View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I appreciate that investors need to be warned about misses, but why would I, or anyone, want to sue BlackBerry for a beat? Not being flippant.. honest question.

If BlackBerry declared $2.00 EPS this quarter what would the grounds for the lawsuit be? I'm not really clear about that.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    There is no grounds for a lawsuit if they beat on guidance. None.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-26-13 10:24 PM
    Think I might find my way back to Oklahoma this summer for a few days of the Rattle Snake Roundup. I made a few thousand dollars on a good weekend catching snakes lots of times growing up. Been doing that since I was 10. Lots of money to put towards BBRY.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-snakes.jpg  
    06-26-13 10:24 PM
    Think I might find my way back to Oklahoma this summer for a few days of the Rattle Snake Roundup. I made a few thousand dollars on a good weekend catching snakes lots of times growing up. Been doing that since I was 10. Lots of money to put towards BBRY.
    You gotta do what you gotta do!
    lcjr, Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 10:26 PM
    Shoot em?

06-26-13 10:27 PM
    So bugmapper you changed your avatar because after friday you think bbry will be worth more than an old shoe?
    06-26-13 10:39 PM
    The put-call ratio climbed to 1.04 today, meaning that the negative sentiment is growing for BBRY today. It seems that the media and the sharts have done their jobs well. Now, Thor just has to do his own job well and we're lifting off.
    Could it just be longs hedging?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    InWithTheNew likes this.
    06-26-13 10:40 PM
    Shoot em?

Got to turn them in to "Shaky Jake" alive. Got the boot makers and other leather dealers there at the stock yards along with distribution centers for major restaurants that want the meats, but the skins are what everyone wants. $10 - $20 a foot and Oklahoma has 6-7 foot snakes.
    06-26-13 10:41 PM
    So bugmapper you changed your avatar because after friday you think bbry will be worth more than an old shoe?
    LOL
    I'm hoping I can afford a pair of shoes on Friday.

bungaboy likes this.
    06-26-13 10:42 PM
    LOL
    I'm hoping I can afford a pair of shoes on Friday.

Yeah right, you mean shoe franchises. Lol
    take99, dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 10:46 PM
    Yeah right, you mean shoe franchises. Lol

06-26-13 10:48 PM
    I had a feeling, I had HOPED ... and so glad BlackBerry is doing exactly this!

Their on FIRE! Their not pulling anymore punches it seems.

1. Released Secure BES management for iOS/Android with Secure apps that does NOT change the user interface on either!

>> BlackBerry needs to properly advertise this: Web on youtube is NOT enough!
    a) Financial Times, New York Times, Globe & Mail, and the Toronto Start (amongst other big financial respectable local/national print that has intelligent articles ... this is a focus on their biggest business markets ... full page ad or spread across 2 pages! To the point!

b) BlackBerry Vans need to showcase an iPhone 5 (no other apps but theirs and core) along with Google (by LG) Nexus 4 showing off such an app filed with content on BOTH. Even a restricted BES10 console with interface to show off management!

c) feature "b)" above at all major events going forward. This NEEDS to get out there.

2. Blue Jays, Raptors and The Maple Leafs (Balsillie finally gets his wish lol) now are marketing partners!

BBM Channels will show more engaging communications. I hope more insightful and direct posts from players on all teams for their respective channels. Now I'm beginning to see the reason for BBM going multi-mobile OS ... most leaf fans are not tech savvy their not about to switch their smartphone just to find a few unique posts and content, however they WILL quickly associate the BB brand when major winning streaks and critical season wins and playoffs occur. Personally I'd see more BBall players using BB devices than the Jays or the Leafs to be honest.

3. Apps are coming .... VOIP.
    Comwave announces a new ePhone App for BlackBerry 10 Smartphones - Bloomberg

Today Comwave launched a new version of ePhone for BlackBerry� 10 smartphones, which is part of a series of Comwave Apps intended to compete with other Telephony and VoIP apps available internationally.

ePhone is different than many VoIP Apps, because the App includes a built-in telephone number that users can choose, allowing them to receive incoming calls from any telephone around the world. "Having a Toronto or New York phone number on your smartphone is a powerful tool, especially when you travel and want to get around those costly roaming fees," said Yuval Barzakay, CEO of Comwave.

ePhone bridges the gap between smartphone users, computers, and landline phone users by allowing all of them to communicate for free regardless of whether they have ePhone or not. "While other Apps seem to put up walled gardens confining you to the App, ePhone allows you to communicate for free to non-ePhone users as well. Now, someone can be on their land line in New York calling an ePhone user across the globe for free," added Mr. Barzakay.

