View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    They have 10,000,000 available for aapl

Only 35,000 shares available for short? Man if they beat big on Fri this will be similar to VW.

View Shortable Stocks
    cjcampbell, morganplus8 and psy fi like this.
    06-26-13 09:13 PM
    I wouldn't worry about this stuff. We had 3 sell ratings on Monday from "real" analysts and still gained without a hitch. These blogs for the tech world are just noise and the bears attempt at slowing things down. It's all old news, and may be heard, but this stuff is childs play considering what we've been hearing for the last 6 months plus.
    Totally agree, just wanted to send out a reminder of what to expect. Just looking out man. Lol
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-26-13 09:17 PM
    One thing that keeps me going through all the false and negative articles is how insecure apple, ms, samsung, and google must be about bbrys comeback .... they feel that the only way to beat them down is to short them and buy analysts to write pure crap. I am getting that giddy little feeling ... something really great is coming and payback is going to hurt. My only fear is that the shorts are made up of part sinister evil companies and part retail invester. The retail invester does not own enough shorts to cause a tsla squeeze and the sinister evil companies have some deep pockets to hold off buying back.

The news may not come on friday or at the agm but soon after ... the true catalyst will be a large fund buying a long stake in bbry. Ever think about what ALT2 would have done to the stock if true? In fact, they or someone else may have been accumulating a large amount to ensure the squeeze happens. Lets face it ... we'd all buy 40 million shares to start the short squeeze
    06-26-13 09:24 PM
    One thing that keeps me going through all the false and negative articles is how insecure apple, ms, samsung, and google must be about bbrys comeback .... they feel that the only way to beat them down is to short them and buy analysts to write pure crap. I am getting that giddy little feeling ... something really great is coming and payback is going to hurt. My only fear is that the shorts are made up of part sinister evil companies and part retail invester. The retail invester does not own enough shorts to cause a tsla squeeze and the sinister evil companies have some deep pockets to hold off buying back.

The news may not come on friday or at the agm but soon after ... the true catalyst will be a large fund buying a long stake in bbry. Ever think about what ALT2 would have done to the stock if true? In fact, they or someone else may have been accumulating a large amount to ensure the squeeze happens. Lets face it ... we'd all buy 40 million shares to start the short squeeze
    You're spot on brother. But you can't blame them really. You and I would do the same thing to competition threatening our business. I'm a business man, nice to most, but a business man. I would crush anybody even close to threatening my business and you would too. Lets see how BlackBerry stands up to these bums. Lol
    06-26-13 09:29 PM
    It boggles my mind that some institutional investors have not seen and grabbed this opportunity to manufacture a short squeeze.

-Buy 50 million stocks for less than $20 each.
    -Announce to public.
    -Cause a short squeeze and see the stock go to $50 in days!

Why is some big institutional investor not doing this? For someone with big pocket, this is a big big big opportunity!

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    06-26-13 09:32 PM
    Well, I guess they should get that article out so it's relevant for about 36 hours.

BB will report higher unit sales in Q1 showing they have regained 3rd over Microsoft.
    06-26-13 09:34 PM
    It boggles my mind that some institutional investors have not seen and grabbed this opportunity to manufacture a short squeeze.

-Announce to public.

Why is some big institutional investor not doing this? For someone with big pocket, this is a big big big opportunity!

Because to make money they have to actually then sell these shares. Granted they could play with options to lock in profits and unload. Basically do in the money covered call after the squeeze and then unwind position.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:35 PM
    They did give guidance of a flat quarter.

Earnings are given to fend off shareholder lawsuits.

They need to warn investors for the reason provided above.

Most companies think growing share price is their job. The good companies realize that their job is to take care of the company and by doing so, share price will follow.

Posted via CB10
    I appreciate that investors need to be warned about misses, but why would I, or anyone, want to sue BlackBerry for a beat? Not being flippant.. honest question.

If BlackBerry declared $2.00 EPS this quarter what would the grounds for the lawsuit be? I'm not really clear about that.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-26-13 09:36 PM
    BlackBerry Likely to Top Earnings - Analyst Blog
    Sorry if this is a repeated post.
    bungaboy, YangFui and psy fi like this.
    06-26-13 09:37 PM
    I don't think it's about the value or truth of the article. Focus on the bears starting to post crap starting now through tomorrow. We may see very bad things tomorrow whether they are true or not. We'll see.
    I would be very surprised to see us close lower tomorrow. Smart money will be nibbling under $16 ....the weak hands were likely shaken out last week. There is no more stock to short. If the ER is good on most metrics the big players will step in and I would expect the smart shorts to cover and then reshort at higher levels.
    lcjr, psy fi and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 09:40 PM

-Announce to public.

The only reason I can think of is that if they wait until the SP gets a bit higher, the squeeze will be more extreme. My opinion only.
    06-26-13 09:40 PM
    I appreciate that investors need to be warned about misses, but why would I, or anyone, want to sue BlackBerry for a beat? Not being flippant.. honest question.

