View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ok, this timing by blackberry tells me not only that leadership is acutely aware of what is happening with the stock but they have a plan to deal with it as well. The timing of this release is just as important as the awesomesauce in the release.
    Tomorrow is going to be a very, very good day (assuming you are long)
    I would not be classified as being long and I still plan on a great Friday with BBRY!
    06-27-13 07:23 AM
    Who else isn't going to be able to sleep tonight? Lol
    06-27-13 07:26 AM
    Who else isn't going to be able to sleep tonight? Lol
    I will ....because I'm NOT short on BBRY
    06-27-13 07:28 AM
    NEWS. 18000 server installations
    By releasing this info before the ER and not during or baked into future guidance then is bbry doing damage control? I am skeptical regarding the timing of this information hut maybe the more senior traders can tell us if this is position news for THIS Friday.
    06-27-13 07:33 AM
    Ca-ching!!!

Just think BES subscription fees...lol
    I hope tomorrow they announce QNX driven appliances and home automation control from Whirlpool....hehehe I'll be washing my shorts in a Whirlpool machine.....I overheard TH saying that....LoL.
    06-27-13 07:34 AM
    Going to miss the fun once again, damn Tokyo time. It's almost 10pm here and I have to go out and see some models, sumo wrestlers, J-Pop singers, and so on. However, I have decided to postpone my Friday night which is when BB announces their Q1 results... Man, it better be worth it! If we close above 16 on the TSX today I will be pleased.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-975887_10151631610109329_184201388_n.jpg

Cheers! I'm dedicating my drinks to this thread!
    06-27-13 07:35 AM
    pretty sure they've mentioned the 18,000 installations earlier than today. i read it somewhere earlier this week or last, but can't remember where.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-27-13 07:36 AM
    Going to miss the fun once again, damn Tokyo time. It's almost 10pm here and I have to go out and see some models. However, I have decided to postpone my Friday night which is when BB announces their Q1 results... Man, it better be worth it! If we close above 16 on the TSX today I will be pleased.
    I wish I had your job!
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    06-27-13 07:37 AM
    By releasing this info before the ER and not during or baked into future guidance then is bbry doing damage control? I am skeptical regarding the timing of this information hut maybe the more senior traders can tell us if this is position news for THIS Friday.
    I don't think so, I believe that they are trying to build momentum leading into the ER. These timings were planned. Noticed that they have released good news every day this week?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 07:38 AM
    It could also be there way of keeping momentum on the SP and keeping Bears at bay, allowing for further run up tomorrow on good numbers.

And make no mistake, tomorrows numbers will be good, even the bears are conceding that. The battleground for this stock has already now moved to Q2 and if BB can sustain the ship in to carriers. By dropping little bombs like this one set up guidance to segway into service revenue estimates.

To me this heavy adoption of BES10 would make me sh!t my shorts if I was a short
    06-27-13 07:39 AM
    06-27-13 07:39 AM
    This was actually released the other day. The only difference today is that two of the subscribers have been made known. It's just another bull tactic to squash bear sentiment. Same thing happens on the other side.... again popping up, is the lack of instagram. This news is soooo old yet they regurgitate it because there's not any other factual "bad" news they can find.
    06-27-13 07:40 AM
    So congrats goes out to my friend Superfly!!! This thread hit an amazing 35,000 messages and 1400 pages of pure investment greatness so my hats off to him!!

The chart is simple today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-27-2013-chart.jpg

We have resistance at $ 15.00/shr for two reasons, the Bollinger Bands state we can't close above $ 15.00/shr today unless we break with a 95% probability that all stocks stay within their Bands. The other important milestone is that this is the first time in a very long time that we can make a higher high during the day, and possibly close at that higher high. If we can close above the $ 15.00 mark, we are truly making history since the beginning of March. Of course there is only 6 1/2 hours of trading left before we get our hands on some BBRY news so a lot can happen going into the close today.

I would be thrilled if we can hold onto our gains of late, post a close near $ 15.00/shr and set ourselves up for a TSLA day tomorrow. Where is the DoD when you need them? As you can see, I'm greedy, I want as many contracts and as much good news as possible heading into Q1! Best of luck!
    06-27-13 07:43 AM
    ? Meaning and implications?

