View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Gelblum is modeling total revenue of $3.09 billion, below the consensus for $3.38 billion, and EPS of 2 cents, below the Street’s average 5-cent estimate, and down from his prior estimate of $3.38 billion and 5 cents.
    I do NOT like those numbers. If I were to pick an analyst to believe numbers this is the guy. How is he only getting $3.09B ? His SR rev is 888M.
    fedakd likes this.
    06-25-13 12:27 PM
    We can add two more sell ratings to the bears failed attempts on the day.

BlackBerry: Bears Concede FYQ1 Upside Likely, Ponder Short Interest - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

EDIT - Make that three as Citi cut their target to $10
    I call Bull Cookies.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, psy fi and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 12:30 PM
    First off, the commentator needs to have a make-over, she turned me off sex. I just want to make that clear.
    Absolutely. (And for all the bellow, thanks again !)
    06-25-13 12:32 PM
    I would rather rent out a portion of a five-star hotel somewhere on a beach front. Each confirms their reservations on a number of blocked off rooms via their preferred payment method. That way we can walk the beach like that guy on the Southern Comfort commercials. hahaha.
    Heard this on NPR about the Jose Cuervo guy. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

John Hodgman first encountered Cuervo Man on a press junket to Cuervo Nation, a small island owned by Jose Cuervo Tequila. Cuervo Man was wearing nothing but a Speedo, wraparound shades, and a red cape. Occasionally he'd stick a toilet plunger on his bald head. John was fascinated and eventually got to know Cuervo Man, whose real name is Ryan McDonough.

Plan B | This American Life
    06-25-13 12:36 PM
    Pita place part 2....

So my daughter and I head out to grab a Pita for lunch (Different place then I mentioned a couple weeks ago). She finished her last exam (officially graduated from Highschool) so figure a little Father Daughter time is good for the sole and a nothing says "good job kido" like a Pita of your choice for lunch (I know, I know....I'm Dad of the year). .....but once again, I digress

We leave a little early to avoid lines. We get there, and there is only one person in line waiting for his Pita....he has a Q10!

Seriously WTF is it with people that frequent Pita places and Q10's?!

Any rate, he had a Q, I had a Z, and my daughter has a Z. We were the only three customers in the store at the time .....my math tells me thats 100% market share for BB

So in conclusion....if you want to see BlackBerry's ...go to a Pita Place, apprently that is the food of choice for intelligent people
    06-25-13 12:40 PM
    Morgan, I recall you picked up some calls around the $14.37 marker before the latest dip. Care to divulge your strike and expiry? Since you are a conservative investor, I'm going to guess Sept $14 strike.

Always curious what the call buyers, on this thread, are picking up! Thunder has July 20 @16...or he did a few weeks ago....and he said he's looking to pick up more before the ER.
    06-25-13 12:45 PM
    BBRY just went up 10 cents on a half million shares.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 12:50 PM
    BBRY just went up 10 cents on a half million shares.
    And a little bell action
    Superfly_FR, W Hoa, lcjr and 4 others like this.
    06-25-13 12:55 PM
    Heard this on NPR about the Jose Cuervo guy. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

John Hodgman first encountered Cuervo Man on a press junket to Cuervo Nation, a small island owned by Jose Cuervo Tequila. Cuervo Man was wearing nothing but a Speedo, wraparound shades, and a red cape. Occasionally he'd stick a toilet plunger on his bald head. John was fascinated and eventually got to know Cuervo Man, whose real name is Ryan McDonough.

Plan B | This American Life
    Cuervo Gold ? Reminds me ...

What a trippin' day we have, dudes
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-25-13 at 01:05 PM. Reason: oops, Gaucho, not Nightfly ;)
    OMGitworks, lcjr, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    06-25-13 01:02 PM
    Tug-O-War at 14.40.

RISE SP RISE. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. TIME TO STOP RESISTING SHORTIES.....IT WILL JUST BRING MORE PAIN.
    06-25-13 01:03 PM
    I am VERY surprised volume is so low today...quite a bit of news...bear reports, bull reports, secure workspace, very close to the ER.

I would think 25M avg all week going into the ER...
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 01:06 PM
    Cuervo Gold ? Reminds me ...

What a trippin' day we have, dudes
    If you look at the open portion of that graph, it looks like a dead cartoon bear on his back....
    06-25-13 01:07 PM
    If you look at the open portion of that graph, it looks like a dead cartoon bear on his back....
    ha ha ha ....I see it too
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    06-25-13 01:09 PM
    Bell Canada gets $400-million contract for federal government email system

Shared Services Canada has also rejected requests from Industry Canada to use a BlackBerry platform that it can use to connect non-BlackBerry mobile devices to their system, according to a response the IT super-department issued in September.
    06-25-13 01:29 PM
    Yeah, but how do you explain the bump just below it's belly? LOL
    06-25-13 01:30 PM

Shared Services Canada has also rejected requests from Industry Canada to use a BlackBerry platform that it can use to connect non-BlackBerry mobile devices to their system, according to a response the IT super-department issued in September.
    Sounds like another government boondoggle in the making to me.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-25-13 01:32 PM
    Wow! You guys spend too much time on this Forum!
    06-25-13 01:33 PM
    Yeah, but how do you explain the bump just below it's belly? LOL
    Rigor mortis of the appendages.. lol
    06-25-13 01:34 PM
    Nite all, now leaving to rock'n'roll this.
    Will hit the cymbal bell with faith Full Force (get busy) tonight !
    06-25-13 01:37 PM

That is going to be a disaster of a project/contract. Over the 7 years the various departments will change the requirements about 35 times, and the final cost will be 2B+. IMO CGI is about the worst of the big IT consultancy shops for success rate. In the end this will probably just be a secure email system without access to intranet / file shares. I haven't read the RFP so what I say is just assumptions based on previous experience in a "big 5" consultancy shop.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    06-25-13 01:37 PM
    That is going to be a disaster of a project/contract. Over the 7 years the various departments will change the requirements about 35 times, and the final cost will be 2B+. IMO CGI is about the worst of the big IT consultancy shops for success rate. In the end this will probably just be a secure email system without access to intranet / file shares. I haven't read the RFP so what I say is just assumptions based on previous experience in a "big 5" consultancy shop.
    Yup, the long gun registry will look like extremely well spent money compared to this thing in 5 years.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-25-13 01:41 PM

Isn't that bad news for us? You would think that the Canadian government would build their system around a Canadian company like BB, especially with the canadian content restrictions, what other MDM could they be using?
    06-25-13 01:42 PM

I don't see what Blackberry has to do with government email systems. I know we run BES to manage our blackberries but what does that have to do with our internal email system. Seems to me like just an unrelated quote pulled together by a journalist.
    06-25-13 01:45 PM
    Anybody think we can make it to $14.70 today?
    06-25-13 01:49 PM
    Nope, $14.45 is the close.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-25-13 01:50 PM
113,256 ... 13711372137313741375 ...