View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What happens to the SP and shorts when we get big volume of buying?
    06-26-13 10:25 AM
    sorry to bring this up again guys but when is the AGM being held? I want to go attend but not sure if i need to register or not, don't know why I can't find any info on BB website :S any help is appreciated thanks!
    Look for the 2013 proxy circular (PDF) on this page: Corporate Governance - Canada

It's July 9 (10am) at the Humanities Theatre at UW. You don't have to register to attend.
    bungaboy and slipstream89 like this.
    06-26-13 10:27 AM
    Hey CJ, not sure who James is but my name is Robert.
    Sorry.... I assumed that since you commented on the Faucette joke, you knew who James is.
    tygros and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 10:28 AM
    The meeting is OVER!

We are looking good today!

Betting we will see $15 today!
    ibpluto, cjcampbell, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    06-26-13 10:28 AM
    Wasn't aware questrade has an app for Z10 now. That pikes my interest a little more towards picking it up =)
    I can't find it in app world. Maybe its an American app only
    Compaqee likes this.
    06-26-13 10:29 AM
    Actually, it might not be an app. Someone created an android port awhile ago that only worked for a short time. Questrade churns out a new version every couple of weeks. I think this latest one is just a mobile site that I saved on my desktop and stuck in my BlackBerry folder.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 10:32 AM
    And taken quite seriously in some circles.... just look at the Chinese in the last Olympics
    They were awesome!

Want them to KEEP wrestling! It was one of the original!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-26-13 10:33 AM
    Last rally, June 18th, BBRY stalled at exactly $15.00. Moving past that number would be nice.
    And this time they are out of bear ammo. Too close to the ER. I suspect some weak shorts are starting to cover with too much positive news the past two weeks....and the big houses are getting in a bit before the ER.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 10:36 AM
    Ouch just missed 15.50 but picked up 40 more to get myself to 200 shares 15.55 tsx
    40 shares per trade?
    Each of my trade (buy or sell) is 300 shares minimum which will produce $140 profit with 0.5 increase in the SP.
    With 40 shares, even SP increase by $3, you can only make $110.
    Hmm. Interesting.
    06-26-13 10:44 AM
    I'm posting this not to rain on AAPL's parade* but to help us gauge Misek's ongoing accuracy with his channel checks: Apple Inc. (AAPL) To Slash iPhone Orders: Jefferies

Summary: "Misek claimed in a note to investors that the iPhone maker has altered its manufacturing plans. The company will cut down iPhone orders for the third quarter from 40 million-45 million to 25 million-30 million. For the fourth quarter, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) will cut the order to 50 million-55 million from 60 million-65 million."

* but I should still point out that The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-2008.jpeg
    06-26-13 10:46 AM
    40 shares per trade?
    Each of my trade (buy or sell) is 300 shares minimum which will produce $140 profit with 0.5 increase in the SP.
    Hmm. Interesting.
    Maybe he just wants to play around and this is a great way to get his feet wet and not lose anything of significance?
    06-26-13 10:46 AM
    40 shares per trade?
    Hmm. Interesting.
    I think we have to respect that not everyone on this board has the same buying power. I applaud anyone who is taking hard earned money and trying to make it grow on their own. Many here are young, or, have a family and can't match some of the buying power of others at this time. Let's focus on the stock.
    06-26-13 10:48 AM
    Damn those BB's are powerful little suckers.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    06-26-13 10:48 AM
    40 shares per trade?
    Hmm. Interesting.
    Some people don't have the money to buy larger blocks like that. I've bought 60 and 40 as well since I spend what I can afford.
    lcjr, Bugmapper, dusdal and 9 others like this.
    06-26-13 10:50 AM
    40 shares per trade?
    Hmm. Interesting.
    Man I'm limited to 20 shares at a time. It's what a person can afford to invest. At a trading fee of only $8.00 per transaction from my brokerage account I can add 20 at a time no problem and eventually build up the nice portfolio I want.
    06-26-13 10:51 AM
    Maybe he just wants to play around and this is a great way to get his feet wet and not lose anything of significance?
    I agree it prevents you from risking more than you can afford by just picking up when it's cheap and you have the funds to average down as much as they can, provided losses from fee's don't cut too much into what they put in to buy...
    morganplus8, ibpluto and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 10:52 AM
    I think we have to respect that not everyone on this board has the same buying power. I applaud anyone who is taking hard earned money and trying to make it grow on their own. Many here are young, or, have a family and can't match some of the buying power of others at this time. Let's focus on the stock.
    You read my - and very likely many - mind.
    Thanks. We're in did part of the 99.9% .
    06-26-13 10:54 AM
    It looks like we have a parallel channel. Is this the top for now? Is it a cup that will form a handle, and retrace to around $14.48, before rallying? Are people going to bail tomorrow? I am holding, and will buy more, when the stoch. RSI is oversold again.

