willing to go?
    06-27-13 02:35 PM
    I go away for 5 minutes and the bears concerted a 3:30 raid attempt? i hope they burn tomorrow :P

Rebound! come on!!
    06-27-13 02:37 PM
    06-27-13 02:38 PM
    I wish I could help you out but there isn't much strength in here so far. I watched the ask build up so that the ratio was 2:1 for the sellers and than a purchase came in and took up most of the stock. The bids/asks were weak and than much more stock was placed for sale. The pressure seems to be coming into the sell side right at the moment. Sellers are lining up right now.
    Thanks Morgan! I'll wait until :45 then trade them out. I'm still all in so not a huge difference.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    This thread us too active! Had some friends come to visit for half a day came to thread and had 20 pages to catch upon.

1 hour later...!

It is becoming a full time job tracking this.

Posted via CB10
    This is especially true right before a major event, such as ER, BB Jam, etc... Also, the contributors to this thread continues to grow daily.
    those numbers are moving pretty crazily. Busy little shorts!
    06-27-13 02:40 PM
    Good. I hope some of us get a play-by-play as it unfolds. Our servers block out most of the sites they are posted on.
    This is where the bbm group will shine.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-27-13 02:40 PM
    Thanks Morgan! I'll wait until :45 then trade them out. I'm still all in so not a huge difference.
    Well maybe I shouldn't have waited. eek. no bull buyers.
    06-27-13 02:42 PM
    This is very very very hard not jumping in here the TSX is dropping like a stone.
    06-27-13 02:43 PM
    This is where the bbm group will shine.
    I can't have any mobile device in our building. James Bond crap going on around here. I have this pittiful internet bandwith or I can walk out to my truck in the parking lot now and then. Sucks.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-27-13 02:44 PM
    Ok, so my 2 favorite BB sites are Crackberry.com and Yahoo finance. Can someone tell me where I can listen to a live broadcast of the ER on June 28th? Thanks,
    06-27-13 02:48 PM
    Well maybe I shouldn't have waited. eek. no bull buyers.

The sellers left the room! There isn't much above us now. Looking much better here.
    06-27-13 02:48 PM
113,250 ... 14081409141014111412 ...