View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nice to be gapping up again today. Hopefully it's going to be a steady gain.
    bungaboy and q649 like this.
    06-26-13 06:59 AM
    Wow, treason in the ranks is not good. They must have fired him when they found out he was talking to Sammy
    Typically you give 2 weeks notice when you are leaving the company. Over those 2 weeks you continue to work and transition knowledge so someone.

If you go to a competitor you are asked to leave immediately. But you still get paid those 2 weeks since it was the companies decision to forego your 2 week notice.

In Canada anyways...
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-26-13 07:04 AM
    Interesting . . . . . . Competition is always good.

Verizon offers $700-million for Wind, holds talks with Mobilicity

Verizon offers $700-million for Wind, holds talks with Mobilicity - The Globe and Mail
    06-26-13 07:06 AM
    Mobile malware explodes, hits corporate networks

'The report showed a 614 per cent jump in mobile malware in the 12 months to March 2013, with Android attacks accounting for 92 per cent.'
    Wow this is HUGE news. Corporations are very much aware of this monster problem. They are also aware of the bes10 / BlackBerry solution

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 07:12 AM
    Interesting . . . . . . Competition is always good.

Verizon offers $700-million for Wind, holds talks with Mobilicity

Verizon offers $700-million for Wind, holds talks with Mobilicity - The Globe and Mail
    Very good. They are the only bidder for wind outside the big 3 here and industry Canada stopped Telus. So they will get that deal done.

Interesting also that they are also looking at mobilicity aren't these companies on different spectrums with towers in the same metro areas?
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-26-13 07:13 AM
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, a new techrepublic review...

The BlackBerry Z10 for enterprise mobility, BYOD, and COPE | TechRepublic
    ibpluto, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 07:15 AM
    Out of curiosity....what kind of trading accounts are you gents using.

Been trading in my self directed RRSP account, and thats fine when your buying and holding (commisions are high + they have a frequent trading penalty......yes, I find that ironic as well)

Wouldn't mind starting one outside of this space, but would like to know what some of you are using
    06-26-13 07:17 AM

Been trading in my self directed RRSP account, and thats fine when your buying and holding (commisions are high + they have a frequent trading penalty......yes, I find that ironic as well)

Wouldn't mind starting one outside of this space, but would like to know what some of you are using
    TFSA.

Figured with the earnings possible from the recovery of such a deflated stock, not paying taxes on that kind of revenue makes sense. (Pun intended.)
    06-26-13 07:25 AM

Tfsa and rrsp both at rbc. Fees are highish unless you trade frequently, or have > $50,000 then they drop to $8 or$9

I don't recommend rbc for day trading but fine for long, swing trading. No desktop application, only Web interface.
    Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    06-26-13 07:37 AM
    This is where BBM Channels can excel, I see this type of social development as something that BlackBerry can expand to a world level, huge potential to do this with all sports teams in all areas, watch for an F1 announcement soon:

Research in Motion Ltd
    Symbol C : BB
    Shares Issued 524,159,844
    Close 2013-06-25 C$ 15.32

RIM wins Toronto NHL, NBA, AHL sponsorship deal
    2013-06-26 07:05 ET - News Release

Mr. Andrew MacLeod reports

MAPLE LEAF SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT TEAMS UP WITH BLACKBERRY

Research in Motion Ltd., doing business as BlackBerry, will be the official mobile computing partner of the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA) and Toronto Marlies (AHL). Through the marketing relationship, the iconic BlackBerry brand will be featured prominently in and around Air Canada Centre, and BlackBerry will collaborate with MLSE to develop a range of new platforms that will enable teams to connect with fans by sharing information and updates. With the future release of fan applications for BlackBerryA Atrademark 10 smartphones and the development of a channel on BlackBerryA Atrademark Messenger (a BBMA centsA A cents Channel) hosted by Leafs and Raptors personalities, fans will be able to enjoy real-time engagement experiences and preferred access as they follow their teams throughout the season.

"We are thrilled to be partnering with BlackBerry and this announcement means exciting things are in store for BlackBerry customers and Maple Leafs and Raptors fans everywhere," said David Hopkinson, senior vice-president, global partnerships and marketing for MLSE. "We look forward to bringing unprecedented access and some amazing experiences to our fans through this partnership over the next several years."

"BlackBerry and MLSE share some key values: passion, determination and leadership," said Andrew MacLeod, managing director for Canada at BlackBerry. "Together with MLSE and fans across the country, we are celebrating the spirit of ambition through excellence in Canadian sports, and we are honoured to stand behind some of the nation's favourite sports teams that display the indomitable spirit the BlackBerry brand represents."
    06-26-13 07:45 AM
    TFSA, self-directed RRSP, Margin account and wife's margin account. All have BB.to at various amounts and averages, amongst other things.
    Promise not to buy any more shares prior to ER as I have a bad habit of killing rallies whenever I push the 'buy' button.
    06-26-13 07:45 AM
    Here is a question. Last time at earnings we were doing fine, earnings were good yet we dropped to $13 did people shorting the stock have something to do with that drop?

Just wondering that if, It is harder to short, then maybe we wont get such a massive drop this time?
    06-26-13 07:49 AM

Trading within a TFSA under Questrade. Low comissions & not cost to open an account. =)
    bungaboy and ibpluto like this.
    06-26-13 07:50 AM
    Here is a question. Last time at earnings we were doing fine, earnings were good yet we dropped to $13 did people shorting the stock have something to do with that drop?