(endorsement by BB exec removed )

How does it work? ePhone uses VoIP (Voice Over IP), which allows you to choose your own telephone number. So let's say you choose a Toronto ePhone number and you happen to be travelling to Florida, first you would be able to call any phone number back home for free, and you would be able to receive calls from back home for free as well. That's because your friends and colleagues back home could call Toronto ePhone number which is local to them. The idea is to choose an ePhone number that is local to your home or office, this way you can travel anywhere and receive free calls.

note: this is NOT how your local cell provider works, ripping you off!

ePhone is available for multiple platforms and devices including for the BlackBerry� Playbook™ and BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
    During the Q1 2014 announcement I'm paying key interest to the units sold as a total vs projections, and any breakup of BB10 devices vs legacy and WHERE their selling the most! Also I'll be listening into their new M2M business to see if Mercedes is on-board or other company's - especially german auto manufacturers ... (I'd LOVE to hear Audi going with BES10 Enterprise Automotive management. This alone ... be it Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Maserati, Porsche, Bentley, or any other prestige brand even trialing this new BlackBerry M2M solution is enough to keep the stock above $20!! Should they sign on and featured highlight of what is possible and how stable it is and how it impresses them ... cost savings user satisfaction could bump the stock higher than $30.

Lastly,

I think its time all of us investors begin to share ...
    a) poor insight on the company especially with press like this ...
    The Blackberry Bounce?: Video - Bloomberg
    Jon Erlichman is clearly sucking the Apple Nut Puppy sack hard! He has NO CLUE what an ecosystem is, referring to "apps" as an ecosystem. He has no clue what BlackBerry has been doing, He has no clue what BB10 devices can really do on the web. Sadly bad journalism is perpetuating influence badly on the platform or the stock! Ever wonder why the CEO of Netflix thinks that BlackBerry users don't consume multi-media content? Its poor journalism such as this. F*CK If I had this job the research I'd do would have these guys awake in fear of their mortgage payments every night! And not just with BlackBerry. It seem MORE of opinion and re-announcement of market sentiment trends based on severa lack of information vs real journalism.

b) Start to email on such poor BlackBerry journalism or insight and make them aware! A reporter such as Jon Erlichman cannot ignore 100 emails each article on poor assessment and lack of research as the thesis of replies from us. Plus Bloomberg management would look into these email spikes on his mailbox - utilizing IT to see what's happening. Should we write intelligible and legit emails countering his statements in a calm tone I think this would knee jerk him to reply in future posts & to do more research vs re-announce opinion on the street.

To me THAT is what #TeamBlackBerry should be doing not just being a silly fan.
    lcjr, austinjeep, fedakd and 8 others like this.
    06-26-13 10:48 PM
    I am afraid of one thing -

What if shorts/bears manage to stage a sell-off again (despite a fantastic ER). Wouldn't that demoralize LOT of retail investors? They'd think that this stock has no upside. Even after beating the Street, this stock doesn't move up. So, that would demoralize investors.

Once investors get demoralized, they'd take their money elsewhere and this stock will then just go down and flatten, won't recover. Correct?

So, if bears manage to stage another sell-off, we might just end up in a bigger hole!

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    06-26-13 10:56 PM
    Alright night owls, I have to get my stuff ready for tomorrow and go over some notes for a deployment meeting. See you all tomorrow on the thread for a very interesting and exciting trading day.
    06-26-13 10:57 PM
    Holy **** you guys...there's like twenty friggin pages to catch up on.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, take99, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-26-13 10:59 PM

THIS is big news. I want an explanation here as well. BlackBerry was supposed to get this from the April loan from the Canuck Government!(?)

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 11:00 PM

What if shorts/bears manage to stage a sell-off again (despite a fantastic ER). Wouldn't that demoralize LOT of retail investors? They'd think that this stock has no upside. Even after beating the Street, this stock doesn't move up. So, that would demoralize investors.

Once investors get demoralized, they'd take their money elsewhere and this stock will then just go down and flatten, won't recover. Correct?

So, if bears manage to stage another sell-off, we might just end up in a bigger hole!

