View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Bingo! And that brings up another valid point. Eventually the SP will be too expensive for us amateurs and we’ll be stuck where we are to ride it out or sell when we are ready. We’ll be sticking around this thread, but will also be investing in the next opportunity at our entry level. Food for thought.
    I feel like riding a dolphin with scuba tanks.
    "Just breathe normally" in case the dolphin dives to hunt the sharks !
    morganplus8, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 11:10 AM
    Bingo! And that brings up another valid point. Eventually the SP will be too expensive for us amateurs and we’ll be stuck where we are to ride it out or sell when we are ready. We’ll be sticking around this thread, but will also be investing in the next opportunity at our entry level. Food for thought.
    If Blackberry does what we all hope it will, many here will be elevated from that "entry level"!
    06-26-13 11:10 AM
    I played around a lot with Visa from IPO an onward buying and selling, trying to time things. Eventually had to part with the rest of my shares around the 80 dollar mark when Mr. Margin almost came calling. Now it's more than doubled - can't afford it anymore. Won't do that with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 11:14 AM
    Man I'm limited to 20 shares at a time. It's what a person can afford to invest. At a trading fee of only $8.00 per transaction from my brokerage account I can add 20 at a time no problem and eventually build up the nice portfolio I want.
    But at 8 bucks you need the stock to increase almost 3 percent just to cover your fee. With BlackBerry we are all expecting big gains...if this was P and G it might need more planning to buy in 40s vs 20s even if it means waiting a bit longer.
    kfh227 likes this.
    06-26-13 11:18 AM
    Disappointing that we're not above $15. So much uncertainty out there now, especially with the markets taking a beating and PMs falling fast.

To squeeze we need buyers and with so much turmoil out there it may be too risky of a stock for most.

Need REALLY good news and that means more than just plain old sales. Strong guidance will be sorely needed.
    06-26-13 11:20 AM
    Disappointing that we're not above $15. So much uncertainty out there now, especially with the markets taking a beating and PMs falling fast.

To squeeze we need buyers and with so much turmoil out there it may be too risky of a stock for most.

Need REALLY good news and that means more than just plain old sales. Strong guidance will be sorely needed.
    We got within 2 cents of $15 and BBRY is holding it value well. All we need it that rally towards the end of the day and we can be well over $15.
    06-26-13 11:24 AM

I believe slow motion is what we need to raise the stock above shorts nightmare point. Too fast will result in profit taking, thus keep them relatively safe after the rebound. step by step, little by little. Fair revenge.

ooowee-ooowe
    Koxo - Step By Step (1982) DISCO - Vid�o Dailymotion
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-26-13 11:29 AM
    So, let's look at AAPL (Apple) for a moment:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-aapl-june-26-2013-chart.jpg

If you bought AAPL in the past 9 months, you are feeling sick today. The market is rallying and AAPL is still going down and they have a $ 60 billion dollar share buyback program in place. The stock is leaning hard against the Bollinger Bands, only on the downside, it can't fall fast enough for funds to get out. Note the RSI is well below RSI (14) = 30 meaning that it should be done on the downside, and, it is slowly heading for a double bottom. And still you can't make a dime on that play.

Now look at BlackBerry:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-26a-2013-chart.jpg

Today we gapped above that blue downtrend line and never looked back. The same Bollinger Bands that are supporting AAPL as it collapses, is holding us back. We have a wonderful gain in the past 9 months. This stock is doing extremely well here. I included some Horz. lines in this chart to show you that we might be within a channel of sorts. The first challenge is $ 15.00 followed by $ 16.25/shr. The same can be said of the Pennant formation, we are stuck in those resistant levels for now. Remember yesterday? I mentioned that trading is 6 1/2 LONG hours and we need to burn off some time before we can make our move. I like what I've seen so far today, I hope we close above $ 14.80 and clear $ 15.00/shr tomorrow. Anything above that is panic buying from those who are short. The volume is light, we know that $ 14.70 is now support here, let's rest up and try to make a new HOD!

