View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Gees, i'm 50+ "mobile sized" pages behind reading on here. Chipping away slowly.

Sorry to be off topic, bit just out of curiosity... I was on vacation in Boston/Cape Cod last week and while on the hwy, I was approaching a sports car and thought "Dang, that's a nice car!" As I approached it, I noticed it was a Tesla. So, as a CDN, it was exciting to see. But for some of our American friends in here, is this a common occurance? Do you guys see them around quite a bit or is it a rarity still?
    Never seen one. Production is very limited. You'd be more likely to see the campagna -rex that I want.

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 likes this.
    06-25-13 06:42 PM
    Hi,

For those liking the Telsa car and haven't seen the battery swap, go to
    Watch Tesla's Battery-Swapping System In Action: Video

Sorry for this digression, knowing some serious investors are considering it. Enjoy the small video while eagerly waiting for excitement from BB ER on Friday.

rarsen
    06-25-13 06:42 PM
    Gees, i'm 50+ "mobile sized" pages behind reading on here. Chipping away slowly.

Sorry to be off topic, bit just out of curiosity... I was on vacation in Boston/Cape Cod last week and while on the hwy, I was approaching a sports car and thought "Dang, that's a nice car!" As I approached it, I noticed it was a Tesla. So, as a CDN, it was exciting to see. But for some of our American friends in here, is this a common occurance? Do you guys see them around quite a bit or is it a rarity still?
    Saw one in Toronto a couple of times. Definitely turned my head for a triple take.
    m0de25 likes this.
    06-25-13 06:47 PM
    yep, should hear from MKM, Canaccord, Cleveland, and Detwiler, followed by more shorting. Are there any bulls left to report yet? Doesn't matter, I'm holding again, even though it seems like I should sell the news on this stock, I can't seem to accept that this ER will push the price down. Shorting can't go on forever if the company has turned around like I think they have, so I don't want to miss the catalyst that drives the shorts over the edge.
    There have been too many reiterations of the PT by the big firms over the last week to allow much success this close to the ER. I think the bulls will shrug off any bear raid attempts. So if they all release tomorrow, I see a 2% decline on the bear raid, but a 5% recovery for a +3% net. Because once it becomes evident that the raid failed....smart money will continue to pile in. Just a guess -- IF they raid it tomorrow. I think they will try the raid on Thursday.
    06-25-13 06:54 PM
    The only thing that keeps me from wanting to jump in tomorrow is that the stock is showing that it's reaching the overbought stage in the near term. If we get abit of a drop off then I think it would be a good time to get some more. BUT who knows we do have momentum.
    06-25-13 07:10 PM
    Bell Canada gets $400-million contract for federal government email system

Shared Services Canada has also rejected requests from Industry Canada to use a BlackBerry platform that it can use to connect non-BlackBerry mobile devices to their system, according to a response the IT super-department issued in September.
    Thanks for this. Unfortunately, the date nailed it (September). It is only now that we are starting to see the underlying abilities of QNX, so when they decided on this, the ignorance was a factor. I heard this same thing with Brookfield Johnson Controls when talking to one of their employees.
    IT departments simply didn't know what was Comming down the pike.

My confidence rests on the fact that Gov't entities, And crown corporations make silly mistakes all the time, but have the funds hidden away to make-good, and thus, will end up at least using QNX for the top layer at some point.... The gov't is a real fat lady so she takes some time to turn around....

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 07:12 PM
    Blackberry's "in" with the government is not what it used to be.

Maybe I exaggerated a bit but Apple is not loosing sleep over Blackberry's progress to date. Sure they are watching and know they will be a factor in the future but doubt they consider Blackberry as a serious threat at this time. Apple is spending it's "war funds" on Samsung, a more immediate threat. If there is Apple blood to be shed, it will be at the door of Samsung not Blackberry.
    Probably true; go after the off-shore threat first. I hope Apple goes after HTC next....