Just wondering that if, It is harder to short, then maybe we wont get such a massive drop this time?
    It's also why they started announcing earnings in the morning as opposed to after the market closes. Harder for the spin doctors to downplay the results if they've got to deal with realtime stock market movements. The market could end a few analysts career's on Friday.
    06-26-13 07:54 AM

I think it was less to do with shorts and more to do with those weak hands profit taking or those who were swing trading. BBRY for a long while has been a trader's stock so the SP didn't necessarily reflect it's long term value (still doesn't IMO) but was more fiercely controlled by news & traders.

As the FY goes on, we should start to see more positive ER's reinforcing BB's comeback and as the story and the picture gets more clear I see the illogical ER drops to either get less severe or actually go up.

Just my opinion, what do others think?

Cheers!
    06-26-13 07:54 AM
    This is where BBM Channels can excel, I see this type of social development as something that BlackBerry can expand to a world level, huge potential to do this with all sports teams in all areas, watch for an F1 announcement soon:

Research in Motion Ltd
    Symbol C : BB
    Shares Issued 524,159,844
    Close 2013-06-25 C$ 15.32

RIM wins Toronto NHL, NBA, AHL sponsorship deal
    2013-06-26 07:05 ET - News Release

Mr. Andrew MacLeod reports

MAPLE LEAF SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT TEAMS UP WITH BLACKBERRY

Research in Motion Ltd., doing business as BlackBerry, will be the official mobile computing partner of the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA) and Toronto Marlies (AHL). Through the marketing relationship, the iconic BlackBerry brand will be featured prominently in and around Air Canada Centre, and BlackBerry will collaborate with MLSE to develop a range of new platforms that will enable teams to connect with fans by sharing information and updates. With the future release of fan applications for BlackBerryA Atrademark 10 smartphones and the development of a channel on BlackBerryA Atrademark Messenger (a BBMA centsA A cents Channel) hosted by Leafs and Raptors personalities, fans will be able to enjoy real-time engagement experiences and preferred access as they follow their teams throughout the season.

"We are thrilled to be partnering with BlackBerry and this announcement means exciting things are in store for BlackBerry customers and Maple Leafs and Raptors fans everywhere," said David Hopkinson, senior vice-president, global partnerships and marketing for MLSE. "We look forward to bringing unprecedented access and some amazing experiences to our fans through this partnership over the next several years."

"BlackBerry and MLSE share some key values: passion, determination and leadership," said Andrew MacLeod, managing director for Canada at BlackBerry. "Together with MLSE and fans across the country, we are celebrating the spirit of ambition through excellence in Canadian sports, and we are honoured to stand behind some of the nation's favourite sports teams that display the indomitable spirit the BlackBerry brand represents."
    Yes...Mercedes AMG has had a Channel since the Beta began...great tool to get information out to fans.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 08:01 AM
    Wow this is HUGE news. Corporations are very much aware of this monster problem. They are also aware of the bes10 / BlackBerry solution

Posted via CB10
    Anyone know what the current cost is for a BES10 seat?
    06-26-13 08:01 AM
    Anyone know what the current cost is for a BES10 seat?
    I think they said $99/year for each non-BB device
    Compaqee and bungaboy like this.
    06-26-13 08:02 AM
    Hi, and Hello Everyone !!! Wanna Have Clean Chat
    Reported.
    06-26-13 08:14 AM
    06-26-13 08:17 AM

100% the sp dropped because of shorts shorting. You look at the stock chart and look at short interest numbers and every drop followed an increase in short numbers. We are now at 182,600,000 and if you add in Canadian shorts you have 40% of BlackBerry sold short. I've been saying the only selling is short selling and the short numbers prove it

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto, Komoto, fedakd and 1 others like this.
    06-26-13 08:20 AM
    Here is a chart on the potential breakout for BBRY in the days ahead:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-june-26-2013-chart.jpg

We now have all systems go to breakout of that blue downtrend line, currently at $ 14.75/shr. We are likely to test it first thing this morning and I can't stress how nice it would be to clear $ 14.75/shr and rally from here. The past 3 times the 5-ema has crossed the 7-dma, we have rallied to resistance. We are crossing that 7-dma again today and it sets us up for another rally here. Mark the $ 14.75/shr down as a big win if we can stay above it prior to Friday. The next major resistance is the Pennant itself, if we clear $ 14.75/shr we are then working on the Bollinger Bands to go higher and they have started up as of yesterday's close. The next important milestone in TA trading is to take out the previous high at $ 15.00/shr.

For months now, we have been seeing lower highs and higher lows. To break with this boring trading pattern, we need to close above $ 15.00/shr on this rally to reverse what has been happening for many months here. After that $ 15.00/shr number is captured, it is the pennant line that is the last line in the sand to cross. I see us hitting 52 week highs if we can get above $ 16.25/shr or that strong pennant line resistance. These are the key numbers to watch for over the next three trading days. GL
    06-26-13 08:21 AM
    Thor needs to make good use of intensifying adverbs in his ER speech.
    06-26-13 08:21 AM
    Yes...Mercedes AMG has had a Channel since the Beta began...great tool to get information out to fans.

Posted via CB10
    Yes and that is just Mercedes, the entire F1 calendar needs to make use of BBM Channels, not just one team, I see this as a worldwide function of BBM Channel. The revenues from setting up and maintaining BBM C across all channels is huge. BlackBerry has something here and they need to work fast to capture as many organizations around the world as possible. Can you imagine the revenue flow from just soccer?
    06-26-13 08:25 AM
    Anyone here ever taken the trading Academy workshops?

They have free half day sessions in Toronto coming up in July that are still open. Was thinking of maybe doing one of these.

Like anything free ....wonder what the catch is?
    06-26-13 08:26 AM
113,256 ... 13811382138313841385 ...