PS: As for the size of your trading account, I don't know if I have time to show you a 6-year old account of mine, but that account is an RRSP that had only $ 4,500 in it in 2007. Today it is valued at $ 146,000 with all of it invested in BBRY at $ 12.60/shr.. So for those of you who think that $ 5,000 can never amount to anything, I have an account to show you. Keep trying no matter what the size of the investment.
    06-26-13 11:32 AM

Although technicals do find themselves violated, the BB are a pretty common resistance (and support, along the bottom). Very often when we breach them, it's only temporary, and we end up closing the period (especially daily) at, or close to, the value. I would find if perfectly lovely for us to have more of a run today, but I expect we might be more or less flat (+- a few cents) until tomorrow when they expand more.

Closing in the 14.90 range really isn't a bad thing for today. We did see 13.50 two days ago
    06-26-13 11:33 AM
    Well if your trading 300 at a time might seem small to some who trade 15,000 at a time!
    peter9477 and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 11:33 AM
    PS: As for the size of your trading account, I don't know if I have time to show you a 6-year old account of mine, but that account is an RRSP that had only $ 4,500 in it in 2007. Today it is valued at $ 146,000 with all of it invested in BBRY at $ 12.60/shr.. So for those of you who think that $ 5,000 can never amount to anything, I have an account to show you. Keep trying no matter what the size of the investment.
    I will gladly give you ALL my money if you can do the same for me!
    cjcampbell, lcjr, rarsen and 10 others like this.
    06-26-13 11:36 AM
    But at 8 bucks you need the stock to increase almost 3 percent just to cover your fee. With BlackBerry we are all expecting big gains...if this was P and G it might need more planning to buy in 40s vs 20s even if it means waiting a bit longer.
    For sure. With this stock and where I believe it's going I had to get in quick and accumulate as much as I could afford quickly before it became too expensive. Luckily it didn't happen yet so I was able to accumulate 362 shares. Had I waited until I could afford 40 at a whack it would have taken longer and the stock COULD have taken off back when it hit $18. The next opportunity (unknown stock) I'll wait until I can buy more at a time, unless I find another one ready for a squeeze (very possible).
    06-26-13 11:39 AM
    Out of curiosity....what kind of trading accounts are you gents using.

Been trading in my self directed RRSP account, and thats fine when your buying and holding (commisions are high + they have a frequent trading penalty......yes, I find that ironic as well)

Wouldn't mind starting one outside of this space, but would like to know what some of you are using
    TSFA and self administered RRSP using Credential Direct.
    06-26-13 11:46 AM
    I will gladly give you ALL my money if you can do the same for me!
    That account has an interesting history to it. It was one of my several accounts at RBC back in the day. My other accounts where worth much more and my broker, a guy I trained in the business many years ago, called me to tell me he couldn't have that account in his book as it was below $ 100,000. It was fine to leave my other accounts with him but that one had to go! So the firm I worked for, trained the guy who then got to over see my accounts, made me leave RBC!! So I transferred the account to a discount broker and bought an oil and gas stock, the company got acquired in 2008 and I purchased ACADIA Pharma for $ 1.29/shr (17,000 shares with the proceeds), sold them recently (ACAD) and bought BBRY at the fire sale price of $ 12.60/shr. Now what chance is there that I will have over $ 200,000 in that account this year? Damn good chance. So the moral is, "wouldn't my broker buddy love to have that account back now?". Ha! Ha! (He doesn't know about the growth of this account .... yet)
    06-26-13 11:48 AM
    Don't have to be old to retire.
    BINGO! 55 for me.

No debt and my "Give-A-Sh!t" meter seldom budges.
    06-26-13 11:54 AM
    Recently BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins said, "In five years I don't think there will be a reason to have a tablet anymore, maybe a big screen in your workspace, but not a tablet as such. Tablets themselves are not a good business model." The CEO received a lot of criticism for this statement. However in the recent BlackBerry 10.2 update we can see a little clearer what exactly he may have been getting at.