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:16 PM
    Did someone post the details of the Scotia report?

BBRY: Morgan Stanley Cuts FYQ1 View, But BB10 Upside Can Be ‘Catalyst’ (Update) - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

I LOVE it that Gus is just going with his own hunches. He doesn't care that he is 33% higher than the 2nd highest Q1 estimate, or 400% higher than the 2nd highest Q2 estimate at 1.28 EPS! (If I'm reading that right!? And I think even Misek was at .35 for Q2?)

Now just imagine this. Blackberry shows .68 EPS Q1.

Then on the call instead of Thorsten saying "roughly breakeven" as he did for Q1....he calmly says "roughly $1 for Q2".

If that happens..... I will be getting right drunk right fast.
    06-25-13 07:30 PM
    The only thing that keeps me from wanting to jump in tomorrow is that the stock is showing that it's reaching the overbought stage in the near term. If we get abit of a drop off then I think it would be a good time to get some more. BUT who knows we do have momentum.
    Overbought is meaningless with a major catalyst (i.e. ER). Please see the TSLA chart below for evidence of this!

We can see that on the date of TSLA's ER, the RSI was marginally below 70, at around ~68. Following ER, and the subsequent squeeze, the stock continued to remain in "overbought" territory for some time.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tsla_20130625.png
    06-25-13 07:34 PM
    Hi,

Sorry for this digression, knowing some serious investors are considering it. Enjoy the small video while eagerly waiting for excitement from BB ER on Friday.

rarsen
    Slowest gas fill up ever............
    06-25-13 07:36 PM
    Overbought is meaningless with a major catalyst (i.e. ER). Please see the TSLA chart below for evidence of this!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TSLA_20130625.png 
Views:	914 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	176005
    And just to add, we're just under 54 rsi (14) so still lots of room above.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:38 PM
    I just realized something...given all the talk about Apple I checked them out for the first time in a long time (stock price). Wow...Low four hundreds and guess what, that's us in a few years if TH's vision plays out. Maybe not four hundred (perhaps more) but who else offers a world wide secure layer on top of over 250 telecom networks world wide? With the "internet of things" coming and virtual cash and SaaS for secure sites who ya goona call?
    Granted I have a vested interest in willing this to make sense but, does everyone else here see this too? Why not the sharts? Just curious.
    06-25-13 07:41 PM
    Since nobody has reported the TSX short numbers here yet, I found what I think are the latest. 11.47 million. We now have a total of 39% interest, not taking out any shares like Prem's or Mike's.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:42 PM
    And this is a fun graph:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    06-25-13 07:47 PM
    Tiernans actually decent. I tweeted him this morning about giving space to cowell but not ms or scotia, he got on it and tweeted me back to let me know it was posted. Nice.

Did someone post the details of the Scotia report?

BBRY: Morgan Stanley Cuts FYQ1 View, But BB10 Upside Can Be ‘Catalyst’ (Update) - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

I LOVE it that Gus is just going with his own hunches. He doesn't care that he is 33% higher than the 2nd highest Q1 estimate, or 400% higher than the 2nd highest Q2 estimate at 1.28 EPS! (If I'm reading that right!? And I think even Misek was at .35 for Q2?)

Now just imagine this. Blackberry shows .68 EPS Q1.

Then on the call instead of Thorsten saying "roughly breakeven" as he did for Q1....he calmly says "roughly $1 for Q2".