I was thinking about this also. If we have to wait another 3 months before anything happens some longs might move on. .. at least for a while. If we can get a 50mill+ volume day to the upside it might be hard for them to do damage if shares available to short is scarce

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-26-13 11:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Better get on it then friend. LoL good night all
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-26-13 11:03 PM
    Good night ... lol as if we'll actually sleep until after Friday nights beer party!
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 11:08 PM
    Exactly. Obviously I didn't do this, but I could easily within 24 hours borrow $20,000 against my TSP account (government 401 plan) and repay it with a mere 1.73 percent interest or about $143.00 per pay period. Wow, that's an awesome opportunity on the almost sure thing with BlackBerry. I didn't do it, but I know some that did and they are way ahead of me come return time. Bottom line is one should take advantage of every opportunity to succeed. Something inside me just told me not to do it.
    You do not want to use leverage for an investment in BBRY (unless you are talking about buying call options). There is no such thing as a sure thing. Even BBRY is not a sure thing. Rule 1 is protect your capital. Sure you can make a big buy on BBRY but using 4-1 leverage is a crazy downside risk on your capital. You'd want a lot of the risk to be eliminated before using leverage. BBRY could do everything right but the markets could trade all smartphone players down because the market regards them as commodities now. BBRY would go down with the rest of them. You have to remember P/E ratios that the market is willing to pay are a very fluid. One day the market will reward a company with a 20 to 1 P/E ration for its growth story and the next day it will not give more than 8-1 ratio because the market is worried about what is going to happen 2 years out.

Be careful with your capital.
    06-26-13 11:16 PM
    That's a very real possibility and frankly I'm half expecting exactly that. Given the retail sentiment almost everyone expects upwards movement, what better way to take people's money than to keep it down and kill tons of calls.

ItsTheBox likes this.
    06-26-13 11:17 PM
    Hi Morgan; you may be interested in trading AMD. It closed at $4.14 last. I have traded, and watched it since it was $2.31. $7 is the expected goal. It will make custom chips for the new Xbox and PS4 later this year.

Going back to BBRY; I think, Thursday might have a retrace. I expect to see a handle formed, the stoch. RSI to cycle down, and see the share price dips to around $14.50 range. Hopefully, there will not be any massive panic selling pre and post ER.

06-26-13 11:22 PM

what do you think has been happening for the last few months. Longs have been disheartened ....but they keep coming back. There has been enough good news to raise this stock in the 20s easily. However the short have been stifling the longs all this time, every time a rally starts. Unfortunately for the shorts and the short represented analysts the good news keeps on coming and the shorts have dug themselves in so deep that they are are risk of a bug short squeeze. There is now so much optimism and positive aspects to the Blackberry story that investors and the public are starting to ignore all the short arguments and hot air and give Blackberry a chance. If Blackberry keeps delivering, there is nothing the shorts will be able to do. The will have to cover or get squeezed out eventually. Even shorts face consequences like having their shares they borrowed getting recalled and the interest they are paying to borrow the shares (about 9% right now) increase to the point it is painful. Short get margin calls eventually as well.

The longs sentiment is only getting stronger (less willing to sell when the shorts side pitches downgrades and negatively spun stories in the media, the volume decrease shows that they are more willing to hold now, shorters are getting lambasted in the comments sections, the price is rising even though the number of shorts is going up). More and more people are opening their eyes to see the value of the stock and to realize that not only is the company not going out of business (as the shorts would have you think) but the company is really starting to flourish.
    06-26-13 11:36 PM
    Hi Morgan; you may be interested in trading AMD. It closed at $4.14 last. I have traded, and watched it since it was $2.31. $7 is the expected goal. It will make custom chips for the new Xbox and PS4 later this year.

Going back to BBRY; I think, Thursday might have a retrace. I expect to see a handle formed, the stoch. RSI to cycle down, and see the share price dips to around $14.50 range. Hopefully, there will not be any massive panic selling pre and post ER.

http://www.tradingview.com/x/NSBRHWsb/
    I stopped a minute into researching AMD. They need a real turnaround strategy.

Do they have one?
    Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 11:48 PM
    The first rattler goes to Debt-Willer!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    06-27-13 12:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Tell me about it my eyes are bleeding

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-27-13 01:08 AM
113,256 ... 13961397139813991400 ...