From the sounds of it 18,000 businesses using BES10 already?
    Or they at least installed the free trial... I know the IT guys at my old employer had download and installed the trial to play with. But there were no plans to actually began using BES10, because there were no plans to buy any new equipment

The question is how many BB10 licenses have been purchased or converted.
    06-27-13 07:46 AM
    Going to miss the fun once again, damn Tokyo time. It's almost 10pm here and I have to go out and see some models, sumo wrestlers, J-Pop singers, and so on. However, I have decided to postpone my Friday night which is when BB announces their Q1 results... Man, it better be worth it! If we close above 16 on the TSX today I will be pleased.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	975887_10151631610109329_184201388_n.jpg 
Views:	726 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	176485

Cheers! I'm dedicating my drinks to this thread!
    Man, you have a great life! LOL

Does that sound like fun, we might have to have that $ 100 party at your location. Have fun, I'm living through you right now! Ha!
    06-27-13 07:46 AM
    My wifes Japanese and we are planning to move to Japan in a year so if we go to $100 I have no problem coming to Japan for it!
    06-27-13 07:48 AM
    I hope that there are no bear raids today
    psy fi likes this.
    06-27-13 07:58 AM
    I am afraid of one thing -

What if shorts/bears manage to stage a sell-off again (despite a fantastic ER). Wouldn't that demoralize LOT of retail investors? They'd think that this stock has no upside. Even after beating the Street, this stock doesn't move up. So, that would demoralize investors.

Once investors get demoralized, they'd take their money elsewhere and this stock will then just go down and flatten, won't recover. Correct?

So, if bears manage to stage another sell-off, we might just end up in a bigger hole!

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    If anything, I'm expecting it to go down after ER regardless if we beat street. I think there are still swing traders playing ER & going to profit take tomorrow morning.

With that being said, as those who have shaken faiths take their money elsewhere, the shorts will continue their short side sell pressure and pile on additional shorts to hold down the SP (again).

But from my point of view, that's no problem. Regardless if the share price is suppressed again after beating the street; it just simply means two things: the market doesn't believe in the comeback story of BBRY yet or a heavier short presence to bring it back down to break-even prices for them.

This is a great thing for us because the fundamentals support the upward trajectory we longs are betting on, it's only a matter of time until either a large fund buys long or a large fund makes a mad dash to the exit and covers.

Don't fret, but be vigilant on the developments and carefully review each ER to see if the numbers/growth and business model continue to support our long term vision of where this stock & company is going.

My bet is, we're right & we'll be rewarded for having patience.

Refer to Morgan's recount of his trade many years ago in a highly undervalued medical stock ($0.33 to $103) as a reminder of what patience & careful analysis can yield.

Remain strong, we all got you =).
    06-27-13 08:04 AM
    We have resistance at $ 15.00/shr for two reasons, the Bollinger Bands state we can't close above $ 15.00/shr today unless we break with a 95% probability that all stocks stay within their Bands.
    I'm probably splitting hairs on the details here, but won't the Bollinger Bands be closer to $15.10 if we open near there? Yesterday they settled to around $14.90 (up $0.15 from Tuesday on our jump); I get the impression with the current momentum it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary to see those bands expand slightly more rapidly today given a good open.

Regardless - this has been a fantastic week. I certainly wasn't expecting us to be going into the earnings with this kind of strength.
    cjcampbell, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    06-27-13 08:06 AM
    Even if day traders profit take tomorrow, there will be a flux of investors to help the stock reach new highs.
    06-27-13 08:09 AM

This is exactly what it's been like - (Fat guy) = Shorts

Wee man & co. = Longs. Wait until the big money comes in, the shorts will run.
    06-27-13 08:12 AM

should copyright this lol
    Even better collect some licensing fees every time it's used!!
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    06-27-13 08:17 AM
    Ca-ching!!!

Just think BES subscription fees...lol
    Most will be free upgrades, yet this is a great figure !
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-27-13 08:17 AM
    Most will be free upgrades, yet this is a great figure !
    I thought it was about $100 per phone ?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-27-13 08:20 AM
    The guys on StockTwats are pretty upbeat this morning. Not sure if this has been posted...more support for the possible blow-out earnings. More mention of Sony possibilities...

A BlackBerry bull who's way above consensus - Yahoo! Finance Canada
    imz, jxnb, ItsTheBox and 1 others like this.
    06-27-13 08:23 AM
113,252 ... 13991400140114021403 ...