If that happens..... I will be getting right drunk right fast.
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    06-25-13 08:10 PM
    umm, that wasn't me
    Whoops, sorry about that. My bad.
    take99, bungaboy and peter9477 like this.
    06-25-13 08:17 PM
    I just realized something...given all the talk about Apple I checked them out for the first time in a long time (stock price). Wow...Low four hundreds and guess what, that's us in a few years if TH's vision plays out. Maybe not four hundred (perhaps more) but who else offers a world wide secure layer on top of over 250 telecom networks world wide? With the "internet of things" coming and virtual cash and SaaS for secure sites who ya goona call?
    Granted I have a vested interest in willing this to make sense but, does everyone else here see this too? Why not the sharts? Just curious.
    Well speaking for myself, I have a telco background so I had a background in some of this stuff so I could see some value there. I imagine others are similar. I think the majority of the Sharts are technical guys and or groups thinking they were seeing another nortel. Then there are the herds. People like to move in herds.
    06-25-13 08:19 PM
    Love this from gus's report

We believe many analysts have kept their EPS numbers consistent with management’s guidance of a break-even quarter. However, we just flat out do not believe that guidance. We expect both gross margins and ASPs to be significantly higher on the back of the BB 10 launches and as a result drive decent profitability for the company
    06-25-13 08:20 PM
    Love this from gus's report

We believe many analysts have kept their EPS numbers consistent with management’s guidance of a break-even quarter. However, we just flat out do not believe that guidance. We expect both gross margins and ASPs to be significantly higher on the back of the BB 10 launches and as a result drive decent profitability for the company
    This statement from Gus is incredible (in a good way).

For next quarter, Papageorgiou models 5.5 million units of BB10, helped by the forthcoming lower-priced Q5. He is modeling $5 billion in revenue and $1.28 per share in profit, which would, again, be well above the consensus for fiscal Q2 of $3.34 billion and 11 cents.

Papageorgiou writes that “supply chain feedback has been generally positive suggesting the company has increased its component orders,” while demand for the Q10 “seems to be holding in longer” than the Z10, with the Q10 supply-constrained.
    06-25-13 08:34 PM
    Hi,

rarsen
    Nice! :thumbup:
    06-25-13 08:34 PM
    This statement from Gus is incredible (in a good way).

For next quarter, Papageorgiou models 5.5 million units of BB10, helped by the forthcoming lower-priced Q5. He is modeling $5 billion in revenue and $1.28 per share in profit, which would, again, be well above the consensus for fiscal Q2 of $3.34 billion and 11 cents.

Papageorgiou writes that “supply chain feedback has been generally positive suggesting the company has increased its component orders,” while demand for the Q10 “seems to be holding in longer” than the Z10, with the Q10 supply-constrained.
    However, we just flat out do not believe that guidance. We expect both gross margins and ASPs to be significantly higher on the back of the BB 10 launches and as a result drive decent profitability for the company

I think is isn't that great . The beat is great, but BBRY already has a credibility gap on Wall Street. If the CEO grossly underestimated the quarter, even if it is an underestimate and upside surprise this time, the street isn't going to believe him going forward. That is not good and can hurt in the long run. .
    06-25-13 09:05 PM

They are all over the West coast. They will spread, but slowly. Awesome car.
    m0de25 likes this.
    06-25-13 09:08 PM
    If the stock doesn't pop after the release of awesome ER numbers, bbry should announce that they are buying back the stock ... squeeze the shart out of the shorts!
    06-25-13 09:22 PM
    I think is isn't that great . The beat is great, but BBRY already has a credibility gap on Wall Street. If the CEO grossly underestimated the quarter, even if it is an underestimate and upside surprise this time, the street isn't going to believe him going forward. That is not good and can hurt in the long run. .
    I don't think anyone was ever supposed to interpret the "breakeven" comment as being precise guidance. I even think they were careful to basically say (again) that they were NOT giving guidance.

Nobody should treat that comment as a prediction of "approximately $0.00 EPS".

All I think it was ever supposed to mean was "we don't expect to post a loss". Nothing more, nothing less. If they were to hit $0.68, or any number without parentheses around it, I would consider it to help Heins' credibility, not hurt it.
    06-25-13 09:24 PM
    Apple and Samsung have tons....
    Need an explanation. I don't understand how the simple act of shorting a share keeps the stock price down.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:25 PM
113,250 ... 13781379138013811382 ...