BlackBerry 10.2 will be supporting Wireless HDMI and Miracast as well as the DLNA it already supports. These are all open standards, which allow high-definition video to be delivered to any modern TV, laptop, tablet, desktop, or other mobile phone. In fact Miracast is an open standard version of Apple's Airplay. This would mean that you could have your BlackBerry replace your Apple TV box and save the $99.00 purchase price.

This also would lead to an end of the tablet as we know it today. All you would need is a basic inexpensive flat screen (dumb tablet) that can connect to your BlackBerry (mobile computing device) and relies on the BlackBerry for all of its computing power and memory. I think now we can see what he was getting at.

Thorsten also added, "In five years, I see BlackBerry to be the absolute leader in mobile computing -- that's what we're aiming for."

You would be able to stream anything you're interested in through your BlackBerry (mobile computing device) and watch it on the TV on your family room wall or desktop screen. BlackBerry could even market a simplified, and therefore inexpensive 10" or 7" BlackBerry Playbook that because of its simplicity may be able to sell for as little as $100.00 to $150.00

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1522...ticle_readmore

Posted via CB10
    Amazing, I start a thread here maybe a month ago that said exactly the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    TSFA and self administered RRSP using Credential Direct.
    I'm using my ... bank contact. One phone call/email and €7 fees by order.
    bungaboy likes this.
    For sure. With this stock and where I believe it's going I had to get in quick and accumulate as much as I could afford quickly before it became too expensive. Luckily it didn't happen yet so I was able to accumulate 362 shares. Had I waited until I could afford 40 at a whack it would have taken longer and the stock COULD have taken off back when it hit $18. The next opportunity (unknown stock) I'll wait until I can buy more at a time, unless I find another one ready for a squeeze (very possible).
    Absolutely, I started with a few shares as well for many different reasons: I am a newbie at investing and didn't know what I was doing (still not sure) hence didn't want to lose money I couldn't afford to lose. Second some of my cash was tied up and bought only what I could afford at a particular time. With the help of this board, I now feel more comfortable investing, know more about BB stock and have more confidence as an investor. I now have accumulated 1400 shares which is peanuts for many, but a decent amount for me. I should be able to fly first class or even charter a small private jet to the $100 party!!!
    As M8 demonstrated, the old saying holds: it's not the size that counts, it's how you use it!!!!
    lcjr, cjcampbell, Compaqee and 5 others like this.
    06-26-13 11:55 AM
    Amazing, I start a thread here maybe a month ago that said exactly the same thing.
    Posted via CB10
    ditto. And that's what I pray the Playbook will become via bridge: A BB10 extension with some power on its own ; as for the stock: just do not sell it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-26-13 11:56 AM
    I want to get into another opportunity when BBRY becomes too expensive for me but need somebody to look at this for me and give me your thoughts. Anyone interested and has a few minutes I could send you the NASDAQ link. Don't think I should just post it here during BBRY trading times.
    06-26-13 11:58 AM
    I believe Apple at 398 is greatly undervalued. I will be adding some AAPL to my position. I am still long BBRY and I have considerably more shares in BBRY than any other stock. I just think this is a good opportunity to diversify.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 11:58 AM
    Lol, yeah! It's pretty good, to be honest.
    Agreed. And I am so old we used to call them "shuttlecocks" not "birdies". LoL
    06-26-13 11:59 AM

Morgan, I love you. Thanks for the encouragement. I hope to build an investment portfolio similar to the one you outlined to hopefully build a sizable down payment for a harbor front condo close to good ol' Bay street .
    06-26-13 12:11 PM
    BINGO! 55 for me.

No debt and my "Give-A-Sh!t" meter seldom budges.
    Freedom 55. Baby Boomer's Dream. BBRY should deliver.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-26-13 12:13 PM
    I would suggest you be very careful with that one. I wouldn't touch it. Their production figures are being lowered. Competition is intense on all sides of their business. RE - Apple
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 12:14 PM
113,256 ... 13861387138813891390 ...