View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Primecap can and will recall their 20 mill shares once they feel the upside squeeze is worth it and the value will stick.

Well the last report was after a long downturn in price and I expected the interest to have risen a lot yet it was only a small amount. This period had more up days than down but it went up... and significantly more. I suspect that they really aren't there moving the price down so much as they are holding the stock from popping.

I'm not sure if this scenario is plausible but what if the numbers are really good come Friday..... Could the houses that loaned the shares out not call back the shares in fear of the borrower not being able to pay them back? This would be a 4th straight beat and, if the higher of the estimates is true, a 4th straight increase in eps. To bet on failure at this point would be suicide.
    06-25-13 04:09 PM
    Excellent day!! Thanks for all the helpful comments in here, I never miss a day reading the posts - I learn something new in here every day. Even getting better at interpreting the charts (looks like the bear's feet are getting pulled up higher and higher). I'm optimistic as to what the future holds for Blackberry. Was able to take advantage of the dip on TSX early afternoon and added 350 shares to my position at $15.05. Not a day trader, but nice to see a small profit on today's buy.
    06-25-13 04:10 PM
    06-25-13 04:17 PM
    I didn't claim anything. All I said was to think that the competition isn't worried about other companies trying to take their market share away, esp when they are former major players with an in, that is ridiculous. Whether they are shorting or not is a whole other story but I wouldn't put it past Sammy.
    Especially considering the advertising money that Sammy has already burned making commercials specifically aimed at blasting BlackBerry.

I would bet they are on Sammy's radar of competitors.
    bungaboy and take99 like this.
    06-25-13 04:19 PM
    Right I forgot about that, thanks. Why target companies that you don't worry about? They wanted to stomp them out before they could gain any traction. That argument makes no sense, should Apple have not worried about Sammy a few years ago?

Especially considering the advertising money that Sammy has already burned making commercials specifically aimed at blasting BlackBerry.

I would bet they are on Sammy's radar of competitors.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 04:23 PM
    Looks like a good setup to be stopped at 15.48 at the close on Thursday. That is 6.3% higher than the close today. If we can sit closer $16 before the ER that would provide multiple levels of support to fall through on a bear raid.
    That is what I am hoping for... a little cushion. I want to stay fully in, but need it to get away from my break even at 14.12

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    bungaboy likes this.
    I didn't claim anything. All I said was to think that the competition isn't worried about other companies trying to take their market share away, esp when they are former major players with an in, that is ridiculous. Whether they are shorting or not is a whole other story but I wouldn't put it past Sammy.
    This is what I'm referring to "Can anyone deny that one or more of BlackBerry competitors are shorting BBRY?"
    umm, that wasn't me

This is what I'm referring to "Can anyone deny that one or more of BlackBerry competitors are shorting BBRY?"
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    06-25-13 04:27 PM
    180M+ shorts. Is there a point where shorts must stop shorting? Like there might not be any shares left to short?
    Or can they short all the way upto 500M+ shares and then some?
    06-25-13 04:29 PM
    180M+ shorts. Is there a point where shorts must stop shorting? Like there might not be any shares left to short?
    Or can they short all the way upto 500M+ shares and then some?
    They can only short shares that are available to be loaned out. There is already a diminishing supply so they will have a harder time moving forward.
    06-25-13 04:30 PM
    Uh oh
    BlackBerry is doomed. Everyone sell now before the curse of the leafs expands to engulf BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    06-25-13 04:31 PM
    So with the new short interest at 182,600,339, if a squeeze did occur what are we looking at regarding SP?? I know it will probably be in segments or a little at a time, but what is the estimated end point of the squeeze if it can be calculated or guestimated??

Edit: Just something cool to discuss while we wait for tomorrow....
    06-25-13 04:32 PM
    So with the new short interest at 182,600,339, if a squeeze did occur what are we looking at regarding SP?? I know it will probably be in segments or a little at a time, but what is the estimated end point of the squeeze if it can be calculated or guestimated??
    $100, sir.
    lcjr, take99, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    06-25-13 04:33 PM
    I don't know, why don't you leak that memo and we'll find out.....

06-25-13 04:36 PM

Not to be rude but I think the number is now 182,600,338...fraudstreettrader closed his position for a 2.97648% ROI.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 04:36 PM
    TSLA went from 50 to 100 while their short interest went from 27 mln to 18.5 mln. All rough numbers and dates.
    06-25-13 04:37 PM
    TSLA went from 50 to 100 while their short interest went from 27 mln to 18.5 mln. All rough numbers and dates.
    Yep, learned a hard lesson on that one. Don't want to have my finger near the sell button this time.
    dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 04:39 PM
    I don't know, why don't you leak that memo and we'll find out.....
    Oh you are the crafty one. lol I'm hoping to hear something from my IT buddies soon, just don't know if it will be before Friday. You know I'll post what I can as soon as I can.
    06-25-13 04:41 PM
    Uh oh
    BlackBerry is doomed. Everyone sell now before the curse of the leafs expands to engulf BlackBerry.

The teachers union made a boatload on them... I think we're safe..lol
    06-25-13 04:41 PM
    Not to be rude but I think the number is now 182,600,338...fraudstreettrader closed his position for a 2.97648% ROI.

Posted via CB10
    ROFL. :-) :thumbup:
    Shanerredflag and q649 like this.
    06-25-13 04:44 PM
    Nice to have another day without any PODDs.
    cjcampbell and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-25-13 04:46 PM
    Why are you so sure about this. Bbry still has an 'in' with enterprise and govt. Plus tech changes trends so quickly just ask bbry. Maybe they want to crush them before they grow legs. Apple esp stands to lose market share and they are already bleeding all on their own. To say they're not concerned at all is ridiculous imho.
    It's far more easy to attempt to crush BlackBerry now before they get their legs under them. Samsung would like nothing less then that so their tizen future can flourish! We all know they are dirty players with big pockets. It would be simple if they wished to do it. Their money is invisible from where their located.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 04:52 PM
    Why are you so sure about this. Bbry still has an 'in' with enterprise and govt. Plus tech changes trends so quickly just ask bbry. Maybe they want to crush them before they grow legs. Apple esp stands to lose market share and they are already bleeding all on their own. To say they're not concerned at all is ridiculous imho.
    Blackberry's "in" with the government is not what it used to be.

Maybe I exaggerated a bit but Apple is not loosing sleep over Blackberry's progress to date. Sure they are watching and know they will be a factor in the future but doubt they consider Blackberry as a serious threat at this time. Apple is spending it's "war funds" on Samsung, a more immediate threat. If there is Apple blood to be shed, it will be at the door of Samsung not Blackberry.
    06-25-13 04:57 PM
    Nah, the Maple Leafs suck at scoring goals but if my memory serves me right, it's the NHL team with the highest operating income, around $80 million.
    06-25-13 04:58 PM
    Nah, they suck at scoring goals but if my memory serves me right, its the NHL team with the highest operating income, around $80 million.
    So what you guys are saying is that, like the leafs, we will never be first place again in sales, but we will be the most profitable team in the league !

06-25-13 05:01 PM
113,256 ... 13761377137813791380 ...