If BlackBerry declared $2.00 EPS this quarter what would the grounds for the lawsuit be? I'm not really clear about that.

Generally beats don't bring lawsuits. Bad misses do.

But why would anyone sue the company they own. It can only weaken a balance sheet. Lawyers...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-26-13 09:41 PM
    True, but my comment wasn't about trading BBRY. It was about borrowing credit to buy stocks. I'm also no expert in that area either, just my friendly opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I get what you are saying.
    On the flip side, if the LOC is an excellent interest rate, I wouldn't hesitate if you have the means
    to pay the interest monthly for a year-long position. People have done worse with margin accounts.
    Also, don't forget that people buy larger homes than they actually need, borrow to fund the purchase and
    over time it appreciates as an investment. Ours has appreciated roughly $65 grand since our purchase
    just 3 years ago which compensated for the extra $75 grand loan we needed. Previous to that we had zero debt, so
    taking on this loan for our home-upgrade-investment was a no-brainer.
    06-26-13 09:41 PM
    Last post. On a bullish Thursday I am unwinding a small portion of my call options.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:43 PM

-Announce to public.

For all we know, they have been. They don't need to report their position until they hit the threshold or it's time to disclose.
    06-26-13 09:46 PM
    I get what you are saying.
    On the flip side, if the LOC is an excellent interest rate, I wouldn't hesitate if you have the means
    to pay the interest monthly for a year-long position. People have done worse with margin accounts.
    Also, don't forget that people buy larger homes than they actually need, borrow to fund the purchase and
    over time it appreciates as an investment. Ours has appreciated roughly $65 grand since our purchase
    just 3 years ago which compensated for the extra $75 grand loan we needed. Previous to that we had zero debt, so
    taking on this loan for our home-upgrade-investment was a no-brainer.
    Exactly. Obviously I didn't do this, but I could easily within 24 hours borrow $20,000 against my TSP account (government 401 plan) and repay it with a mere 1.73 percent interest or about $143.00 per pay period. Wow, that's an awesome opportunity on the almost sure thing with BlackBerry. I didn't do it, but I know some that did and they are way ahead of me come return time. Bottom line is one should take advantage of every opportunity to succeed. Something inside me just told me not to do it.
    fedakd and BlackistheBerry like this.
    06-26-13 09:56 PM
    Exactly. Obviously I didn't do this, but I could easily within 24 hours borrow $20,000 against my TSP account (government 401 plan) and repay it with a mere 1.73 percent interest or about $143.00 per pay period. Wow, that's an awesome opportunity on the almost sure thing with BlackBerry. I didn't do it, but I know some that did and they are way ahead of me come return time. Bottom line is one should take advantage of every opportunity to succeed. Something inside me just told me not to do it.
    Always listen to that voice!

06-26-13 10:02 PM
    Yes, but that's how some people get into a hole that they spend the of their lives trying to dig out.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, lcjr, kfh227 and 2 others like this.
    06-26-13 10:09 PM
    Yeah, I know how you feel, but you gotta be able to sleep at night.

bungaboy likes this.
    06-26-13 10:11 PM
    Always listen to that voice!

Yeah, but I'll be hearing their voice as I'm in their new bass boats pulled by their new Jeeps. Lol. Dangerous thing giving a hillbilly redneck some information and money. Lol
    matthewriedle and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 10:13 PM
    Yes, but that's how some people get into a hole that they spend the of their lives trying to dig out.

Posted via CB10
    Oh the stories I could tell you. Some are pretty Damn funny. Lol
    06-26-13 10:14 PM

I think if you sold before the ER based on signals sent by management, or not sent when you think they should have, and then they surprise with $2 EPS, you might believe you had grounds for a lawsuit.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    06-26-13 10:16 PM
    I think if you sold before the ER based on signals sent by management, or not sent when you think they should have, and then they surprise with $2 EPS, you might believe you had grounds for a lawsuit.
    Good point!

06-26-13 10:18 PM
    Hi pacho69!

I commented on IMG-T which is IAM Gold, in a few of my messages today, I like it too. Either one looks like a great buy when the time is right. I will suddenly buy a block of one of them and if I can remember, I'll post to the board. I think big funds are clearing them out of their accounts for the end of the quarter. We need to see gold bottom out in the $ 1100 area before I will buy all of the block. I might be buying some of it very soon as in the next few days. Below $ 1200 an oz. many miners aren't profitable, that's my cue to think about buying in here. We are close so I'll let you know when I make my first purchase!
    You follow Peter Schiff?
    06-26-13 10:20 PM

-Announce to public.

Because "they" are busy these days. Have you seen what the algos and HFT's are doing to both Samsung and Apple over the last couple of weeks?

That is 100's of millions tied up in shorting and block crossing. More money to be made there.
    06-26-13 10:22 PM
113,256 ... 13951396139713981399 ...