06-26-13 10:55 AM
    Well ive been collecting and dont have the cash that some people have. Anyways I own 200 shares now and im happy with what ive done. If we get into the 20's then even that profit is fine. Wish I could easilybuy blocks of 300 but not at that point where its that easy
    lcjr, dusdal, Superfly_FR and 10 others like this.
    06-26-13 10:56 AM
    40 shares per trade?
    Hmm. Interesting.
    I went in by 50 blocks.
    Now I'm loaded by 400.
    My avg is $13.5
    Shouldn't move until $100
    40.000 - (400*13.5) = $34.600 profit
    When you consider this as a 3-5 years investment, I believe it's a pretty nice ROI.
    Most of us are amateurs, please remember. We buy cash, no options. So this is our very own money. Real money.
    (sometimes I pray for the finance world to gamble ONLY with real money, but that's another story).

Edit: BTW, 40 X $3 increase : isn't that $120 profit in a trader perspective ? got it, you subtract transaction fees.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 10:58 AM
    Well ive been collecting and dont have the cash that some people have. Anyways I own 200 shares now and im happy with what ive done. If we get into the 20's then even that profit is fine. Wish I could easilybuy blocks of 300 but not at that point where its that easy
    No sweat man! We add when and how we can, that's it.
    06-26-13 10:59 AM
    Buying and selling stock, no matter how many shares can be fun and sometimes even profitable!

It is why we are all here!

WOW, someone just moved 376K shares of BBRY
    06-26-13 11:00 AM
    Wasn't aware questrade has an app for Z10 now. That pikes my interest a little more towards picking it up =)
    They actually created a mobile optimized website specially for the Z10. Go to iqmobile.questrade.com and save it to your hompage. It works really well.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and ibpluto like this.
    06-26-13 11:01 AM
    James is an analyst who is notorious for being a bear toward BBRY.

He's made some incredibly ridiculous statements, 1 being that the Z10 returns were outpacing Z10 sales. That's where his "joke" came from.
    Thanks for the clarification. I am quite familiar with the ridiculous statement and that's why I referred to the joke as a true story written by a highly paid analyst... hoping all of you would detect the sad sarcasm. I didn't remember the guys name because I didn't feel it was worth the space in my brain. Yesterdays multiple reports by the bears sounded like desperation to me. One of you commented that it has gotten to be like white noise and I agree. Friday I will be deep in wolf country and will have to drive 40 minutes just to get my Z10 fired up. If you hear from me on Friday it will be short as I will be sitting in my truck on the side of a highway. I think we will be having an online party and I don't want to miss it.
    06-26-13 11:01 AM
    Buying and selling stock, no matter how many shares can be fun and sometimes even profitable!

It is why we are all here!
    Bingo! And that brings up another valid point. Eventually the SP will be too expensive for us amateurs and we’ll be stuck where we are to ride it out or sell when we are ready. We’ll be sticking around this thread, but will also be investing in the next opportunity at our entry level. Food for thought.
    06-26-13 11:04 AM
113,256 ... 13851386138713881389 ...