View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Can anyone deny that one or more of BlackBerry competitors are shorting BBRY? No sane investor would short BBRY paying a 10% premium for a stock with little to no downside. I called it that BBRY would be 175-177 but I could not dream of a mind blowing 182 million shares short. I will say it again the only selling is short selling on a stock that is worth $25 today and much more tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 03:23 PM
    Wow. 182mill. Every bear raid they tack on more. You know it probably went up more last week on the 19th. Somebody is throwing money to keep this grounded. Can they keep that up for another quarter?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 03:26 PM
    IMHO it all depends on how BlackBerry defends and plays defense against the shorts imminent Subs # release....if it drops I hope they can defend...if it's an increase and the numbers are close to the average thread consensus they (shorts) are in some trouble if they need to cover.

Just my humble two cents.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and matthewriedle like this.
    06-25-13 03:29 PM
    Can anyone deny that one or more of BlackBerry competitors are shorting BBRY? No sane investor would short BBRY paying a 10% premium for a stock with little to no downside. I called it that BBRY would be 175-177 but I could not dream of a mind blowing 182 million shares short. I will say it again the only selling is short selling on a stock that is worth $25 today and much more tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt very seriously that Blackberry competitors are shorting BBRY. Apple and Samsung are not concerned with Blackberry.
    06-25-13 03:30 PM
    Wow. 182mill. Every bear raid they tack on more. You know it probably went up more last week on the 19th. Somebody is throwing money to keep this grounded. Can they keep that up for another quarter?

That's the question. Eventually the truth (which ever it turns out to be) will be known. It won't take more than another quarter either. Everyone, including those on this forum, will know for certain after the September ER.
    Shanerredflag and ItsTheBox like this.
    06-25-13 03:31 PM
    Yeah, I'm not sure what to expect Friday. I mean, the ER is in the morning so the market has all day to absorb the data. We may not see anything big as far as SP adjustment until a day or so following the ER.
    I predict a large movement the day of the ER.
    06-25-13 03:33 PM
    I'm going to need to buy some firewood. Bear steaks this weekend for everyone!!!
    lcjr, cjcampbell, take99 and 11 others like this.
    06-25-13 03:34 PM
    I predict a large movement the day of the ER.
    I'm going for a day or two following the ER, but will gladly accept your proposal.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 03:35 PM
    Thanks for the update Morgan!
    Attachment 175899
    Love it!:thumbup:
    06-25-13 03:37 PM
    Does anyone know the short interest on the TSX.
    It's about 3% to add to what NASDAQ has.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and psy fi like this.
    06-25-13 03:37 PM
    Another 30% up during the Friday day regular time will put the SP in the range 23~24. :-)
    Let's not be greedy. Let's just take out the $18.50 on Friday with new money...and then let the longs recall their shares that were lent out....and start the slow squeeze over the next month. But we need good numbers all around to make this happen. Need to keep the sub loss limited to 2M or less.
    Shanerredflag, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 03:39 PM
    I doubt very seriously that Blackberry competitors are shorting BBRY. Apple and Samsung are not concerned with Blackberry.
    Why are you so sure about this. Bbry still has an 'in' with enterprise and govt. Plus tech changes trends so quickly just ask bbry. Maybe they want to crush them before they grow legs. Apple esp stands to lose market share and they are already bleeding all on their own. To say they're not concerned at all is ridiculous imho.
    bungaboy, Dapper37 and mike869 like this.
    06-25-13 03:39 PM
    Guess we should be happy for that last long dip we had to boost their confidence. I feel like the bears are being lead to the slaughter not by us but by some big guns out there. In Wallstreet we know greed is the motto and anyway to make a dollar. Personally if a few big shots see the chance to cause a short squeeze then it will happen. Seems like a lot more money to be made then joining the shorts.

Also notice how fast gold is running downhill? I believe the markets should start heading down or correcting or whatever. However doesn't gold go up when the markets are down? It wasn't gonna go up anymore past $1800 if the markets were going down its why you get the huge sell off now. Gold needs to be abit lower so that when the markets start heading south Gold will be able to head back up towards 1800.
    fedakd likes this.
    06-25-13 03:45 PM
    Why are you so sure about this. Bbry still has an 'in' with enterprise and govt. Plus tech changes trends so quickly just ask bbry. Maybe they want to crush them before they grow legs. Apple esp stands to lose market share and they are already bleeding all on their own. To say they're not concerned at all is ridiculous imho.
    You've made the claim, the burden of is yours.
    06-25-13 03:47 PM
    Is it conceivable that BB has deliberatly lead Short down a dead end street? I mean is it possble for TH and his team to have purposely baited them in an effort to rocket the SP?
    bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    06-25-13 03:49 PM
    What does this mean?
    Think like adding more fiber to the diet.:-)
    Shanerredflag and cjcampbell like this.
    06-25-13 03:50 PM
    There is so much pressure building up from the sharts (pun intended). If this thing blows its going to be an explosion....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture2.jpg
    06-25-13 03:50 PM
    So to throw the conversation in a slightly different direction I'd like to ask a few questions to all you good folk.

