Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Looks like they found a lot of stops.
    06-27-13 01:37 PM
    Question to you all. I haven't been able to find anywhere a mention of disclosure by companies who will beat consensus earnings for a quarter but there is a requirement to my understanding for coming in below? (I.E - Profit Warning)

Is there a need for companies to disclose this?

AFAIK, there is no specific requirement they correct inaccurate consensus. Companies may pre-announce to correct consensus, but that is mostly optional. Some changes in SEC rules as to equal and fair dissemination of public information and disclosure were changed a while back and changed the way companies do it (Reg FD???). The street still likes to know if you are going to miss or beat by >10%, but I don't think it is required. Some have threatened to sue over failure to pre-announce but I don't think is clear in the SEC regs that you have to. Other may know more or different info on this ...
    Compaqee likes this.
    06-27-13 01:38 PM
    trying very hard aren't they. Hang on people, hunker down.
    AND this is why I refuse to have stops when long.(ish)
    06-27-13 01:39 PM
    I couldn't sleep tonight if I were in their shoes.
    Too true. I feel better being a long, especially since I bought in at around $11. I am so completely against shorting on principle and really think the market would be a better place without it.
    ibpluto, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    06-27-13 01:40 PM
    final opportunity for the shorts to keep the lid on?
    06-27-13 01:42 PM
    That's it...gotta be bottoming and big time buying here any minute!!! look out above! (I hope!)
    Nope my crystal ball says we fall a little more. There is no volume right now.
    06-27-13 01:42 PM
    Where is that rally we are surposed to be having?
    You want it tomorrow, not today!!!
    06-27-13 01:43 PM
    Holy cow we're sinking deep. Stepped out to lunch and somebody pulls the plug from the tub. Which one of you were on watch and fell asleep???!!! lol
    06-27-13 01:45 PM
    Do they always release the ER in the morning? I thought the Christmas ER was after the market closed? Is there any significance to Friday morning versus Friday afternoon?
    06-27-13 01:47 PM
    Holy cow we're sinking deep. Stepped out to lunch and somebody pulls the plug from the tub. Which one of you were on watch and fell asleep???!!! lol
    Blame Canada... I mean CJ.

On a bright note it looks like former Goldman Guru and NJ Governor Corzine may be banned from ever trading/working on Wall Street (at least futures) again. A victory for the average folk and I am guessing Mr. Free Truth will LOVE this.

CFTC Sues Jon Corzine Over MF Global Failure; Seeks to Ban Him From Futures Industry
    cjcampbell, lcjr, fedakd and 3 others like this.
    06-27-13 01:47 PM
    Just to be sure....can i buy and sell calls all the way to the close?

it's only on the expiration day they need to setlle before 3pm est?
    06-27-13 01:49 PM
    People running for the hills prior to the ER? Tomorrow is going to be nuts either way.
    06-27-13 01:50 PM
    Do they always release the ER in the morning? I thought the Christmas ER was after the market closed? Is there any significance to Friday morning versus Friday afternoon?
    Living on the west coast makes me really hate morning ER's. I'll need to be up at 5am - grrrr to listen to the webcast. Hopefully we do not see red skies tomorrow morning.
    06-27-13 01:54 PM
    Question to you all. I haven't been able to find anywhere a mention of disclosure by companies who will beat consensus earnings for a quarter but there is a requirement to my understanding for coming in below? (I.E - Profit Warning)

Is there a need for companies to disclose this?
    Just guessing here, but isn't it possible for a company to simply re-invest a profit thus "eliminating" it for a specific quarter? For example, we've heard rumors they've been upping manufacturing and one article in particular suggested something along the lines of Blackberry having orders already in place for Q2 and Q3 -- which means an immense level of confidence towards the long term.

Ultimately though, we'll find out tomorrow. Hopefully, TH gives us some deeper insight regarding BES, BBM, automobiles, and maybe even the A10.
    06-27-13 01:54 PM
    Nope my crystal ball says we fall a little more. There is no volume right now.
    Thank goodness my crystal ball sucks! That's why I don't day trade. Looks like we are heading up.
    06-27-13 01:56 PM
    What is the logic behind Cramer buy ar 12?
    I believe that was the last time he even looked at the stock.
    06-27-13 01:58 PM
    Ultimately though, we'll find out tomorrow. Hopefully, TH gives us some deeper insight regarding BES, BBM, automobiles, and maybe even the A10.
    Typically isn't an earnings report about numbers? Not a good place to start announcing new devices or services they will be implementing IMO and I don't recall them doing it in the past.
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-27-13 01:58 PM
    Who can look at the L2s and see what is going on in this fight?

Do the bears have big blocks for sale around this level?
    06-27-13 01:59 PM
    Anyone know if TH will be interviewed tomorrow after earnings with CNBC or Bloomberg?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 02:06 PM
    Guarantee it. He'll be on both.

Anyone know if TH will be interviewed tomorrow after earnings with CNBC or Bloomberg?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 02:06 PM
    Who can look at the L2s and see what is going on in this fight?

Do the bears have big blocks for sale around this level?
    I was away for awhile and you guys let it sink!

As for Level II trading, so far, it is even on the day, matching bids and asks. We'll look back in 15 mins.
    06-27-13 02:09 PM
    Guarantee it. He'll be on both.
    Good. I hope some of us get a play-by-play as it unfolds. Our servers block out most of the sites they are posted on.
    06-27-13 02:10 PM
    Battle time for the 14.72 close.
    06-27-13 02:11 PM

As for Level II trading, so far, it is even on the day, matching bids and asks. We'll look back in 15 mins.
    Yeah, somebody fell asleep on thier watch. lol. I don't think it matters really where we finish today. All that counts is tomorrow's ER.
    06-27-13 02:12 PM

I find that kinda strange. Wouldn't you think there would be be big bulls and big shorts putting up monster blocks, depending on their intention (sell / buy) to have it their way before the ER?
    06-27-13 02:13 PM
113,256 ... 14071408140914101411 ...