I'm 23 years old, young finance/business professional. I currently use a Galaxy S3, I've been looking to come back to BBRY but the lack of apps ecosystem has me worried i'll miss something on my Android. I'm waiting for the 10.2 update to come out to re-evaluate my position with regards to the device. I'm looking at the z10, but by the time 10.2 comes out, the A10 will be coming out and Jan 2014 will be when the successor of the z10 is likely due.

My question to all of you, how many of your are in this boat, or no someone who is. I've handled the z10/bb10 devices. Navigation is flawless, intuitive and damn well ahead of iOS & Android. However there is a polish about the android/ios systems I feel it is missing.

Do you think many people on the fence are waiting for news on the Jelly Bean emulator? Are people waiting for Aristo? Are there any polls on current public opinion on BB?

On the cusp of what is expected to be a great ER, we should be looking long-term. Devices, Service/subscriber restructuring and future business opportunities (QNX cars, software, laptop/tablet variants).

BBRY has great potential, I'm just looking for the thoughts on their future, it seems the clouds blocking the sun are slowly dissipating each day but with that, whats the picture look like?

Thanks for everyone's awesome contributions.

P.S - I am looking/have been looking at the z10 for a long while. Feedback much appreciated.
    It seems a little too early to be swapping out an S3. Especially assuming that you aren't pulling down six figures at 23. I'd suggest waiting for Aristo. Especially since you are probably only about four months away at most.
    The jelly bean emulator should be around much sooner than that, but it also might be something to wait for. Especially since you have a decent phone right now (though my friends S3 has TERRIBLE battery life, like he goes through two backup external battery chargers a day).
    lcjr likes this.
    06-25-13 03:52 PM
    Big jump this time....

6/14/2013 182,600,339 19,423,612 9.400947
    5/31/2013 171,313,332 18,306,433 9.358095
    Looks like the shorts some in on the 3rd and the 14th of June. But they also were shorting some in between. If you look at the SP average between the 31 and 15th certainly the shorts are under water given the SP close as of today. Good news indeed. They shorted pretty much all of what was available to keep the price down, and it's UP.

Agree or disagree with my quick view of the chart?
    ItsTheBox, Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 03:54 PM
    Conspiracy theory. Shorts paid off the head of Services Canada who was in charge of determining email solution....to go away from blackberry. RCMP should investigate.
    Are they housed in Quebec? LoL. Trying to remember the AdScam participants names.:-)
    Last edited by bungaboy; 06-25-13 at 04:05 PM.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-25-13 03:54 PM
    There is so much pressure building up from the sharts (pun intended). If this thing blows its going to be an explosion....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	407 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	175928
    that's what she said.
    ItsTheBox, bungaboy, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    06-25-13 03:55 PM
    This looks good for more upside. I wish, I had bought more.

Attachment 175912

But we are not out of the woods yet. Resistance at $14.58 - $14.60, which is right on the first support line (dark red) from the main pennant, before we had to draw a second support line (orange). The stoch. RSI on the 30 minute and 60 minute chart are at overbought, and will cycle down. Let's just hope that when it does, the stock does not drop as much as before.

http://www.tradingview.com/x/DZP4BrHO/

We need to go above $15.50 to break this downtrend pattern.

Do you know, how this might play out post ER, Morgan? I know, 99% of us want this stock to go to the moon post ER; but what are the chances for the shorts to push it down again even with excellent ER?
    Looks like a good setup to be stopped at 15.48 at the close on Thursday. That is 6.3% higher than the close today. If we can sit closer $16 before the ER that would provide multiple levels of support to fall through on a bear raid.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    06-25-13 04:00 PM
    Looks like the shorts some in on the 3rd and the 14th of June. But they also were shorting some in between. If you look at the SP average between the 31 and 15th certainly the shorts are under water given the SP close as of today. Good news indeed. They shorted pretty much all of what was available to keep the price down, and it's UP.

Agree or disagree with my quick view of the chart?
    Well the last report was after a long downturn in price and I expected the interest to have risen a lot yet it was only a small amount. This period had more up days than down but it went up... and significantly more. I suspect that they really aren't there moving the price down so much as they are holding the stock from popping.

I'm not sure if this scenario is plausible but what if the numbers are really good come Friday..... Could the houses that loaned the shares out not call back the shares in fear of the borrower not being able to pay them back? This would be a 4th straight beat and, if the higher of the estimates is true, a 4th straight increase in eps. To bet on failure at this point would be suicide.
    06-25-13 04:04 PM
    You've made the claim, the burden of is yours.
    I didn't claim anything. All I said was to think that the competition isn't worried about other companies trying to take their market share away, esp when they are former major players with an in, that is ridiculous. Whether they are shorting or not is a whole other story but I wouldn't put it past Sammy.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 04:05 PM

Apple and Samsung have tons....
    bungaboy and ItsTheBox like this.
    06-25-13 04:06 PM
113,256 ... 13751376137713781379 ...